Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,216 members, 7,818,730 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:18 PM

I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. (12419 Views)

Riots: Indians Accused Of Molesting Female Workers In Atiku's Company In Yola / How Do I Tackle This At My Work Place? / Modern Work Place Vs Old Work Place: Why New Firms Are Taking Over (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by VanDre(m): 9:56pm On Dec 27, 2016
I recently got employed as a barman at a hotel,all has been fine until yesterday when i received a call from my supervisor (my shift had ended so i was home relaxing) asking me if i had seen his jean he'd washed and hanged at the backyard, i told him no he should check well, he then said i should check my bag ( i normally carry my laptop bag to work where i keep my valuables and occasionally i use it bring my laundry from home) just to be sure i checked my bag and didn't see his jean, he ended the call when i told him nothing was in the bag.

Fast forward this morning he called again and said i should "check my room for his jean",i got pissed but i controlled my anger and told him his jean wasn't with me.

When i got to work , he didn't confront me but was making sidetalks saying, i should bring is expensive jeans that he bought it very expensive.
I tried ignoring him, since he didn't say it directly, but i got angry and couldn't take it anymore, so i told him to stop making nasty statements and not to say something he wasn't sure of. He then shrugged and said he didn't call my name oo and continued with the sidetalks.

Later in the day when my boss came, he reported the matter to him, i guess my boss probably told him that's his business or something cos after that he started threatening me that he'll get back at me and I'll see. I just ignored him but now my coworkers are "looking at me one kind" like im guilty.
I've never had issues with him before, instead i thought we were "flowing" cos we related well.

There nlanders i don't want to do something I'll later regret so please tell me what step i should take next.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by fabraham(m): 10:05pm On Dec 27, 2016
Keep your friend close and your enemy closer

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by Barney11: 10:06pm On Dec 27, 2016
if ur clean just mind ur work, they will turn around.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by AK6464(m): 10:08pm On Dec 27, 2016
Ignore him

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Dec 27, 2016
AK6464:
Ignore him
this is just one side of the story which is insufficient for judgement

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by SuperSuave(m): 11:10pm On Dec 27, 2016
Im wondering Why he has the impression that you stole it

6 Likes

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by AK6464(m): 11:45pm On Dec 27, 2016
carmag:

this is just one side of the story which is insufficient for judgement

If he didn't carry the Jeans and the overall boss doesn't doesn't have to problem with him then he should ignore every other factor

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by VanDre(m): 12:11am On Dec 28, 2016
SuperSuave:
Im wondering Why he has the impression that you stole it
That's what baffling me
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by emmanuel596(m): 7:05am On Dec 28, 2016
It's a very painful thing to be accused falsely...op jst meet that guy one on one and talk things out with him...clear yourself and watch your back....and be careful of who you call your friends at work place...and make sure u always put and eye on your laptop bag so that they won't set u up by stealing something and putting it in your bag or better still don't take the bag to work again

119 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by nmreports: 7:05am On Dec 28, 2016
Wow. Pele...
Dont worry about it.. It will pass.

What can you do?
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by ITEKEM: 7:06am On Dec 28, 2016
You're a Thief Just like Bu hari
angry

2 Likes

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by HopeAlive14(m): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2016
Allow him some time and thereafter go to him and tell him that you did not steal his jeans.

There is no need brewing bad blood with your colleagues.

Nobody knows where we will meet tomorrow.

7 Likes

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by Kondomatic(m): 7:07am On Dec 28, 2016
ITEKEM:
angry
And you're brainless just like him

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by passyhansome(m): 7:08am On Dec 28, 2016
Look into his eye ball and tell him you didn't and won't steal.

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by kolajoo(m): 7:09am On Dec 28, 2016
Life of a hustler

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by knight05(m): 7:09am On Dec 28, 2016
g
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by skelewu404(m): 7:09am On Dec 28, 2016
Y is he suspecting u
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by gerrardomendes(m): 7:10am On Dec 28, 2016
don't answer him. completely ignore him. don't try to defend yourself. he will be scared. its a mind game

.from a cerebral assassin

4 Likes

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by Deem: 7:11am On Dec 28, 2016
Ignore

2 Likes

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by myked(m): 7:11am On Dec 28, 2016
AK6464:

If he didn't carry the Jeans and the overall boss doesn't doesn't have to problem with him then he should ignore every other factor

Audi alteram partem......... Listen to the other side of every story b4 u judge

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by Nobody: 7:11am On Dec 28, 2016
a clear mind fears no accussation... but do you know anything about that jeans? this recession sef?? jean kwa? I dont blame you or your supervisor... i blame Buhari

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by Addicted2Women: 7:12am On Dec 28, 2016

You definitely know something about it or you're know to have such behavior

14 years ago, i had no money and was very poor but back then millionaires talk to me with respect, even if i stay in the room by myself and some money gets lost, no one will ask me shiit

You have itchy fingers
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by Innodon(m): 7:12am On Dec 28, 2016
He must Hv a reason to suspect you
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by dyangprof(m): 7:13am On Dec 28, 2016
ITEKEM:
angry

u bad o
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by buoye1(m): 7:13am On Dec 28, 2016
Just let it slide Biko and don't try to explain to anyone you're innocent, the more you try the less they understand... Just do your thing

2 Likes

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by Kingso23: 7:13am On Dec 28, 2016
embarassed
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by realGURU(m): 7:15am On Dec 28, 2016
mhm
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by FuckTheMod: 7:20am On Dec 28, 2016
Ehya
Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by ArabMopol(m): 7:20am On Dec 28, 2016
Op if u are 100% sure that u are innocent and they still insist on their claim, sue them to ogwugwu akpu alusi okija and watched them bow on their kneels before you..... I'm pure African man and I don't take false accusations lightly

1 Like

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by victorazy(m): 7:22am On Dec 28, 2016
Have experienced something like this long time ago and it can be painful.

Mine was cash when I was working in a business centre in PH. The girl told our madam that she kept money and didn't see it the following day, all of them tot I was the one that took it and the funniest thing was that I came work with fried hair and new phone the following day. grin (coincidence) Madam said "I stole the money used it to jerycoil my hair) grin that's was how I lost the job.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Being Accused Of Theft At My Work Place. by ItzHoludex(m): 7:22am On Dec 28, 2016
ignore him, he will find his jeans somewhere else den get ashamed and apologize

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

8 Things Exceptional Bosses Constantly Tell Their Employees / Which Is Easier To Pass Toefl O Ielts / Ozak Esu Makes Telegraph’s “Top 50 Women In Engineering” List

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.