Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,630 members, 7,809,350 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:10 AM

Replacing Your Worn Out Tyres - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Replacing Your Worn Out Tyres (11060 Views)

7 Dangers Of Driving On Worn-out Tyres / Don’t Throw Away Those Old Tyres. See What You Can Use Them For (PHOTOS) / Tale Signs You Have A Worn Out Clutch Plate (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Replacing Your Worn Out Tyres by nurey(m): 7:00pm On Dec 27, 2016
femi4:
it is much harder to control a moving car with a burst rear tyre than a front tyre. You can use the steering to control the vehicle while you come to a stop and you are much less likely to induce a spin

That's what you read online I have been in two cars with burst tire, it was the front that rolled over, thank God for his mercy on me. I wasn't the driver at both instances.

Let's leave burst tire and control with reasons I gave, I believe when changing tire, more emphasis should be given to driven wheel.
Re: Replacing Your Worn Out Tyres by femi4: 7:03pm On Dec 27, 2016
nurey:

That's what you read online I have been in two cars with burst tire, it was the front that rolled over, thank God for his mercy on me. I wasn't the driver at both instances.

Let's leave burst tire and control with reasons I gave, I believe when changing tire, more emphasis should be given to driven wheel.
The kazeems and road side vulcanizers cannot dictate to me.
Re: Replacing Your Worn Out Tyres by adanny01(m): 9:11am On Dec 28, 2016
femi4:
it is much harder to control a moving car with a burst rear tyre than a front tyre. You can use the steering to control the vehicle while you come to a stop and you are much less likely to induce a spin

Do you really know what you are saying?

Front tire steers the car and you think it is easier to control a blown tire in the front. Front tire blowout is far more dangerous to rear tire blow out.
Re: Replacing Your Worn Out Tyres by femi4: 2:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
adanny01:

Do you really know what you are saying?

Front tire steers the car and you think it is easier to control a blown tire in the front. Front tire blowout is far more dangerous to rear tire blow out.
Back tires provides stability and you have little or no control over them cos front tires steers the car. So the best of your tires should be position at where you have little or no control
Re: Replacing Your Worn Out Tyres by adanny01(m): 10:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
femi4:
Back tires provides stability and you have little or no control over them cos front tires steers the car. So the best of your tires should be position at where you have little or no control

What is stability without direction? You first of all require direction as a priority before you think of stability. Unless you wish to be stable in the gutter. Stability is comfort, direction is prerequisite.
Re: Replacing Your Worn Out Tyres by Alvin007: 7:28am On Dec 30, 2016
nurey:

I've experienced both scenarios and I was the driver....and from experience, I'll say the best set of tyres should be put in front. Shikena.
Anyone who prefers to follow what he/she read online as regards this issue, is doing so at his/her own risk...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Honda Civic 2008 / Toyota Hilux Manual/automatic Which One Is Better? / How Much Does An Average Okada Man Earn In A Day?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.