Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,697 members, 7,809,637 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:22 PM

My Experience As A Young Prince, Oba-elect Abeeb Adesina Faronbi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / My Experience As A Young Prince, Oba-elect Abeeb Adesina Faronbi (1716 Views)

Prince Gbadegesin Ogunoye, Olowo Of Owo - Elect Bows Out Of Public Service / Rukayat Adeteju Adeyemi And Hakeem Adesina Folarin’s Wedding Photos / Interview With Oba-elect In Kosofe Federal Constituency, Prince Abeeb Adeyemi Fa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

My Experience As A Young Prince, Oba-elect Abeeb Adesina Faronbi by themomentng: 6:44pm On Dec 27, 2016
Prince Abeeb Adesina Faronbi is an oba elect in Lagos State. A chieftain of the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC) and humanitarian socialite, Aremooba Faronbi, in this interview, shares his life and business successes, including his rare experience as a young prince. Enjoy…

What keeps you busy as a socialite?
Well, I belong to so many social and philanthropic organizations such as Rotary Club of Isolo, District 9110, Nigeria of which I was a past president, between 2009 and 2010. We meet regularly to discuss how to assist the less-privileged in our society by providing such social amenities as drinkable bore-holes water, wheel chairs for the physically challenged, eye-screening and provision of eye glasses. We also provide desks and benches‎ for schools and we give free medicals and medical assistance to the needy and we help to alleviate the sufferings of the inhabitants. It is done weekly and it keeps me so busy from engaging in trivial-issues.

Tell us about the experience of being a royal prince.
The experiences are indeed varying depending on your standing in the society. A prince must have a large heart to understand the problems of his people and must be ready at all times to assist them. And again, this also depends on your capability financially. And it is also prestigious to be a financially buoyant prince because you will always be accorded that royal honour‎. But you must always cut your clothes according to the size of your fabric. Above all, royalty commands respectability, honour and grace. Therefore, princes and princesses are expected to be up-and-doing‎ positively in all ramifications to contribute positively to their communities, socially, politically and economically.

Please, share interesting moments of your growing up.
My growing up was interesting. Like you know, I was born into royal dynasties of Isolo, Ewu, ejigbo, Iba, Eletu Iwashe, Akesan and Adoyi Alashe chieftaincy, royal families in Lagos State some sixty years ago. I am therefore a heir apparent to the thrones of my forefathers. I’m a thoroughbred crown prince of Lagos of Awori descent. Hence I’m always referred to as a crown prince of Awori dynasty. I didn’t stay with my parents during my youth days and even in adulthood because my parents believed I might be pampered beyond redemption. I started my early education at Ansar-ud-deen Primary School, Isolo, Lagos in 1967. But my father in his wisdom later sent me to live with one of my maternal uncles in Agege, Lagos where I attended St. Peter’s Blessed School, Oke Koto, Agege‎ between 1967 and 1973. I later went to Federal Government College, Ilorin, Kwara State ‎between 1973 and 1976 before I was later transferred to Federal Government College, Malali, Kaduna between 1977 and 1980. After that, I travelled to America to study Business Administration at Wayne County College, Detroit, Michigan. Though I was born a prince, I gave‎ myself a rebirth which eventually shaped my life and the good legacies I inherited from my late father, His Royal Majesty, Oba Disu Olayiwola Akanni arimole bi osupa Faronbi Arolagbade Alagbeji 11, the Osolo of Isolo kingdom.

You are already sixty years of age. Is there anything you are missing now that you wish to have before clocking 70 years in life?
Nothing. Alhamdulillah (thanking God). I’m blessed with good family, friends and above all, good health. With all these, every other good thing will surely fall in place in sha Allah.

Tell us about your private ventures and journey in politics.
Politically, I have been elected the chairman of ward F1, Isolo under the defunct Social Democratic Party (SDP) in 1983. I was chairmanship flag bearer also for SDP in Oshodi Isolo lga in 1993. Likewise, I was chairmanship flag bearer for the Grassroots Democratic Movement (GDM) in 1997. I was a House of Assembly flag bearer for the Congress for National Consensus (CNC) in 1997. In 1998, I was elected the publicity secretary for the All People’s Congress (APP) in Oshodi Isolo lga. I was leader in the Alliance for Democracy (AD) in 1998. Also, I was a leader in the Action Congress of Nigeria (ACN) in 2006. From 2014 till date, I’m a leader in the All Progressives Congress (APC). I was appointed by former Governor Ahmed Bola Tinubu of Lagos State to serve in his cabinet as a commissioner in the Lagos State local government service commission where I was able to inject some five hundred Awori indigenes into the Lagos State civil service. This was done through the magnanimity of Asiwaju Tinubu. Business-wise, I’m by the special grace of God the CEO/President of various ventures which include Crown Prince Company Nigeria Limited, Dilafar Company Nigeria Limited, Mama Okiki & Son’s Nigeria Limited, and Prince & Princess Ventures.

As a crown prince, what are the royal titles that you presently bear?
I’m the Aremo Oba Osolo of Isolo kingdom. I’m the Oriomooba of Aworiland. I’m the Oloriebi Adoyi Alashe chieftaincy family of Lagos and I was recently appointed as the oba elect of Oke Alo which covers Gagada, Pedro, Mende, Anthony, Maryland, Kosofe, lga in Lagos State.

What are the qualities that you have that you think attract people to you?
I think that question should go directly to my: friends, loved-ones, well-wishers, colleagues, admirers and family-members. I’m like a mirror. I can only see myself when I look into the standing mirror but someone else can only tell me genuinely how I look behind me. That’s the truth.

What’s your greatest fear and how do you manage fear?
I don’t have any phobia. I take God almighty as my shield; therefore no weapons fashioned against me shall prosper. God is my protector, my alpha and omega. With Him all things are possible for me.

How do you relax and what is your favourite music brand?
Well, relaxation keh? (laughter). Honestly, I don’t actually have a regular relaxation period. But I sleep a lot and I don’t allow anybody wakes me up when I sleep which usually takes place in the midnight. I don’t do siesta too and it is even worse when i travelled.

Who are your role models, socially and business wise?
My parents are my role models. They brought me to the world, raised me and they gave me bread, butter and shaped my characteristics ‎to be useful positively to the society. There are no better role models.

You should have female admirers. Tell us how you manage women who want beyond business relationship?
Yes o! (general laughter). Well, I know when to say ‘madam, I am sorry I’m not single, I’m happily married with children.

Where do you love to spend your vacations with your family?
Alhamdulillahi robili allaminah (thanking God). Because God almighty gave me a wonderful and understanding family, we sometimes spend our holidays in Dubai, United States of America or the United Kingdom.

(1) (Reply)

Accelerationism / Let Us Talk About Enyi Ure, The Wickedness Of Igbos Against Humanity / Pronounce This Efik Name

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.