Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,099 members, 7,821,801 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:45 PM

A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra (44295 Views)

Man Who Took Girlfriend For Swimming Drowns In Anambra Hotel (Disturbing Photo) / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). / Obiano To Open The 16 Storey Hospital At Umuchukwu Village (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Catastrophe1: 3:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
investnow2013:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCFBMF6T93Y
IGBOAMAKA. This edifice is one of the biggest towers in Africa.
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by lacoach: 3:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
Looking like a death trap.
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Ofeakwu(m): 3:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
Stranger101:
Although I am an afonja but I must commend anambra state. .

Not every good thing comes from Lagos afterall

modified

for those people quoting my post unnecessarily

cant someone commend something good coming form the Igbo nation again...

na wah o .. once again i congratulate the initiator of this project , and the great Igbos ..

Naija shall be great again

Biafra not naija shall be great again!!!!
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Nobody: 3:35pm On Dec 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

I'm suspecting something

Why is it that these igbos are not experiencing the recession ??

The rest of the country are suffering while the igbos are busy throwing money in the air

Because they make money in Dollars/Euros, Buhari made little like 10,000$ have value, so that y we don't experience recession,

*like if u earn in dollar
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Princedapace(m): 3:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
tolulinks:

You are blaming fed government. What about your useless state governments

Now.. I used to think like this but u need to understand that the FG is the most powerful organ of the Nigerian govt. The economic policies of FG affects the entire federation.. This is why some of us are seeking for the country to be restructured for more of state control of their economy. U don't expect the state to av less control of economic measures and perform miracles only for federal government with the highest earning to sleep while states perform wonders..

FG earns more than all the states put together.. So this is why there is always calls on FG to perform.. We really need to Restructure Nigeria for our own good. As learned fellows.. We need to pressure the govt to revisit our foundation and drastically reduce the powers of the central govt

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Maxikingz: 3:59pm On Dec 29, 2016
His a pain doctor, he treats wrestlers in us and other part of the world.
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by jinxet2000: 4:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
This is Burj Khalifa, I mean Burj Umuchukwu Towers.
Whether sky scrape the building or the building scrape the sky, this building na die. You can imagine how Nigeria would look like if all the Nigerians living abroad would come home if Nigeria is safe and hospitable. They would do greater things. Umuchukwu community, you have benefited from a man with common sense. That's what we are talking about!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by seangy4konji: 4:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
good one.
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Realgana(m): 4:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
investnow2013:
My Nigerian of the Year #2016 is the uncommon philanthropist and exceptional patriot Dr. Godwin Maduka.

This man's generosity is something to marvel at let alone his sense of patriotism. He is the American based doctor from Umuchukwu, Orumba South in Anambra State, Nigeria. A proud Igbo man who has never forgotten his roots. He is in the process of launching the biggest, first of its kind medical research center in Nigeria, in the aforementioned Umuchukwu, his hometown. A magnificent 16 storey building and accompanying complex.

I admire his outside the box thinking as well as the awesome simplicity and practicality of his expending huge resources in his little hometown than in the usual Lagos, Abuja or any other big city. He is putting that place on the map, not just in Nigeria but globally.

Even more impressive is the fact that this same man has been doing great and selfless philanthropic work in his home state of Anambra for more than a decade as far as I have researched.

You have probably seen pictures online recently of his building at different levels of construction. Some have claimed it is a hoax arguing that if it were true he'd be all over the media. I agreed with this thinking and decided to make further enquiries.

Guess what? It is all true and then some! I can't quantify the joy and relief I felt after confirming. Neither can I put into words the awe and respect this man has earned from me. I have never in my short life come across anyone quite like him. It is almost as if he goes out of his way to avoid publicity. I know a ton of people who would assault all of us with pictures and videos of far tinier feats than what this great Nigerian has under his belt.

What a man! What a Nigerian! What an example for us all.

Dr. Godwin Maduka may the good Lord keep blessing, enriching, protecting and guiding you sir. May we all also be able to emulate, even if a little, your uncommon generosity and humility.

My Nigerian of the Year 2016!!!
Dr. Godwin Maduka!
Are you Nur Habib of Facebook?
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by apatheticme(f): 4:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
ogologoamu:
Shame on our government if an individual can do this.

A big shame indeed! All government does year in year out is to threaten to sack residents, refuse to build better and bigger hospitals and ground the health sector making it a ground for unnecessary rivalry, smh for naija.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by osita76(m): 4:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
Atiku2019:
@investnow2013

Is he related to Cosmas Maduka? wink
He does not in any way got related to Cosmas Maduka
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by guychidile: 5:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
God,pls bless the architect of this hospital.
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Freestainworld(m): 5:15pm On Dec 29, 2016
when a skyscraper is mentioned in Nigeria it's as if we won a lottery because of where our bad leaders have kept us, it's really a shame that what other countries have surpassed is still a big deal to us, shame to our so called leaders for keeping us underdeveloped.
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by olasmith10(m): 6:38pm On Dec 29, 2016
ogologoamu:
Shame on our government if an individual can do this.

Serious shame on d govt

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by GGirll: 6:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
its because IGBOS ARE BLESSED BY GOD ALMIGHTY NO MATTER THE HUMILIATION,MARGINALIZATION,WICKEDNESS AND HATRED OF SW AND NORTHERN NIGERIA THEY WILL NEVER BE EXTERMINATED, THEY WILL NEVER GO HUNGRY AND THEY ARE SO BLESSED THAT THE RECESSION AND POVERTY CAN NEVER STOP THEM.....THEY ARE DESTINED FOR GREATNESS IN ALL FIELDS AND RAMIFICATION OF LIFE IN JESUS NAME AMEN....UP NDI IGBO!!!!!
OlajumokeBread:

I'm suspecting something

Why is it that these igbos are not experiencing the recession ??

The rest of the country are suffering while the igbos are busy throwing money in the air

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by femi4: 7:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

Afonjas will not be happy about this
Ode! Do you know how many sky scrappers are in Lagos alone not to talk about other SW States
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by ogtavia(m): 8:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
he has tried...believe me,he has...but what kind of hospital or medical hub is this without a large entrance...the entrance is like entrance to a chemist shop...except he plans on having a canopy to salvage the problem a little...that little entrance is the biggest architectural failure of that building...and for what it's worth...its not a skyscraper..

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Jeflox: 8:58pm On Dec 29, 2016
Please, can u please send me pictures of this edifice to my watsapp.. .07062497811, thanks.
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 9:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
ogtavia:
he has tried...believe me,he has...but what kind of hospital or medical hub is this without a large entrance...the entrance is like entrance to a chemist shop...except he plans on having a canopy to salvage the problem a little...that little entrance is the biggest architectural failure of that building...and for what it's worth...its not a skyscraper..
That's is not the main entrance!!!.... The main entrance can contain 2 cars side by side!!!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 9:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
guychidile:
God,pls bless the architect of this hospital.

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by ogtavia(m): 9:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
investnow2013:
That's is not the main entrance!!!.... The main entrance can contain 2 cars side by side!!!
ok..thank you for the correction.
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 9:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
NEWLY CROWNED MISS UMUCHUKWU

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 9:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
@ The HOSPITAL

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 9:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
She is going to promote this Town for the next 1 year!

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 9:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
More

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 9:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
MORE TOURISTs ARE COMING FROM DIFFERENT AREAS OF NIGERIA AND ABROAD TO WITNESS THIS GREAT TRANSFORMATION GOING ON IN THIS RUSTIC RURAL VILLAGE!!!

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by melachima(m): 9:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
[color=#000099][/color]e tooooo blue na
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Pennywise(m): 10:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
A huge amount of money was spent no doubt but the job was poorly executed.

The walls and the edges are not straight. It looks like a pimped out big hut. A testament to the poor and lazy work ethic we are known for.

If a similar amount of money was spent in a country like Ghana for instance, the result no doubt will be different.

Beyond aesthetics, I just hope the building is safe and won't come crashing down.

People work hard, dream big for this country and bring their hard earned money but in the end there is no real joy for the man writing the checks. Hard work and professionalism is dead in Nigeria.

This should take nothing from Dr Maduka's large heartedness and generosity in his effort to put his village on the map.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by MunorAnne(f): 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
I hope they ve got orthopaedics in there. That girls in jeans needs to see one ASAP.
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Margy: 1:06am On Dec 30, 2016
investnow2013:

You liar!...where is the entrance...Architecturally, this is the worst entrance ever!!....The Architect deserves a slap...shittt! angry angry
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by ebiJ: 1:26am On Dec 30, 2016
awesome
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 2:30pm On Dec 30, 2016
Margy:

You liar!...where is the entrance...Architecturally, this is the worst entrance ever!!....The Architect deserves a slap...shittt! angry angry
This is the main entrance of the Hospital!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Injured Near His Manhood Saved By Nigerian Doctors - Graphic Pics / Help!!!! A Friend Of Mine Was Diagnosed Of PID And Acyesis. / New Pictures Of Family Of Five With Madness In Cross River

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.