Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,035 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:04 AM

Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit (11903 Views)

Buhari Cancels $195 Million Security Contract Promoted By Amaechi / Buhari Returns To Abuja After Bauchi Visit / President Buhari Cancels His Trip To Abia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by DONSMITH123(m): 2:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
By Armstrong Bakam, Bauchi.

All hopes were on Thursday dashed as President Muhammadu Buhari’s visit to Bauchi was again cancelled for the second time.

Buhari was billed to visit the State on December, 13th to commission the Nigeria Air Force Hospital built at the new NAF base 29 close to the Sir Abubakar Tafawa Balewa International Airport, Bauchi.

The visit was cancelled because he (Buhari) led a delegation of some African leaders to The Gambia.

The President was again scheduled to visit the State on Thursday, December 29th but the visit was also cancelled.

All preparations were concluded for the President’s visit. Hundreds of people had thronged the Airport to welcome the President. The state government even declared a public holiday in the state.

Speaking in a broadcast to the people of Bauchi on Thursday, the state Governor, Mohammed Abubakar, said that the cancellation of the visit was due to the poor visibility of the weather caused by the harmattan.

Abubakar apologized to the people for the failure of the President to visit the state for the second time stating that it was not intentional.

He said that a later date will be fixed for the President to visit Bauchi for a state visit and spend the night in the state.

“Because of the prevailing weather condition in Abuja this morning up to this moment that I speak with you (11:45am), visibility is less than 300 meters in Abuja. To that extent even International flights have not landed or taken off at the Abuja Airport.

“For that reason, Mr. President was advised to put off his visit to Bauchi. I assure you, another date will be fixed and this time, for a state visit in which he will spend the night in Bauchi,” Abubakar stated.

The Governor, while answering questions from Journalists after the broadcast, said that the Special Assistant on social media to the President, Alh. Sha’aban Sharada, and other aides had been in the state for the past three days in anticipation of the visit.

He stated that he (Sharada), drafted a speech and sent it to Aso Rock which the President read and it was recorded as a proof of why he couldn’t come to Bauchi.

Cc: lalasticlala, Mynd44

http://punchng.com/buhari-cancels-bauchi-visit/

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by stephnie1(f): 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
He should be the one to tell the people sorry

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by veekid(m): 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2016

he has gat issues to deal with in za Oda room

2 Likes

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by Okundaye4(m): 2:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hmmm ok o. Make e dey plan dey cancel. 2019 is not that too far again.
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
Our President is a coward.
After putting Nigeria in this economic fix, your still here cancelling travels.

It's even better save your gas! angry

E diot!!

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by Janetessy(f): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
Oknow
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by Iammicboy(m): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
Na wa o

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by Ptoocool(m): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
Bubu get small brain sha grin

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by ShitHead(m): 2:46pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lack of integrity
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by wunmi590(m): 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
Just here to read comment cool

2 Likes

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by c4tnoelz: 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
unstable government
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by Nobody: 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by Lilimax(f): 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
Na today?
We are used to that! embarassed
Next!!!
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by SexyNairalander: 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
booked

check my signature

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by AntiZombie: 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
no estacode for local travel undecided undecided undecided undecided

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by obataokenwa(m): 2:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
he wants to prove a point that it was not threat that made him cancel Enugu visit. I refuse to be deceived by their rhetorics. I've not recovered from the thinking of how they deceived me with the chibok girls issue. I'm sorry for myself.

17 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by Nobody: 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
Power to the People
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by jazinogold(m): 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
y
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by favourmic(m): 2:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
You see what we are talking about I'm sure if nah US or Ghana self the yeye president no fit cancel am.....

Make God safe us from this man

2 Likes

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by mengho(m): 2:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
what a waste of fuel, make i go back home jare
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by Nobody: 2:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
He is busy in za oza room, he cannot visit Bauchi.

3 Likes

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by Femich18(m): 2:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
Ptoocool:
Bubu get small brain sha grin
What are you insinuating?
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by FisifunKododada: 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
cheesy
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by Ten12(m): 2:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
to go bauchi no follow 4 im destiny...so u can call it inconclusive visit
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by ngmgeek(m): 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
Za Oza Room cheesy
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by DONSMITH123(m): 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
JayIlych:
Our President is a coward.
After putting Nigeria in this economic fix, your still here cancelling travels.

It's even better save your gas! angry

E diot!!

you need help. MMM provide help for this dude

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by permsec: 2:52pm On Dec 29, 2016
Had it been a summit in Mozambique, he'll be the first in attendance

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by holluphemydavid(m): 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
ok

1 Like

Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by CSTR13: 2:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
Buhari is through with his local trips for the year. The only thing he does now is foreign trips. cheesy
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by ademusiwa2r: 2:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
M
Re: Again, Buhari Cancels Bauchi Visit by Orikinla1: 2:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
veekid:

he has gat issues to deal with in za Oda room

Shekau is still roaming.

The most dangerous enemy is the one that appears to be defeated.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Erelu Fayemi Inducted Into Nigerian Women Hall Of Fame / Oritsejafor Donates Cars, Tricycles To The Less Priviledged / Okorocha Faults Formation Of PDP Governors’ Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.