Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,299 members, 7,836,305 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

How come is Christianity not a religion. Explanation pls - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How come is Christianity not a religion. Explanation pls (612 Views)

Need Explanation Pls / Why Is Christianity Divided With So Many Denomination Unlike Muslim. / How Exactly Is Christianity Holding Nigerians Back. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How come is Christianity not a religion. Explanation pls by Nobody: 12:09pm On Dec 26, 2016
Existence of a true God without Religion, is it possible.? shocked

Is it possible to say a true God exist without relating it to religious God?

I will be asking questions & mind blowing answers should be contributions. Also, the aim of creatingthis thread for everyone both, theists(Christians), deists, AGNOSTICs and atheists to learn....

1) Since Christianity is not a religion, why do Christians celebrate over the fact that MARK ZUKERBERG is not an atheist but agree with him when he said RELIGION is important.?

2) Can religion be complete without it having a connection to God somewhere and somehow?

3) Christianity is not a religion, fine and accepted. But why is it that on biodata forms, in the RELIGION section, ISLAM & CHRISTIANITY are the two most important religion they request for?

4) Why dont christians fill in, "CHRISTIANITY" as relationship status in relationship field.?

Please, i need clearer explanation because, am not getting the fact that, "Christianity is not a religion" line phrase.

Cc KingEbukasBlog, felixomor, Hopefullandlord, jonbellion, benzic, akintom, LiberaDeus

Re: How come is Christianity not a religion. Explanation pls by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:30pm On Dec 26, 2016
A thread has been created that answers this question

https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion

But maybe maybe the mods don't think its suitable for frontpage sad sad

Well , it's apparent it is

cc : lalasticlala , seun

come see ooo

1 Like

Re: How come is Christianity not a religion. Explanation pls by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:
A thread has been created that answers this question

https://www.nairaland.com/3500235/must-read-god-without-religion

But maybe maybe the mods don't think its suitable for frontpage sad sad

Well , it's apparent it is

cc : lalasticlala , seun

come see ooo
I have read the article link above long before creating my own thread.

The key word here is "TRUE GOD", because that's what Christianity and islam is all about. Serving and worshipping a true God. So, pls, attempt the questions. I still gat more to ask
Re: How come is Christianity not a religion. Explanation pls by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:35pm On Dec 26, 2016
adepeter26:

The key word here is "TRUE GOD",because that's what Christianity and islam is all about. Serving and worshipping a true God. So, pls, attempt the questions. I still gat more to ask

I think you mean true concept of God because the existence of the Supreme Being is a fact .
Re: How come is Christianity not a religion. Explanation pls by Nobody: 12:38pm On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

I think you mean true concept of God because the existence of the Supreme Being is a fact .
That isnt the purpose of my thread sha.... Could you pls provide answers to the questions above?
Re: How come is Christianity not a religion. Explanation pls by KingEbukasBlog(m): 12:44pm On Dec 26, 2016
adepeter26:
Existence of a true God without Religion, is it possible.? shocked

Is it possible to say a true God exist without relating it to religious God?

I will be asking questions & mind blowing answers should be contributions. Also, the aim of creatingthis thread for everyone both, theists(Christians), deists, AGNOSTICs and atheists to learn....

1) Since Christianity is not a religion, why do Christians celebrate over the fact that MARK ZUKERBERG is not an atheist but agree with him when he said RELIGION is important.?

The acknowledgement of a creator is a huge step one takes before he discovers the true concept of God . Mark is still taking baby steps and we pray he finds the truth .

adepeter26:
2) Can religion be complete without it having a connection to God somewhere and somehow?

The belief in God is not limited to religion , even some deists who reject religion agree that one can have a personal/transpersonal relationship with God .

adepeter26:
3) Christianity is not a religion, fine and accepted. But why is it that on biodata forms, in the RELIGION section, ISLAM & CHRISTIANITY are the two most important religion they request for?

It's seen as a religion because it encompasses worship , spirituality , revealed theology , dogma . And its seen as a lifestyle because it is centered on the life of Christ - living a Christ worthy life , you live like Christ .

adepeter26:
4) Why dont christians fill in, "CHRISTIANITY" as relationship status in relationship field.?

The relationship status field wants to know if you have any sort of relationship with your fellow human . God is not human remember ?
Re: How come is Christianity not a religion. Explanation pls by Nobody: 12:50pm On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The acknowledgement of a creator is a huge step one takes before he discovers the true concept of God . Mark is still taking baby steps and we pray he finds the truth ..
Who is the true God. What do you mean by, "finds the truth" above?

KingEbukasBlog:

The belief in God is not limited to religion , even some deists who reject religion agree that one can have a personal/transpersonal relationship with God .

It's seen as a religion because it encompasses worship , spirituality , revealed theology , dogma . And its seen as a lifestyle because it is centered on the life of Christ - living a Christ worthy life , you live like Christ .

But Christians outrageously deny the fact that Christianity is not a religion. What can you say now as a conclusion? Is Christianity a religion and a relationship/lifestyle?
KingEbukasBlog:

The relationship status field wants to know if you have any sort of relationship with your fellow human . God is not human remember?
But most Christians refer to Jesus as God.. What can you say about that because Jesus is human who once lived on the surface of this earth
Re: How come is Christianity not a religion. Explanation pls by hahn(m): 2:26pm On Dec 26, 2016
KingEbukasBlog:

The acknowledgement of a creator is a huge step one takes before he discovers the true concept of God . Mark is still taking baby steps and we pray he finds the truth .

The relationship status field wants to know if you have any sort of relationship with your fellow human . God is not human remember ?

I agree. God is not human but a "thing", and "idea", something like an imaginary friend and that is why it is incompetent smiley

1 Like

Re: How come is Christianity not a religion. Explanation pls by Nobody: 6:01pm On Dec 26, 2016
hahn:

I agree. God is not human but a "thing", and "idea", something like an imaginary friend and that is why it is incompetent smiley
But some refer to Jesus as God while others dont

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Disguised As A Beggar – The Real Story & Lessons / Syrian Man Who Filmed Daughters Before Sending Them On Suicide Mission Is Killed / What Really Happens After Death. 8 Biblical Examples That Explains The Truth.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.