Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,076 members, 7,953,291 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 01:37 PM

Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo - Food (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo (26599 Views)

5 Delicious Dishes From Across Africa / Well Packaged Nigerian Dishes.. / Top 10 Best Nigerian Dishes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by YourNemesis: 10:39am On Jan 14, 2017
femi4:
Isapa soup

What is that Ishapa in English sef?
Aren't they they Hibiscus petals?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by nwaanambra1(m): 10:41am On Jan 14, 2017
the opp doesn't know anything about biterleaf soup!

Biterleaf soup is the ultimate soup!

a well prepared biterleaf soup with well fermented ogili to boost its medicinal value is equal to the ultimate cure!

biterleaf soup is the reason why Anambra people live very long!

a well prepared biterleaf soup with full condiments of azu asa or mangala and fresh meat from the the laps of a matured cow multiplies a mans life span by 100%!

anambra people are the ultimate performers in bed because biterleaf soup keeps our manhood kampe and help us produce strong children with ako na uche! thats why you can hardly see any nwa anambra that is useless! cool

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by YourNemesis: 10:41am On Jan 14, 2017
Afam4eva:
I'm just not fond of Ewedu. It's too bland for my liking.

That is why you take it with something that has plenty of meat, fish, crayfish, seafood etc.
Some just add stew though... which is too bland for me as well.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by babyfaceafrica: 10:44am On Jan 14, 2017
Gflat:
I wish to get married to a Igbo woman. I love me some afang, banga or ejikinko soups smiley
are this Igbo soup? Get well

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by yom2(m): 10:44am On Jan 14, 2017
kennygee:

Afang and banga are not Igbo soups.

Afang is from cross river, banga is from Edo abs Delta.
ibos also have their version; ofe aku

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by hahn(m): 10:45am On Jan 14, 2017
anonymuz:
this OP u know no say reccesion dey? I want prepare egusi soup now and I just set calculate 1500 for just two of us o. I beg I dey salivate now.

1 cup of egusi - N100
Ugwu - N50
Red oil - N100(You won't use everything)
Stock fish - N100
Pomo - N100
Meat - N500
Dry fish N100
Pepper - N50
Onion - N50
Fufu - N200

You will still have change for soft drinks if you already have kerosene or cooking gas
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Coldfeet(f): 10:46am On Jan 14, 2017
wink2015:
Nice Nigerian dishes! but you can still not do without the foreign bites! Here is a good example for you here!

Burgers are an American classic but they're often loaded with fat and calories. The good news is that there are a lot of easy ways to create delicious, low-calorie burger patties.

READ MORE HERE: http://url2it.com/epngac
We are talking about swallows you are bringing up this mendemende fear God o .

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 14, 2017
Op, i heard okro can increase a man's chances of having prostate cancer, and so it's not advisable that men eat it often, how true is that?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by madridguy(m): 10:52am On Jan 14, 2017
I wish a lady can volunteer herself to come and cook better Egusi soup for me tongue awaiting for any magic hand in Lagos.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by yom2(m): 10:54am On Jan 14, 2017
soath:
Best 3 among these are bitter leaf, melon and garden egg soup.

Meanwhile I wonder how many are comfortable using fork for swallow sad. #MyOpinion
i cherish ugu vegetable soup especialy when garnished with other soup; egusi, ogbona, stew. Okra and stew is also great

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by ettacool(m): 10:57am On Jan 14, 2017
Ahhh I don d salivate sef angry angry angry
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by jericco1(m): 10:57am On Jan 14, 2017
sojayy:
masturbator spotted !!!!
lol na you sabi oh
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by femi4: 11:00am On Jan 14, 2017
YourNemesis:

What is that Ishapa in English sef?
Aren't they they Hibiscus petals?
Roselle plant
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by hollywater: 11:02am On Jan 14, 2017
I don't like Ewedu please.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by ndcide(m): 11:59am On Jan 14, 2017
Gflat:
I wish to get married to a Igbo woman. I love me some afang, banga or ejikinko soups smiley

Good for you but bear in mind that the percentage of ladies with excellent cooking skills have reduced greatly. Whether igbo, yoruba or hausas, the standard have reduced
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Noneroone(m): 12:39pm On Jan 14, 2017
Sanchez01:

Afang and Edikang Ikong Soup are delicacies owned by Akwa Ibom and Cross River, just as the Banga soup is native to Deltans. The perverted version called 'Ofaku' is what the Igbos prepare. We would say they are 'borrowed' soups to the Igbos.

Almost every soup out there is nutritional. Picking these few foods/soups is not enough.
one can easily notice your inferiority from your post. Igbos have been eating ofe akwu centuries before banga ever became a cocortion. Most good soups you see including egusi are all originally Igbo soup.

banga ko fireworks ni

2 Likes

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Kfed4ril(m): 12:42pm On Jan 14, 2017
kennygee:

Afang and banga are not Igbo soups.

Afang is from cross river, banga is from Edo and Delta.

Have you heard of ofe akwu before?

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Kfed4ril(m): 12:46pm On Jan 14, 2017
Sanchez01:

Afang and Edikang Ikong Soup are delicacies owned by Akwa Ibom and Cross River, just as the Banga soup is native to Deltans. The perverted version called 'Ofaku' is what the Igbos prepare. We would say they are 'borrowed' soups to the Igbos.

Almost every soup out there is nutritional. Picking these few foods/soups is not enough.

Guy it's not ofaku its ofe akwu.
And it's not borrowed we igbos prepare it as stew to be taken with rice while the deltans prepare it as soup to be taken with swallow

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by mercylicious234: 1:45pm On Jan 14, 2017
Have u prepared okro soup with bitterleaf? Na my hubby teach me DT one and since then its been our combo. U will know okro with okazi is still a learner. Use roasted fish to prepare it.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by lilyheaven: 1:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
How can garden egg be used for soup?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by AkinPhysicist: 2:20pm On Jan 14, 2017
Gflat:

And when did those soups become Ibo soups? Stop believing Ipob lies. Afang is Akwa-Cross; banga is Urhobo/Warri
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by AkinPhysicist: 2:22pm On Jan 14, 2017
Afam4eva:
I'm just not fond of Ewedu. It's too bland for my liking.

cheesy Who ask you? Busy body. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Lordave: 2:25pm On Jan 14, 2017
Sanchez01:

Stop talking nonsense. There's nothing perverted to about Igbo ofe akwu.

We eat it with rice while Deltans eat with pounced yam or any kind of swallow.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by AkinPhysicist: 2:27pm On Jan 14, 2017
Noneroone:
one can easily notice your inferiority from your post. Igbos have been eating ofe akwu centuries before banga ever became a cocortion. Most good soups you see including egusi are all originally Igbo soup.
banga ko fireworks ni

taa...you can lie...

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by AkinPhysicist: 2:29pm On Jan 14, 2017
cheesy Igbos will not only grab land they are now grabbing soups on this thread cheesy

1 Like

Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Chanchit: 9:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
@Sanchez01 do you speak Yoruba or understand little of it?
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Sanchez01: 10:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
Chanchit:
@Sanchez01 do you speak Yoruba or understand little of it?
I understand Yoruba language perfectly cheesy
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Sanchez01: 10:08pm On Jan 14, 2017
Kfed4ril:

Guy it's not ofaku its ofe akwu.
And it's not borrowed we igbos prepare it as stew to be taken with rice while the deltans prepare it as soup to be taken with swallow
Thanks for the correction. cheesy

I'll give an instance; imagine the Hausas using Ofe Onugbo (my favourite Igbo soup grin) as stew, it still does not change the fact that its origin is not Hausa. Here are some things to note;

1. The ingredients used (say Ofe Onugbo, the leaves and other necessary ingredients, such as the cocoyam, which is alien to the Hausas).
2. Ties of such foods, betterstill, variations of such foods (what you use as stew is the signature soup of Deltans).

Palm fruits are not alien to Igbos, for sure, but then again, it is only someone who is new to foods that would assume the Ofe akwu is not a variation to the Banga Soup of the South-South folks.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Chanchit: 10:16pm On Jan 14, 2017
Sanchez01:

I understand Yoruba language perfectly cheesy

Lolz! Good. I know Modath understands Yoruba too. I would say my reason for asking maybe next week or the week that follows.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Sanchez01: 10:18pm On Jan 14, 2017
Chanchit:

Lolz! Good. I know Modath understands Yoruba too. I would say my reason for asking maybe next week or the week that follows.
Alright then cheesy
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by Kfed4ril(m): 12:20am On Jan 15, 2017
Sanchez01:

Thanks for the correction. cheesy

I'll give an instance; imagine the Hausas using Ofe Onugbo (my favourite Igbo soup grin) as stew, it still does not change the fact that its origin is not Hausa. Here are some things to note;

1. The ingredients used (say Ofe Onugbo, the leaves and other necessary ingredients, such as the cocoyam, which is alien to the Hausas).
2. Ties of such foods, betterstill, variations of such foods (what you use as stew is the signature soup of Deltans).

Palm fruits are not alien to Igbos, for sure, but then again, it is only someone who is new to foods that would assume the Ofe akwu is not a variation to the Banga Soup of the South-South folks.

Bro believe me it's not borrowed, being the signature soup of the deltans doesn't mean it's originated from Deltans. For a example I have a friend from edo state who once told me that their signature soup is egusi(from here part of edo state o) but we all know the origin of egusi soup.
Re: Top 5 Nigerian Dishes With Health Benefits By Mz Irawo by modath(f): 8:21am On Jan 15, 2017
Chanchit:

Lolz! Good. I know Mo understands Yoruba too. I would say my reason for asking maybe next week or the week that follows.

Hello

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is It Wrong Or Rather Unhealthy To Eat Indomie Raw? / Man Dies After Drinking 20 Sachets Of Gin In N500 Bet / Bournvita Vs Milo: Which One Do You Prefer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.