Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,287 members, 7,846,313 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 01:58 PM

Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes (38760 Views)

16 American And Nigerian Secular Artist Who Were Once Gospel Music Ministers. / Frank Edwards Shares Transformation Photos (Throwback) / Frank Edwards And Actor Williams Uchemba Pictured Together (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Handsomecole(m): 5:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
Nice one there. I'm not against, shake your "bum bum" and pop this pop that songs even when a nation is in poverty.
I'm only particular about its balancing. We have 90% of songs that are too secular all are passing the same message, nudity, prostitution, etc.
Artiste need to balance it up when you have like 10 songs on an Album maybe Four can be party like 3 inspirational 2 gospel and one Love songs.
But just imagine when all the songs are just about pop, pop and shake shake.

2 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by mailingdgreat: 5:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
If u no like the music, na to use cotton block ur ears naaaa
Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Maximus85(m): 5:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
Janetessy:
Every one wants to always be in the news grin

Nice advice tho

At least be in the news for something upbuilding.

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by rowbee(m): 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
Unlike 90% of nigerian "songs", he made perfect sense. For crying out loud, has anyone noticed that nigerian music is mostly about fast beats and lewd lyrics. Nothing original. Please Nigerian artists, get creative!

6 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Nobody: 5:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
I concur with him, too many kpangolo songs these days
Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Nobody: 5:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
I agree with his comments.

But unfortunately many artists will continue to make music with lyrics that cater to the general public because that's what sells. Each individual has to use their own discretion and choose who and what they want to listen to.
Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by hazyfm1: 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
LifeofAirforce1:
Honestly, I didn't read all that.

Then Why Comment?

Are U jobless ?

5 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by SmartyPants(m): 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

Every man to his hustle...brother Frank please mind ya business.

In fact if every Nigerian musician begin sing gospel, competition go choke you oooh...

Try and read well. He never said secular artistes should do gospel.

6 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by eleojo23: 5:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
Fireson:
I heard he smokes... angry

This is not the issue being discussed right now.

4 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by jericco1(m): 5:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
that's why its secular in the first place

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Mskrisx(f): 5:57pm On Dec 28, 2016
Abegiiiiii....shift go front before I shange am for you eh! Mtvheeeeeeeeeew. #Long and dry hiss# angry angry angry

E don dey find wetyn no lost nau!

Shege mavrody abeg na embarassed embarassed

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by wittyt98(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
bros abeg enter bush jhor!

na everybody go be like u? or must everybody listen to praise the lord songs or let Naija be great again songs

tcheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeew

abeg DJ lalasticlacla play me "about the money" by young thug! o jare
Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by EvangelistNdudi(m): 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
Youth patronise this secular singers than old folks, so I will blame church for this

Our churches always focus on old folks (in everything)
But Satan focus on youth, cause he (Satan) knows that once you are able to win the heart of youth then you have win the world,

Satan is using youth to destroy the world but our churches are too blind to see it

This so call secular songs are part of Satanic tools.

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Nobody: 6:00pm On Dec 28, 2016
SmartyPants:

Try and read well. He never said secular artistes should do gospel.

Try and read between the lines and take your sanctimonious hypocrisy to Yaba, take left and go forward about 150m you'd see the same Pharisees as you who give two fvcks...

Remain blessed.
Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Siscooh: 6:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
wise7:
So what is he saying
Stop singing nonsense

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Unlimited22: 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
jericco1:
that's why its secular in the first place
Wrong. Secular doesn't mean sinful. Listen to some foreign artistes songs and u will see the difference.

3 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by lielbree: 6:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
wise7:
So what is he saying
The truth.
Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by real691(m): 6:06pm On Dec 28, 2016
2dugged:
I concur with him, too many kpangolo songs these days
NotOfThis:
I agree with his comments.

But unfortunately many artists will continue to make music with lyrics that cater to the general public because that's what sells. Each individual has to use their own discretion and choose who and what they want to listen to.
Handsomecole:
Nice one there. I'm not against, shake your "bum bum" and pop this pop that songs even when a nation is in poverty.
I'm only particular about its balancing. We have 90% of songs that are too secular all are passing the same message, nudity, prostitution, etc.
Artiste need to balance it up when you have like 10 songs on an Album maybe Four can be party like 3 inspirational 2 gospel and one Love songs.
But just imagine when all the songs are just about pop, pop and shake shake.
[quote author=NotOfThis post=52335657]I agree with his comments.

Nice.......... Most artiste are not driven by passion but fame and cash................ #1mbGone

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

In fact if every Nigerian musician begin sing gospel, competition go choke you oooh...
Darn straight he needs to shit his piehole
Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Nobody: 6:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

Darn straight he needs to shut his piehole
Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Number2(m): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
Fireson:
I heard he smokes... angry
you heard? hmm.
Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Number2(m): 6:11pm On Dec 28, 2016
Janetessy:
for sure

Nice advice tho
Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Number2(m): 6:12pm On Dec 28, 2016
Adiwana:
All Na wash.Must I listen to ur song/or be ur fan for me to be "holy". Just like someonr said,live and let live
he never said you should listen to his songs

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by BerryAnny(m): 6:15pm On Dec 28, 2016
What iz dizz 1 saying? He iz doing what iz making him fortune and day ar also doing dias,everybody iz jez looking 4 cheap publicity diz days. Mtcheew!!

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by biggy26: 6:17pm On Dec 28, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

He isn't telling them to sing gospel. Secular is any other kind of music outside gospel, I guess u know. Simply put, their lyrics can be saner. Frank does gbedu, but they are clean and even make u dance if u need to without ur mind being polluted.

2 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by oshorstan(f): 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
I support you Frank, The future is the remnants of the mistakes of fools

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by deb(m): 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
wise7:
So what is he saying

You know say truth dey always bitter. You can never understand what he said. Meanwhile I pray for you to receive brain grin

1 Like

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by deebrain(m): 6:18pm On Dec 28, 2016
Like seriously.

I don't think it's out of place to sing that sends a good message that someone can dance to.

Someone interpreted Koffi olomide songs to me and I was like, "wow". Very deep meaning but person go just dey dance makossa dey go.
Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by hadaydhollarpo(m): 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
The guy was in the news for good reason only the lads who are morally bankrupt will denounce his comment. All these Olamide and the likes are rather encouraging immoralities.
Janetessy:

Nice advice tho

3 Likes

Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by wristbangle: 6:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
Talk2Bella:
Words

What did u bring from kebbi state? sad
Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by Georgeisco2007: 6:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
Number2:
Frank Edwards , award winning Nigerian gospel artiste and music producer has urged secular musicians to use their songs for positive influence. Frank said this in a series of tweet.
“Remember that you will have children or already have. Will you actually let them listen and do all the things you said in that song?” the “You too dey bless me” singer quizzed.

http://olorisupergal.com/frank-edwards-message-nigerian-secular-artistes/

Lil Kesh, timaya, olamide etc take note
Re: Frank Edwards Message To Nigerian Secular Artistes by wristbangle: 6:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
unclezuma:
grin grin grin grin

This is the reason why our music is backward due to immoral and poor lyrics. Frank is dishing out sound advice but as a die hard fan of stupid songs, you are spewing thrash. I pity you bros.

3 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nadia Buari's Husband Bottle Feeding Their 4th Child Adorable Photo / Cee-C Dress To 'The Bling Lagosians" Premiere (Photos) / Davido & Chioma Join Their Family a Christmas Vacation In Carpe Verde

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.