Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,215 members, 7,818,729 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

What Documents Must I Secure For My Land? - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / What Documents Must I Secure For My Land? (1070 Views)

"My Sister Sold My Land In Ogun" - Deported Man Who Came Back From Abroad / Etisalat NG Is Proposing To Build Mast On My Land / What Can I Build On My Land 35ft By 145ft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Documents Must I Secure For My Land? by weedtheweeds: 4:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
Can you help, please?
I recently purchased a land at Ugwuaji Enugu state, what documents must i secure? I was told to get an OC document which should be signed by the governor. How true or necessary is that? Please help out

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Documents Must I Secure For My Land? by MrMcJay(m): 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
weedtheweeds:
Can you help, please?
I recently purchased a land at Ugwuaji Enugu state, what documents must i secure? I was told to get an OC document which should be signed by the governor. How true or necessary is that? Please help out

Do u have a Deed of Assignment?

When u bought d land, what document were you given?
Re: What Documents Must I Secure For My Land? by weedtheweeds: 8:06am On Dec 24, 2016
MrMcJay:

Do u have a Deed of Assignment?

When u bought d land, what document were you given?
Certificate of Occupancy ( C of O) and receipt
Re: What Documents Must I Secure For My Land? by MrMcJay(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2016
weedtheweeds:
Certificate of Occupancy ( C of O) and receipt

You need to get a Deed of Assignment executed by you and the seller. This Deed of Assignment has a column to be signed by the Governor.

1 Like

Re: What Documents Must I Secure For My Land? by weedtheweeds: 9:21am On Dec 24, 2016
MrMcJay:

You need to get a Deed of Assignment executed by you and the seller. This Deed of Assignment has a column to be signed by the Governor.
Thank you very much, my brother. I really appreciate your kindness. likely how much would that cost?
Re: What Documents Must I Secure For My Land? by MrMcJay(m): 11:39am On Dec 24, 2016
weedtheweeds:
Thank you very much, my brother. I really appreciate your kindness. likely how much would that cost?

It depends on the lawyer preparing it for you. Send me an SMS on 0908444776 and I'll reach u.
Re: What Documents Must I Secure For My Land? by weedtheweeds: 1:12pm On Dec 27, 2016
MrMcJay:

It depends on the lawyer preparing it for you. Send me an SMS on 0908444776 and I'll reach u.
Bro, I have tried calling and sending an SMS, but to no avail. Did you get any message from me?
Re: What Documents Must I Secure For My Land? by MrMcJay(m): 2:01pm On Dec 27, 2016
weedtheweeds:
Bro, I have tried calling and sending an SMS, but to no avail. Did you get any message from me?

None sir. In the alternative, you can reach me on 08063790773
Re: What Documents Must I Secure For My Land? by phoenix480(m): 3:03pm On Dec 27, 2016
weedtheweeds:
Can you help, please?

There are two kinds of possession, one might be more important depending on the area and financial power.

Legal Possession
Receipt - Deed of Assignment - C of O/Governor Consent

Physical Foundation
Corner pieces - Dwarf fence - Foundation - Proper Fence - Full Construction

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Become a Landlord instantly and fly to Dubai.Buy 5 Plots Get 1 Free.T&C Apply / Newly Built 3bedrm Flat At Adyola Avenue Estate Ogba 850k Up And Down All Round / FURNITURE PROMO/DISCOUNT

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.