Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,240 members, 7,829,441 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:58 AM

They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING (2926 Views)

Don't Miss This Next Big Thing - Don't Say I Didn't Try For You / Network Marketing Is The Next Big Thing.. Please Take Your Time To Read. / Npower December Allowance Payment: FG Lied To Us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by jolak5(m): 9:52am On Dec 29, 2016
Deep in thought and alone in my room, I remember those days my mother used to tell me that getting a good education would take me places, I never knew it was a lie.........I can still remember all the songs they used to cajole us like "To ba ka we ree,bataa ree a dun koko kaa", "there is nothing like education" and so on. ....... now I am in my room with a Bsc certificate in the bag but I can't boast of a shining shoe......you see your friends that were "olodo" and unserious back then in school doing great things......you read your eyes out back then in school but ordinary school teaching job is hard to find........It was all a lie
I wanted to repair my phone and I went to a young engineer (probably my age), I was shocked when I saw the number of people that queued there, imagine how much the guy is making in a month but they told us, Education is the next big thing
We were never taught how to make money, we were taught how to memorize (CRAM)...
You can see what young Innovative Entrepreneurs acheive, even those that never went to school......
Education is never the next big thing, we were just lied to.....
Your opinions.........
Would appreciate it if people can share their view....still alone in my room

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by maxwell767(m): 10:52am On Dec 29, 2016
embarassed
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Emmysteve(m): 11:22am On Dec 29, 2016
I could remember on the day of our passing out parade, Kaduna State government officials told us point blank that there are no jobs around and that we should do ourselves favor by learning mechanic, carpentry and the rest na so we begin curse the man.
Like really what's the point of going to school to spend five or six years only to graduate and start learning hand work.

The sad thing is that those still in school would not see what's happening in the labour market until they are through with NYSC. In fact, many of them will rebuke you if you dare tell them that there are no jobs. Na so NYSC Corp members wey dey assigned them to conduct verification for Npower candidates just dey form for us, I heard one of them saying that he has a job waiting for him we just dey pity the guy. Lol

4 Likes

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by jolak5(m): 11:58am On Dec 29, 2016
Emmysteve:
I could remember on the day of our passing out parade, Kaduna State government officials told us point blank that there are no jobs around and that we should do ourselves favor by learning mechanic, carpentry and the rest na so we begin curse the man.
Like really what's the point of going to school to spend five or six years only to graduate and start learning hand work.

The sad thing is that those still in school would not see what's happening in the labour market until they are through with NYSC. In fact, many of them will rebuke you if you dare tell them that there are no jobs. Na so NYSC Corp members wey dey assigned them to conduct verification for Npower candidates just dey form for us, I heard one of them saying that he has a job waiting for him we just dey pity the guy. Lol
exactly, most people don't know this.....we need to deviate from education that focus on theory alone and encourage more of hands_on practical
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Ademat7(m): 12:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
But d gift of man maketh way for him; @jolak5 @emmesteve

2 Likes

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Nafizzey(m): 1:13pm On Dec 29, 2016
Back then in the 60's, 70's and 80's in fact some 15 years back, if you got Bsc degree you are a hot cake. Before you even graduate self, government and big companies are out there waiting for you to graduate and there were few educated then and also few people interested in going to school. But however 30 yrs later, we have got many people still trying to get admitted, to university to get educated and we have millions been churned out on quarterly basis from different institutions as young Graduate, while jobs are no longer available unlike back then...

In conclusion, if you have Bsc certificate 30 yrs back, you are regarded a HERO but if you got Bsc degree in this present time 2016/2017, sorry na NOTHING. Very sad situation indeed.

3 Likes

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by jolak5(m): 1:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nafizzey:
Back then in the 60's, 70's and 80's in fact some 15 years back if you got Bsc degree you are a hot cake, before you even graduate self government and big companies are out there waiting for you to graduate and there were few educated then and people interested in going to school but However 30 yrs later we have got many people still trying to get admitted to university to get educated and we have millions been churned out on quartely basis from different institutions as young graduate while jobs are no longer available unlike back then...

In conclusion, if you have Bsc certificate 30 yrs back, you are regarded a HERO but if you got Bsc degree in this present time 2016/2017, sorry na NOTHING. Very sad situation indeed.
thanks for this..... Bsc don become beans

2 Likes

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Nobody: 1:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
jolak5:
Deep in thought and alone in my room, I remember those days my mother used to tell me that getting a good education would take me places, I never knew it was a lie.........I can still remember all the songs they used to cajole us like "To ba ka we ree,bataa ree a dun koko kaa", "there is nothing like education" and so on. ....... now I am in my room with a Bsc certificate in the bag but I can't boast of a shining shoe......you see your friends that were "olodo" and unserious back then in school doing great things......you read your eyes out back then in school but ordinary school teaching job is hard to find........It was all a lie
I wanted to repair my phone and I went to a young engineer (probably my age), I was shocked when I saw the number of people that queued there, imagine how much the guy is making in a month but they told us, Education is the next big thing
We were never taught how to make money, we were taught how to memorize (CRAM)...
You can see what young Innovative Entrepreneurs acheive, even those that never went to school......
Your opinions.........
made my first million 10 yrs ago from the informal sector ...so i humbled my self and became friends with primary and secondary plus zero education guys that are into oil and gas plus trucks owner ,car dealers etc i rarely hang around my bsc friends cool it has been very helpful...

4 Likes

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by jolak5(m): 1:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
Alikote:
made my first million 10 yrs ago from the informal sector ...so i humbled my self and became friends with primary and secondary plus zero education guys that are into oil and gas plus trucks owner ,car dealers etc i rarely hang around my bsc friends cool it has been very helpful...
Nice experience.... I wouldn't mind joining your informal business smiley
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Nafizzey(m): 1:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
jolak5:
thanks for this..... Bsc don become beans
Bsc holders now are yearning and settling for 30k jobs to show the bad situation we are in.
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Eddodoh(m): 1:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
Alikote:
I am interested in your business. I am currently out of job.
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by jolak5(m): 2:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nafizzey:
Bsc holders now are yearning and settling for 30k jobs to show the bad situation we are in.
I presently earn 25k per month

1 Like

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by azelab: 3:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
we need to start encourage our presents and the incoming generations not to be too relied on education so as not to misguided them the way we have been misleaded. an ordinary vulgernizer man can boast of generating #80 000 at the end of the month. meanwhile is difficult for a graduate to get a job of #20 000 per month.
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Nafizzey(m): 3:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
jolak5:
I presently earn 25k per month
Handle it well while you keep seeking for better jobs. I know people who have no jobs seen we passed out of Nysc over a year ago.

2 Likes

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Temmytea70(m): 3:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
Wat really is the way out?.....Some confused peeps will say MSc...MSc my foot

1 Like

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by ednut1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 29, 2016
what we have in Nigeria is not education bt cramming of ancient tins with zero research, dats y

1 Like

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by jolak5(m): 3:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
Temmytea70:
Wat really is the way out?.....Some confused peeps will say MSc...MSc my foot
...lol what is now the way out? WOULD YOU rather sit and do nothing?
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Emmysteve(m): 4:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
ednut1:
what we have in Nigeria is not education bt cramming of ancient tins with zero research, dats y
that is not the point here.
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Temmytea70(m): 5:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
jolak5:

Really,I'm just too sure Msc isn't the way out..its just to postpone the job searching years

1 Like

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Nafizzey(m): 5:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
jolak5:
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Emmysteve(m): 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
The wise ones would learn skills while in school instead of giving education full attention which might end up being a waste.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Nova1989(m): 7:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
The way out my people is for us to make use of our potentials inside us to become boss of ourselves...#the truth#

1 Like 1 Share

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by spenca: 7:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
jolak5:
Your opinions.........

In as much as I see the precadiment and I understand the pain most of us are going through, I would disagree with you. Education is the big thing although it isn't for everyone. The path in which we follow determines if education becomes a virtue to us or a vice, aside this the system in which education/training/development finds herself also matter and we all would agree that education and Nigeria are not the best of friends but still education is the big thing if you can get it right. The scope of curricula which education thrives on determines the path of its graduates and we see the curricula is Nigeria is quite poor, 95 if not 100% theoretic and the intentional decline of humanities and social sciences curricular also amounts to the issues at hand. I remember once reading about the German education system where students are mandated to work and study at a point during their studies and this applies to all irrespective of disciplines. When one is done studying he has work experience already and can not become a manger irrespective of his work experience else he holds a masters degree. Personally the problem is not "education" but the system. Don't lose hope my brother, don't give up . Keep striving , those that win are those that persist.

Most of us lost our way when we chose engineering and microbiology over our lust for writing and conversing.

3 Likes

Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by spenca: 8:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nova1989:
The way out my people is for us to make use of our potentials inside us to become boss of ourselves...#the truth#

Being your boss won't make you rich or successful. Either or some of these would , education , talent , skills, training , abilities to mention but a few
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Carmal90(m): 8:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
Emmysteve:
The wise ones would learn skills while in school instead of giving education full attention which might end up being a waste.

I have many people that learn handwork and still riding motorcycle and keke
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Carmal90(m): 8:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
spenca:

Being your boss won't make you rich or successful. Either or some of these would , education , talent , skills, training , abilities to mention but a few

What did u mean?
If u can sell something, solve a problem, create a problem and find solutions, go outside ur comfort zone and see how it is done there...in a nutshell
I think anybody that can sell something to 1000 people in his or her locality with a minimum of 5naira gain will make it..
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Carmal90(m): 8:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
jolak5:
Your opinions.........

To me education is good but it is largely overrated, what matter most is how wealthy u are not how educated, nobody can compare dangote with soyinka..
But education will broaden ur reasoning on whatever u decide doing...
Our government is d backbone of this problem, if they can just give at least 50% of yearly graduate loan to start something, it will be better
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by jolak5(m): 8:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
Carmal90:

To me education is good but it is largely overrated, what matter most is how wealthy u are not how educated, nobody can compare dangote with soyinka..
But education will broaden ur reasoning on whatever u decide doing...
Our government is d backbone of this problem, if they can just give at least 50% of yearly graduate loan to start something, it will be better
100 likes for u........
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by spenca: 8:36pm On Dec 29, 2016
Carmal90:

What did u mean?
If u can sell something, solve a problem, create a problem and find solutions, go outside ur comfort zone and see how it is done there...in a nutshell
I think anybody that can sell something to 1000 people in his or her locality with a minimum of 5naira gain will make it..

You make it sound like I live in a shell and I don't see anything happening outside "my comfort zone" .

Well to address the issue, the individual I quoted earlier said nothing about selling goods in the first place but to address the issue about sales why do you think people hire sales consultants,marketers and people even go to a length to obtain degrees in marketing if it's all about going outside ones "comfort zone" ? Am only asking since I do not know how it's done like you earlier assertained.
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by spenca: 8:37pm On Dec 29, 2016
Carmal90:

I have many people that learn handwork and still riding motorcycle and keke

My point exactly of being your own boss
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by Carmal90(m): 8:56pm On Dec 29, 2016
spenca:

You make it sound like I live in a shell and I don't see anything happening outside "my comfort zone" .

Well to address the issue, the individual I quoted earlier said nothing about selling goods in the first place but to address the issue about sales why do you think people hire sales consultants,marketers and people even go to a length to obtain degrees in marketing if it's all about going outside ones "comfort zone" ? Am only asking since I do not know how it's done like you earlier assertained.

Am not here to argue, u said something that is not applicable and not acceptable in real world and I tried explaining, u said been ur own boss won't make one rich or successful and I said been ur own boss is d safest and easiest way of becoming successful.. Shalom
Re: They Lied To Us, EDUCATION Is Never The Next Big THING by spenca: 6:38am On Dec 30, 2016
Carmal90:

Am not here to argue, u said something that is not applicable and not acceptable in real world and I tried explaining, u said been ur own boss won't make one rich or successful and I said been ur own boss is d safest and way of becoming successful.. Shalom

When you say words like this better you realize you are starting a discussion whether you chose to call it argument or not but since you don't want to "argue" I won't dignify your assumptions with a response.

(1) (2) (Reply)

NNPC Commenced Issuence Of Provisional Offers Of Employment To 1050 GT / Ndlea Recruitment: Applicants 2 Write Test / Offered Job>>30>>people Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.