Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,260 members, 7,822,318 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:58 AM

Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette (88082 Views)

Jack And The Residents Of No. 7 Cole Street (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / An Unusual Christmas In Ibadan (A Novelette By Kayode Odusanya) / "365": A Novelette (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2016
Creeza:

Today was really
boring sha, I stood 3hrs non-stop at The ATM
and the kilo of turkey I bought was almost melted by the time i got home.
What kind of ATM is that?......Is it normal money you are suppose to withdraw....3hours Geeeezzzz!!. I would have given up after 10minutes, ha ah.

I choose to swipe anything I buy, I lose money like crazy coz I never trust my wallet. So I'll hide it and not remember where I had hidden it lipsrsealed tongue

2 Likes

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 6:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
jagugu88li:
....3hours Geeeezzzz!!. I would have given up after 10minutes, ha ah.

I choose to swipe anything I buy, I lose money like crazy coz I never trust my wallet. So I'll hide it and not remember where I had hidden it lipsrsealed tongue
thats Nija for u,

and a friend of mine was asking '' what are We withdrawing if there is no money in the economy, Our sins?
grin

I prefer liquid cash, always comes in handy, u might not see a machine to swipe and there goes your waterloo
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 6:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
jagugu88li:
We are here now, let the movies begin

Swann lleigh shigo20 greg42 adesina12 nastynic Tuhndhay (these two will reply a minute before rapture lipsrsealed) Oya now girlhaley lawlahdey
Bae. . Thanks for the mention, I have been in prison cry

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by veekid(m): 8:04pm On Dec 24, 2016
Give us more plz; thanks for the mention

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by queenitee(f): 10:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
@creeza,I'm forever following.. Thank God Efua didn't free
Niko @creeza comman update oo before I cry

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 7:08am On Dec 25, 2016
Mehn, I'm far behind shockedcry

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 9:07am On Dec 25, 2016
Merry christmas to all avid followers of this thread.. In the mood of the season , share the love.

Cc Kisschrix
jagugu88li
tuhndhay
dtobs
sprinxtixy
winters22
veekid
queenitee
:*

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by veekid(m): 9:45am On Dec 25, 2016
Creeza:
Merry christmas to all avid followers of this thread.. In the mood of the season , share the love.

Cc Kisschrix
jagugu88li
tuhndhay
dtobs
sprinxtixy
winters22
veekid
queenitee

Wish you the same

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 10:02am On Dec 25, 2016
Lawlahdey:
Bae. . Thanks for the mention, I have been in prison cry
Lol, stop your criminal tendencies and you won't have to be locked up. Good tohave you back and pullleeeeeeze take this period as parole lipsrsealed.

Btw, wetin you dey do to deserve jail time? grin

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Winters22: 10:11am On Dec 25, 2016
Creeza:

Cc Kisschrix
jagugu88li
tuhndhay
dtobs
sprinxtixy
winters22
veekid
queenitee

Happy Xmas.. .. wish u abundant merrimentations and jollification this festive season

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 10:33am On Dec 25, 2016
queenitee:
@creeza,I'm forever following.. Thank God Efua didn't free
Niko @creeza comman update oo before I cry

dear u will not cry, and thanks for always making out time to type those encouraging words , it means alot.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by yorhmienerd(m): 10:51am On Dec 25, 2016
Things has been going down here and I'm far behind. shocked

Cool plots, Creeza nice job just some few spelling errors, like 'bole', it's 'boli' not 'bole'.

Why not use paragraphs instead of '......', it's cool considering the fact that you use phone to type. But who am I to correct you, just a reader somewhere that can't even boast of a complete story.

Fire on, I dey here. Jagugu88li wetin we dey take celebrate xmas, all my fams don go camp only me at home eating bisicuits in replace of rice. LOL, It is well.
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 11:04am On Dec 25, 2016
yorhmienerd:
Things has been going down here and I'm far behind. shocked

Cool plots, Creeza nice job just some few spelling errors, like 'bole', it's 'boli' not 'bole'.

Why not use paragraphs instead of '......', it's cool considering the fact that you use phone to type. But who am I to correct you, just a reader somewhere that can't even boast of a complete story.

Fire on, I dey here. Jagugu88li wetin we dey take celebrate xmas, all my fams don go camp only me at home eating bisicuits in replace of rice. LOL, It is well.
Chai! See mt life ooo. As I type, I'm standing next to thousands of wines......no.....dont think that......I'm at dispatch soon to load them. People need booze to celebrate this summer vacation, its booze I will give them. I've even taken up extra work just to avoid boredom this season.

At least you have biscuits, me.....leftover food from yesternight.

Enjoy dear.....fill up that stomach with biscuits and eat mt share too grin
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by yorhmienerd(m): 11:08am On Dec 25, 2016
jagugu88li:
Chai! See mt life ooo. As I type, I'm standing next to thousands of wines......no.....dont think that......I'm at dispatch soon to load them. People need booze to celebrate this summer vacation, its booze I will give them. I've even taken up extra work just to avoid boredom this season.

At least you have biscuits, me.....leftover food from yesternight.
LMAO!! Where are you from
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 11:14am On Dec 25, 2016
yorhmienerd:
LMAO!! Where are you from
Bravorigoës
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 11:16am On Dec 25, 2016
Creeza:

Cc Kis'schrix
jagug'u88li
tuh'ndhay
dto'bs
sprinx'tixy
winters'22
veek'id
quee'nitee

The same to you bruh smiley

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:23am On Dec 25, 2016
Am indeed grateful, yorhmienerd, for spotting errors and commenting'

i almost forgot that u hate ''....'', my intentions are clear and as u said ''boli'' i'll correct asap, but the aspect this story going down as a novel is what i'm trying to avoid.

And I mean dumping huge junks of backstory in sentences, no sir, its a novellete and novellettes dnt exceed 17000 words, thats the reason why I drive instantly to the point and dont beat aimlessly around the bush.

Jagugu88li, how is that reply even related to his observation? grin
How is your holiday pushing through, my sizzled chick' meat is waiting for sweat tongue, Join me.
smiley
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:25am On Dec 25, 2016
Am indeed grateful, yorhmienerd, for spotting errors and commenting'

i almost forgot that u hate ''....'', my intentions are clear and as u said ''boli'' i'll correct asap, but the aspect of this story going down as a novel is what I want to avoid.

Its purely my developed plot, I dont plaglarise and am on a path to mastering the art of prose, I was never an art student so my interest in it drives me on.

Jagugu88li, how is that reply even related to his observation? grin
How is your holiday pushing through? my sizzled chick' meat is waiting for sweat tongues, Join me.
smiley
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by yorhmienerd(m): 11:32am On Dec 25, 2016
jagugu88li:
Bravorigoës
Where in the world is that
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lleigh(f): 11:42am On Dec 25, 2016
Jagugu88li don't drink the wine.

grin
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
Lleigh:
Jagugu88li don't drink the wine. grin
....and risk being fired? Never.

yorhmienerd:
Where in the world is that
I'll let yoi know, one of these days. Wait for it kiss

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lleigh(f): 3:29pm On Dec 25, 2016
Creeza so what happened...between the offer of 1 mill and her waking up.

All caught up. ..fire on grin

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 7:08pm On Dec 25, 2016
Lleigh:
Creeza so what happened...between the offer of 1 mill and her waking up.

All caught up. ..fire on grin
Are you for real ? grin she obviously won't accept nah....

She did not do biko grin
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by dimssy(m): 9:54pm On Dec 26, 2016
Nice one OP....
Sure Xmas was great for all of us....

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 11:19am On Dec 27, 2016
Merry xmas creeza

So what happen next to the trio?

Plenty popcorn dey here man!

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 11:24am On Dec 27, 2016
Adesina12:
Merry xmas creeza

So what happen next to the trio?

Plenty popcorn dey here man!
Its dropping this afternoon.. Just a little patience wink
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by dimssy(m): 11:55am On Dec 27, 2016
Creeza:

Its dropping this afternoon.. Just a little patience wink
this afternoon is taking forever Creeza

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 12:53pm On Dec 27, 2016
Efua

I adjusted my karky shirt and stood lifelessly in the airconditioned office.
Mr Ake, was a very busy man, it showed everywhere in his office and i need'nt anyone telling me.

'' so-Miss Efua,'' He began '' I've heard your story and I must say its very touching.''

'' Im glad to know that sir, ''

'' why? He asked '' You see, you arrived very late and as a matter of fact, your comrades are already stationed''

I put down my head, adjusted my cap '' I'm sorry sir''

'' Its not a problem. The problem now is where you will stay and do your job perfectly''

I thought about his statement, and couldnt understand.

''Sorry sir '' I moved a little forward. '' I dont- i dont understand''

He tossed his pen on the desk and looked straight into my eyes , obviously wanted to sink his conviction into my subconcious mind.

'' Miss . Barry... I mean the female accomodation is filled up '' He move his arms in cognition with the words.

''Sir , anything is ok with me, even if I have to squat with another female''

'' No...no... We dont encourage such here. In this ministry, we provide our corp members and staff absolute comfort. We want the best output''

So what will I do now? I thought to myself.

Mr Ake, then said that I would have to stay in the only available self con, but it was in the male hostel. And if I was fine with the idea, it wouldnt be a problem.

'' I think I'll manage'' I was not sure what to say.

'' miss, You see this is why we encourage mixed education in the country, to enable compatibility with people of different characters, Are you ok with it?

'' Im fine sir- I have no option than to accept''

He shook his head.
Finished his work on his laptop and got up immediately.

''well then, lets get moving . I'll show you the self con.''

We arrived the location and he opened the door. It had a central parlour and sofa chairs, a television set, the set was strapped to the wall, the curtains glowed and the centre table was pure glass.

'' this is where you'll share with the other occupants, this parlour, but the room by the left'' He pointed down the corridor'' the last door, thats your room''

I nodded.

'' Good...very good '' He was happy . He moved his hands again as he spoke.

'' Now here is what you should know, the both are from your ethnic group''

I was happy to hear it. He went ahead and told me their names and even said one was a prince, atleast what he was told.

'' People can say any rubbish. I am a realist and it doesnt bother me. Be mindful of them, and always lock your room from inside''

I nodded. Already amazed with his grammer and flow.

He made for the door '' And yes, lock this door from inside. They have their own keys. I hope you will be fine''

I swallowed down my saliva and muttered '' The lord is my strenght''

He nodded and left, I looked round the parlour and went inside my room to drop my bags..

Iziegbe.

After my phone call with Mama, she said things that shook me internally, she saw a vision about my spiritual life, complained of its dimnishing attitude and said other scary things.

I left the campus and went into the town. I had a party to attend, and Dani invited me, so i couldnt decline. It was an in house party, just as usual.

When the speakers started blasting sounds , the time was already evening and I couldnt stay out long if I wanted to go back to the hostel.

I waited in a corner for Dani's arrival. Some boys made out with their chiks as they enjoyed the moment.

The floodlight was red and it rolled ,making everyone redish in complexion.
I sipped my drink and looked at my watch.

'' Wanna dance? A guy asked in the loud music background.

I swirled round and saw him.

'' No.. I'm waiting for someone''

'' Come on, we are all waiting for someone, lets enjoy before they get here''

I dropped the glass cup and went outside. I was already furious, Dani had left me in hanging again. I brought out phone.

'' Well done , you hear! You have tried o. Next time dont dare invite me to a party you wont attend'

He was apologizing that he had night preps, all sorts and rubbish talk that didnt go down well with me.

'' I'll make it up to you. Izzy , I'm sorry ok''

I hissed and walked out the gate, put my phone back into the purse, I felt like I was followed.
I looked back and saw no one, I became afraid.

Someone touched me '' The party just started and you are leaving?

'' you again? Let go off my arm''

He was drunk and tried to behave funny. I wanted to scream then he brought out a knife and pointed it towards me.

'' please dont hurt me'' I begged .

' Then you'll do exactly as I say'' He came forward.

I already said my last prayers. I pitied my poor mother, and blamed myself for choosing a loose life, I waited for a miracle. None came.

I trembled at the mercy of the guy who might probably be the last person I see before i breathe my last.

TBC

I typed this with my small mobile...

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Lankyannie(f): 12:55pm On Dec 27, 2016
Creez eeh,2day is 27th ooo nd u promisd 2finish dz story b4 31st.biko,coman update nah.hw ws ur xmas rice nd chicken?

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Adesina12: 1:03pm On Dec 27, 2016
Weldone creeza

Popcorn for you

1 Like

Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 1:09pm On Dec 27, 2016
Lankyannie:
Creez eeh,2day is 27th ooo nd u promisd 2finish dz story b4 31st.biko,coman update nah.hw ws ur xmas rice nd chicken?
nepa o! I cant type all with my small phone.. Nepa no allow person o.
This harmattan has reprogram their brain
Re: Slaves In The Soul : A Novelette by Creeza(m): 1:11pm On Dec 27, 2016
Adesina12:
Weldone creeza

Popcorn for you
thanks sir, Hope u stick to the crew, And the popcorn tastes nice. Mmmm !

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Three Paths / Nairalanders, How Many Of You Remember These Timeless African Classics? / Black Maria 5 - Retribution (The Final Book)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.