Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,747 members, 7,837,715 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:51 AM

Where Is Huxley? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Where Is Huxley? (1108 Views)

A Chalenge For Huxley,kay 17,ogaga4luv And Other Atheists And Satanists / A Call For Prayer For These Nairalanders- Huxley, Nimshi, Krayola Etc: / The Transformation Of Huxley? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Where Is Huxley? by Cyberfreak(f): 11:06pm On Nov 18, 2009
I miss his posts.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by PastorAIO: 11:08pm On Nov 18, 2009
Me too. And to think that many of us used to find him pesky. Perhaps we will one day miss Abuzola too.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by keeptalkin(m): 11:36pm On Nov 18, 2009
MISS ABUZOLA!!! angry angry THAT IS ONE PERSON I BELIEVE NAIRALAND WON'T MISS angry angry
Re: Where Is Huxley? by Cyberfreak(f): 12:57am On Nov 19, 2009
Huxley once said a time would come when he would leave NL permanently. That is probably what he has done.
Hmm. Religion section has changed. Gone are the days of bitter/ferocious fighting between osisi, babs747, KAG, huxley, davidylan etc. It's not a bad thing though.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by bawomolo(m): 1:25am On Nov 19, 2009
KAG and Davidylan are still around.  David has being busy for academic reasons.

osisi is being silenced by the muslim mafia lol
Re: Where Is Huxley? by Tudor6(f): 7:20am On Nov 19, 2009
I have reliable information huxley would soon be back. . . .he's just been busy. Take heart y'all. . . .
Re: Where Is Huxley? by Cyberfreak(f): 7:41am On Nov 19, 2009
^^^Oh good. Was thinking he'd never return.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by PastorAIO: 9:51am On Nov 19, 2009
For he's a jolly good fellow
For he's a jolly good fellow
For he's a jolly good fe e lloooooow
And so say all of us!

Please come back soon Huxley!

1 Like

Re: Where Is Huxley? by VALIDATOR: 2:39pm On Nov 19, 2009
It is nice to know that despite all our differences, many ant-huxley people still miss him.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by RiffRaff: 4:40pm On Nov 20, 2009
i so miss him.

huxley, if u are reading this, come back.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by sarmy(m): 6:18pm On Nov 20, 2009
Can someone find out his whereabout,

or has he given his life to God in repentance?

hope he's OK
Re: Where Is Huxley? by Nobody: 6:21pm On Nov 20, 2009
perhaps he discovered the truth.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
^Yes, perhaps he discovered the true religion, Islam and is too shy to come and tell us about it.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 20, 2009
^Yes, perhaps he discovered the true religion, Islam and is too shy to come and tell us about it.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Nov 20, 2009
fellis:

hilarious . . . did he discover this "true religion" somewhere in Afghanistan or Pakistan?
Re: Where Is Huxley? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 20, 2009
^how should I know where he discovered it? Am I huxley? Shuo.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by huxley(m): 10:34am On Nov 21, 2009
Huxley is back.

Many, Many, Many thanks for the nice comments.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by Tudor6(f): 10:41am On Nov 21, 2009
You see, i told y'all huxley would be back.
Welcome back huxley.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by Tudor6(f): 10:42am On Nov 21, 2009
And pls confirm to the likes of davidylan and fellis that you're yet to revert to their religion of lies.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by huxley(m): 11:08am On Nov 21, 2009
Tudór:

And pls confirm to the likes of davidylan and fellis that you're yet to revert to their religion of lies.

Absolutely NEVER EVER NEVER reverting to any form of superstitions. I have been away from NL for many reasons. Suffice to say, I have been thinking about new perspectives of dealing with superstitions, religions, irrationalisms. I have been doing plenty of research in a bid to find a new "voice" or new way of addressing the issues that could be more relevant to modern religionists and people interested in investigating myths/religions/superstitions. Further, I have been thinking about ways of making scientific rationalism and philosophy more accessible or amenible only Africans. To this end, I have been spending plenty of my spare time researching areas such as:

The metaphysics of Culture
Spread of Religion as a meme
Neuroscience - how the brain is materially affected by cultural behaviours such as learning, deprivation, ascetism, etc, etc
Moral philosophy
African religions

Over the last few months, I have been accummulating a respectable bibliography of books and materials on these subjects. SO most of my spare time has been taken invested in trying to give this research some shape and structure. So I shall be dipping in and out of NL and time permits.

One interesting observation - When the atheists are not on NL, the religious mice come out to play, with their hands on each others throads. Not only are there these inter-theistic fights, the overall standard of discussion takes a nose-dive. Looks like this speaks well of the demeanour of the atheists.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by PastorAIO: 11:52am On Nov 21, 2009
huxley:

Absolutely NEVER EVER NEVER reverting to any form of superstitions. I have been away from NL for many reasons. Suffice to say, I have been thinking about new perspectives of dealing with superstitions, religions, irrationalisms. I have been doing plenty of research in a bid to find a new "voice" or new way of addressing the issues that could be more relevant to modern religionists and people interested in investigating myths/religions/superstitions. Further, I have been thinking about ways of making scientific rationalism and philosophy more accessible or amenible only Africans. To this end, I have been spending plenty of my spare time researching areas such as:

Neuroscience - how the brain is materially affected by cultural behaviours such as learning, deprivation, ascetism, etc, etc
Moral philosophy
African religions

Over the last few months, I have been accummulating a respectable bibliography of books and materials on these subjects. SO most of my spare time has been taken invested in trying to give this research some shape and structure. So I shall be dipping in and out of NL and time permits.

One interesting observation - When the atheists are not on NL, the religious mice come out to play, with their hands on each others throads. Not only are there these inter-theistic fights, the overall standard of discussion takes a nose-dive. Looks like this speaks well of the demeanour of the atheists.

Huxley yo yo yo
Huxley yo yo yo
Huxley yo yo yo

Oya, open up some interesting new topics for us to discuss jare. I'm interested particularly in the metaphysics of culture. Also keen to find out what you've surmised about African religions.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by noetic15(m): 12:28pm On Nov 21, 2009
huxley:

Moral philosophy
African religions

blah blah blah

the same thing happens when opinionated xtians ignore the forum.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by wirinet(m): 1:52pm On Nov 21, 2009
huxley:

Moral philosophy
African religions

I share the same vision as you, I had research also along those lines, except The metaphysics of Culture, and i honestly feel the greatest problems confronting Africans especially Nigerians is a proliferation of Religion. We seem to be a dumping ground for all manner of religions especially all variations of Christianity and Islam.

I feel that until we throw away or at least reduce the influence of those two religions on our national life, we will forever remain backwards. We waste way to much time in Prayer in churches and mosques and less time on productivity, to actually develop. If not for oil, we would be worse of than neighbouring countries.
Re: Where Is Huxley? by bawomolo(m): 7:25pm On Nov 21, 2009
oh he is back. hurray
Re: Where Is Huxley? by BADLEE: 7:35pm On Nov 21, 2009
Yesooooooo, Huxle my man, Huxle how is your daughter ?
Re: Where Is Huxley? by VALIDATOR: 1:29pm On Dec 18, 2009
Oh.So, he is back. Welcome huxley.

(1) (Reply)

Free Wallpaper / Hell Fire: Does It Really Exist? / Is there Any Prayer We Are Not Permited To Pray But Jesus Only?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.