Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,159 members, 7,811,349 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:52 AM

Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone (19067 Views)

Bobrisky Finally Show Off His/her Rich Boo, Man Behind His/her Sudden Wealth. / Don Jazzy Given 24 Hours To Follow Back On Instagram By Fan Or.. / 12 Pics That Show That Olamide Is Taking Nigerian Fashion To Another Level (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by Nobody: 2:07pm On Dec 28, 2016
safarigirl:
she's just a very pretty girl who happens to be dark-skinned, just like there are very pretty girls who happen to be light-skinned.

What me I have issues with, is the pity party some have formed with this whole melanin rush that they now glorify even average looking people as gorgeous beyond words, just cuz they are dark.

We shouldn't give anyone a pass in the looks department just cuz of their skin color. They do same thing with light-skinned people, some ugly light skin girl will be called pretty just cuz of her skin color.

Abeg, some of us get brown skin, and we don't get any passes. Remember us in your melanin battles
Point taken. Actually, we should give everyone a pass in the looks department. Good looks are 99% genetic luck.
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by Nobody: 2:16pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nixiepie:
falling ko flying ni

I no be chichi na

Na only chichi dey trip for gal?

tongue
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by Nixiepie(f): 2:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
2kaybiel:

Na only chichi dey trip for gal?

tongue
yelsh na
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by Nobody: 2:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nixiepie:
yelsh na

That's funny grin
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by Fidelismaria: 3:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Dis gurl again

Na only she black?

Abeg enuff of d over hypin
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by s8meon: 6:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
FREE FIXED MATCHES FOR A WEEK.

YOU DONT HAVE TO PAY A KOBO. JOIN THE LINK BELOW.

1ST 50 TO JOIN GETS ADDED TO THE VIP GROUP.

https:///9zujK6GFukDCdRKZaMfasi

© BANKER PUNTERS.
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by megawax8: 6:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
This girl is really pretty.

MeLikey
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by Nobody: 7:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
zarakay:
She's cute..her skin colour is beautiful as well

But if she shows up in your room in the middle of the night, will she still be "cute"?
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by Bahddo(m): 7:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
This girl fine sha smiley
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by zarakay(f): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
Haute:

But if she shows up in your room in the middle of the night, will she still be "cute"?

Of course cheesy
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by halimi26: 8:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
safarigirl:
she's just a very pretty girl who happens to be dark-skinned, just like there are very pretty girls who happen to be light-skinned.

What me I have issues with, is the pity party some have formed with this whole melanin rush that they now glorify even average looking people as gorgeous beyond words, just cuz they are dark.

We shouldn't give anyone a pass in the looks department just cuz of their skin color They do same thing with light-skinned people, some ugly light skin girl will be called pretty just cuz of her skin color.

Abeg, some of us get brown skin, and we don't get any passes. Remember us in your melanin battles

Why must you always bring up your low-self esteem issues to every post of yours on this forum??
Take this thread for example,many people are here discussing a dark-skinned beauty&you're here desiring people to take note of your "brown-skinned loveliness"??
FACT:You are physically unattractive in terms of your face&body.If you like,be dark-skinned,light,asian,hispanic it doesn't matter.You will still be considered ugly by many.Thesame can't be said about the lady on this thread,make her any skintone&race,she'll still be stunning.
My advice to you is to handle your self esteem issues by yourself&quit trying to make them everyone elses'

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by sleek440(m): 9:47pm On Dec 28, 2016
diz one wey be like horror muvi
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by bukatyne(f): 10:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
safarigirl:

We shouldn't give anyone a pass in the looks department just cuz of their skin color. They do same thing with light-skinned people, some ugly light skin girl will be called pretty just cuz of her skin color.

kiss

Interestingly, they are doing same thing they claim fair people are doing...

What on earth is 'black is beautiful'....

Is 'white' or 'green' ugly?

Does a complexion or colour have the capacity to be ugly or beautiful on its own?
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by safarigirl(f): 12:28am On Dec 29, 2016
bukatyne:

kiss

Does a complexion or colour have the capacity to be ugly or beautiful on its own?

My sister, honestly...I don't even think they realize the hypocrisy in their actions.

It gets annoying these days when you go on the net and all you see is a bunch of inferiority complex goons shoving one average looking dark girl in your face as a 'melanin goddess'

The funny thing about these their 'melanin' queens is that these gals date pale-skinned guys, like guys who are their stark opposites. Like that Senegalese girl, Diop or something, the one who made NL frontpage some months ago cuz of how dark she is, her boyfriend is white and as pale as any white person can get.

So, I ask, if these girls are so proud of their dark skin, why do they feel the need to date white guys?

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by safarigirl(f): 12:31am On Dec 29, 2016
halimi26:

Why must you always bring up your low-self esteem issues to every post of yours on this forum??
Take this thread for example,many people are here discussing a dark-skinned beauty&you're here desiring people to take note of your "brown-skinned loveliness"??
FACT:You are physically unattractive in terms of your face&body.If you like,be dark-skinned,light,asian,hispanic it doesn't matter.You will still be considered ugly by many.Thesame can't be said about the lady on this thread,make her any skintone&race,she'll still be stunning.
My advice to you is to handle your self esteem issues by yourself&quit trying to make them everyone elses'

you sef, so you still have those anger issues. Find a therapist, all this hate shouldn't be in one person smiley

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
safarigirl:

bukatyne:

kiss

I can see how it would come across as overcompensation to some but darker people tend to get the worst end of the stick when it comes to beauty standards that currently dominate most societies. They aren’t as represented and praised as their lighter counterparts and it’s a form of oppression to the psyche so because of this some people sometimes want to highlight, praise, promote and overall go a little harder for a darker person put to the forefront more since they aren’t as celebrated which is fair enough.

I know that ‘brownskin’ people are discriminated against too btw, black people in general to be honest but unfortunately there’s a skin tone hierarchy and darker people benefit the least if at all.

@OP
Beautiful

2 Likes

Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by safarigirl(f): 7:33pm On Dec 29, 2016
1bkaye:

I can see how it would come across as overcompensation to some but darker people tend to get the worst end of the stick when it comes to beauty standards that currently dominate most societies. They aren’t as represented and praised as their lighter counterparts and it’s a form of oppression to the psyche so because of this some people sometimes want to highlight, praise, promote and overall go a little harder for a darker person put to the forefront more since they aren’t as celebrated which is fair enough.

I know that ‘brownskin’ people are discriminated against too btw, black people in general to be honest but unfortunately there’s a skin tone hierarchy and darker people benefit the least if at all.

@OP
Beautiful

this lady may be dark of skin, but her other features are European in nature. Gimme dark skin, wide nose, full lips...you know, dark skin with black features like Alek Wek...easy to praise this lady. She's pretty dark or light.

I understand though.
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by Nobody: 8:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
safarigirl:

this lady may be dark of skin, but her other features are European in nature. Gimme dark skin, wide nose, full lips...you know, dark skin with black features like Alek Wek...easy to praise this lady. She's pretty dark or light.

I understand though.
Definitely. I agree that features play a role, like colourism, there’s also featurism where ‘thinner’ features may be favoured on black people because of its sometimes supposed proximity to whiteness.

Black people are a diverse group however and are made up of a large range of phenotype variations. We at times have this harmful internalized habit of crediting beauty based on how ‘eurocentric’ it is so whilst she definitely has a slimmer than average black nose (which isn't exclusive to europeans as far as I've observed), her features are still black to me.
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by ShayGirl(f): 10:01pm On Dec 29, 2016
Awwwww...and she'z gat a nice set of shining eyes..
Cute kiss
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by phlamesG: 10:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
LifeofAirforce1:

you could act like you didn't see my comment and move on with your life aight
Guy I just dey observe why people no like you for this forum??
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by Nobody: 10:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
Common, I don't really like her complexion thO.

She's pretty. . I must admit.
But too dark.

Chocolate is ok for me.

#YOLO
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by sunnywinter(f): 1:52am On Dec 30, 2016
safarigirl:

But why do you have an issue with that tho? the people you see as pretty, might be quite average-looking to me; and likewise.
If somebody thinks someone's pretty, it's strictly their opinion and business..
honestly I think extra-dark skin looks amazing, just the same way other people prefer other skin tones..
I think it's a personal thing, really

1 Like

Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by lepasharon(f): 6:04am On Dec 30, 2016
safarigirl:

This!
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by bukatyne(f): 9:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
safarigirl:

My sister, honestly...I don't even think they realize the hypocrisy in their actions.

It gets annoying these days when you go on the net and all you see is a bunch of inferiority complex goons shoving one average looking dark girl in your face as a 'melanin goddess'

The funny thing about these their 'melanin' queens is that these gals date pale-skinned guys, like guys who are their stark opposites. Like that Senegalese girl, Diop or something, the one who made NL frontpage some months ago cuz of how dark she is, her boyfriend is white and as pale as any white person can get.

So, I ask, if these girls are so proud of their dark skin, why do they feel the need to date white guys?

They need the constrast. grin
Re: Beautiful Young Lady Is Taking Instagram By Storm Because Of Her Rich Skin Tone by bukatyne(f): 9:50pm On Dec 30, 2016
1bkaye:

@OP
Beautiful

I get 'lighter' skin tones are preferred everywhere not only in Nigeria however the whole thing sounds patronizing.

Anyways, the girl is beautiful.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Seyi Shay Slays In Ripped Denim For Romantic Post Valentine Shoot [PICS] / How Collins Adeyemi Celebrated His Last Birthday Before His Death / Lilian Esoro Bags An Endorsement Deal With Perfume Empire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.