Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,110 members, 7,814,894 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 10:19 PM

Help On Joomla - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help On Joomla (795 Views)

How Can I Install Kunena On Joomla 1.5 / I Need Help On Joomla Ck Form, Can Anyone Help? / Pls Help On Joomla!- Template Not Showing On All Pages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Joomla by eplanner: 12:45pm On Nov 19, 2009
I am using Joomla to design a social networking site like facebook, i want to put wall post like we have on facebook homepage to people to post and i comment.
Can anyone help me on this?
Re: Help On Joomla by yawatide(f): 3:53pm On Nov 19, 2009
I blv there is a commercial joomla app called jom social that will give you what you need. There is also community builder but it isn't as "featured" as the former, at least for the basic (free) version. I haven't bought the upgrade as I hvnt seen the need for it.

good luck!
Re: Help On Joomla by eplanner: 4:13pm On Nov 19, 2009
Thanks for the reply, i.m actually using jomsocial but i still need to make some changes on the codes.
Re: Help On Joomla by yawatide(f): 6:28pm On Nov 19, 2009
Then make a back up of your files and database and use your cpanel to make any changes.

If you google with the right terms, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that you have found a tutorial or 2. Better yet, I am sure jom social has a forum/tutorials that you can peruse.

good luck!
Re: Help On Joomla by hostmot(f): 8:15am On Nov 24, 2009
What you are requiring is actually a lot. You will have to enter the soul of joomla, modify it, use some ajax on the frontend (if you want comments to be compacted and pulled on clicking like in facebook).

If you cannot find a premade plugin for this, it would be better if you used jomsocial as it is.

If you still want to give it a go, post areas of the code that seem daunting to you and someone might be able to help.

Olawunmi,
Sales Rep., Hostmot (www.hostmot.com)
Re: Help On Joomla by potiglo: 8:07pm On Nov 15, 2012
PLease I need THis Joomsocial sofware does anyone have ...I can not afford the money they sell it on their site.. please if u do just contact me
Re: Help On Joomla by PGON(m): 9:50am On Nov 16, 2012
potiglo: PLease I need THis Joomsocial sofware does anyone have ...I can not afford the money they sell it on their site.. please if u do just contact me

Do you need just the script

Can do both installation + one stylish theme
Re: Help On Joomla by hyperbolic(m): 5:22pm On Nov 16, 2012
i need someone who is familiar with wordpress for a help plz
Re: Help On Joomla by Slyr0x: 5:47pm On Nov 16, 2012
hyperbolic: i need someone who is familiar with wordpress for a help plz

Please desist from hijacking people's threads ELSE you get banned!

(1) (Reply)

Smart Web Developer Needed. / My Websites Official Nairaland Account Has Been Banned Please Help / Google Plus Inivte

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.