Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,665 members, 7,816,706 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:45 PM

Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation (2410 Views)

Pictures Is This Nissan Car Good For #1,250,000. I Need Someone To Guide Me? / Your Motor Guru Is Here! Ask Your Questions... / I Want To Buy A Peugeot 607 Car: Good Or Bad Decision? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by fetrillion(m): 9:22pm On Dec 23, 2016
I intend to get a Mazda mpv for transportation but d one I cud get is d automatic.. pls is it advisable to get an auto..tot auto consume more fuel to pls house,i need ur advice...
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by Whizpeter(m): 10:08pm On Dec 23, 2016
Actually, the reason why an auto tranny ain't used for transportation is just the delicate nature and maintenance demands of the transmission compared to a manual..

On a manual, you just have to ensure that you're running on the recommended level of gear oil and you're good to go... Most times there's no need to change or top gear oil over a long period of time unless the transmission develops a problem which is rare too...

An automatic transmission can't stand the abuse and hassles that come with commercial transportation, plus an auto transmission can be very unforgiving... It requires that you use recommended ATF all the time, the moment you try to play with it, the transmission would just vex... cheesy

As for the fuel consumption, difference is negligible tho....

2 Likes

Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by Whizpeter(m): 10:16pm On Dec 23, 2016
Meanwhile is it safe to assume that the MPV you saw is 2001-2003? Cos I know that the Mazda MPV 2001-2003 model don't have a manual transmission..

If that's the case, ensure the car have a good service history with low mileage, if not you may be changing your transmission soon enough...

Ensure you service the transmission regularly too..

Or you can avoid the Mazda all together...

2 Likes

Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by nurey(m): 8:41am On Dec 24, 2016
There are some cars that shouldn't be considered for transportation business. I think the Mazda is pushing the limit. What happened to the popular ones used, am guessing price isn't your problem, after all you can get a Sharan, galaxy or the seat variant for way less than the mpv
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by MPVGoddess: 7:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
Whizpeter:
Meanwhile is it safe to assume that the MPV you saw is 2001-2003? Cos I know that the Mazda MPV 2001-2003 model don't have a manual transmission..

If that's the case, ensure the car have a good service history with low mileage, if not you may be changing your transmission soon enough...

Ensure you service the transmission regularly too..

Or you can avoid the Mazda all together...

https://www.nairaland.com/1514591/2000-mazda-mpv-auto study the pictures carefully, there is indeed a manual MPV 2000-2001, but it is an i4 not a v6 as falsely described in the ad
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by MPVGoddess: 7:20pm On Dec 24, 2016
nurey:
There are some cars that shouldn't be considered for transportation business. I think the Mazda is pushing the limit. What happened to the popular ones used, am guessing price isn't your problem, after all you can get a Sharan, galaxy or the seat variant for way less than the mpv

Don't they use it in Ibadan? A lot I hear? As well as Kwara?

Well haven't been there, it is all hearsay!
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by diportivo: 7:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
There's nothing wrong with the Mazda IMO

Compared to the sharan/seat/galaxy,I wld take d Mazda anytime any day.....the american spec is v6,auto and seats seven,but for transportation I wld do the european spec

Manual...seats 6 but there's always a way around it

Oh,its i4 also
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by Whizpeter(m): 7:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
MPVGoddess:

https://www.nairaland.com/1514591/2000-mazda-mpv-auto study the pictures carefully, there is indeed a manual MPV 2000-2001, but it is an i4 not a v6 as falsely described in the ad

Thanks for this... But it's scarce oo, making me feel like this one was probably converted...

All the same, thanks for the heads-up
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by shyling(f): 7:35pm On Dec 24, 2016
nurey:
seconded
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by shyling(f): 7:37pm On Dec 24, 2016
diportivo:
There's nothing wrong with the Mazda IMO

Compared to the sharan/seat/galaxy,I wld take d Mazda anytime any day.....the american spec is v6,auto and seats seven,but for transportation I wld do the european spec

Manual...seats 6 but there's always a way around it

Oh,its i4 also
diportivo since you managed to offload the Mazda horror you no go allow me hear word again?!
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by diportivo: 7:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
shyling:

diportivo since you managed to offload the Mazda horror you no go allow me hear word again?!

I never offloaded any horror bros...Altho I wld be lying if I claim to know what u mean

Asper say I nor dey allow u hear word,no be my fault

I'm somewhat lousy angry
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by diportivo: 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2016
Whizpeter:

Thanks for this... But it's scarce oo, making me feel like this one was probably converted...

Its not scarce at all

How many units u wan buy make we do business
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by shyling(f): 7:49pm On Dec 24, 2016
diportivo:

I never offloaded any horror bros...Altho I wld be lying if I claim to know what u mean

Asper say I nor dey allow u hear word,no be my fault

I'm somewhat lousy angry
am aware
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by diportivo: 7:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
shyling:
am aware

tongue
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by MPVGoddess: 7:56pm On Dec 24, 2016
Whizpeter:

They are imported from other markets - not the US

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=21036&sid=4860efc96da74d58da6656dc6f359e29
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by Whizpeter(m): 8:46pm On Dec 24, 2016
MPVGoddess:

They are imported from other markets - not the US

http://forum.mpvclub.com/viewtopic.php?t=21036&sid=4860efc96da74d58da6656dc6f359e29

Thanks once again... We learn everyday...
Re: Pls Cars Guru.. Is Automatic Car Good For Transportation by Whizpeter(m): 8:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
diportivo:

Its not scarce at all
How many units u wan buy make we do business

Is is the way you use to do? So someone kanor play with you? tongue

(1) (Reply)

Cause Of Steering Wheel Vibration During Brake / See What A Man Loaded His Jeep With(photos) / Honda 1999 Jerk When Break On Motion To Final Stop, What Maybe The Cause

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.