Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,995 members, 7,821,474 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:30 PM

My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) (4756 Views)

Man Electrocuted While Charging Phone In Port-Harcourt, Rivers (Graphic Photos) / Things You Should Never Do While Charging Your Smartphone / Man's Phone Burnt After Answering Call While Charging It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by androsurf: 7:27am On Dec 25, 2016
I just bought this phone, brand new at the rate of #31500 from a mall in Ibadan not up to 2 months ago. Last night, I noticed it was very hot while I was charging it, so I removed the charger and use the phone like that till the battery ran down. Now I plugged my phone, the red led is on but phone refuses to come up, and its now even hotter if I tried to plug the charger. What should I do?

Modified: I took the phone to Carlcare centre and they repaired it for free... cool (the phone is under warranty)
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by Whizpeter(m): 7:33am On Dec 25, 2016
Which charger are you using to charge it?
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by androsurf: 7:35am On Dec 25, 2016
Whizpeter:
Which charger are you using to charge it?

The charger that came with it stopped charging the third day I bought it. So I use only my system for the charging. Now have tried different charger, and the problem still persist.
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by Whizpeter(m): 8:00am On Dec 25, 2016
androsurf:

The charger that came with it stopped charging the third day I bought it. So I use only my system for the charging. Now have tried different charger, and the problem still persist.

Go to an engineer, could be charging port...
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by Nobody: 8:01am On Dec 25, 2016
Careful, careful. The hotness is an indication the battery is taking a lot of heat and can explode. You don't want to be around a lithium battery when it explodes.
The battery may have suffered a structural damage. Replace the battery with a new one and try again.
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by androsurf: 8:54am On Dec 25, 2016
Whizpeter:

Go to an engineer, could be charging port...

I'm planning on taking it to tecno office at ikeja tomorrow. But my receipt is not with me, hope they will attend to me.thanks
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by androsurf: 8:56am On Dec 25, 2016
gustalnov:
Careful, careful. The hotness is an indication the battery is taking a lot of heat and can explode. You don't want to be around a lithium battery when it explodes.
The battery may have suffered a structural damage. Replace the battery with a new one and try again.

It's an inbuilt battery, cant replace it myself. Will take it to their office tomorrow. Thanks
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by Youngpo413: 10:35am On Dec 25, 2016
You are just unlucky, tecno products are very good, Gionee are better and Samsung is the best, next time go for the best!
Merry Christmas.

2 Likes

Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by Whizpeter(m): 10:57am On Dec 25, 2016
androsurf:

I'm planning on taking it to tecno office at ikeja tomorrow. But my receipt is not with me, hope they will attend to me.thanks

Get the receipt bro... I doubt they would answer you...
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by androsurf: 11:53am On Dec 25, 2016
Whizpeter:

Thanks
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by androsurf: 11:57am On Dec 25, 2016
Youngpo413:
You are just unlucky, tecno products are very good, Gionee are better and Samsung is the best, next time go for the best!
Merry Christmas.

Wish to go for the best but the economy no gree so for my side. I just hope the phone gets back on track, I always buy and use tecno products, cos I like to buy my things brand new. And tecno make that comes into reality for me when it comes to average smartphones.

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by kazzonline: 12:44pm On Dec 25, 2016
Whizpeter:

No need for reciept,they av a machine they would use to tag your phone that would show them the details you hav on your reciept,they just scan the imei number but if its not under warranty you would hav to pay

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by nusdog: 1:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
androsurf:

Sure. Just that you most likely won't be getting free repair at Carlcare without your receipt.
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by Nobody: 3:16pm On Dec 25, 2016
kindly visit a carlcare and please ensure you go with your receipt as you should enjoy the warrantu that comes with it.
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by Dandsome: 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
androsurf:
I just bought this phone, brand new at the rate of #31500 from a mall in Ibadan not up to 2 months ago. Last night, I noticed it was very hot while I was charging it, so I removed the charger and use the phone like that till the battery ran down. Now I plugged my phone, the red led is on but phone refuses to come up, and its now even hotter if I tried to plug the charger. What should I do?

Allowvit for a while and charge it agian then put it on
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by MizMyColi(f): 4:22pm On Dec 25, 2016
Youngpo413:
Merry Christmas.

Gionee better ke?
If I hear!?
sad

OP I used Tecno W4. Charging was never ever an issue o. And to think it's a new buy?
Please take it to the nearest Carlcare.

I have a feeling it's refurbished or simply a manufacturer's defect. But please keep us informed on the outcome.

30k is not moi moi.

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by MizMyColi(f): 4:24pm On Dec 25, 2016
androsurf:

It's an inbuilt battery, cant replace it myself. Will take it to their office tomorrow. Thanks

Have your receipt too.
You hear?
You might get a replacement with it.
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by Youngpo413: 4:25pm On Dec 25, 2016
MizMyColi:

Gionee better ke?
If I hear!?
sad

OP I used Tecno W4. Charging was never ever an issue o. And to think it's a new buy?
Please take it to the nearest Carlcare.

I have a feeling it's refurbished or simply a manufacturer's defect. But please keep us informed on the outcome.

30k is not moi moi.
lol
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by tafat: 4:28pm On Dec 25, 2016
Eiyaaa, too bad o tecno phones are very good, but 30k no be beans, take ur phone to carlcare for update
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by androsurf: 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
MizMyColi:

Have your receipt too.
You hear?
You might get a replacement with it.

Thanks. Funny thing is that your thread inspired me to go for tecno w4. smiley
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by androsurf: 4:48pm On Dec 25, 2016
tafat:
Eiyaaa, too bad o tecno phones are very good, but 30k no be beans, take ur phone to carlcare for update

Thanks
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by androsurf: 4:53pm On Dec 25, 2016
kazzonline:

No need for reciept,they av a machine they would use to tag your phone that would show them the details you hav on your reciept,they just scan the imei number but if its not under warranty you would hav to pay
Its still under warranty.
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by androsurf: 4:54pm On Dec 25, 2016
nusdog:

Sure. Just that you most likely won't be getting free repair at Carlcare without your receipt.
Thanks for your contribution.
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by androsurf: 4:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
funmyade:
kindly visit a carlcare and please ensure you go with your receipt as you should enjoy the warrantu that comes with it.
Thanks
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by MizMyColi(f): 4:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
androsurf:

Thanks. Funny thing is that your thread inspired me to go for tecno w4. smiley

Oh really! cheesy
Hehehehehe

Well sha, I won't curse the guy that stole mine.
God bless him.

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by MizMyColi(f): 4:56pm On Dec 25, 2016
Youngpo413:
lol
lolest
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by androsurf: 4:57pm On Dec 25, 2016
MizMyColi:

Oh really! cheesy
Hehehehehe

Well sha, I won't curse the guy that stole mine.
God bless him.

Lol grin
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by Youngpo413: 4:59pm On Dec 25, 2016
MizMyColi:
lolest
Merry Christmas.
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by MizMyColi(f): 5:31pm On Dec 25, 2016
Youngpo413:
Merry Christmas.

Same same to you
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by oluwadaemilola: 7:55pm On Dec 25, 2016
Try visiting carlcare
Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by SirdimayG(m): 9:38pm On Dec 25, 2016
Interesting... anyway just passing by..

In other word OP is my uncle grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: My 2 Months Old Tecno W4 Gets Hot While Charging (RESOLVED) by androsurf: 10:01pm On Dec 25, 2016
oluwadaemilola:

Try visiting carlcare

I Will, thanks

(1) (2) (Reply)

Pls Whats The Difference Between These Things / Free 1G From MTN For 3 Days / Vk World Vk700 The Cheapest, The Largest, The Best Android Budget Phone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.