Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,035 members, 7,828,627 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 12:16 PM

Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust (26639 Views)

Nigerians To Pay Stamp Duty On ATM Printouts, Some Whatsapp Messages - FIRS / How Banks And Bankers Are Getting Richer Through Foolish Dead Husbands / Man Sleeping On ATM At Immigration Office Ikoyi (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Revolva(m): 8:58am On Dec 26, 2016
Nigerian banks are very wiked..they knew the rush for withdrawal will be much and they wont fil the ATM with stack benjamins...dem papa....MMM sure pas dem sef
Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Greenbullet(m): 8:59am On Dec 26, 2016
mmm is better than Nigerian banks.
Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by justi4jesu(f): 8:59am On Dec 26, 2016
ibnjarir93:
what rate do you buy BTC?

Contact on my signature Sir. wink
Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by gbegemaster(m): 9:00am On Dec 26, 2016
You MMM pipo should be deceiving yourself. You will go with MMM but you will use banks to transfer the funds abi? Nonsense.

8 Likes

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by ihedioramma: 9:00am On Dec 26, 2016
EternalTruths:
Buhari's government is a curse . angry

Never witnessed this during Jonathan's era angry
Are you a goat ? is Buhari the one that own the banks? or is buhari there network grin ?

5 Likes

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Smooth278(m): 9:01am On Dec 26, 2016
Daylight thieves... Corruption everywhere in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:01am On Dec 26, 2016
Corruption has eaten into the fabrics of the country is an understatement angry
Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Abeyjide: 9:03am On Dec 26, 2016
financiaL institutions are part of our problem in this country. our banks are lazy, only giving money to politicians.i do make my withdrawal two weeks to any festive celebration. And thank God for what I realised from sales of my chickens. May God bless us all.

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:03am On Dec 26, 2016
AntiWailer:
These journalists self.

Writing thrash is not a virtue.
I tell you..imagine, a staff

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:04am On Dec 26, 2016
EternalTruths:

Don't tell me your mentality is so low...in fact, stop disgracing yourself

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Vicolan: 9:05am On Dec 26, 2016
So Pathetic
Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by ceejay80s(m): 9:06am On Dec 26, 2016
EternalTruths:

U are a liar

3 Likes

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:07am On Dec 26, 2016
three:
One ECOBANK branch discharges a maximum of N5000 per time for non-ECOBANK Cards/Customers
I can confirm this as true. Am not sure its one, the ecobank atm I used as at yesterday refused to pay more than 5k because its another banks atm card. Whacked system in this country.
Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Vikky014(f): 9:18am On Dec 26, 2016
stevenson007:
As if i knew, i hoarded cash at home to utilize this festive season... so right each time i hear about banks and atms ishh am like
b mindful of wht u say thieves dey nairaland aswell o

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by TellMeTheTruth(m): 9:18am On Dec 26, 2016
Stop peddling falsehood, no bank charged N200 for OTC withdrawals!
Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Artistree: 9:21am On Dec 26, 2016
Rich4god:
Are these journalist reporting the right thing or just hear say.... here in the north, I did not see it noticed any bank charging 200naira for OTC withdrawal. I matter the AMT u r withdrawing.
You really write like an...abokey!

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by TOPCRUISE(m): 9:23am On Dec 26, 2016
Rubbish Topic. angry. I WAS THINKING AN ATM WAS OUT OF CONTROL SPEWING AND DOLING CASH UNNCONTROLLABLY TO MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by ndcide(m): 9:24am On Dec 26, 2016
Einl:
This is poor journalism. I work in a bank. No bank charges for over the counter withdraw with your cheque book.

No bank likes a crowd in their banking halls. It's part of a branch's score for having a crowd in it's banking hall. Each bank branch is rated for the number of customers in the queue. So the less, the better.

The reason for the ATM issue is that demand for withdraws were more than than the ATM could cope with. Then the Federal government paid on the 22nd and 23rd. Then all those government workers were trying to withdraw to buy Christmas things.

And some goats were saying that banks don't have enough money. Yes. They don't have enough PHYSICAL money to put in the ATM to meet demand. CBN hasn't printed new bank notes this year. And all the mutilated money has been moved out of circulation. So there is less physical cash in circulation. Doesn't mean banks don't have money.

So what's your solution to majority of ATM being unable to dispense cash. I was almost stranded at Ikeja last Friday. You people should be considerate.

You can't have 20 ATM in a location and only 2 have cash in them. You are not sure of withdrawal even if you spend 3hours.

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:24am On Dec 26, 2016
Rich4god:
Are these journalist reporting the right thing or just hear say.... here in the north, I did not see it noticed any bank charging 200naira for OTC withdrawal. I matter the AMT u r withdrawing.
From the body of the story you should assume that Lagos was a case study

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Ezionye(f): 9:30am On Dec 26, 2016
ajbf:

First Bank, Union Bank among other Banks

Stop spreading falsehood

Dunno bout the ' among other banks' but the ones u mentioned don't charge for withdrawal with your personal cheque or booklet. undecided

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by kokomilala(m): 9:30am On Dec 26, 2016
Is it not logical to project that this was a calculated attempt by banks in concert to bring down their internet system so as to pave way for this act?Anything goes in this country.We have lost our moral moorings as a people.
Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by ajbf: 9:31am On Dec 26, 2016
Ezionye:

Stop spreading falsehood

Dunno bout the ' among other banks' but the ones u mentioned don't charge for withdrawal with your personal cheque or booklet. undecided
Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by obailala(m): 9:31am On Dec 26, 2016
EternalTruths:

adedayourt:

Not a curse so to say

Natural disaster is to asain countries as buharis govt is to Nigeria.
See them...

Where are the others sef?... I was expecting more of your colleagues to rush in. Very soon dem go blame president for inabiltiy of their wives to give dem male children.

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Einl(m): 9:37am On Dec 26, 2016
ndcide:

So what's your solution to majority of ATM being unable to dispense cash. I was almost stranded at Ikeja last Friday. You people should be considerate.

You can't have 20 ATM in a location and only 2 have cash in them. You are not sure of withdrawal even if you spend 3hours.

There isn't or wasn't enough physical cash to put in the ATM's. Usually during holidays, CBN releases mint notes to the banks to augment the cash they already have to add to the ATM'S.

But this year has been different. CBN said the cost of minting new notes is more than the value of the notes itself.

It may sound rude, but my solution is stop waiting till the last minute to do your transactions. Do them early in the week and try and use cashless channels.

Apologies about your predicament.

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:39am On Dec 26, 2016
danidon08:
I can confirm this as true. Am not sure its one, the ecobank atm I used as at yesterday refused to pay more than 5k because its another banks atm card. Whacked system in this country.
Infact, that ecobank is a one-chance bank

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by insecticide: 9:39am On Dec 26, 2016
Einl:
This is poor journalism. I work in a bank. No bank charges for over the counter withdraw with your cheque book.

No bank likes a crowd in their banking halls. It's part of a branch's score for having a crowd in it's banking hall. Each bank branch is rated for the number of customers in the queue. So the less, the better.

The reason for the ATM issue is that demand for withdraws were more than than the ATM could cope with. Then the Federal government paid on the 22nd and 23rd. Then all those government workers were trying to withdraw to buy Christmas things.

And some goats were saying that banks don't have enough money. Yes. They don't have enough PHYSICAL money to put in the ATM to meet demand. CBN hasn't printed new bank notes this year. And all the mutilated money has been moved out of circulation. So there is less physical cash in circulation. Doesn't mean banks don't have money.
I was surprised when i saw the thread. I work in a bank as well and nobody charges a dime for OTC, all one has to do is get a check or savings withdrawal booklet which has over 25 slips each.
On the ATM issue, there are threshold for each terminal so u can't just load an ATM with any amount. At my bank, the threshold is 3m per terminal.

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by francisbarrack(m): 9:41am On Dec 26, 2016
Einl:

I don't think u r in Nigeria.... All our banks r fraud.

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 26, 2016
Buhari, we know they are scared of you. Please #ProbeTheBanks

3 Likes

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by just2endowed: 9:43am On Dec 26, 2016
danidon08:

That's wickedness. I bank with ecobank and I observed that they didn't allow other bank atm to withdraw more than 5k. This wicked measures was in place in other for the bank to charge more other bank atm users bank charges of 65 naira. So if u are to withdraw 50k u pay for every multiple times u withdraw. This is a smart and wicked way of extortion.

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by abbasajao(m): 9:44am On Dec 26, 2016
This is a blatant lie. Get your fact right next time.

1 Like

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by eph12(m): 9:46am On Dec 26, 2016
Einl:

When should government have paid salaries? After Christmas? That nobody could have anticipated this in the banking industry is a minus on their part.

2 Likes

Re: Yuletide: How Banks Cashed In On ATM Malfunction - Daily Trust by eph12(m): 9:49am On Dec 26, 2016
insecticide:

I was surprised when i saw the thread. I work in a bank as well and nobody charges a dime for OTC, all one has to do is get a check or savings withdrawal booklet which has over 25 slips each.
On the ATM issue, there are threshold for each terminal so u can't just load an ATM with any amount. At my bank, the threshold is 3m per terminal.
Maybe at that instant they were not with their withdrawal booklet. And some people like me don't even collect the booklet because I believe my atm should be enough for me.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Anxiety As Withdrawal, Deposit Charges Begin / A Bank Is Frustrating Our Efforts To Recover Our Late Dad's Money. Help!!! / US Dollar Supply Surges By 51% In Forex Market As Naira Records Gain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.