Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,381 members, 7,954,545 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 09:47 PM

Crisis Brews In Ondo As Deji of Akure Plans To Install Rival Eze Ndigbo - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Crisis Brews In Ondo As Deji of Akure Plans To Install Rival Eze Ndigbo (892 Views)

Henry Chibueze Onwughalu Is Dead (Eze Ndigbo In China Dies) / Forget The Eze Ndigbo Title —Deji Of Akure / Eze Ndigbo Title Remains Banned – Deji Of Akure (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Crisis Brews In Ondo As Deji of Akure Plans To Install Rival Eze Ndigbo by BornStunner1: 7:30am On Dec 23, 2016
Akure—A seeming crisis is brewing among the Igbo community in Akure, the Ondo State capital over the plan to install a rival Eze Ndigbo by the Deji of Akure, Oba Aladetoyinbo Aladelusi.
Consequently, some concerned Igbo leaders in the state have raised alarm that if care was not taken the unpopular decision would pitch the community against their host community and the traditional ruler.

A statement signed by their spokesmen Messrs James Chukwujekwu and Samuel Maduka on behalf Concerned Igbo Indigenes in Akure said that the plan may disrupt the existing peace in the state capital.
Chuckwujekwu and Maduka said Sir Gregory Iloehika has been elected as Eze Ndigbo by the entire Igbo communities in the state since August 2011 and any attempt to appoint another leader for the community may lead to crisis.

The spokesmen said: “We wish to reiterate that the presence of the Igbos which led to the emergence of Igbo association call Ndigbo has existed for long in Ondo State over nine decades. “It has been the practice of the Igbo community to democratically elect who is to lead them at any point in time.

“Iloehika the incumbent Eze Ndigbo of Ondo State was elected by all the Igbo after he won a validly contested poll on the 10th of August, 2011 and based on the practice and procedure of the Igbos within the state he was installed by Ndigbos in the state. “We are not unaware that some anti-democratic elements and their allies mapped out series of antics to forestall the long lasting peace for which the Igbo are known within and outside the state.

“However, there are speculations that some faceless characters are presenting one of them to the Deji of Akure land to be installed as Asiwaju of Igbo or Onyendu as against the interest of the entire Igbo within Ondo State.

“We are advising the Deji-in-Council and the relevant authorities to be wary of these characters whose intention is to truncate the existing peace enjoyed by both the Igbos and host communities in the state.”

“We are using the opportunity to call the attention of the relevant security agencies and Deji-in-Council to stop any attempt that can lead to breach of existing peace in the state and Akure in particular.”

Read more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2016/12/crisis-brews-ondo-plan-install-rival-eze-ndigbo/

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Ondo As Deji of Akure Plans To Install Rival Eze Ndigbo by BornStunner1: 7:30am On Dec 23, 2016

I SMELL ANOTHER GO AND DIE INSIDE LAGOOON STATEMENT BREWING AGAIN!!!

grin grin
Re: Crisis Brews In Ondo As Deji of Akure Plans To Install Rival Eze Ndigbo by Nobody: 7:38am On Dec 23, 2016
Ok
Re: Crisis Brews In Ondo As Deji of Akure Plans To Install Rival Eze Ndigbo by Atiku2019: 7:40am On Dec 23, 2016
Watching
Re: Crisis Brews In Ondo As Deji of Akure Plans To Install Rival Eze Ndigbo by BornStunner1: 7:43am On Dec 23, 2016
Atiku2019:
Watching

Me too on Samsung Lcd Plasma cool

Make we share this pillow jaare

Guy u get popcorn??

grin grin

Re: Crisis Brews In Ondo As Deji of Akure Plans To Install Rival Eze Ndigbo by Atiku2019: 7:44am On Dec 23, 2016
BornStunner1:

Me too on Samsung Lcd Plasma cool

Make we share this pillow jaare
Guy u get popcorn??

grin grin

grin grin grin Na Kilishi I get here oh

1 Like

Re: Crisis Brews In Ondo As Deji of Akure Plans To Install Rival Eze Ndigbo by BornStunner1: 7:49am On Dec 23, 2016
Atiku2019:

grin grin grin Na Kilishi I get here oh

Chaiii bring and come make i go find chilled Gulder buy

grin

Re: Crisis Brews In Ondo As Deji of Akure Plans To Install Rival Eze Ndigbo by Kondomatic(m): 7:54am On Dec 23, 2016
Hian
Re: Crisis Brews In Ondo As Deji of Akure Plans To Install Rival Eze Ndigbo by Mujaheeeden: 7:59am On Dec 23, 2016
I see modath peeping because it involves igbo matter.

Na God go help you
Re: Crisis Brews In Ondo As Deji of Akure Plans To Install Rival Eze Ndigbo by Realdeals(m): 8:07am On Dec 23, 2016
Who is going to cause the crisis?

These anti-Deji Ndigbo's should be careful.
Re: Crisis Brews In Ondo As Deji of Akure Plans To Install Rival Eze Ndigbo by FisifunKododada: 9:16pm On Dec 24, 2016
shocked

(1) (Reply)

. / Fake Life "A Waste Of Time" / Tribalism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.