Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,763 members, 7,820,655 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette - Literature (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (88063 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / "365": A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:04am On Sep 13, 2017
oyionina:
Nice story....but u should have written an happy ending for kechi too....
thank you... Next time i will smiley
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by enirock(m): 10:15am On Oct 19, 2017
Welldone creeza. U did justice to both piece.from the suspense, to diction, to paragraph. It was nice nd also the story line was captivating. Thanks for these beautiful novels or stories. Simply amazing

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:35am On Oct 19, 2017
enirock:
Welldone creeza. U did justice to both piece.from the suspense, to diction, to paragraph. It was nice nd also the story line was captivating. Thanks for these beautiful novels or stories. Simply amazing
thank you sir. smiley I appreciate .
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by mukarovsky: 9:23am On Dec 05, 2017
Creeza:
Chapter 15...

Iziegbe

Daniel paid for the Indomie take -away dishes . He also put the Nutri milk he had bought earlier into a nylon and handed it to me. He held the drugs he had bought for Kechi, as the doctors had prescribed.

All the while I was speechless. Dani was the caller behind the secret number . I was mad at him but instead , I took out my anger for the suspense on Kechi. Everything happend so fast. She probably knew it was him all along and still kept me in the dark. Now I was afraid to ask Dani for further explanations , who am I to question his actions?

He only told me his main reason for using the number was to make sure I was out of danger and that he confirmed it everytime he heard my voice on the phone. But why didn't he reply each time. why do that now?

All these were on my mind but I chose to remain silent.

It was already dark and June 12 - was boiling with sales. Students walked in and out . Many stood on que to withdraw from the Fidelity bank ATM gallery at a corner. Others bought snacks and the lines waiting for Suya or toasted bread with eggs were enough to boost your G.P .

We left June 12 and walked into hall 2 car park. The legendary hall 2 where things happened, you should come and see for yourself . The experience is for a lifetime.

We hopped into Dani's Ferrari Beast . He tuned on his music set and Ycee's Juice escaped the speakers . We drove to the Health centre where Kechi was admitted.

When we arrived , Dani apologised to Kechi on my behalf. He even told her I acted out of stupidity.

Fejiro was present and had been taking care of Kechi after the doctors stopped her bleeding .

I looked at Dani. He handed the drugs to Kechi . Both smiled to each other.

At that moment I realised that their friendship was of the purest form . Dani was a fine gentleman with a heart of gold.

He stared back at me and his eyes caught mine off guard.

" I'm sorry " I said finally.

'For what?

" Everything. " I began " my pride and lust nearly tore us apart . I mean- even after everything you still-"

" If you knew. it wouldn't have made any diference " Dani cut in as he took a seat " Even me . I had no idea of his identity until I investigated it. You were only a victim of circumstances "

" It made me realise-"

" It tore us part actually " he continued " it did . But Kechi is the reason why we are still here "

I asked him what will happen to Ade now ". He said he will be prepared to face him if Ade comes knocking again.

I was a fool all along to not cherish this man before me. He was always one step ahead . it didn't matter if he had money to spend or not, What stood out most to me , was his love and affection that was unparalleled. He extended it to everyone that he came across with.

" Thank you . Sweet heart " I said .

"That's a new " Dani replied

" Yea. My love for you is brand new " I turned to Kechi " And you my beloved sister and friend "

She smiled .

" I'm so sorry for stabbing you. I -- I --- I know we haven't really been the best of friends but without you am incomplete . Im not Izzy. please forgive me "

Kechi joked underneath her pain " You are Iz.. the Zzy is not there "

I laughed. we all burst into laughter.

Then silence cut through the air . It was not long though before I broke it.

" I don't even know why this is funny to me? I asked

" Yea " Kechi said " But it's kind of funny. really"

we laughed again.

Kechi asked Dani about Clinton. He told her that Clinton travelled with Amaka to South Africa on a visit to his Grandma's town in Jo' burg . They would be back after a couple of weeks .

I cut in and asked Dani where we would spend our own holiday . He said he was still considering Dubai. I nearly screamed out loud.

" Oh my ---" I hugged him so tight " Muauhhhh. I love you so much "

Kechi dropped a comment " Lucky you . Me that has no one to take me for holidays. Giving our exams are over. I will just relax in my lane"

Dani tried to say something before Fejiro interrupted " Kechi don't worry eh. our vacation will be on the moon and when we return - you and I - Our love story will be written on the Sands of time . trust me" He was so certain.

" Chai " Kechi blurted " Your mates are taking people to South Africa and Dubai , your own is moon and sand. Oya go and pack one bucket of sand na , let's start eating it. Sands of time Ko, Stone of love ni"

We all burst into laughter again .

Then my phone rang. I picked up the dialer . It was my uncle. Uncle Barry yelled at me on the phone and ordered me home immediately. He said I have a lot of explanations to do.

Uncle Barry never calls me randomly. It's always important and my mind flew to Efua's case. The one we had hid from him all along. Disaster will surely befall the four of us that were present there that day.

As the day withered ,many secrets would still be left untouched . Lies would still live in our hearts . Vanity will always be the same. And it would be that way for years to come.

It will be for the best though, because right now , this moment where we are , everything is well . We found freedom from our desires and it was well indeed.

The End.

Thank you for sticking around . It was a bumpy ride but we finished this one.

I hope I was able to justify the title of the story literally and figuratively ,any of the two both of them ( lol ) grin . Just kidding.
And also I hope the little details all link up in a perfect pattern.
Graciāz

I want to read your take on the story.

olive you. what a story! you are a wizard!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by itsandi(m): 9:52am On Dec 05, 2017
Nice... smiley Enjoy other interesting stories on Tushstories via

www.tushstories.com

#Click!
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by kennysam91: 3:53pm On Dec 09, 2017
I really enjoy it 9ic 1

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by MMotimo: 7:30pm On Apr 12, 2020

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (Reply)

Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Three Paths / Black Maria 5 - Retribution (The Final Book)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.