Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,843 members, 7,810,253 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:35 AM

A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra (44260 Views)

Man Who Took Girlfriend For Swimming Drowns In Anambra Hotel (Disturbing Photo) / Professor Akin Abayomi Visits The Corona Virus Patient (Pictures). / Obiano To Open The 16 Storey Hospital At Umuchukwu Village (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 11:50pm On Dec 28, 2016
In the spirit of Christmas, I visited the largest Medical Hub in Africa with my Cousins today.

Africa’s Largest Medical Research Hub is almost completed. A skyscraper located in a rural community in Anambra State called Umuchukwu, in Orumba South local government area, in Nigeria would become the largest medical research hub in Africa at completion which would be in 2017. Solely, Dr. Godwin Maduka, a billionaire Nigerian-American doctor based in the US, is building this 15-storey building.

The edifice, which would be equipped with state-of-the-art facilities in medical science, will be the first of its kind in Africa. It would be used to assist students in clinical training and provide resource materials for lecturers and researchers. At completion, it will also serve as the temporary site for the Anambra State University, College of Medicine.

Thanks to Dr. Godwin Maduka.

23 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 11:52pm On Dec 28, 2016
UMUCHUKWU TOWN ANAMBRA STATE

16 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 11:56pm On Dec 28, 2016
My Nigerian of the Year #2016 is the uncommon philanthropist and exceptional patriot Dr. Godwin Maduka.

This man's generosity is something to marvel at let alone his sense of patriotism. He is the American based doctor from Umuchukwu, Orumba South in Anambra State, Nigeria. A proud Igbo man who has never forgotten his roots. He is in the process of launching the biggest, first of its kind medical research center in Nigeria, in the aforementioned Umuchukwu, his hometown. A magnificent 16 storey building and accompanying complex.

I admire his outside the box thinking as well as the awesome simplicity and practicality of his expending huge resources in his little hometown than in the usual Lagos, Abuja or any other big city. He is putting that place on the map, not just in Nigeria but globally.

Even more impressive is the fact that this same man has been doing great and selfless philanthropic work in his home state of Anambra for more than a decade as far as I have researched.

You have probably seen pictures online recently of his building at different levels of construction. Some have claimed it is a hoax arguing that if it were true he'd be all over the media. I agreed with this thinking and decided to make further enquiries.

Guess what? It is all true and then some! I can't quantify the joy and relief I felt after confirming. Neither can I put into words the awe and respect this man has earned from me. I have never in my short life come across anyone quite like him. It is almost as if he goes out of his way to avoid publicity. I know a ton of people who would assault all of us with pictures and videos of far tinier feats than what this great Nigerian has under his belt.

What a man! What a Nigerian! What an example for us all.

Dr. Godwin Maduka may the good Lord keep blessing, enriching, protecting and guiding you sir. May we all also be able to emulate, even if a little, your uncommon generosity and humility.

My Nigerian of the Year 2016!!!
Dr. Godwin Maduka!

123 Likes 13 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Atiku2019: 12:05am On Dec 29, 2016
@investnow2013
Is he related to Cosmas Maduka? wink

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 12:18am On Dec 29, 2016
Atiku2019:
@investnow2013

No

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 12:19am On Dec 29, 2016
Atiku2019:
@investnow2013

Cosmas Maduka(Coscharis) is from Nnewi!.

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by ogologoamu: 2:51am On Dec 29, 2016
Shame on our government if an individual can do this.

97 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by chriskosherbal(m): 3:09am On Dec 29, 2016
ogologoamu:
Shame on our government if an individual can do this.
indeed he did well.

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Boleyndynasty2(f): 3:21am On Dec 29, 2016
God bless his pocket. Nigerian Government don't have time to think about anything other than stealing for their children and their generations yet unborn.

55 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by investnow2013: 7:34am On Dec 29, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
God bless his pocket. Nigerian Government don't have time to think about anything other than stealing for their children and their generations yet unborn.
Lalasticlala News don come!!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by OlajumokeBread(f): 12:23pm On Dec 29, 2016

Afonjas will not be happy about this

51 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by veekid(m): 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2016

this is money; as in I mean Money
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Janetessy(f): 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
Wow
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Nobody: 12:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hmm
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by slimpoppa(m): 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
cool
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by OlajumokeBread(f): 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2016

I'm suspecting something

Why is it that these igbos are not experiencing the recession ??

The rest of the country are suffering while the igbos are busy throwing money in the air

74 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Sunnycliff(m): 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
#proudlybiafrannigerian

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Stranger101: 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
Although I am an afonja but I must commend anambra state. .

Not every good thing comes from Lagos afterall

modified

for those people quoting my post unnecessarily

cant someone commend something good coming form the Igbo nation again...

na wah o .. once again i congratulate the initiator of this project , and the great Igbos ..

Naija shall be great again

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Sijo01(f): 12:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
This is an incredible innovation from the initiator.

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by omonla555: 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
Boring post
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by wiloy2k8(m): 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
WOW

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by OlajumokeBread(f): 12:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
omonla555:
Boring post

Afonja

Have you swallowed your daily dosage of Amala and Ewedu today ??

84 Likes 7 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by SexyNairalander: 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
booked
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by adewumiopeyemi(m): 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by passyhansome(m): 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
Africa’s Largest Medical Research Hub is almost completed. A skyscraper located in a rural community in Anambra State called Umuchukwu, in Orumba South local government area, in Nigeria would become the largest medical research hub in Africa at completion which would be in 2017. Solely, Dr. Godwin Maduka, a billionaire Nigerian-American doctor based in the US, is building this 15-storey building

Aku ruo uno, they say so glad such gargantuan edifice is in Anambra, Igbo kwenu, Anambra kwezunuo

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by tolulinks(m): 12:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
You are blaming fed government. What about your useless state governments

1 Like

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Corrinthians(m): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
That is a highrise and not a skyscrapper. There's a difference.

8 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by adonbilivit: 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by corlin2(m): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
omonla555:
Boring post
Wtf! , you're really boring .

6 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by Nobody: 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
God bless Dr. Maduka and shame on Nigerian government. Big Shame!

The edifice, which would be equipped with state-of-the-art facilities in medical science, will be the first of its kind in Africa. It would be used to assist students in clinical training and provide resource materials for lecturers and researchers. At completion, it will also serve as the temporary site for the Anambra State University, College of Medicine.

2 Likes

Re: A Nairalander Visits The Skyscraper Hospital Umuchukwu In Anambra by iiiyyyk(m): 12:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
AKU RUO ULO.

THINK DEVELOPMENT, THINK ALAIGBO.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

COVID-19: 248 New Cases Reported, 17 Deaths And 33 Discharged On May 10 / Man Injured Near His Manhood Saved By Nigerian Doctors - Graphic Pics / Tramadol Addiction ( Please Help)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.