Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,941 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land (1279 Views)

Wild Boars Roam Israeli City Under Coronavirus Lockdown (pix) / America To Limit Donald Trump's Iran Military Action With 'War Power Resolution' / Malaysian Military Ready To Go To Jerusalem To Assist The Palestinian Cause (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by dantewest: 8:56pm On Dec 23, 2016
The UN Security Council has passed a resolution demanding an end to the construction of Israeli settlements on occupied Palestinian territories after the US abstained from voting.

The resolution was introduced to the UNSC by New Zealand, Malaysia, Venezuela and Senegal on Friday, a day after Egypt withdrew reportedly under pressure from Israel and US President-elect Donald Trump.

Earlier, Trump and Israeli authorities also called on the US to veto the resolution. The document was eventually adopted with 14 of 15 UNSC members voting in favor. The US was the only nation to abstain from voting.

The Israeli envoy to the UN criticized the US' decision to abstain. However, he expressed his confidence that the new US president would “no doubt” usher in a new era in UN-Israeli ties, as well as the new UN Secretary General.

Credit: http://www.thebusinessdispatch.com/unsc-passes-resolution-demanding-end-israeli-settlement-building-occupied-palestinian-land/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by cstr19: 9:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
That decision will not stand.
Trump is going to veto anything vetoable cheesy cheesy
But Obama no dey try sha. Forget the hussaine in his name , he is an American president for heaven's sake.
America already has a long standing policy with Israel long before Obama was even born.
I bet Isreal can not wait for trump to get sworn in.

2 Likes

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by cstr19: 9:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
Trump already criticising the decision on twitter. cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by gesundheit: 9:06pm On Dec 23, 2016
cstr19:
That decision will not stand.
Trump is going to veto anything vetoable cheesy cheesy
But Obama no dey try sha. Forget the hussaine in his name , he is an American president for heaven's sake.
America already has a long standing policy with Israel long before Obama was even born.
I bet Isreal can not wait for trump to get sworn in.

You are just a sicked up tool, after stealing people land they still encroach on the already draining landscape. And y'all hypocrite scream biafra. I just hope your kind are gassed off mother earth.

6 Likes

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by Nobody: 9:46pm On Dec 23, 2016
Obama has delivered a parting punch to Isreal. Trump should have called Russia instead of Egypt
Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by cstr19: 9:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
gesundheit:

You are just a sicked up tool, after stealing people land they still encroach on the already draining landscape. And y'all hypocrite scream biafra. I just hope your kind are gassed off mother earth.
You are an ignorant tool.
Isreal already proposed a two state solution, something that your Nigeria has no offered a much more deserving people.
You are the sick one here. Asking for a re-enaction of the holocaust for a people who contributed to humanity more than your ancestors and the entire middle-east combined.
Over 70% of modern vaccines were discovered by the jewish people. So yes, the world and indeed humanity, would benefit from the prosperity of the jewish state than your hordes of filthy murderous islamists.
And btw, unlike the peaceful biafrans with a much more solid historical rights to their own sovereignty, palestianians have been working with murderous terrorists like Hezbollah and launching missiles into isreali schools and hospitals.
Bloody nauseating illiterate.

8 Likes

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by cstr19: 9:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
Statsocial:
Obama has delivered a parting punch to Isreal. Trump should have called Russia instead of Egypt
He is pained that the isreal supported Donald trump.

4 Likes

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by moufan: 9:56pm On Dec 23, 2016
nice,this is the best news of the day.That foooooolish trump that told egypt to drop the initial draft will cry tonight.#freepalestine

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by cstr19: 9:57pm On Dec 23, 2016
moufan:
nice,this is the best news of the day.That foooooolish trump that told egypt to drop the initial draft will cry tonight.#freepalestine
Trump will veto it next month. Don't rejoice yet.

3 Likes

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by kodded(m): 10:04pm On Dec 23, 2016
finally Obama has shown his true color, tongue
Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by moufan: 10:11pm On Dec 23, 2016
cstr19:
Trump will veto it next month. Don't rejoice yet.
hahaha,it's a un security council resolution,it is binding on israel,if israel fails to abide by it,sanctions or possibly military intervention would be applied
Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by cstr19: 10:30pm On Dec 23, 2016
moufan:
hahaha,it's a un security council resolution,it is binding on israel,if israel fails to abide by it,sanctions or possibly military intervention would be applied
It is binding until US vetoes it.
Even if trump refuses to veto it which is highly unlikely, Israel may decides not to obey the UN , and the US congress will never allow such sanctions to stand anyway.

2 Likes

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by moufan: 10:50pm On Dec 23, 2016
cstr19:
It is binding until US vetoes it.
Even if trump refuses to veto it which is highly unlikely, Israel may decides not to obey the UN , and the US congress will never allow such sanctions to stand anyway.
don't you understand english the resolution has passed, nobody can veto anything again.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by gesundheit: 10:53pm On Dec 23, 2016
cstr19:
You are an ignorant tool.
Isreal already proposed a two state solution, something that your Nigeria has no offered a much more deserving people.
You are the sick one here. Asking for a re-enaction of the holocaust for a people who contributed to humanity more than your ancestors and the entire middle-east combined.
Over 70% of modern vaccines were discovered by the jewish people. So yes, the world and indeed humanity, would benefit from the prosperity of the jewish state than your hordes of filthy murderous islamists.
And btw, unlike the peaceful biafrans with a much more solid historical rights to their own sovereignty, palestianians have been working with murderous terrorists like Hezbollah and launching missiles into isreali schools and hospitals.
Bloody nauseating illiterate.

You bloody no redeeming grace waste of space, maybe you need to pay more attention to happenings instead of been a shiit stain on the apparel of humanity. Proposed a two state?? You must be a tool, that was started by the UN and the Israeli have violated that by building settlements in Palestine territory and eastern Jerusalem. But never do well like you will come here to spread misinformation and lies.

I have been on the occupied territory with a German lady on a project, and I wish you and everyone in your lineage the suffering the Zionists are imposing on this people in there land. The German lady cried like every time we set out to interview Palestinian prisoners wives, cos they are our subject on the project. We have to destory all our materials and save it on cloud because of the extreme checking of the idf on every foreigner.

You are a dumbskull spit out of the orifice of a village harlot, waste of breathe like you talking about human superiority in the 21st century, dumbhead leave your backwaters for once. Humans are same and equal everywhere the eugenics bullshiiits are all false. And who cares if Israelites made all the vaccines?? How does that stop them from been a rogue and oppressive nation.. first hand experience in the territory giving you report. And shut up about your sick biafra bullshit. Y'all ain't any peaceful, your imprisoned leader was filmed soliciting for funds for an arms struggle. Shove your shitty hypocrisy up your arsse where no sun shines. Plus if Hezbollah are terrorists then the idf are devil themselves.

4 Likes

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by gesundheit: 11:01pm On Dec 23, 2016
moufan:
don't you understand english the resolution has passed, nobody can veto anything again.
n

These guys are illiterate that haven't cross their backwaters, logic and sense is far from them like the distance of the earth and Pluto.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by cstr19: 12:00am On Dec 24, 2016
gesundheit:

You bloody no redeeming grace waste of space, maybe you need to pay more attention to happenings instead of been a shiit stain on the apparel of humanity. Proposed a two state?? You must be a tool, that was started by the UN and the Israeli have violated that by building settlements in Palestine territory and eastern Jerusalem. But never do well like you will come here to spread misinformation and lies.

I have been on the occupied territory with a German lady on a project, and I wish you and everyone in your lineage the suffering the Zionists are imposing on this people in there land. The German lady cried like every time we set out to interview Palestinian prisoners wives, cos they are our subject on the project. We have to destory all our materials and save it on cloud because of the extreme checking of the idf on every foreigner.

You are a dumbskull spit out of the orifice of a village harlot, waste of breathe like you talking about human superiority in the 21st century, dumbhead leave your backwaters for once. Humans are same and equal everywhere the eugenics bullshiiits are all false. And who cares if Israelites made all the vaccines?? How does that stop them from been a rogue and oppressive nation.. first hand experience in the territory giving you report. And shut up about your sick biafra bullshit. Y'all ain't any peaceful, your imprisoned leader was filmed soliciting for funds for an arms struggle. Shove your shitty hypocrisy up your arsse where no sun shines. Plus if Hezbollah are terrorists then the idf are devil themselves.
[b]What an absolute poppycock.
Given how you claim to be in the know about palestianian issues, I was expecting you to give me historically superior argument on why palestianinans deserve that land and the jews don't .
On one hand you completely wrote off as irrelevant, the fact I gave that the jews have been the reason why this world has not withered away through epidemics, and on the other hand, you want us to commiserate with troublesome palestianians who have been nothing more than tools in the hands of terrorists plaguing the middle-east.
You blatantly ignore the fact that Israel is merely responding as any nation would to rampant terrorist attacks by some Palestinians on innocent schools and hospitals. There are no innocents on both sides. Just pockets of vulnerable women and children.
Has Israel been heavy handed? True. And I commiserate with innocent palestinians . Which is why I am an advocate of a two state solution .
Coming here to deceive the gullible and paint Isreal like some sort of blood-thirsty mad men will not fly, especially coming from someone who was recently advocating for a re-enactment of the holocaust.
Well, that will never happen again, because Israel is now a strong nation. Stronger than any of her adversaries.
Now fucck off my mention, you sick fellow.[/b]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by gesundheit: 12:08am On Dec 24, 2016
cstr19:

[b]What an absolute poppycock.
Given how you claim to be in the know about palestianian issues, I was expecting you to give me historically superior argument on why palestianinans deserve that land and the jews don't .
On one hand you completely wrote off as irrelevant, the fact I gave that the jews have been the reason why this world has not withered away through epidemics, and on the other hand, you want us to commiserate with troublesome palestianians who have been nothing more than tools in the hands of terrorists plaguing the middle-east.
You blatantly ignore the fact that Israel is merely responding as any nation would to rampant terrorist attacks by some Palestinians on innocent schools and hospitals. There are no innocents on both sides. Just pockets of vulnerable women and children.
Has Israel been heavy handed? True. And I commiserate with innocent palestinians . Which is why I am an advocate of a two state solution .
Coming here to deceive the gullible and paint Isreal like some sort of blood-thirsty mad men will not fly, especially coming from someone who was recently advocating for a re-enactment of he holocaust.
Well, that will never happen again, because Israel is now a strong nation. Stronger than any of her adversaries.
Now fucck off my mention.[/b]

You are a brain dead android and a world acclaimed simpleton, so Israelis are the only one manufacturing vaccines in the whole of the world??. Who occupy that land pre second world war gifting of the land to Europeans and everyone with a Jewish background by the British?? Why did they reject a initial offer of land in present day Uganda.

First you are a bias simpleton that haven't even been on ground to understand the enormous atrocities of the Zionist and you are here spewing brainless logic only compared to soakawas logic. Go on ground first before you can argue with me.

You can as well Bleep off my mention and do the world a favor by overdosing on cyanide.

1 Like

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by cstr19: 12:14am On Dec 24, 2016
gesundheit:

You are a brain dead android and a world acclaimed simpleton, so[b] Israelis are the only one manufacturing vaccines in the whole of the world[/b]??. Who occupy that land pre second world war gifting of the land to Europeans and everyone with a Jewish background by the British?? Why did they reject a initial offer of land in present day Uganda.

First you are a bias simpleton that haven't even been on ground to understand the enormous atrocities of the Zionist and you are here spewing brainless logic only compared to soakawas logic. Go on ground first before you can argue with me.

You can as well Bleep off my mention and do the world a favor by overdosing on cyanide.
You are a sub-humanoid with a subzero IQ.
So the only statement you could erroneously acquire from my post was the highlighted?
Where did I say Israel was the only producer of vaccines in the world?
What have you Palestinians contributed to peace and progress in the middle-east and the world aside from being tools for terrorism?
Fucck off you moronic dingbat.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by gesundheit: 1:30am On Dec 24, 2016
cstr19:
You are a sub-humanoid with a subzero IQ.
So the only statement you could erroneously acquire from my post was the highlighted?
Where did I say Israel was the only producer of vaccines in the world?
What have you Palestinians contributed to peace and progress in the middle-east and the world aside from being tools for terrorism?
Fucck off you moronic dingbat.

You are an idiiot with IQ at the negative of the integer slowpoke. If your brain is not a mere artifact, you should know peeps who invented algebra and the first people to perform a surgery. But you are far off with your worthlessness and Kilimanjaro sized stupidity. Well if the Zionists you lick their salty balls religious haven't turn those peeps into slave in their land they would have been producing and developing too. But scallywags like you that haven't cross the Nigerian border will start mouthing off on things they haven't witness in real time. Since trisomy is a common trait in your family tree, I don't expect anything better than your m0ronic mindset. In saner climes never do well like you, would have been sacrificed on the altar of common sense.
Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by walemoney007(m): 11:20am On Dec 24, 2016
gesundheit:

You are an idiiot with IQ at the negative of the integer slowpoke. If your brain is not a mere artifact, you should know peeps who invented algebra and the first people to perform a surgery. But you are far off with your worthlessness and Kilimanjaro sized stupidity. Well if the Zionists you lick their salty balls religious haven't turn those peeps into slave in their land they would have been producing and developing too. But scallywags like you that haven't cross the Nigerian border will start mouthing off on things they haven't witness in real time. Since trisomy is a common trait in your family tree, I don't expect anything better than your m0ronic mindset. In saner climes never do well like you, would have been sacrificed on the altar of common sense.
thanks for dealing with the guy...let the isrealis leave peoples land alone,am a christian but i hate injustice
hope the US cant veto this resolution again?
Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by gesundheit: 12:06pm On Dec 24, 2016
walemoney007:
thanks for dealing with the guy...let the isrealis leave peoples land alone,am a christian but i hate injustice
hope the US cant veto this resolution again?

The resolution can not be reversed that's why trump and the Israel tried to lobby Egypt. Nigerians are just so ignorant, if you have ever been to the occupied territory. The Jewish are not only oppressing the Muslims but with a sizable number of Christians. They even ban Christmas and Christmas celebration when I was there.

1 Like

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by panafrican(m): 2:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
Israel Primer Minister said he rejects the resolution, he will continue the illegal occupation. Now is the UN going to send a military force out there to enforce that resolution ? The answer is no. Had this been an African country, you would have seen a military build up in less than a week with France, the UK , the US
and some African countries providing troops , money or weapons for the operation.

1 Like

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by Onopa(m): 3:38pm On Dec 24, 2016
The resolution will not stand

Trump will defund the UN and kick them out of new York

I have always known Obama to be a terrorist

Thank God trump crush them last month at the poll

2 Likes

Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by panafrican(m): 4:08pm On Dec 24, 2016
Onopa:
The resolution will not stand

Trump will defund the UN and kick them out of new York

Ready to rent an office for personal business purposes at the ( former) UN building once it is vacated. smiley
Re: UNSC Passes Resolution Ending Israeli Settlement On Occupied Palestinian Land by walemoney007(m): 4:20pm On Dec 24, 2016
gesundheit:

The resolution can not be reversed that's why trump and the Israel tried to lobby Egypt. Nigerians are just so ignorant, if you have ever been to the occupied territory. The Jewish are not only oppressing the Muslims but with a sizable number of Christians. They even ban Christmas and Christmas celebration when I was there.
religion don ruin some person

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know The City Of Medina Was Once A Jewish Settlement / Iran's Military Is Armed To The Teeth With Lots Of Missiles / Miss Ukraine Picking Up Arms To Fight- Sky News Shares Fake News

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.