Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,008 members, 7,814,440 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:54 PM

PMB Sacks The Sports Minister - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / PMB Sacks The Sports Minister (6364 Views)

Trump Sacks The Afonja That Probably Tells Him To Ignore NG Army Killing / PMB Sacks Permanent Secretary Who Award Contracts To Himself With 500 Companies / Photos From The Burial Of Briskila Dalung, Wife Of Sports Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 21, 2016
HOME > LOCAL > DALUNG : DEAR BUHARI, SACK SPORTS MINISTER NOW!
Dalung
Dear Buhari, sack Sports Minister now!

Jude Egbas | 16:52 | 20.12.2016
Sports Minister is a walking gaffe machine and is largely incompetent. Sack him now, Buhari. Do it for world peace

24/7 Live - Subscribe to the Pulse Newsletter!

Enter email address...
Subscribe
Solomon Dalung
Solomon Dalung (Twitter)
The internet has been having a laugh at the expense of Minister for Youth and Sports, Solomon Dalung.
As the cameras rolled during a House of Reps committee meeting, Dalung let fly a grammatical blooper.

One committee member quizzed Dalung on why he spent out of approved funds for his Ministry.

"The funds SPENDED were properly SPENDED", Dalung shot back in a clip that has since gone viral, complete with memorable memes.

Everyone is due a grammatical blunder once in a while. We all commit grammatical blunders in speech or in writing.

So, Dalung's "SPENDED" isn't even the issue here.

The issue is whether he'll admit, even in his quiet moments, that he's committed a grammatical blooper.

Chances are that in Dalung's mind, he was grammatically correct.

And that's the problem with Dalung.

President Muhammadu Buhari's sports minister has treated us to one gaffe after another; not for once admitting there were gaffes.

Not for once admitting that he misspoke. Not for once admitting he's incompetent.

ALSO READ: PMB, please save us this embarrassment

He didn't flinch when he said Nigeria shouldn't be at the men's world cup because the competition is a corrupt enterprise.

Dalung showed no remorse when he referred to the land of his birth as the United States of Nigeria.

He didn't even wince when he said no one expected the Super Falcons to win the Africa Women's Championship.

And as the men's U-23 football team were left stranded in the United States days before the Olympics, Dalung asked aloud what they were doing in a camp in the U.S.

Dalung (Twitter)
Here's Dalung in his elements: The issue of our U23 national team suffering in the United States of America is news to me.

"They (Dream Team VI) didn’t tell us what they were there for and who took them there. It doesn’t mean that if somebody goes to the market and has problem then you will come and ask the ministry (of Youths and Sports). The question is who took them there? And what are they there for?

“Because they are U23 national team and they went to the US and they are having problems, does that become our business?

Solomon Dalung
Dalung (Daily Mail)
“When they were travelling to US from your information, were you told we that we were informed? Before you (the media) asked us to account for something you should know whether we were aware of it.

“So, if somebody has a birthday of his friend and he moves his team to go and play (there) you cannot come back to ask me to account for it. If they are throwing them out of the hotel (in the US), then they should know who took them there".

ALSO READ: Sports minister not aware of team’s training camp in US

Dalung is a walking embarrassment. He's been that way since November 2015.

And Dalung won't stop being Dalung because he was born that way. Even Dalung can't help himself.

Every comment reveals just how out of his depth he is.

There have been reports that a cabinet reshuffle is imminent.

Dalung should top the list of those who'll be asked to leave.

The man has long overstayed his welcome. The irony is that it took all of six months to hire him.

Alongside several other ministers in the Buhari cabinet, this beret wearing dude is a misfit--the ideal meaning of an error.

We should help his case by asking him to take his leave.

He's a spended--sorry--spent force.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by Chef2000: 11:17am On Dec 21, 2016
A
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by Nobody: 11:18am On Dec 21, 2016
This is good. After depriving Falcons of their wages.

Please ladies check my signature. Guys can do the same for their girlfriends too....Spice up your Fashion this Yuletide season. check my signature.

For those that have bought. Thanks for your patronage.

2 Likes

Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by Emexicoman(m): 1:40pm On Dec 21, 2016
I've always had my grudges against this man's ineptitude... And looking at the fact that it took 6 months to appoint a technocrat like this is a greater embarrasment

1 Like

Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by Naughtytboy: 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2016
Pls can Buhari sack himself too?

5 Likes

Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by paddychuks(m): 2:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
*Bonaza Bonaza Bonaza*

Still on

Have you been seeking for how to make legitimate income online? Do you want to earn a living online? Not all online businesses are fraud it's just that you fell into the hands of the fraudsters but don't give up on your quest to earning a living online.

Oya o am giving out a free e-book on *how to make money online in Nigeria*. It's totally free no money attached but the information you will get in the e-book will make you free from poverty and help you learn how to have a multiple stream of income online.

In the 148pages e-book written by Orji Patrick you will learn how to:
*start an online business
*Businesses you can start online.
*Blogging etc.
Let's leave the talk till you get the ebook

*How to get it*
Send me your email and name to my number *07031920023* You will surely get my e-book in the next 24hours after order. It's totally free I repeat again. If you have any problem after order you can reach me.

*Please this e-book is only for serious minded people that are ready to act on what they have read, it took me time to prepare this and it's only available to those that are serious about it. Prepare for questions from me if you will be ordering for this e-book cause I really need to know if you are serious about it*

Do you need a blog for your business or looking for ways to market your products to over 500 potential buyers? Hi_Blog. Talk to me.
*©Hi_Create publications*
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by Nobody: 3:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
Hmmm
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by yusuff4u2c(m): 3:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
I hope this is true sha
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 21, 2016
Buhari and the sports minister reason like a goat
How do you expect a goat to sack a fellow goat

3 Likes

Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by Asek1(m): 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
A simple opinion poll will suffice
'Like' for go and 'Share' for stay

1 Like

Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by Agimor(m): 7:49pm On Dec 21, 2016
Dalung is incompetent simple. To even think it took Buhari six months to appoint this beret buffoon minister is mind boggling.

1 Like

Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by 234GT(m): 8:03pm On Dec 21, 2016
The biggest blunder this man committed is saying Nigeria has no business going to the next men's world cup. When me don dey happy say we go reach at least quater final courtesy of Moses, Iwobi and Iheanacho.
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by morbeta(m): 8:08pm On Dec 21, 2016
Click "like" if you want Dalung out and "share" if you want him expunged. grin grin angry

2 Likes

Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by Caseless: 8:09pm On Dec 21, 2016
Dalung is not going anywhere.
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by miqos02(m): 8:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
how?
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 8:39pm On Dec 21, 2016
PMB should sack the Petroleum minister too
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by demolaxl(m): 8:51pm On Dec 21, 2016
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by leofab(f): 9:12pm On Dec 21, 2016
Buhari should sack himself first before asking him..cos he is more competent than him...
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by Joephat(m): 9:50pm On Dec 21, 2016
ppl commenting here did not read what the Op wrote.
is crazy why we av this kind of lazy youths agitating for the sack of Dalung..
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by solotutu(m): 10:26pm On Dec 21, 2016
The weed this man takes before sitting to face the press works in ways we cannot see. It is hidden from normal eyes, cos the beret covers the remainder of his true color.
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by gfullmoon(m): 10:37pm On Dec 21, 2016
This man had the gut to say that NFF never knew Super Falcons will win the trophy as the cause of the bonuses and allowances payment crises. Which implies that NFF glorifies failure to "save" money than success.
Dalung the Minister of Beret is my Number vote of those Ministers PMB should drop.
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by globalresource: 10:43pm On Dec 21, 2016
Really
Re: PMB Sacks The Sports Minister by drexy02: 6:45am On Dec 22, 2016
Buhari should sack that man

(1) (Reply)

Buhari's Unguarded Actions Cause Israel To Recognize Biafra - Arab Diplomat / Wole Soyinka In His Radical Days As A Pyrate Don (photo)! / See Hushpuppi's Dude, Mompha With El-rufai (PHOTO)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.