Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,867 members, 7,810,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:21 AM

Use This 9 Golden Tips To Set Your 2017 Goals - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Use This 9 Golden Tips To Set Your 2017 Goals (593 Views)

7 Step-By-Step Guide On How To Set Your Business Goal / How Were You Able To Raise Up The Desired Capital To Set Up Your Business? / Setting Goals For Success - 5 Top Tips For Successful Entrepreneurship (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Use This 9 Golden Tips To Set Your 2017 Goals by MWTH(m): 1:05pm On Dec 21, 2016
If you haven't been reading my posts, I think this one would be your most important of all. Take your time to read through this piece and act accordingly.
I have been on the Radio for over a year giving out my strategies for free on Marketing & Sales.

Every year I always want to give this piece to those who have failed to achieve anything meaningful during the year. So stick with me here and following every bit of the details.

COPIED FROM MY FACEBOOK PAGE:

Recap:

In the last few weeks, we’ve been discussing GOAL SETTING for 2017.
It may not be necessary for you but I strongly know that you need it. Of course this is not basically my area of specialization (In case you haven’t known yet, I specialize in Marketing and Sales/Business Development) so talking about GOAL SETTING is just to help you put yourselves in the right positions for the future lessons you will be getting from me & my team.
The reason is simple.
No amount of trainings given on this platform without you having total control of yourself can change anything to good for you.
Therefore, in case you missed out in the lessons, let me just give a summary here.
Straight to the points.

USE THIS 9 GOLDEN TIPS TO SET YOUR 2017 GOALS

1. Set goals that will MOTIVATE you - Your goals should bring out the passion in you. For instance, why would you want to have N100m at the end of 2017? Someone could easily say that, “I want to have N100m at the end of 2017 because, with that kind of money, I would have been able to solve all my family monetary needs like sponsoring my kids in school, taking my parents abroad for some medical checkups, building a befitting house so I don’t pay rents again,….. and the lists goes.

2. Set SMART goals; specific; measurable; attainable; relevant; time bound.
a. Your goals should be SPECIFIC – I will make N100m in December 2017
b. Your goals should be MEASURABLE – By the end of June 2017, I should have N20m in my savings account, a house worth N15m.
c. Your goals should be ATTAINABLE – I will make N100m in December, 2017. Does this look like a mirage to you? Well, Be Strong and align with the mindset of POSSIBILITIES.
d. Your goals should be RELEVANT – Is paying School fees for your kids relevant to you? Will it impact on your future? What about your parent’s health? Do you think it is important to take them for checkups? These and many more questions you need to ask when setting goals.
e. Your goals should be TIME-BOUND – Is December 31st 2017 a good time to get that amount? Will you start on the 1st of January or 3rd? When do you really need the 40m as part of the entire sum?

3. Set goals in WRITING
Your goals should be WRITTEN. It doesn’t matter how bizarre it sounds or looks. Just write it down. Don’t be shy to do this. There are No two ways to getting yourself on track except you write your goals down..

4. Make your goals VISIBLE
Your goals should be VISIBLE – Did you get that? After writing it, paste it by your bedside, in your bathroom/toilet, on your desk, in your wallet or hand bags. This is to keep it close to your heart. Read it often at least 5 times a day.

5. Make an ACTION PLAN
Your goals is worthless if you don’t have ACTION PLANS – Make sure you write down how you will achieve these things. It’s like moving from point A to point B. If you’re not certain about the necessary actions to take, go all out to ask those who are already enjoying the successes. Better still post it on your wall and request guides or help from the audience. To say it simply, it is the step-by-step approach you need to get to where you want to be with focus on a particular Goal.
For example using the N100m as a goal. Action plans could be something like this.
Since I have to make N100m by 31st of December, 2017. I will do the following;
a. To consult with a Telecom guru on 2nd of January;
b. Register my Telecom Business name on 3rd,
c. Meet with MTN, AIRTEL, GLOBACOM & ETISALAT on 4th of January,
d. Decide on the amount to launch into the business on 5th of January,
e. Source for Retailers on 7 & 8th of January,
f. Decide on only 3 out of all the retailers I met on 9th of January,
g. Write appointment letters to the retailers on 10th,
h. Sign MOU with them on 11th,
i. Invite them for a training and dinner on 12th January.
j. Go back to MTN on 13th and pay them for products. Deliver products same day to my retailers.
k. On 14th of January, start supervision from Retailer a A to C with reports of their methods of sales on daily basis collected.
You can go on and on with these steps.
It makes you stay on track and adds great value to your day-to-day live as a businessperson or a career person.

6. STICK with it
STICK with your ACTION PLAN – The noise of distractions will definitely come around and very often. However, STICKABILITY is what you’ve got to adopt here.

7. TRACK and ANALYZE
You will be wasting your precious time if you cannot at the end of every assess your performance by TRACKING and ANALYZING your day-to-day work. Assess yourself vis-à-vis your ACTION PLAN and see where you need to do something different to get better results.
For example, If ACTION PLAN has step 1 as meeting with a Telecoms Guru. Ask yourself if you were able to do that, and was it impactful? Is it taking you to where you want to be? If you would do it again, how would you do it differently for a better result? Write it down.

8. ADJUST your plan when needed
You should ADJUST where necessary. Nothing is cast in stones. You can be allowed to shift grounds but ensure the ultimate GOAL is still in check.

9. LEVERAGE the 80/20-rule
The Parento’s principle states that you should give attention to the 20% activities that gives you the 80% results. And vice versa. Always learn to leverage on the best things that impacts positively on your ultimate goals.

With this, I am sure we are on the same page isn’t it?

So in the next few days I shall be revealing all that you need to set the balls rolling for 2017.
I don’t want you to set too many goals that will get you confused or tired so soon. I want you to as much as possible set goals you can contain for a start so you can remain focused for great results.

I will see you soon.

Have you signed up with me on my page? If No! Please do so. And if yes, congrats…. I shall be guiding you in 2017 for ultimate results.

Be Great! Nothing Else Pays!!

(1) (Reply)

Chief Patrick Chidolue Acclaimed The Fastest Growing Entrepreneur In Nigeria / Top Ten Benefits Of A Cloud PBX Phone System / These 2 Businesses will Boost your Finances this year!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.