Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,460 members, 7,830,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 07:16 PM

Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement (29922 Views)

Okocha Reveals Why He Never Won African, World Best Player Awards / Heart Problem Forces Abdullahi Nura Into Early Retirement From Football / Sergio Ramos Reveals Reason For Celebrating UCL Victory With Nigerian Flag (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Nobody: 9:51am On Dec 22, 2016
... Whatever rocks your boat.
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by BIBILARY(m): 9:54am On Dec 22, 2016
see mumu excuse.. dem tie ur leg ?

1 Like

Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 22, 2016
okoji

Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Mesutlewy(m): 9:57am On Dec 22, 2016
don't worry, Iwobi will continue where u stopped
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Skain(m): 10:00am On Dec 22, 2016
Oga jayjay na injury force u to retire no be playing time. I remember when u played just 10mins for hull city bfor ur injury force coach to change u.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Greedgod: 10:05am On Dec 22, 2016
Jjane2:
This man play pass Ronaldinho... Argue with your mirrors
u have eyes bt fail to see

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by nerilove(m): 10:05am On Dec 22, 2016
eezeribe:
Legend who loved playing for small clubs... No wonder he never won CAF AFRICAN FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR
anu ofia, PSG and Bolton na small clubs? But he won BBC African Footballer Of The Year. Pls if you don't know what to say, just keep kwayet! Iranu...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Almand: 10:15am On Dec 22, 2016
eezeribe:
Legend who loved playing for small clubs... No wonder he never won CAF AFRICAN FOOTBALLER OF THE YEAR
GE never won anything at club level. Jay jay us a mediocre player
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by barcaboi(m): 10:21am On Dec 22, 2016
olafunny:
Okocha was lucky to have come during the time when government cared about the welfare of the players. When allowances were not delayed. When players were recongnized for their great performances.

Now the story has changed. Players now have to larment and rally round with placards before their pleas are heard. Failed NFF led by failed president in country under a failed government led by a failed president.
if u don't knw history...google it...kanu and co have been owed many times....find out b4 saying lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by sirjomore(m): 10:24am On Dec 22, 2016
Drabeey:
Well to some ppl, he is a legend. To me..... He is just a regular guy.

Someone who cant boast of any cool trophy. Legend my foot

Anyways

Drabeey was HERE
if Jay Jay is "just a regular guy" then u don't even exist at all. gerrarahia mehn #hater

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by bettercreature(m): 10:29am On Dec 22, 2016
zeusdgrt:
Oga go sitdown for dirty,If you play well dem go gv u more playing time.
He destroyed his own career due to his arrogance when he was stripped of captainship position
He refused to train and sometimes late to training ground
Then He was removed from bolton wonderers squard and later sold to qatar
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Nobody: 10:30am On Dec 22, 2016
Milanfan:

When did you start watching football?

When he started watching football doesn't matter. He never won African footballer of the year and he played for small clubs mostly.

Jay-Jay Okocha
Personal information
Full name Augustine Azuka Okocha
Date of birth 14 August 1973 (age 43)
Place of birth Enugu, Enugu State, Nigeria
Height 1.73 m (5 ft 8 in)
Playing position Attacking midfielder

Youth career
Enugu Rangers

Senior career*
Years Team Apps (Gls)
1990–1992 Borussia Neunkirchen 35 (7)
1992–1996 Eintracht Frankfurt 90 (16)
1996–1998 Fenerbahçe 62 30)
1998–2002 Paris Saint-Germain 84 (23)
2002–2006 Bolton Wanderers 124 (14)
2006–2007 Qatar SC 41 (6)
2007–2008 Hull City 18 (0)
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Naughtytboy: 10:34am On Dec 22, 2016
shrewd1:
WE MISS THE TRICKERY HIS LEGS BRING.

I HOPE HE POURS THAT ANOINTING ON IWOBI
IWOBI can never be like him, we won't see the likes of Jay jay and Ronaldinho for a very long time
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by kizyalex10(m): 10:37am On Dec 22, 2016
Kelvdimeji:
He is way above that age. I guess his real age prompted his early exit.
this is the real reason my brother.guess he won't tell us that one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Nobody: 11:02am On Dec 22, 2016
Naughtytboy:
IWOBI can never be like him, we won't see the likes of Jay jay and Ronaldinho for a very long time

Ronaldinho stands alone, bro.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by maverick001: 11:03am On Dec 22, 2016
tonio2wo:

he plays for fun, for the love of football.
don't tell me that one ojere........if dere no give him salary u tink say he go continue playing.......wch footballer does nt love football
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by maverick001: 11:10am On Dec 22, 2016
nerilove:
anu ofia, PSG and Bolton na small clubs? But he won BBC African Footballer Of The Year. Pls if you don't know what to say, just keep kwayet! Iranu...
bros.......PSG were nt as big as there are now during okochas time..........Nd Bolton have Neva been a big club..........both of Dem as at dat time were small clubs.......don't talk with ignorance nxt time

1 Like

Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Nobody: 11:11am On Dec 22, 2016
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by ceejay80s(m): 11:17am On Dec 22, 2016
olafunny:
Okocha was lucky to have come during the time when government cared about the welfare of the players. When allowances were not delayed. When players were recongnized for their great performances.

Now the story has changed. Players now have to larment and rally round with placards before their pleas are heard. Failed NFF led by failed president in country under a failed government led by a failed president.

which lucky?
in case u dont know ,mutiu adepoju, rashidi yekini, ohehen,samson siasia, keshi and the rest have not collected all the money the govt and nfa/nff are owing them,even the land that was promised to dem when they won tunisia 94 and all other games, till today they have received nothing
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by haryomikun(m): 11:23am On Dec 22, 2016
NLbeachparty:
Take it or leave it, Jay Jay is still the best footballer that came out of Africa. Respect!
We are also going to have beach soccer at the nairaland beach party. Coming soon

For more information on the nairaland beach party check my signature/profile. You don't want to miss this

Nairaland beach soccer party?!
This is dope!!!!!!!
Wishi was able to come sha.. I won't have time on that day..

Abeg mention me with pictures of the event
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by ensamy(m): 11:24am On Dec 22, 2016
Midfield maestro. But bros that 34yrs fit be 44 yrs. Just like kanu thier onyibo mates are still very active in Premier league and other leagues around the world but them retire long long time. See John Terry, Peter Crouch , Zabelata etc are still strong and active.
See African footballers at 27, 30, 31 they will be tired .

Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by gender123: 11:28am On Dec 22, 2016
If you need a group where you can receive genuine updates on ultimate cycler and understand how the system works. A place where your questions can be answered,

JOIN THIS GROUP

https:///Dg9njWmqcwaBmjl9hFOqUy
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Ibime(m): 11:34am On Dec 22, 2016
Okocha, you were not 34 when you retired, your real age was close to 40.

The last 3 years before you retired, you were running like pregnant woman.
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Alphasoar(m): 11:44am On Dec 22, 2016
thats past tense . . . in the meantime . . .

Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Jokerman(m): 11:46am On Dec 22, 2016
Or you were 44 claiming 34.... grin
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by SEEDORF441(m): 11:55am On Dec 22, 2016
ensamy:
Midfield maestro. But bros that 34yrs fit be 44 yrs. Just like kanu thier onyibo mates are still very active in Premier league and other leagues around the world but them retire long long time. See John Terry, Peter Crouch , Zabelata etc are still strong and active.
See African footballers at 27, 30, 31 they will be tired .
ok drogba and etoo don retire?
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by mikkypel(m): 11:57am On Dec 22, 2016
Naughtytboy:

What abt the one you are seeing in Neymar, Coutinho and Hazard
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by tianshie(m): 12:04pm On Dec 22, 2016
NLbeachparty:
Take it or leave it, Jay Jay is still the best footballer that came out of Africa. Respect!
We are also going to have beach soccer at the nairaland beach party. Coming soon

For more information on the nairaland beach party check my signature/profile. You don't want to miss this

For this our beach party, how much transgender go come pay?
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Eazie351(m): 12:05pm On Dec 22, 2016
Smh (-_- ) (-_-) ( -_-) mikel shld coman tich* u aw 2 sidan...u‘re playin 4 20mins o‘o dupe!
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by nerilove(m): 12:06pm On Dec 22, 2016
maverick001:

bros.......PSG were nt as big as there are now during okochas time..........Nd Bolton have Neva been a big club..........both of Dem as at dat time were small clubs.......don't talk with ignorance nxt time
see this mumu, so Ronaldinho that played with Okocha at PSG is not worth it? Even Rivaldo and other world cup winning Brazilian team? Bros, go and learn your football well. Don't comment with hate. Won't do you any good.
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by Kyllahmc(m): 12:17pm On Dec 22, 2016
Hanging up boot at 34 doesnt sound early to me... Thats like footballers average age for retirement, If not for those Italian players that play till they clock 70 years angry i mean look at Buffon.. The Granpa still keeps like when he was 20... And still wants to play in the 2018 WC
Re: Okocha Reveals Reason For Early Retirement by tianshie(m): 12:21pm On Dec 22, 2016
Drabeey:
Well to some ppl, he is a legend. To me..... He is just a regular guy.

Someone who cant boast of any cool trophy. Legend my foot

Anyways

Drabeey was HERE

I don't know when you were born, perhaps post-2000. Any adult Nigerian knows Jay Jay was a legend. If you watched the Nigeria Cameroun Nations cup match in 2004
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DjitA3PgtpQ this freekick goal, when Nigeria needed it the most, just before halftime, made me bay like a fcu.king animal, jumping up from my seat, and screaming "Jay Jay is the best player in the world!"
I will SLAP you if you say Okocha is not a legend.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Soccer Legend Pelé Buried At Cemetery In Brazilian City He Made Famous / Olga Diyachenko Celebrates Mikel Obi After Super Eagles Beat Argentina (Photo) / Comoros Qualify For First Ever AFCON Tournament, Players Celebrate (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.