Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,995 members, 7,825,072 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:32 AM

Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) - Food (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) (50105 Views)

The Fish Caught In Oguta Lake I Bought N10,000 (Photos) / "My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) / Lagos Residents Buying Lake Rice Queue Up. PICS (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by wristbangle: 10:22pm On Dec 23, 2016
chyzoo4u:
Looks like plastic rice undecided
princeofpeace22:
Nonsense rice I ate it and it sucks angry

It shall not be well with the witches behind you people's case.

6 Likes

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by Nobody: 10:25pm On Dec 23, 2016
AjayiWrites2:

Have you ate ofada rice before? Compare the taste with these Thai rice...

Thats the taste am talking about... Just natural

Nope I have not eaten ofada rice before don't know if I have, I don't even know the names of rice. My girl or my mum just prepare and I eat. Lol
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by Naijazure: 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
Laye, plastic rice niyè

LordHiffy:

It looks really nice.
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by mapet: 10:26pm On Dec 23, 2016
LordHiffy:
Its local or imported?

What a question shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by keenness: 10:40pm On Dec 23, 2016
VickyRotex:
I see Nigeria exporting this rice next year.

Quote me when it happens!

#Made_In_Naija kiss kiss
It will soon happen, first, to other African countries.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by LoveDecay(m): 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
edogu:
Nice one Op. Here is an Abakaliki made rice

Yeah Yeah dey smell. Does the governor own the rice.. I cant eat this rice, look like wetin them carry do initiation

4 Likes

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by mapet: 10:44pm On Dec 23, 2016
keenness:

VickyRotex: :

#Made_In_Naija kiss kiss
It will soon happen, first, to other African countries.

I'll rather we slow down and attain food-self-sufficiency first before we venture to export. Many of the Thailand rice we eat are as old as 7-8yrs in storage. The APC govt had mentioned as part of their campaign the quest to build huge silos in the 3 geo-graphically zones of the country for the purposes of heavy storage

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by Nobody: 10:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
AjayiWrites2:

When will you grow up bro? 2016 has less than 12 days ooo
wicked comment!

4 Likes

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by Nobody: 11:00pm On Dec 23, 2016
princeofpeace22:
Nonsense rice I ate it and it sucks angry
i can tell y'all right here for free that this nigga did not eat any lake rice..

But bros why you too dey lie like this? angry

2 Likes

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by edogu(m): 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
lordmayor4:

Rubbish package

When was the last time you went for a check up?
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by Muftiwale(m): 11:02pm On Dec 23, 2016
I don buy my own o grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by edogu(m): 11:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
LoveDecay:

Yeah Yeah dey smell. Does the governor own the rice.. I cant eat this rice, look like wetin them carry do initiation
You mean the rice resemble what your family people use for initiation? grin grin
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by squad03: 11:05pm On Dec 23, 2016
Sanchez01:
Short grains undecided

Abakaliki rice is good but it foams a lot while boiling.

I guess you were trying to say'the starch content is quite high'.The impression the boldened gives is that the rice is convulsing....or so I naughtily inferred grin

1 Like

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by intruder15(m): 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2016
mengho:
No offense, dis lady needs some pointers in rice cooking. she just let d thing soak too much water, she should've gone d whole way & make Tuwon shinkafa
how are u sure it's the lady's fault or d rice fault.
moreover, there are rice that no matter how careful u cook it, e go still soak water.
my 2 cents
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by olan4ward: 11:19pm On Dec 23, 2016
LordHiffy:
Its local or imported?
High on weed.
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by olan4ward: 11:25pm On Dec 23, 2016
justscorchone:
Which of the lakes?
Lake Chad.are u sure you are alright?

1 Like

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by Drguzzykola(m): 11:40pm On Dec 23, 2016
FLYFIRE:
Has Nigeria come this low? Reviewing rice? It will NEVER be well with everything APC & ALL that brought it upon Nigeria
tempted to ignore u but my conscience wont allow me

so now ure trying to say innitiating made in nigeria rice was a bad idea ? maybe i dont get ur point

2 Likes

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by GlorifiedSon: 11:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
Merry Christmas Nairalanders..just in case you haven't got your meat contact me for live goat (around Ajah)
Check my profile for more details.
Thanks for the patronage so far.
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by netmillionaires(m): 11:55pm On Dec 23, 2016
You just talk am the way I see am o. Lake rice packaging is dope! Why do Nigerian politicians like printing their image on a product produce by the state. it is nonsense. just put the rice name with a good design. Silly self promotion!
tianshie:

Disgusting. Why does he have to put his family's picture on the bag of rice. Needless self-promotion. Ugly narcissism.

4 Likes

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by yetty247(f): 12:12am On Dec 24, 2016
orishirishi rice... I dey fear to eat Xmas rice gan
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by Dotman2210(m): 1:00am On Dec 24, 2016
Bought mine today but never open m
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by Masquerade7: 1:15am On Dec 24, 2016
wabbyland:
I bought the rice today after a long and hectic 5hrs on the queue at subeb premises, Maryland. I'll cook it tomorrow morning and give a candid feedback.
Counting on your candid feedback pls. You seem reasonable.
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by VickyRotex(f): 1:37am On Dec 24, 2016
mapet:

I'll rather we slow down and attain food-self-sufficiency first before we venture to export. Many of the Thailand rice we eat are as old as 7-8yrs in storage. The APC govt had mentioned as part of their campaign the quest to build huge silos in the 3 geo-graphically zones of the country for the purposes of heavy storage

Yes, I agree with you!

However, if things gets far better in 2017, than it is right now, I see no reason why we shouldn't export some of our products. It sure would be a test-run for a while.
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by metallisc(m): 1:49am On Dec 24, 2016
VickyRotex:

#Made_In_Naija kiss kiss

TESTIMONIALS OF JONATHAN’S AGRICULTURE TRANSFORMATION
written by Our Reporter March 25, 2014
By Johnson Momodu

What is evident across the country is that an agriculture revolution is taking place. Since the inception of President Goodluck Jonathan’s administration, agriculture has seen a new day. The success being recorded in the sector has been eliciting commendable comments.

Governor Saidu Dakingari of Kebbi State is of the opinion that the dry season support for rice farmers is the best thing to have happened in the sector in the past 40 years. He said jobs would be created because of that singular move. Dakingari also said that in a matter of months Nigeria would be among the major exporters of rice, and that would mean more foreign earnings for the country.

Read him: “The growth enhancement support scheme of the Federal Government in partnership with the state and in particular the dry season support for the rice farmers has transformed rice production. For 400-500 km, all you will see is paddy of rice in production. Such is the power of the massive change we are witnessing.”

In the same vein, Dan Rabi, a local entrepreneur who provides mobile threshing services for rice farmers, said agriculture under the administration of President Jonathan has been greatly transformed. He declared: “We have never seen anything like this in 40 years of rice farming. I make N15, 000 per day threshing rice for farmers. We work through the night and I employ 22 people just to thresh rice.”

In Kogi State, over 7,000 hectares have been cultivated in the dry season, the first ever in the history of the state. Governor Idris Wada said that employment has been created in the state via the transformation in agriculture by the Jonathan administration. Wada said, “We are in rice because of the agricultural transformation agenda of the Federal Government. We are overwhelmed. Every day we hear women crying, ‘We want land; we want land.’ We hear young people crying for land. So we had to hire more earth moving equipment to clear more land to allocate for them for rice production.”

The success story of rice production has given room for the upsurge of integrated rice mills. 14 private sector rice mills have sprung up with a total capacity of 240,000 MT. Moreover, the reform that government initiated brought about an increase in the tariff on imported rice, thereby boosting the economic strength of local rice producers in the country. The capital flight witnessed because of the importation of rice into the country has reduced considerably. Today it is on record that several integrated local rice mills have their milled rice on the market and consumer demand and preference for local rice has risen due to better quality, taste and price when compared with imported rice.

Meanwhile, the international grade local rice that has hit the market include Ashi rice, Mikap rice, Umza rice, Ebony rice and several others. A major foreign investor, Dominion Rice, has also come into the country and is investing $40 million in a 30,000-hectare commercial rice farm with international grade rice mill in Taraba. The Dominion rice farm which is linked to out-growers of young commercial farmers is expected to replace about 15 per cent of the total milled rice imported into the country.

It is not only in the production of rice that the transformation agenda of the current administration has paid off. A peep into what the transformation has done to cassava production in the country is worth commenting on. It is on record that Nigeria is the largest producer of cassava in the world with a total production of 40 million metric tons.

To raise production further to meet competing needs for cassava, 24 million stems of improved cassava varieties were distributed to farmers which were cultivated on 8,000 hectares of land. Through 2013 and 2014 combined, the federal government, according to reports, will be distributing an additional 65 million stems to farmers to boost cultivation as 21,000 hectares of cassava would have been cultivated.

Additionally, through encouraged research and collaboration, 40 per cent substitution of cassava flour for wheat flour in bread was achieved in partnership with the International Institute of Tropical Agriculture and the Federal Institute for Industrial Research, Oshodi, Lagos.

Clearly, these commendable strides in the agricultural sector by the Jonathan administration have the potential to considerably reduce the number of unemployed youths in the country. Gone are the days when agriculture was not attractive to young people. Now young people are going into agriculture because of the enabling environment created by the current administration.

For instance, before now procurement of fertilizers used to be left in the hands of politicians who used it to curry favour from their political adherents. Such ugly situation changed with the coming of Jonathan’s administration; now, any farmer can walk into the fertilizer distribution centres scattered all over the nation and obtain the product without any hassle or having to pledge loyalty to any politician.

It stands to reason that Nigerians will gain a lot more if the commendable strides in agriculture are sustained by supporting Jonathan for a second term in office to enable him to finish the good work he has started.
Momodu sent this piece from Benin City.

.....................................................................................................................................................................................................

14 JULY 2014
The Guardian (Lagos)
Nigeria: 'Nigeria to Begin Exporting Rice in Five Years'

By Joke Falaju
Abuja — PRESIDENT Goodluck Jonathan Monday assured that Nigeria would begin to export rice in the next five years.

Jonathan, who disclosed that Nigeria's food import bill has dropped from N1.1trn in 2009 to N685 billion in 2013, maintained that with increased public and private sector investment in rice production, the country has no business importing rice.

..........................................................................................................................................................................................

The question you should ask is... Who messed up or what happened to all the above progress between 2015 and now?

1 Like

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by fuckingAyaya(m): 1:52am On Dec 24, 2016
chyzoo4u:
Looks like plastic rice undecided
B4 2016 end abeg try get small sense abeg

1 Like

Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by metallisc(m): 1:58am On Dec 24, 2016
mapet:

Food Security: Nigeria’s New Silos To Aid Maize Storage
Channels Television.
Updated August 26, 2014

Nigerian farmers would have the opportunity of storing maize in the newly commissioned silos in Sheda, Kwali Local Government Area of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), government officials have said..

Officials of the Federal Ministry of Agriculture told Channels Television on Tuesday that 100,000 metric tons silos would be used as storage for maize during this year’s harvest.

Other silos across Nigeria would be used to store sorghum, paddy rice, soya beans and millet. But the government is looking to expand by putting in place more silos to accommodate other perishable crops.

Every year, farmers especially in the north turn out huge tonnes of farm produce which is usually more than enough for sale at the markets. The supply often times supersedes demand, resulting in wastage due to lack of storage facilities.

Silos in Nigeria.
The silos are raising hopes of food security in Nigeria, as government tries to diversify the nation’s economy.
To limit the amount of farm produce wastage that farmers record on a yearly basis, the Federal Government introduced the silos across the country to minimise post harvest losses through effective and efficient storage.

Officials at the silos’ site explained that there were about a dozen contractors expected to deliver 500 metric tons of maize during the grain receiving exercise currently going on.

The grains are first scanned on entry before they are sorted out for proper preservation and it can be stored for up to two years.

The 100,000 metric tonne in Sheda area of the FCT is one out of seven across the federation considered the largest in West Africa.

.............................................................................................................................................................

Food Security Receives A Boost, As FG Launches Silo Complex
Olukayode Oyeleye
— Sep 4, 2014 1:33 am

Food security is recognised as central to any nation’s security. The uncertainties that perennially beset any food-insecure nation derive, in part, from inadequacies associated with activities off-field, affecting food storage. On the flip side, developed countries devote quality policy support to food storage which, in turn, guarantees their all-year-round supply of food. Instances abound where and when the surplus supplies of food are either exported or given out as humanitarian and charity support for food-insecure countries.

Many cases of food insecurity are therefore due largely to storage inadequacies, in quality or quantity, leading to a substantial post-harvest wastage. Apart from discouraging many producers (who are mostly small-scale), significant business opportunities and revenues are lost. Under the Agricultural Transformation Agenda, however, the heightened emphasis on food storage lends further credence to the value chain intervention approach, in this case involving infrastructural support for storage.

Storage Capacity
Before the Goodluck Jonathan administration, 13 silo complexes, with a total storage capacity of 311,000 metric tons (MT), were existing and operational. Existing silos in more than 10 locations, spread across the country, were underutilised. Tremendous work has been done to ensure that additional 20 silo complexes are completed by the present administration, to bring the total to 33, with a total storage capacity of 1.336 million MT.

The commissioning of the completed 100,000 MT capacity silo complex in Sheda, Abuja, on August 25, 2014, by Vice President Namadi Sambo, was a testimony to the seriousness the government of President Jonathan attaches to the operations of the silos for people’s benefit. The vice president represented the president on that occasion. The federal government has indicated that there are plans to complete the 11 that are currently at different stages of construction to boost storage capacity and ensure that Nigeria’s strategic reserves are more than adequate in coming years.

The increase in number and sizes of silos in Nigeria is a demonstration of the federal government’s efforts toward revolutionising agriculture, building national resilience and responding to emerging food challenges. Since strategic food reserve is a first line of defence in case of food crises, Nigeria looks set to store enough food to cope with emergencies through the operation of our silos. The silo complexes have been a part of the storage infrastructure of the Strategic Grains Reserve (SGR) department in the Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development (FMARD).
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by lordmayor4(m): 3:22am On Dec 24, 2016
edogu:

When was the last time you went for a check up?

Tell me the last time you ran a business. And if you haven't! Never quote me.
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by supereagle(m): 4:15am On Dec 24, 2016
Which one Okorocha go give his people? My Governor my Governor.
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by GLOBALINF: 5:48am On Dec 24, 2016
Hawlahscho:
How does it taste
Taste like rice grin
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by yusluvad(m): 6:06am On Dec 24, 2016
LAKE RICE SURE PASS. . . TO MAKE MORE MONEY ONLINE CHECK MY SIGNATURE. . .
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by kennydotkom(m): 6:29am On Dec 24, 2016
I have 3 bags of this rice in my house. So i dont need rice till next year december. I want to dash out one. Bag in d spriti of giving during xmas so contact me
Re: Unpacking, Cooking & Reviewing LAKE Rice (photos) by Saidu22(m): 6:50am On Dec 24, 2016
AjayiWrites2:

When will you grow up bro? 2016 has less than 12 days ooo
Lol.. this one na final finishing OOOO

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Fishermen Catch Dolphin In Bayelsa Community (Photos) / My Trap Caught This Bush Rat Yesterday / How A Snake Was Killed And Eaten

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.