Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,775 members, 7,817,194 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:05 AM

My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards (32402 Views)

Ladies Disclose Worst Things A Pastor Said About Women In Church / "What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Said I Will Die In 24 Months Over Tithe, Free The Sheeple" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by ndcide(m): 7:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
Number2:
two days ago I was sitting down on my own in church when one of our pastors in my youth church called me out, only for this man to say that I should go and clear my beards... I asked him why, and he was like, 'have you seen the General Overseer of this church keeping beards,' is not good for Christians to keep beards and that I should go and clear my well shaved beards, the same pastor told my younger bro that he don't want to see him with beards again or else....

'no be say the tin rough o like mad man own o'.. hmm. na wa oo... and it got me wondering, what has beard got to do with my salvation... Dats how some churches loose their youths to another church over little things... God help us

If you are really committed to the things of God, you wouldn't open this kind of thread.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by NovusHomo(m): 7:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
Tell him to go fak himself. grin

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Auki: 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
All prophet of God have at least 3 things in common:

1.Beard
2. Are Shepherd
3.Wear a robe-a flowing gown

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Osiris16: 7:21pm On Dec 28, 2016
As long as there is no bible verse to back it up your pastor's view is just his opinion. Which you can choose to follow or disregard

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 7:23pm On Dec 28, 2016
This is one of the techniques employed to brainwash people . Control! That is how one church told its married members to use only missionary style as all other positions are sinful.

Imagine trying to control what happens in the bedroom of members.

Anyway such control is the only way to make the zombies empty their pockets.

Op is that the only church?

7 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Austinoiz(m): 7:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
Tell him to take your tithe and leave your beard for you.
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Adeoba10(m): 7:25pm On Dec 28, 2016
Number2:
two days ago I was sitting down on my own in church when one of our pastors in my youth church called me out, only for this man to say that I should go and clear my beards... I asked him why, and he was like, 'have you seen the General Overseer of this church keeping beards,' is not good for Christians to keep beards and that I should go and clear my well shaved beards, the same pastor told my younger bro that he don't want to see him with beards again or else....

'no be say the tin rough o like mad man own o'.. hmm. na wa oo... and it got me wondering, what has beard got to do with my salvation... Dats how some churches loose their youths to another church over little things... God help us

Ask the pastor, what about the fake picture bn circulated around as Jesus Christ having beard

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Mpotomisticai(m): 7:26pm On Dec 28, 2016
This is very funny n crazy ..... I kip beards too. Nicely kept beards are worth admiring ... I started keeping beards when I noticed that it helped me control the bumbs I used to HV.... Not all jaws are clipper friendly..

5 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by tafrica(m): 7:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
ndcide:

If you are really committed to the things of God, you wouldn't open this kind of thread.

How has this thread negated being committed to the things of God? This is just a blackmail attempt people use to silence you. Can't one question pastors or their actions? Bearing in mind, not all pastors are even genuine, so why should we keep silent?

8 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by onyxo76(m): 7:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
xtivin:

it's better it's off, I guess it's redeem, I used to be like you till I understand the reasons,
definately RCCG
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by paradigmshift(m): 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
hahahahah oya op upload your beards now make we see....oya go barb am. Na choir u wan start so..
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by MrMcJay(m): 7:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
Went to my parents church on Christmas day and one of their pastors called me aside and commented on my beard. I told him that in the Bible, cutting it was a sign of mourning. I also asked him to name any Disciple or Apostle without a beard and he couldn't answer. He simply stylishly changed the topic to other things.

Very soon, these religious Pharisees would start inspecting pubic hairs.

11 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Wolfbrother(m): 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
xtivin:

it's better it's off, I guess it's redeem, I used to be like you till I understand the reasons,

Please explain these reasons to me
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 7:33pm On Dec 28, 2016
Number2:

"Do not trim off the hair on your temples or trim your beards" - Leviticus 19 vs 27

At least now you have Biblical proof to keep your beard.

4 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Basic123: 7:38pm On Dec 28, 2016
Wolfbrother:

Please explain these reasons to me
...perhaps,so as not to resemble the Muslims.

If Christianity is to be christ-like then keeping beared make one more christ-like and more Christian.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Tobium1(m): 7:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
Leviticus 19:27

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by princefaculty(m): 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
He wants to be your role model at all cost

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Adebanjids1(m): 7:43pm On Dec 28, 2016
Snap am make we c for confirmation

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by busomma: 7:44pm On Dec 28, 2016
Do u hv a mind of ur own or one of those that has been hyponothazied by their pastors? Looks like u're one of the later. Soon ur pastor will tell to walk in the middle of highway cos he saw that as ur destiny & u will be believe him. What happened to independent mindedness given to us by God? Wake my friend & stop being a zombie. Mumu.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Wolfbrother(m): 7:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
Basic123:
...perhaps,so as not to resemble the Muslims.

If Christianity is to be christ-like then keeping beared make one more christ-like and more Christian.

But christ and his disciples had beards....

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by distilledwalex(m): 7:46pm On Dec 28, 2016
The pastor dey envy your bia bia na... Maybe u too dey use am intimidate am grin

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by rhektor(m): 7:48pm On Dec 28, 2016
Number2:

And you think social media is the place tell him your mind?
Can't you tell him it's your life? Of you don't want to follow his instructions just tell him and stop hiding on social media to show yourself a coward.

Anyway, some people will just out of Joblessness create any topic on nairaland
Who your bead epp?
grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by ndcide(m): 7:53pm On Dec 28, 2016
tafrica:

How has this thread negated being committed to the things of God? This is just a blackmail attempt people use to silence you. Can't one question pastors or their actions? Bearing in mind, not all pastors are even genuine, so why should we keep silent?

What I posted was obviously too deep for you.

No body who is truly committed to the things of God will open this thread. It's not logic.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Remix10(m): 8:01pm On Dec 28, 2016
Number2:

leave your church, you don't belong there, period!

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by tafrica(m): 8:02pm On Dec 28, 2016
ndcide:

What I posted was obviously too deep for you.

No body who is truly committed to the things of God will open this thread. It's not logic.

The way pastors set standard and posing as gods has rubbished Christianity.
Don't blame the young man who was curious to know how beards was a sin but the pastor that wants to be seen as god and orders members not to keep beards because he doesn't.

Stop blackmailing people that decide to ask questions, don't say OP is not committed to the things of the spirit, it is an attempt to silence him and stop people from asking questions about pastors and doctrines.

8 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 8:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
[color=#990000][/color]
Christianity has almost lost it's value..you pastor is right keeping beard most times dont make you look decent.. and decency is a value in Christians
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Airoflaw(m): 8:10pm On Dec 28, 2016
hope the pastor is not asking you to cut it because it look like that of d unkept bakoharam...there no sin in beard biko...
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 8:13pm On Dec 28, 2016
xtivin:

This thinking is just soo stu.pid

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by san316(m): 8:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
Islam has been vindicated. This only shows that Christians don't even practise what is in the Bible, they only follow what these vein men of gods tell them. I have noticed the teachings of the Bible are similar to those of the Quran. But Muslims seem to be more practical in terms of following them than christians.

Keep following those crooked men that claim to b anointed, they will defend u on the last day.

10 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by hotspec(m): 8:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
Number2, i guess ur church is RCCG? That was d same instruction given to all d male choirs in my church. D following sunday, I only observed that only female sang except for d instrumentalists. But I still dont kno y keeping a moderate beard is a sin?

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by MrMcJay(m): 8:24pm On Dec 28, 2016
san316:
Islam has been vindicated. This only shows that Christians don't even practise what is in the Bible, they only follow what these vein men of gods tell them. I have noticed the teachings of the Bible are similar to those of the Quran. But Muslims seem to be more practical in terms of following them than christians.

Keep following those crooked men that claim to b anointed, they will defend u on the last day.

[Edited]

Thank you.

5 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by OldBeer: 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
branham890:
[color=#990000][/color]
Christianity has almost lost it's value..you pastor is right keeping beard most times dont make you look decent.. and decency is a value in Christians
Go and tell this trash to Jesus and the Apostles in the bible.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. / Witch In Ozoro Who Stole Someone's Pregnancy 'arrested' / Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.