Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,848 members, 7,810,265 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:39 AM

Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES (24635 Views)

Gunmen Kill A Soldier In A Bus In Enugu (Disturbing Photo) / Stepmother And Herbalist Burn Teenage Boy’s Hand, Over Claims He Is A Wizard / A Civilian Fighting A Soldier In Mushin, Lagos (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by ngr7: 11:52am On Dec 21, 2016
"...and he opened his eyes": Recession and the tears of the Nation
I came, I saw and felt the effects of recession in its natural and raw state. It seems sad to behold! How did a retired soldier of the Federal Republic of Nigeria come to this sorry sight?In many ways, the neglect of senior citizens of the country, pensioneers, is a corporate judgement on the nation's integrity. It is the 'holocaust' of governmental neglect.

In fact, at exactly 9am in the morning I took a position in front of UBA bank at Lokoja. Somehow, I saw group of people gathered near an old man, whose face has known decades of suffering. It seems that his jacket is a replica of those worn in the Cowboys movies of the 70's. His shorts shared identity with the dirts on the road. His body has not seen water for months I guess.
I drew closer to the crowd. ..I enquired from one of the women what was the matter. She replied " na witch...na God catch am today". All this time, the man was suspended in between life and death...he was uncounsciuos and was assumed to be dead. A young spirited man poured a sachet of water on the man's head. Behold,he opened his eyes to the admiration of the crowd.

Futhermore, the youngman offered some water to the "old man". He drank hastily and his eyes became brighter. Sooner or later, he led us into his ordeal which began in 2013, he told the listening crowd how he was owed pension and how matters became worst during the course of this year. He has been owed over 8months. Sooner or later, some spirited individuals bought food for him to eat. Others offered to take him to the hospital. But then, the old man rejected all the offer. He said 'I got my pension today'. He went further to say the joy of receiving his pension led to his state of unconsciousness.

Immediately the neglect of pensioners came to the limelight, the men in the crowd talked randomly. Majority blamed Buhari regime,others suggested that it was inherited from the previous regime.
Nonetheless, what became immediately clear was that some strange phenomenon are at once attributed to the "occult or the workings of the invisible hands". More so, 'poverty, hagardness' was also captured in the image of 'oldness'. This perspective mix unevenly with the workings of the state, hard felt recession and the dichotomies between Jonathanians and Buharists. It further showcases most Nigerians as caring and sympathetic.

Recession as a phenomenal based on the perspective of the crowd was real. It manifested in a profound way in the body of the old man. What was however contested was 'who caused the recession '. The Devil, Buhari and Jonathan were all implicated. However, by passing these talk. I argue that recession is that which is imbued with diversities of meaning, contested and more so, a political tool of loyalists/apologists. I dare say that recession serves as a technology through which blames are apportioned to heroes/villains and a prism through which the cleavages of the state are chronicled.

Source, http://www.viviangist.com/retired-nigerian-soldier-beaten-to-pulp-for-allegedly-been-a-wizard-in-lokoja-pictures

Cc; lalasticlala

1 Like

Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by Khd95(m): 12:02pm On Dec 21, 2016
Pathetic..

1 Like

Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by nextprince: 12:04pm On Dec 21, 2016
Too bad. Witchcraft exists only in our imagination, there is nothing like that and the earlier we come to terms with this reality, the better 4 us in particular and the entire Black Race in general.

19 Likes

Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by soberdrunk(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
Chai!!! See suffer!!! sad sad

1 Like

Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by passionate88: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
Buhari's recession go cause serious problem for Naija

2 Likes

Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by Dc4life(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
This is the effects of recession in its natural and raw state. It seems sad to behold! How did a retired soldier of the Federal Republic of Nigeria come to this sorry sight?In many ways, the neglect of senior citizens of the country, pensioneers, is a corporate judgement on the nation's integrity. It is the 'holocaust' of governmental neglect.

8 Likes

Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by momodub: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
Too bad
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by Nobody: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
It's so sad to see an innocent old man being abused.

4 Likes

Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by evaonuegbu90(m): 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
Any evidence?
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by Thunderlicious: 12:16pm On Dec 21, 2016
By bloody civilizians?
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by adedayoa2(f): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
If them see winch them go wait, make una leave that baba o

2 Likes

Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by daclint(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
Very bad
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by Nobody: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
Sorry old soldier never die,the beating will not kill u. angry stupiid pple
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by brokenplate: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
Hmmmm

Dear Nairalanders thanks for your patronage so far. Please contact me on my signature for your Xmas goat.
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by Upraz: 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
adedayoa2:
If them see winch them go wait, make una leave that baba o

True words
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by mallorca(m): 12:17pm On Dec 21, 2016
Who certify him a wizard?

How did I find my self in this continent called Africa ?

So sad...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by ayodejijoshua(m): 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
but why nah are wishing the man to die young ni, nigeria sha
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by JonSnow(m): 12:18pm On Dec 21, 2016
What a country!
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by ayodejijoshua(m): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2016
[quote author=brokenplate post=52128665]Hmmmm

Dear Nairalanders thanks for your patronage so far. Please contact me on my signature for your Xmas goat. do yu sell goat ni
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by lirusehn(m): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2016
There was a Nation undecided
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by Daniel058(m): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2016
Chai! grin
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by Atiku2019: 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2016
Any Old and Broke Man/Woman is a Wizard/Witch or a Suspect cry
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by Divay22(f): 12:19pm On Dec 21, 2016
God help us
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by pmc01(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
Pathetic tho. All the same, to God be the glory.
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by midehill(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
hmmn so awkward
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by lirusehn(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
ayodejijoshua:
do you sell goat ni

NO!! he sells boat.
Are you blind ni? undecided

1 Like

Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by Aishar21: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
We like blaming supernatural powers for our problems in nigeria

1 Like

Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by brokenplate: 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
[quote author=ayodejijoshua post=52128712][/quote]

Yes check my signature
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by bewla(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
ha ba
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by opethom(m): 12:20pm On Dec 21, 2016
How e no go look like wizard? Person way Don suffer for 9ja, him pension them no pay, person way no chop how them dey look? Kudos to all our military men facing Boko Haram, 9ja no be country way you fit suffer for...
Re: Retired Nigerian Soldier In Lokoja Accused Of Being A Wizard - PICTURES by kbams241: 12:21pm On Dec 21, 2016
hmmm wat a sad story..but wt dose not being paid pension has to do wit him bin a wizard .....hungry bloggers everywer ..atleast e has bin payed his pension 2day

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Dupes Fiancée Of Money, Phone After False Promise Of Marriage / Businessman Arraigned For Raping 17-Year-Old Sales Girl In Lagos / Nigerian Man Convicted Of Killing An 18-year-old Boy In London (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.