Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,616 members, 7,820,184 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:03 AM

Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing (637 Views)

Ortom’s Exit From APC A Blessing To Us – Oshiomhole / Blessing Anyim Is Not My Daughter - Anyim Pius Anyim / 11 Proofs That Show Recession Is Almost Over – FG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing by Venusman(m): 5:18pm On Dec 26, 2016
why i think recession is more of a blessing.

this is a counter thread to thread that says recession will last till 2020.

Op. I haven't read through your prediction and opinions, however, I wouldn't queue behind the opinion that recession will last long as you've predicted based on the following reasons;

1. The recession has strengthened most Nigeria that the level at which they think of survival can not be measured

2. due to the recession this agriculture which Nigeria never believed in is now growing very fast.

3. since salary can no longer pay the regular bill anymore, most Nigerians who use to believe in white collar job have now returned to the entrepreneurial's world.

they have started building their businesses and creating jobs which the government cannot create. this had even gone to the level of changing the orientation of Nigerian parents who had never believed in a child having special skill. you can look at what is happening in the eastern part of Nigeria from Innoson to the whole of Aba made. and all the wonderful Nigeria made rices.

4. Recently, our educational system has introduced a lot of courses which embrace skills acquisition and with this happening to young Nigerians.....the future is bright.

In conclusion, this recession has made us brave and now taking risk and decision to start new thing is no longer problem to Nigeria as it use to be.

I understand that most pessimist will never go with these opinions.

but you're free to add or raise your counter opinion.

God bless Nigeria. wishing us all a prosperous new year and a beautiful boxing day. let's keep fight the good fight.

cc: Lalastical

please help do the needful

From Francisdeacn
http://wavebuzzer..com.ng

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing by torres89: 5:45pm On Dec 26, 2016
very true
especially on the job aspect....
I finished school and I didn't even bother looking for where to drop my CV
who go employ me
Na hustle sure pass now...

3 Likes

Re: Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing by Bolster(m): 5:58pm On Dec 26, 2016
A Roman Poet called Horace once said that "adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it."

I believe the recession is presently acting as the adversity that is bringing the genius in us. For a long time the prosperity we've enjoyed in form of oil boom has made us lazy and import dependant so much that we never believed we are even capable of producing toothpicks.

But with recession and scarcity of FX for stupid importations we've started looking inward. We've seen the surge in Rice and grains production. In the next 12 months or so we will be exporting Rice instead of importing.

A whole lot of youths are now considering have an acre or two of farmlands to cultivate. I've personally spoken to few seriously planning to start farming in 2017 as another stream of income. Benefit of recession.

Adversity is after all, mother of invention.

1 Like

Re: Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing by lipman1122: 6:11pm On Dec 26, 2016
No time to write stories in comment today. Just to wish everyone a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year in advance. Ojasweb Digital Solution wishes you all a joyous celebration.
Re: Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing by acenazt: 6:15pm On Dec 26, 2016
The days of free money are gone. I have seen street touts fixing portholes for small change. Last last Dem don dey work for their upkeep instead of touting
Re: Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing by HtwoOw: 6:34pm On Dec 26, 2016
God has helped us in Nigeria , We should help ourselves

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing by Venusman(m): 7:09pm On Dec 26, 2016
Bolster:
A Roman Poet called Horace once said that "adversity reveals genius, prosperity conceals it."

I believe the recession is presently acting as the adversity that is bringing the genius in us. For a long time the prosperity we've enjoyed in form of oil boom has made us lazy and import dependant so much that we never believed we are even capable of producing toothpicks.

But with recession and scarcity of FX for stupid importations we've started looking inward. We've seen the surge in Rice and grains production. In the next 12 months or so we will be exporting Rice instead of importing.

A whole lot of youths are now considering have an acre or two of farmlands to cultivate. I've personally spoken to few seriously planning to start farming in 2017 as another stream of income. Benefit of recession.

Adversity is after all, mother of invention.

nice piece. together we can make Nigeria great.
Re: Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing by BigIyanga: 7:20pm On Dec 26, 2016
Venusman:

Op. I haven't read through your prediction and opinions, however, I wouldn't queue behind the opinion that recession will last long as you've predicted based on the following reasons;

1. The recession has strengthened most Nigeria that the level at which they think of survival can not be measured

2. due to the recession this agriculture which Nigeria never believed in is now growing very fast.

3. since salary can no longer pay the regular bill anymore, most Nigerians who use to believe in white collar job have now returned to the entrepreneurial's world.

they have started building their businesses and creating jobs which the government cannot create. this had even gone to the level of changing the orientation of Nigerian parents who had never believed in a child having special skill. you can look at what is happening in the eastern part of Nigeria from Innoson to the whole of Aba made. and all the wonderful Nigeria made rices.

4. Recently, our educational system has introduced a lot of courses which embrace skills acquisition and with this happening to young Nigerians.....the future is bright.

In conclusion, this recession has made us brave and now taking risk and decision to start new thing is no longer problem to Nigeria as it use to be.

God bless Nigeria. wishing us all a prosperous new year and a beautiful boxing day. let's keep fight the good fight.

From Francisdeacn
Only fools would believe that recession is a good thing.
Re: Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing by Gods300men: 7:23pm On Dec 26, 2016
I have always been on d look out for opportunities. Even wen i notice d openings have been reluctant to move. Cos of free money. Dis year have acquired 500acres for agriculture. N will continue to acquire more.
It's not gonna b easy. But will sail thru. Recession isn't good for d economy but it can awaken us n push us.
Re: Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing by prince985(m): 7:24pm On Dec 26, 2016
Venusman:

From Francisdeacn
only when it is temporary
Re: Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing by Venusman(m): 7:56pm On Dec 26, 2016
BigIyanga:

Only fools would believe that recession is a good thing.
Well, everyone is right with his/her opinion
Re: Why I Think Recession Is More Of A Blessing by Venusman(m): 7:57pm On Dec 26, 2016
prince985:
only when it is temporary
so true

(1) (Reply)

"We Will Not Reveal The Whereabouts Of Other Chibok Girls" -- Nigerian Army.. / Fulani Herdsmen Attack: 3 Policemen Killed, 2 Missing In Adamawa - TruDigest.com / Buhari Now I Know You Dont Like The Masses

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.