Stats: 3,151,096 members, 7,811,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 10:45 PM

Please Advice A Fellow Nairalander - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Please Advice A Fellow Nairalander (722 Views)

Please Help A Fellow Nairalander / Is Sharelance INC Genuine? Please Help A Fellow Freelancer. / Help A Fellow Nairalander (2) (3) (4)

Please Advice A Fellow Nairalander by Aristo3146(m): 7:27am On Dec 26, 2016
WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE THIS SITUATION
I developed an accounting system for a church(i am not a member of this church), they paid me, but i noticed there was a 10% cut in our initial agreed price, i confronted the pastor, only for him to tell me...The 10% deduction was for tithe. Is it done this way Should i instigate a legal action Or let everything go...
Re: Please Advice A Fellow Nairalander by dingbang(m): 7:31am On Dec 26, 2016
instigate a legal action please. what sort of balderdash is that? is tithing by force? this shows u that pastors are only (and I mean every bit of it) after money
Re: Please Advice A Fellow Nairalander by yomi007k(m): 7:33am On Dec 26, 2016

Madness! Did u not sign a contract?

Thieves.
Re: Please Advice A Fellow Nairalander by Aristo3146(m): 7:40am On Dec 26, 2016
dingbang:
instigate a legal action please. what sort of balderdash is that? is tithing by force? this shows u that pastors are only (and I mean every bit of it) after money
Thanks for your candid advice sir,
Re: Please Advice A Fellow Nairalander by Aristo3146(m): 7:42am On Dec 26, 2016
yomi007k:

Madness! Did u not sign a contract?

Thieves.
There was no written contract sir, it was just a verbal agreement...
Re: Please Advice A Fellow Nairalander by paschal47(m): 7:46am On Dec 26, 2016
Aristo3146:
WHAT'S THE BEST WAY TO HANDLE THIS SITUATION
I developed an accounting system for a church(i am not a member of this church), they paid me, but i noticed there was a 10% cut in our initial agreed price, i confronted the pastor, only for him to tell me...The 10% deduction was for tithe. Is it done this way Should i instigate a legal action Or let everything go...
Since you said it was a verbal agreement, this is what you would do, put ur phone on recording and ask him again, make sure he says the same thing and then threaten him with the law
Re: Please Advice A Fellow Nairalander by Aristo3146(m): 8:51am On Dec 26, 2016
paschal47:

Since you said it was a verbal agreement, this is what you would do, put ur phone on recording and ask him again, make sure he says the same thing and then threaten him with the law
Waow...that is thoughtful of you, thanks
Re: Please Advice A Fellow Nairalander by yomi007k(m): 10:24am On Dec 26, 2016
Aristo3146:
There was no written contract sir, it was just a verbal agreement...

E go hard oo.

Re: Please Advice A Fellow Nairalander by MarketingXpert(m): 11:13am On Dec 26, 2016
I'm not sorry to say...the pastor knows so much about tithe that he knows nothing about COMMANDMENT.

I will advise you to consult a legal practitioner.

the lawyer should know the end from the beginner, so he/she will tell you the best thing to do.

you never can tell if this pastor has been doing the same thing over and over again...may be getting away with it.

play smart, talk to a lawyer.

Re: Please Advice A Fellow Nairalander by viafabian: 10:57am On Dec 27, 2016
[quote author=Aristo3146 post=52261812] There was no written contract sir, it was just a verbal agreement...[/quote ] oral contract can also be enforced..... Agreement is generally implied or written... And dis one is implied... Thus u can file a suit for breach of contract......

Help Am Having Problems With My Firstbank Account / Get Instant Traffic and lead to Your Affiliate website,landing pages, blog..ETC / Nairalanders, pls vote- CBN dollars for tourism or for refineries?