Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,151 members, 7,953,579 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 07:33 PM

Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting - Agriculture (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting (29091 Views)

Enugu Govt. Begins Distribution Of Cashew Seedlings To Farmers / Yam Cultivation Investment / Continuation...yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting by soil9: 10:12pm On Aug 29, 2017
mascottboy:
Pls oo, can i use chicken manure to apply my yam, nd of hw many month can apply dem.
chicken manure may not be safe for your crop unless u do composting. u can however use cow dung or Takiforce from Jubaili Agrotec
Re: Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting by Abojupupa: 11:21pm On Sep 20, 2017
Abojupupa:
Where will you get stakes for the yam seedlings when they start crawling?
Please, explain this. Or is it not necessary when the yam tendrils start crawling?
Re: Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting by Gadgetmobil(m): 11:48pm On Sep 21, 2017
Following
Re: Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting by Imoala: 6:51pm On Oct 15, 2017
Staking of yam is necessary to help the yam leaves receive enough sunlight for optimum production
Re: Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting by Gadgetmobil(m): 7:46am On Oct 07, 2019
Keep this going
Re: Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting by Nobody: 10:13pm On Dec 13, 2019
Imoala:
Staking of yam is necessary to help the yam leaves receive enough sunlight for optimum production
I just wish this post is still alive. Am about to plant yams now in Edo state. My heaps are ready but I dont want to make any mistake. I already bought yam tubers. Should I wait till January or I can go ahead and plant now?
Re: Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting by alakhumeorobo: 2:28am On May 04, 2020
I lost my nairaland account, so I had to open another one, you can still reach me on alakhumeorobo thanks
Re: Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting by Petyr1: 10:32am On Sep 04, 2020
Imoala:

Yea my brother good question, is not compulsory but its necessary, ashes or palm oil rubbed on the fresh faces of the yam will deprive microbes from the soil to come close to the yam seedlings inside the heaps until they germinate
Ashes help to turn the immediate soil area of the yam seedlings to alkaline which microbes abhor alot
Apart from the hot sun that spoils yam seedlings the next spoiler is microbes,
can i use Palm oil and Ashes together? I have already rub with palm oil but I feel like rubbing with Ashes to be on a safer side
Also can I plant now (September) since raining back now although I'm experimenting the planting

alakhumeorobo you are needed
Re: Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting by Petyr1: 10:37am On Sep 04, 2020
alakhumeorobo:
I lost my nairaland account, so I had to open another one, you can still reach me on alakhumeorobo thanks
check this thread and reply
Re: Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting by alakhumeorobo: 7:36am On Oct 09, 2020
You can call me on 08065560801
Re: Yam Cultivation From Seedlings To Planting And Harvesting by alakhumeorobo: 7:38am On Oct 09, 2020
That number is also my whatsap account

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Nairalanders Palm Oil Mill / Maize Farmers Only / Pictures Of Obasanjo Encouraging Young Farmers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.