Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,150 members, 7,818,467 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:25 PM

S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari (1342 Views)

Buhari Will Get Over 1m Votes In S’east, Says VON DG / Herdsmen Killings, Strong Warning To Ohanaeze, S’east Govs –IPOB / Ekwueme's Burial : Buhari, Peter Obi, S’east Governors Missing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by bcomputer101: 12:33am On Dec 24, 2016
President Muhammadu Buhari on Friday said there was no truth in media reports alleging that he snubbed the recent South-East Economic and Security Summit in Enugu.

Rather, he said he was advised by some stakeholders from the region not to attend on Thursday as scheduled in view of the closeness of the date to Christmas.

Buhari made the clarification in a statement made available to journalists by his Senior Special Assistant on Media and Publicity, Garba Shehu.

Shehu said Buhari was told that a presidential visit at this time of the year might be disruptive of Christmas.

The statement read, “The President was presented with a request to attend the Economic and Security Summit by the Minister of Science and Technology, Dr. Ogbonnaya Onu. The President happily accepted.

“The visit to Enugu was scheduled for Thursday 22nd as can be found on the weekly programme.

“After this was done, some other stakeholders from the South East came and advised him to not go in view of the closeness of the date to Christmas; that given the sensitivity of the period to the people, a presidential visit may come with overexertion and possibly, be disruptive of Christmas.

“In view of this, President Buhari requested that the event be pushed forward to January, 2017. Given his nature, he did not insist. He said if the change of date is not possible, then the event can go on without him. That is what the organisers chose to do.

“The President did not, and he absolutely has no reason to snub anyone one.”

Source: http://punchng.com/seast-stakeholders-advised-me-against-attending-enugu-summit-buhari/

1 Like

Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by browniecay: 12:37am On Dec 24, 2016
OK
Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by Nobody: 1:01am On Dec 24, 2016
Such a silly excuse. This how he ran away when he was threatened by N/D militants not to steep his foot in Ogoni land. Restlessness is one of the characteristics of wicked soul.,u shall have no rest for the blood of innocent IPOB member you shade.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by limeta(f): 1:12am On Dec 24, 2016
hmmmmm
Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by owugozie(f): 1:15am On Dec 24, 2016
you mean IPOB stakeholders?

1 Like

Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by Pierocash(m): 1:59am On Dec 24, 2016
ISDKING:
Such a silly excuse. This how he ran away when he was threatened by N/D militants not to steep his foot on Ogoni land. Restlessness is one of the characteristics of wicked soul.,u shall have no rest for the blood of innocent IPOB member you shade.
cry me a River.LONG LIVE BUBU

1 Like

Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by morbeta(m): 2:11am On Dec 24, 2016
Clandestine stakeholders endtime advice....
Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by Nobody: 2:12am On Dec 24, 2016
Chicken
Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by odogwubiafra: 2:39am On Dec 24, 2016
"The President did not, and he absolutely has no reason to snub anyone one.”

This lying government sef, they are making it look as if IPOB will be on the fence and not the retired FAKE general. His action was cowardice of a general, and this confirms that he was never qualified to be in military, talk less of getting to that rank.

It will disrupt Christmas celebration my foot

2 Likes

Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by eezeribe(m): 3:41am On Dec 24, 2016
Na so
Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by azimibraun: 4:01am On Dec 24, 2016
An adult looked at me in the eyes and told me PMB did not go to Enugu as a result of fear. Even when I didn't ask him to explain the fear for what or whom? I still feel the Man thinks am a fool. If he doesn't think am a fool and an illiterate why would he be so confident to tell me the President is afraid?

1 Like

Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by Atiku2019: 4:13am On Dec 24, 2016
grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by Annie939(f): 4:29am On Dec 24, 2016
so buhari is afraid of death I don't no IPOB are that Strong than retired general
Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by sarrki(m): 4:32am On Dec 24, 2016
Thank you Mr president

I know you love this country so much

Thank you sire

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by ZUBY77(m): 4:44am On Dec 24, 2016
Bunch of losers.
Coming out to lie to people who are more enlightened than them. What exactly stops then from just shutting up?
No one will do anything if they shut up.

What does his visit have to do with Christmas?

3 Likes

Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by BeeBeeOoh(m): 4:47am On Dec 24, 2016
General Cassandra Is A tOtO. Dazzol
Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by Goziehits(m): 5:09am On Dec 24, 2016
Nobody advised you. You chickened out grin
Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by Emekamex(m): 5:16am On Dec 24, 2016
sarrki:
Thank you Mr president

I know you love this country so much

Thank you sire

Original zombie

www.nairaland.com/attachments/4641263_clulessleader_jpeg592dd8fe54c1bb8223f6cb5a01e3aef0

2 Likes

Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by tinsel: 7:14am On Dec 24, 2016
Buhari self.
Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by xmich(m): 7:48am On Dec 24, 2016
But who asked him
Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by Austinjay50: 7:50am On Dec 24, 2016
He better don't
Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by Nbote(m): 8:11am On Dec 24, 2016
Since wen did he begin to listen to advice? Na fear of upsetting d agitation in the region jare. D same thing happened wen he was supposed to visit Ogoniland. Soon and very soon the fear of the reaction from Nigerians would now allow him leave Abuja.
Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by Nobody: 9:47am On Dec 24, 2016
Annie939:
so buhari is afraid of death I don't no IPOB are that Strong than retired general
you are beautiful if that is you ooo
Re: S’east Stakeholders Advised Me Against Attending Enugu Summit – Buhari by Annie939(f): 8:01am On Dec 25, 2016
vingeophysicist:
you are beautiful if that is you ooo
that's me though every woman is beautiful

(1) (Reply)

FG Recovers $153.3 Million NNPC Money Stashed By Diezani In 3 Banks / Pics Of Students Dressed In School Uniform Spotted Selling On Road Side Go Viral / Cash Haul Uncovered By EFCC At Kaduna Bunker Of Fmr GM NNPC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.