Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,583 members, 7,823,523 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:18 AM

Islamic/arabic Phrases And Meanings - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islamic/arabic Phrases And Meanings (677 Views)

Christian Students Should Snub Arabic Classes - Adeboye, Oyedepo, Kumuyi, Others / Strange Tree With Arabic Inscription In Ogun, REAL PHOTOS / Mystery Trees With Arabic Inscription In Ogun Turn Tourist Attraction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Islamic/arabic Phrases And Meanings by hurrycayne: 10:22am On Dec 21, 2016
بسم الله الرحمان الرحيم
bismillah arrahmaan arraheem
In the name of Allah, The Beneficent, The Merciful
Arrahmaan and arraheem are used to describe two aspects of the mercy of Allah. while arrahmaan defines His mercy which covers all of his creations, good and bad, Muslim and non muslim, arraheem defines the aspect of His mercy which He has reserved for the believers and those who do good in this world and in the hereafter for Allah will not treat the bad as he treats the good, although He is merciful to both.

الحمد لله
Alhamdu lillah
Praise be to Allah

يوم القيامه
yawm alqiyaamah
Day of standing(I.e from the graves and before Allah)

يوم الدين
yawm addeen
Judgement day

سبحان الله
subhaana Allah
Glory be to Allah

السلام عليكم
Assalaamu alaykum
Peace be upon you

الله اكبر
Allahu akbar
God is the greatest
Re: Islamic/arabic Phrases And Meanings by annunaki2(m): 11:54am On Dec 21, 2016
What of 'al taquiya'?
Re: Islamic/arabic Phrases And Meanings by hurrycayne: 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2016
annunaki2:
What of 'al taquiya'?

dunno that... maybe if you could type it in Arabic. but it should have something to do with piety. if you say someone is taqee تقي , it means they're pious
Re: Islamic/arabic Phrases And Meanings by funbat(m): 11:07pm On Dec 22, 2016
my question is must they speak in Arab tongue, cnt get express in English,
Re: Islamic/arabic Phrases And Meanings by lepasharon(f): 6:35am On Dec 23, 2016
What about boom?
Re: Islamic/arabic Phrases And Meanings by hurrycayne: 5:25pm On Dec 23, 2016
funbat:
my question is must they speak in Arab tongue, cnt get express in English,

My friend, I'm lucky enough to know about 4 or 5 languages and one thing that is well known is that translating from one language to another is not always easy. First there's the issue of loss in meaning. Secondly, the effect a phrase has in one language may be different from the effect it has in another language. It is for these reasons that the Quran is preserved and learned in its original language.
Also there's the question of unity. No two things bring a people together like language and religion and no two things tear them apart like those two.
Re: Islamic/arabic Phrases And Meanings by funbat(m): 9:58pm On Dec 23, 2016
Hmmmm, but I use to see Yoruba Quran translation na,
Re: Islamic/arabic Phrases And Meanings by hurrycayne: 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
funbat:
Hmmmm, but I use to see Yoruba Quran translation na,
of course. not everybody can learn a new language, so there are translated Qurans in, I believe, all major languages. Still the Arabic version is preserved for reference purposes. Any Muslim will tell you that the Quran in Arabic ( the Arabic spoken in the time of Muhammad (SAW), because language changes) is indispensable.

(1) (Reply)

Christ Your Wisdom Gives You Good Success - Joseph Prince / Christian's Reaction To Apostle Suleiman Johnson's Scandal. / Man In Saudi Arabia Sentenced To Death For Atheism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.