Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,824 members, 7,817,408 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:45 AM

My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards (32405 Views)

Ladies Disclose Worst Things A Pastor Said About Women In Church / "What My Mother's Pastor Said About Dangote That Made Me Walk Out Of Church" / Daddy Freeze: "Pastor Said I Will Die In 24 Months Over Tithe, Free The Sheeple" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by omojeesu(m): 8:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
Number2:
two days ago I was sitting down on my own in church when one of our pastors in my youth church called me out, only for this man to say that I should go and clear my beards... I asked him why, and he was like, 'have you seen the General Overseer of this church keeping beards,' is not good for Christians to keep beards and that I should go and clear my well shaved beards, the same pastor told my younger bro that he don't want to see him with beards again or else....

'no be say the tin rough o like mad man own o'.. hmm. na wa oo... and it got me wondering, what has beard got to do with my salvation... Dats how some churches loose their youths to another church over little things... God help us

A PITY.

THE PASTOR IS WRONG.

IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR BEARD GO AHEAD.

FIND A YOUTH FRIENDLY AND UNDERSTANDING AND JESUS CENTRED CHURCH AND GO THERE.

JESUS IS LORD!

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by san316(m): 8:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
ndcide:

If you are really committed to the things of God, you wouldn't open this kind of thread.

And commitment means dogmatism right? Being zombieish and following those pastors upandan without question.

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by jahsson(m): 8:34pm On Dec 28, 2016
Lasskeey:
angry

pls who is dis white mans picture u r posting upandan...

stop worshipping idols... White men would always want to be superior to other race... Serve God in spirit n in truth...

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Apus: 8:35pm On Dec 28, 2016
onyxo76:
definately RCCG

No, definitely Deeperlife

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by megainvest: 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2016
Many people unknowingly practice "Churchianity" while thinking they are practicing "Christianity". They set their own standards outside what the bible teaches. They seek to imprison your mind with their own doctrines. The best thing you can do for yourself is to know the truth and the truth will make you free.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by noillebnoj(m): 8:37pm On Dec 28, 2016
rhektor:

And you think social media is the place tell him your mind?
Can't you tell him it's your life? Of you don't want to follow his instructions just tell him and stop hiding on social media to show yourself a coward.

Anyway, some people will just out of Joblessness create any topic on nairaland
Who your bead epp?
grin grin grin grin
why the heck did you even comment if you won't say something sensible
Must you be an internet troll undecided

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Psyrus(m): 8:38pm On Dec 28, 2016
dpete1:
Show the pics make we examine it

E fit be like obuko(He-goat) own
Bad ass omaigala. Ladies if your man don't got no beards please raise your standards.
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Chukzii(m): 8:39pm On Dec 28, 2016
[/b]
OlajumokeBread:
[b]

What type of drugs is the pastor on ?? Stupidity pills ??

Religion is the biggest scam in the history of mankind

I will never go to a church or any religious place of worship in my life

What is written in that bible you guys read ?? Samson never shaved his beard or hair, what of Moses and Abraham ?? They never shaved their hair, What about that your imaginary God and Jesus ?? They didn't shave their beard

What is bad about keeping beard ??

I don't blame the pastor, i blame you for choosing to sit down and listen to a crazy guy

What is written in that bible you guys read ?? Samson never shaved his beard or hair, what of Moses and Abraham ?? They never shaved their hair, What about that your imaginary God and Jesus ?? They didn't shave their beard

I don't blame the pastor, i blame you for choosing to sit down and listen to a crazy guy

I don't blame the pastor, i blame you for choosing to sit down and listen to a crazy guy[/b]
Religion is not a scam o, its just that some people use the fact that people submit to it to control them. The pastor is wrong, he could've just told him to trim it to look 'responsible' thats if he looked rough o.

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Chimaritoponcho: 8:40pm On Dec 28, 2016
Mpotomisticai:
This is very funny n crazy ..... I kip beards too. Nicely kept beards are worth admiring ... I started keeping beards when I noticed that it helped me control the bumbs I used to HV.... Not all jaws are clipper friendly..
Bro i don't mean to insult u but u look like shekau
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by san316(m): 8:44pm On Dec 28, 2016
MrMcJay:

Please, keep Islam out of this discussion. If I analyse the hypocrisy of Muslims for you, you'll be monumentally disgraced.

Thank you.

I'm not interested in any debate because I don't waste my time arguing over religion. You can bare your mind on what u believe is the hypocrisy of Muslims, that's your cup of tea. No one is stopping you.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by OlaSpeaker(m): 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
ndcide:

What I posted was obviously too deep for you.

No body who is truly committed to the things of God will open this thread. It's not logic.
attaching spirituality to the man's opinion to seek knowledge is like you trying to hide behind your finger. the truth is bitter even the Bible said "by their fruit you shall know them" so if daddy GO does not keep bears is automatically a sin for a member to keep bears what a teaching nor God or Christ forced any doctrine on mankind "life and death have i placed before you but i urge you to choose life" spirituality is from your personal conviction and level of relationship with God asking what seems to confused him whether on social media or not does not made him less spiritual or concern about him (God). if keeping beard is a sin God wouldn't program it to be part of man's nature. God please save this generation. false teachings everywhere

7 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by tafrica(m): 8:45pm On Dec 28, 2016
san316:

And commitment means dogmatism right? Being zombieish and following those pastors upandan without question.

That guy's statement is the most annoying one on this thread. Imagine the cheap blackmail (accusing OP of not committing to the things of the spirit) just because the young guy decided to ask questions and not to be brainwashed by pastors' doctrines.

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by boyka24: 8:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
most nigerians pastors are fake as many do not know the do's and donts in the bible as they have claimed to...#Godhelpus

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by megainvest: 8:55pm On Dec 28, 2016
OlaSpeaker:

attaching spirituality to the man's opinion to seek knowledge is like you trying to hide behind your finger. the truth is bitter even the Bible said "by their fruit you shall know them" so if daddy GO does not keep bears is automatically a sin for a member to keep bears what a teaching nor God or Christ forced any doctrine on mankind "life and death have i placed before you but i urge you to choose life" spirituality is from your personal conviction and level of relationship with God asking what seems to confused him whether on social media or not does not made him less spiritual or concern about him (God). if keeping beard is a sin God wouldn't program it to be part of man's nature. God please save this generation. false teachings everywhere

Exactly. God himself created the beards! They think they know more than God. This problem is very real and serious in the churches today. People follow their pastors instead of following God. They think that those who don't follow their pastors are wrong. They must dress and talk like their pastor else they are not "spiritual". Actually, that is being carnal according to Paul in 1 Corinthians 3.

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Apus: 8:59pm On Dec 28, 2016
I'm also on d verge of being barred from singing in church choir for barbing a certain haircut which i consider 2 b decent-lukin. Is dt righteousnes or over-righteousnes? If ur appearance does not cause any one 2 fall either as a man or woman it would be unfair to pass judgement based on man's knowledge of what he feels shud b right or wrong.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2016
Since you obviously believe that he is qualified to show you the way to paradise, and you likely believe that the 'holy spirit' is speaking through him, then it will be hypocrisy not to remove it. If you believe that the 'holy spirit' is not speaking through him on this occasion, then how do you know on what occasions it is doing so? Only when his statement agrees with your desire?

This is what comes of blind followership.

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 9:03pm On Dec 28, 2016

3 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 9:05pm On Dec 28, 2016
Number2:
two days ago I was sitting down on my own in church when one of our pastors in my youth church called me out, only for this man to say that I should go and clear my beards... I asked him why, and he was like, 'have you seen the General Overseer of this church keeping beards,' is not good for Christians to keep beards and that I should go and clear my well shaved beards, the same pastor told my younger bro that he don't want to see him with beards again or else....

'no be say the tin rough o like mad man own o'.. hmm. na wa oo... and it got me wondering, what has beard got to do with my salvation... Dats how some churches loose their youths to another church over little things... God help us

its really our choice to keep beards, the bible is not against it... But i'll really say you dont bring things that concern you and your pastor to this platform where ''unbelivers'' can say dumbstuffs to those we refrence as God sent... Please settle your differences with him amicably... God bless

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 9:09pm On Dec 28, 2016
saxwizard:
grin ask him for money to cut it.
haha.yep,he'll never bother him again
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by phemmyfour: 9:19pm On Dec 28, 2016
TheOtherRoom:
There is no part in the bible where keeping beards is a sin... In fact you are told not to cut you beard in Leviticus 19:27 .David, Jesus and many others had a beard.
The beard is a direct gift form Jehova and that is why not everyone has it. If your pastor is preaching against keeping a beard that means he is preaching against the bible and against Christ himself(Isaiah 50:6)

P.s am atheist
Atheist dey quote Bible!
Stop deceiving yourself
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 9:20pm On Dec 28, 2016
Religion is a scam, ma see pastor wey go say ma go cut my beards, na inside church we go begin fight.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Max24: 9:27pm On Dec 28, 2016
MedicalSamwise:
A pastor once approached my cousin asking him why he is keeping his teddy... . Ordinary teddy don turn sin again??
Spirit wife things. grin
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Montaque(m): 9:28pm On Dec 28, 2016
Chukzii:
[b][/b] Religion is not a scam o, its just that some people use the fact that people submit to it to control them. The pastor is wrong, he could've just told him to trim it to look 'responsible' thats if he looked rough o.
I like your comment. The pastor should have taken the decency route. Not by quoting bible or citing the GO. Just to be decent. Some organisation want their members and staff clean shaven, that's their idea of decency. But its not a measure of righteousness.
Tradition of men has made the word of god of no effect. If u disobey this innocuous advice, they will term u a sinner, as soon u will start believing u are a sinner.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Alvin007: 9:29pm On Dec 28, 2016
xtivin:
Beards keeping is not a sin, however it has so disadvantages in the society we find ourselves, the pastor was just trying to put you in a good looking path but he should have told you the implications of keeping beards, one of them is safety from police especially on highway.

I wouldn't agree with the point u made above...I keep full beards and trust me, I travel a lot..most highway officers I come across, tell me they admire my beards...it's just sad that folks are attaching it to morals...esp the Christain folks.

2 Likes

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Afrocentric: 9:30pm On Dec 28, 2016
xtivin:
Beards keeping is not a sin, however it has so disadvantages in the society we find ourselves, the pastor was just trying to put you in a good looking path but he should have told you the implications of keeping beards, one of them is safety from police especially on highway.
do police stop ✋ people with beard on high way?
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Afrocentric: 9:32pm On Dec 28, 2016
xtivin:

it's better it's off, I guess it's redeem, I used to be like you till I understand the reasons,
what Is the reason?
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Alvin007: 9:41pm On Dec 28, 2016
rhektor:

And you think social media is the place tell him your mind?
Can't you tell him it's your life? Of you don't want to follow his instructions just tell him and stop hiding on social media to show yourself a coward.

Anyway, some people will just out of Joblessness create any topic on nairaland
Who your bead epp?
grin grin grin grin

U're obviously beardless...I understand the beef...poor woman.. cry
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Kingsleytobe(m): 9:42pm On Dec 28, 2016
To shave is 100-150 and the last time i checked salvation is free embarassed
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
xtivin:

it's better it's off, I guess it's redeem, I used to be like you till I understand the reasons,
Stop this trash u re vomiting here. That u, ur pastor or the illiterate Policemen in ur area don't like beard doesn't make it bad, unappealing or unpleasant.
My grouse with christians of today is that they cannot tolerate with understnding anytin they don't like.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by muller101(m): 9:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
Beards of life. lol Rub petrol and set that bush on ur face ablaze.

1 Like

Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by 4lorunsho(m): 9:51pm On Dec 28, 2016
TheOtherRoom:
There is no part in the bible where keeping beards is a sin... In fact you are told not to cut you beard in Leviticus 19:27 .David, Jesus and many others had a beard.
The beard is a direct gift form Jehova and that is why not everyone has it. If your pastor is preaching against keeping a beard that means he is preaching against the bible and against Christ himself(Isaiah 50:6)

P.s am atheist
you don't read scriptures like Novel and pls don't use it for wordly manner . You can never and I repeat my self u can never understand the scriptures without the help of the holyspirit. #Godbless You
Re: My Pastor Said I Should Stop Keeping Beards by Nobody: 9:54pm On Dec 28, 2016
Sir, i disagree with you. I know u are spiritual and that's a good thing. You dont have to judge someone's spirituality by what he said here. I would have expected you to enlighten him on why he shouldnt have posted it rather than saying what you said. I dont support the post also but I hate it when people come around to say someone is spiritual or not. You can educate but not judge. You make errors yourself. I hate it also when people come around to show they are more spiritual than others. His level of spirituality may not be up to yours, but dont go around saying someone is not committed to the things of God because he made an error. Read Luke 18 :9-14. God bless you!
ndcide:

If you are really committed to the things of God, you wouldn't open this kind of thread.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Sacrificial Form: The Official Response From RCCG Headquarters. / Witch In Ozoro Who Stole Someone's Pregnancy 'arrested' / Southern Kaduna Crisis: I Didn't Incite Christians To Take Up Arms - Oyedepo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.