Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,186 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:02 AM

Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos - Culture (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos (53654 Views)

China People And Culture In Anambra / Half-Unclad Women In Birnin Amina, Niger State, Can't Afford Clothes (Pics) / Half-Unclad Gbagyi Men At Gbagyi Festival In Abuja (Photos, Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by LordReed(m): 12:47pm On Dec 24, 2016
5minsmadness:
Beautiful works of art.
Very healthy looking and voluptuos ladies.

In many african cultures a woman's breasts were her prized assets. A fully developed breast shows to the outside world that the girl jas entered womanhood nd is ready for marriage. (Her first menstruation couldn't very well be exposed trickling down her legs to prove her womanhood so her breasts were the next best thing.) In fact in some cultures a man would show interest for marriage of a woman by going to her house and in the presence her father, grasping her breasts from behind. Her father would feign mild annoyance but the message would have been passed.

Unfortunately the white man came and brainwashed us into seeing such things as barbaric. They made our women wear bras and corsets in this stifling african heat. They preached to us that staring at and fully appreciating a woman's breasts was uncultured and a sin. Thus brainwashed we began to cover up our beauty and fry our unique afro hairs straight and bleach our skins to look like them.

Now of course the same white man exposes his woman's breasts in movies, music videos, fashion, during thier carnivals and bodypaint art, etc , and we see them as cool. But when some of ours decide to remember and honour our own proud heritage we see it as disgusting.

You see how bleeped up we are?

Very bleeped up I say! You hear people saying being semi nude is not African culture and you have to imagine how brainwashed as a people we are if we have forgotten our own history because of exposure to foreign media.
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by sunsplash99(m): 12:49pm On Dec 24, 2016
Ops take ur time. Y painting the breast? After u don see d complete breast,
y painting it for us?
Besides, the pple open d breast for every one to see. pls we need d breast without paint.
don't help dem in covering it cox dey opened it for pple to see.

Who send u?
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by refiner(f): 12:52pm On Dec 24, 2016
Remilekun101:

Just Curious, Can I be your friend outside Nl?

Lol...ok
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by samwayne154(m): 1:10pm On Dec 24, 2016
Laveda:
Them open breast you come dey help them cover am here.

Op Why?
leave that for boys na undecided
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by Rozaystunna(m): 1:12pm On Dec 24, 2016
refiner:

Much better than a fallen bridge! undecided
e pain am cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by 2muchmoni1(m): 1:19pm On Dec 24, 2016
refiner:
London bridge has fallen!

undecided

Can we see your own so we can compare.... grin
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by deavicky(m): 1:22pm On Dec 24, 2016
I don't know u ppl problem. Breast that the owner exposed in public without complaining, u came here and covered it. Is it ur own?. Nonsense.
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by CoolFreeday(m): 1:26pm On Dec 24, 2016
refiner:

Much better than a fallen bridge! undecided
ignore him, God made us all perfect.
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by Airee: 1:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
This one has got very long legs!

Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by 5minsmadness: 1:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
sisisioge:

Girlie, nice write up. You sure know how it feels being a woman...go girl grin

Thanks sweetie. I dey market now, bisola is making some nice weaves for me after which I'll go do my nails. Wanna come?
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by evansjeff(m): 1:50pm On Dec 24, 2016
Laveda:
Them open breast you come dey help them cover am here.

Op Why?
wetin you wan see again? You no get your own?
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by Laveda(f): 2:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
Mufasa27:

Aunty you sef wan see bwest?? What about the one wey dey your chest
evansjeff:
wetin you wan see again? You no get your own?
samwayne154:
leave that for boys na undecided
BRIGHTRIVERS:
just kii me cheesy
legendte:

Are you gay?
Sonn:
Lolz... so Laveda u wan see Br***st. Op u do well joor. lead us not into temptation....I no wan see am

gringringrin

tongue
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by sisisioge: 2:30pm On Dec 24, 2016
5minsmadness:

Thanks sweetie. I dey market now, bisola is making some nice weaves for me after which I'll go do my nails. Wanna come?

That's OK babes...have a good one. Remember, wearing babyblue on the toe is the IT now o kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by babamann(m): 2:34pm On Dec 24, 2016
our forefathers never sexualize breast
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by tiwiex(m): 2:43pm On Dec 24, 2016
The culture no get name? The only thing wey concern op na the frontage. Please lets post stuff with substance when we can. I really want to know d name of dis culture for d sake of history and education.
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by ElsonMorali: 2:46pm On Dec 24, 2016
refiner:
London bridge has fallen!

But what exactly are they celebrating?...okrika? undecided

Chai you get bad mouth o. cheesy
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by adisaigbo1(m): 3:49pm On Dec 24, 2016
5minsmadness:
Beautiful works of art.

In many african cultures a woman's breasts were her prized assets. A fully developed breast shows to the outside world that the girl jas entered womanhood nd is ready for marriage. (Her first menstruation couldn't very well be exposed trickling down her legs to prove her womanhood so her breasts were the next best thing.) In fact in some cultures a man would show interest for marriage of a woman by going to her house and in the presence her father, grasping her breasts from behind. Her father would feign mild annoyance but the message would have been passed.

Unfortunately the white man came and brainwashed us into seeing such things as barbaric. They made our women wear bras and corsets in this stifling african heat. They preached to us that staring at and fully appreciating a woman's breasts was uncultured and a sin. Thus brainwashed we began to cover up our beauty and fry our unique afro hairs straight and bleach our skins to look like them.

Now of course the same white man exposes his woman's breasts in movies, music videos, fashion, during thier carnivals and bodypaint art, etc , and we see them as cool. But when some of ours decide to remember and honour our own proud heritage we see it as disgusting.

bia..... just say the truth; you love free breast

Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by princeemmma(m): 4:27pm On Dec 24, 2016
chai this culture people self, well

Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by refiner(f): 4:32pm On Dec 24, 2016
CoolFreeday:

ignore him, God made us all perfect.
wink
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by emmykennyboy(m): 4:44pm On Dec 24, 2016
absolutely crap
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by Remilekun101: 6:11pm On Dec 24, 2016
refiner:

Lol...ok

Can i have your contact?
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by refiner(f): 7:18pm On Dec 24, 2016
Remilekun101:

Can i have your contact?

Urs is on ur siggy already abi..
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by Nobody: 7:41pm On Dec 24, 2016
5minsmadness:
Beautiful works of art.

food for thoughts
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by Remilekun101: 9:46pm On Dec 24, 2016
refiner:

Urs is on ur siggy already abi..

Yes ma
Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by intruder15(m): 9:46pm On Dec 24, 2016
comshots:
Exposing what so many men love to touch,lick,fon.dle,suck,nibble.Though those ones are not enticing.They don go down low.

viewers discretion is advised.
u sef. must u go into details. lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Half Unclad Women Celebrate Their Culture In Rivers State. Photos by Rhea(f): 10:02pm On Dec 24, 2016
Culture: where people dress up well to watch other people dance naked

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife Ogunwusi With His Wife On Their Wedding Day / Ooni Of Ife, Ogunwusi And Naomi Oluwaseyi Wedding Photos / Jennifer Obayuwana At Ooni Of Ife’s Wedding (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.