Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,550 members, 7,819,949 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette - Literature (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (88058 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / "365": A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Akinwale14(m): 8:52pm On May 28, 2017
I wish i be Dani i go make lizzy life useless and miserable,i just dont like lizzy one bit,creeza weldon jare but ur story z too slow o

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by hormobolanle: 8:52pm On May 28, 2017
Creeza:
Thank you sir
undecided Biko I b gel o d name resemble boy owngrin

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 8:58pm On May 28, 2017
Chapter 15...

Iziegbe

Daniel paid for the Indomie take -away dishes . He also put the Nutri milk he had bought earlier into a nylon and handed it to me. He held the drugs he had bought for Kechi, as the doctors had prescribed.

All the while I was speechless. Dani was the caller behind the secret number . I was mad at him but instead , I took out my anger for the suspense on Kechi. Everything happend so fast. She probably knew it was him all along and still kept me in the dark. Now I was afraid to ask Dani for further explanations , who am I to question his actions?

He only told me his main reason for using the number was to make sure I was out of danger and that he confirmed it everytime he heard my voice on the phone. But why didn't he reply each time. why do that now?

All these were on my mind but I chose to remain silent.

It was already dark and June 12 - was boiling with sales. Students walked in and out . Many stood on que to withdraw from the Fidelity bank ATM gallery at a corner. Others bought snacks and the lines waiting for Suya or toasted bread with eggs were enough to boost your G.P .

We left June 12 and walked into hall 2 car park. The legendary hall 2 where things happened, you should come and see for yourself . The experience is for a lifetime.

We hopped into Dani's Ferrari Beast . He tuned on his music set and Ycee's Juice escaped the speakers . We drove to the Health centre where Kechi was admitted.

When we arrived , Dani apologised to Kechi on my behalf. He even told her I acted out of stupidity.

Fejiro was present and had been taking care of Kechi after the doctors stopped her bleeding .

I looked at Dani. He handed the drugs to Kechi . Both smiled to each other.

At that moment I realised that their friendship was of the purest form . Dani was a fine gentleman with a heart of gold.

He stared back at me and his eyes caught mine off guard.

" I'm sorry " I said finally.

'For what?

" Everything. " I began " my pride and lust nearly tore us apart . I mean- even after everything you still-"

" If you knew. it wouldn't have made any diference " Dani cut in as he took a seat " Even me . I had no idea of his identity until I investigated it. You were only a victim of circumstances "

" It made me realise-"

" It tore us part actually " he continued " it did . But Kechi is the reason why we are still here "

I asked him what will happen to Ade now ". He said he will be prepared to face him if Ade comes knocking again.

I was a fool all along to not cherish this man before me. He was always one step ahead . it didn't matter if he had money to spend or not, What stood out most to me , was his love and affection that was unparalleled. He extended it to everyone that he came across with.

" Thank you . Sweet heart " I said .

"That's a new " Dani replied

" Yea. My love for you is brand new " I turned to Kechi " And you my beloved sister and friend "

She smiled .

" I'm so sorry for stabbing you. I -- I --- I know we haven't really been the best of friends but without you am incomplete . Im not Izzy. please forgive me "

Kechi joked underneath her pain " You are Iz.. the Zzy is not there "

I laughed. we all burst into laughter.

Then silence cut through the air . It was not long though before I broke it.

" I don't even know why this is funny to me? I asked

" Yea " Kechi said " But it's kind of funny. really"

we laughed again.

Kechi asked Dani about Clinton. He told her that Clinton travelled with Amaka to South Africa on a visit to his Grandma's town in Jo' burg . They would be back after a couple of weeks .

I cut in and asked Dani where we would spend our own holiday . He said he was still considering Dubai. I nearly screamed out loud.

" Oh my ---" I hugged him so tight " Muauhhhh. I love you so much "

Kechi dropped a comment " Lucky you . Me that has no one to take me for holidays. Giving our exams are over. I will just relax in my lane"

Dani tried to say something before Fejiro interrupted " Kechi don't worry eh. our vacation will be on the moon and when we return - you and I - Our love story will be written on the Sands of time . trust me" He was so certain.

" Chai " Kechi blurted " Your mates are taking people to South Africa and Dubai , your own is moon and sand. Oya go and pack one bucket of sand na , let's start eating it. Sands of time Ko, Stone of love ni"

We all burst into laughter again .

Then my phone rang. I picked up the dialer . It was my uncle. Uncle Barry yelled at me on the phone and ordered me home immediately. He said I have a lot of explanations to do.

Uncle Barry never calls me randomly. It's always important and my mind flew to Efua's case. The one we had hid from him all along. Disaster will surely befall the four of us that were present there that day.

As the day withered ,many secrets would still be left untouched . Lies would still live in our hearts . Vanity will always be the same. And it would be that way for years to come.

It will be for the best though, because right now , this moment where we are , everything is well . We found freedom from our desires and it was well indeed.

The End.

Thank you for sticking around . It was a bumpy ride but we finished this one.

I hope I was able to justify the title of the story literally and figuratively ,any of the two both of them ( lol ) grin . Just kidding.
And also I hope the little details all link up in a perfect pattern.
Graciāz

I want to read your take on the story.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:02pm On May 28, 2017
Akinwale14:
War!!,wetin Dani see for this mumu girl body sef,after cheating on him with that mumu fake boy Ade,Dani stil get mind and forgive lizzy, this one na real stupid love.
lol , in life shit happens ....
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:14pm On May 28, 2017
hormobolanle:
undecided
Biko I b gel o
d name resemble boy owngrin
Eya, ema Binu o... Thank you sha , you came at the right moment .
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Akinwale14(m): 9:22pm On May 28, 2017
Creeza:
lol , in life shit happens ....
Hmmm Nice story tho thumbs up

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by yungeez(m): 10:32pm On May 28, 2017
Tri-gbosa 4 Creeza... U just too much... Great story bro, bt I tink dat Izzy didnt pay 4 her crime, she should av suffered a little bit, m happy 4 efua and I hope things work out wit she nd Nosa... As for Nkechi I take back my earlier comment on her, she is a try friend and she should b d 1 going to Dubai nt dat silly Izzy... And as for Creeza don't forget to mention me in ur next post...
#OluwaAndYungeezIsStillInvolve

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:38pm On May 28, 2017
Akinwale14:
Hmmm Nice story tho thumbs up
thanks a lot man . Thanks for being there . I appreciate. Izzy has suffered quite a lot, remember she lost her dad before all these happend.

And I will do just well to mention you in my next post smiley
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by mamindy(f): 11:53pm On May 28, 2017
Thanks [center]Thanks [/center]Thanks

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 7:18am On May 29, 2017
Yeeeeeeeee thank you, thank you, thank you. This story is just wow. Thank you. You did Justice to the story. I don't know what to say self. It's the best Creeza. Waiting for more story. Thank you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:42am On May 29, 2017
queenitee:
Yeeeeeeeee thank you, thank you, thank you. This story is just wow. Thank you. You did Justice to the story. I don't know what to say self. It's the best Creeza. Waiting for more story. Thank you
I'm honored smiley
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Eniqurl(f): 10:21am On May 29, 2017
Wow! What a nice story.... Thumbs up Creeza

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Akinwale14(m): 10:42am On May 29, 2017
Creeza:
thanks a lot man . Thanks for being there . I appreciate. Izzy has suffered quite a lot, remember she lost her dad before all these happend.

And I will do just well to mention you in my next post smiley
But lzzy no suffer enough nah and thanks for ur promise..

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by tunjilomo(m): 5:03pm On May 29, 2017
The ending was perfect

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:30pm On May 29, 2017
Eniqurl:
Wow! What a nice story.... Thumbs up Creeza
Thank you dear ... I appreciate
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:31pm On May 29, 2017
tunjilomo:
The ending was perfect
I'm grateful ... thank you for the kind comments so far. .
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 10:54pm On May 29, 2017
Well done Creeza

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:14pm On May 29, 2017
Adesina12:
Well done Creeza
Thank you sir .
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by sheba222(f): 3:03pm On May 31, 2017
Woow nice one

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by talk2saintify(m): 2:55pm On Jun 02, 2017
sWEET

2 Likes

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by BlissfulJeff(m): 2:29pm On Jun 07, 2017
weldone creeza,u nailed it,wat an end...

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Bb4u(f): 7:22pm On Jun 07, 2017
well done bro...been following for a while. thanks for completing it

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 7:46pm On Jun 08, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
weldone creeza,u nailed it,wat an end...
gracias
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 7:47pm On Jun 08, 2017
Bb4u:
well done bro...been following for a while. thanks for completing it
Thank you too for following
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Eyinimofeoluwa(f): 9:52pm On Jun 08, 2017
cool Creeza Nice Writeup Bro Keep It Up

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Olubee22(f): 1:03pm On Jul 04, 2017
Pheww, that was really good . The suspense no be for here ,at a point I thought it was Dani that set that stewpid Izzy up but then it was nice . Wehdone sir!
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:20pm On Jul 05, 2017
Olubee22:
Pheww, that was really good . The suspense no be for here ,at a point I thought it was Dani that set that stewpid Izzy up but then it was nice . Wehdone sir!

thank you ma.
I'm currently working on something special. something nice. something fast. something you will like. in short as these sentences short like this. that's how the action will be. short lines and intense action. no be fast and furious sha. but dae with me. or kindly follow up. it's going to be something you never had.

Abeg pardon me for the free advert. your Comment motivated me.

Gracias
smiley
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Olubee22(f): 10:41pm On Jul 05, 2017
Creeza:

thank you ma.
I'm currently working on something special. something nice. something fast. something you will like. in short as these sentences short like this. that's how the action will be. short lines and intense action. no be fast and furious sha. but dae with me. or kindly follow up. it's going to be something you never had.

Abeg pardon me for the free advert. your Comment motivated me.

Gracias
smiley

You are welcome . abeg do quick o,can't wait to see what you have got this time around .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Missmossy(f): 10:48pm On Jul 05, 2017
Awww beautiful end Creeza, our mistakes shouldn't affect our present situation. Like your simple diction, makes it easy for the story to be understood. Finally this story ended grin well done.

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:07pm On Jul 05, 2017
Missmossy:
Awww beautiful end Creeza, our mistakes shouldn't affect our present situation. Like your simple diction, makes it easy for the story to be understood. Finally this story ended grin well done.
Na you o. Weldon MAh! you forget me na . cheesy oshe baddest!!! . But that said, I had finished the story months ago.

Thank you for the endorsement too.

" I like your diction " this One got me blushing. smiley
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Missmossy(f): 8:10am On Jul 06, 2017
Creeza:
Na you o. Weldon MAh! you forget me na . cheesy oshe baddest!!! . But that said, I had finished the story months ago.

Thank you for the endorsement too.

" I like your diction " this One got me blushing. smiley
Nah.. I didn't. Na you forget me instead you didn't see me comment as i use to you didn't ask of me. Went for NYSC camp till it ended didn't visit Literature section. You are very much welcome, blush well tongue

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by oyionina(f): 7:33pm On Sep 02, 2017
Nice story....but u should have written an happy ending for kechi too....

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Three Paths / Black Maria 5 - Retribution (The Final Book)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.