Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,193 members, 7,822,025 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:13 AM

PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene (30037 Views)

PHOTOS: Fans Turn Out For The Bundesliga Trophy In Abuja / PHOTOS: 2017 Arsenal Day In Okene / Alex Iwobi Celebrates Arsenal's Big Win With Pretty Girlfriend In London. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by selectedhero(m): 5:47pm On Dec 29, 2016
I can bet that majority of persons there only wore the Jersey to be able to get food.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Nobody: 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
Only if men would celebrate their women.
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by maysimsimple(m): 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
Pasuma dey abeokuta, dey perform.....

author=madridguy post=52365717]Where is the senate President, Pasuma and embarassed others. tongue[/quote]

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Oluwasaeon(m): 5:48pm On Dec 29, 2016
Are they celebrating the last time they won the league ? cry cry cry

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Mammangaddafi(m): 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
Of all the clubs in this world, na ass-anal them choose to celebrate. Jobless people

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by iamdannyfc(m): 5:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
celebrate wif ya,but sha up chelsea!

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Iamthoney(m): 5:50pm On Dec 29, 2016
pmc01:
I sympathize with them. Looks like a mourning gathering for the pathetic state of the club.
You try to be funny but you failed woefully....better luck next time

#COYG

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by alizma: 5:51pm On Dec 29, 2016
WATCH OUT FOR CHELSEA DAY. EBIRA PEOPLE HAVE BEEN CELEBRATING THESE TWO CLUBS FOR SOME YEARS NOW.

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Handsomecole(m): 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
What are they celebrating?? No Trophy! No achievement! Celebrating barreness! Tufia Kwa Ndi Assenal

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by babyfaceafrica: 5:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
YourNemesis:
Okene a small town?
There is nothing small about Okene...I suggest you go back and check your google map.

Anebira.. Waadahi.
maadahi!

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by collinometricx: 5:54pm On Dec 29, 2016
Optional1 Come And C Disg One Ni
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by pmc01(m): 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
Iamthoney:
You try to be funny but you failed woefully....better luck next time

#COYG

I'm an Arsenal fan. So?
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Nobody: 5:55pm On Dec 29, 2016
Heffalump:
When are we going to celebrate our own clubs

Thank you my brother.

A lot of those celebrating haven't even been to an airport not to talk of visiting Emirates Stadium.

People who don't have any sort of affiliation to these clubs fight and kill each other while the players who don't know them at all earn millions.

Don't be shocked if Ronaldo is asked if he knows where Nigeria is and he says NO.

By the way....I am a huge football fan and guilty of some of these things...but it's extremely silly to support a foreign club like these when they are plenty in Nigeria

it's sad, gone were the days when I supported Enugu Rangers, 3SC, Kano pillars et al.

Quality of our league has sadly depreciated and our patronage of foreign content too largely contributes

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by jericco1(m): 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
'patient dogs'
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Nobody: 5:57pm On Dec 29, 2016
Heffalump:
When are we going to celebrate our own clubs
gb
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by ajasbaba(m): 6:00pm On Dec 29, 2016
hope Arsen wenger was present grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by soath(m): 6:02pm On Dec 29, 2016
Proudly Arsenal

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Ojestas(m): 6:03pm On Dec 29, 2016
Hayorstimmy:
Well if I won't just be an antagonist then I must commend the arsenal fans... if only it's for the fact that they can unite and make this so colourful and unique. I'm not an arsenal fan but I love this. Not like some other clubs whose password for recognizing them is shouting.. you know them nau
grin
You were making sense before the last sentence. .Arsenal fans make noise than any team. . But their lack of trophies wouldn't let ppl know.. j

4 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by gretblue: 6:04pm On Dec 29, 2016
donogaga:
Nice one.

What are some of the mind-blowing facts about Arsenal?

Here's my list :
1) Arsenal are nicknamed 'The Gunners' because they were formed by a group of cannon makers at the Woolwich Arsenal in 1886.

2) Arsenal is the only league team still in existence that has never been relegated. Arsenal has been in top flight English football since 1919-1920.

3) Arsenal completed the 2003–04 FA Premier League campaign unbeaten . Their league record was 26 wins, 12 draws and 0 losses, over 38 games in total.
Continuing into the 2004-05 season, Arsenal eventually went 49 Premier League games unbeaten, which was a new record for the most consecutive league games without defeat, the sequence coming to an end with a controversial 2–0 defeat to Manchester United.

4) The Premier League commissioned a special gold version of the Premier League trophy to commemorate Arsenal's achievement.

5) Arsene Wenger became the first foreign manager to lift the Premiership title, when Arsenal won it in the season of 1997-98.

6) Arsenal is the first English team to beat Real Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu, Bayern Munich at Allianz Arena and AC Milan at San Siro.

7) Arsenal are the first and only British side to defeat both Milanese teams 'FC Internazionale' and 'AC Milan' at the San Siro - 5-1 (UEFA Champions League group stage , 25 November 2003), 2-0 (UEFA Champions League second round second leg, 4 March 2008) respectively.

cool Arsenal became the first team to win the League Cup and FA Cup in the same year, 1993.

9) Arsenal has the record of keeping a clean sheet for 10 consecutive Champions League matches. They went exactly 995 minutes without conceding a goal.

10) Arsenal’s match against Sheffield United on 22nd January 1927 at Highbury, was the first ever English league match to be broadcasted on the radio. An exhibition match between their first team and the reserves held on 16th September 1937 was the first ever football match to be televised live.
Really?

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by kayjasper(f): 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
Kikikikikikiki.. Arsenal olodo!!

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Nobody: 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
donogaga:
Nice one.

Here's my list :
1) Arsenal are nicknamed 'The Gunners' because they were formed by a group of cannon makers at the Woolwich Arsenal in 1886.

2) Arsenal is the only league team still in existence that has never been relegated. Arsenal has been in top flight English football since 1919-1920.

3) Arsenal completed the 2003–04 FA Premier League campaign unbeaten . Their league record was 26 wins, 12 draws and 0 losses, over 38 games in total.
Continuing into the 2004-05 season, Arsenal eventually went 49 Premier League games unbeaten, which was a new record for the most consecutive league games without defeat, the sequence coming to an end with a controversial 2–0 defeat to Manchester United.

4) The Premier League commissioned a special gold version of the Premier League trophy to commemorate Arsenal's achievement.

5) Arsene Wenger became the first foreign manager to lift the Premiership title, when Arsenal won it in the season of 1997-98.

6) Arsenal is the first English team to beat Real Madrid at Santiago Bernabeu, Bayern Munich at Allianz Arena and AC Milan at San Siro.

7) Arsenal are the first and only British side to defeat both Milanese teams 'FC Internazionale' and 'AC Milan' at the San Siro - 5-1 (UEFA Champions League group stage , 25 November 2003), 2-0 (UEFA Champions League second round second leg, 4 March 2008) respectively.

cool Arsenal became the first team to win the League Cup and FA Cup in the same year, 1993.

9) Arsenal has the record of keeping a clean sheet for 10 consecutive Champions League matches. They went exactly 995 minutes without conceding a goal.

10) Arsenal’s match against Sheffield United on 22nd January 1927 at Highbury, was the first ever English league match to be broadcasted on the radio. An exhibition match between their first team and the reserves held on 16th September 1937 was the first ever football match to be televised live.

forever an arsenal fan
gunners for life

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by djbobby007: 6:05pm On Dec 29, 2016
because we arsenal

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by adeadeyera(m): 6:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
donogaga:
Nice one.

I was too sure the hocus pocus couldn't be without one flaw or another.

Anyway, there isn't such word as "BROADCASTED"
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Echelle(m): 6:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
Emescot:
Am i wrong if i say Naija has the highest number of arsenal fans... Win or no Win its in the blood... COYG!
wrong
Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by fuckingAyaya(m): 6:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
celebrating champions league or their EPL position

2 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by alizma: 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
this is called loyalty to your club

3 Likes

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Arsasee(m): 6:14pm On Dec 29, 2016
Nigeria has done so much for the UK. The UK has done less for Nigeria!!!

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by soath(m): 6:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
pmc01:

I'm an Arsenal fan. So?
Please you are not.

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by khordistic(m): 6:17pm On Dec 29, 2016
4 pictures acknowledging dia 4th position grin grin

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by Elmojiid(m): 6:18pm On Dec 29, 2016
abeg na wetin dem win....celebratin for bin 4th on d table or wat

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by sagitariusbaby(m): 6:21pm On Dec 29, 2016
Arsenal fans are the true definition of what a faithful fan should be, they are always there in times of good and bad.
I just love arsenal

1 Like

Re: PHOTOS: Fans Celebrates Arsenal Day In Okene by pennytrate: 6:22pm On Dec 29, 2016
♣ • → uhm if it's a small town, then man utd will be the whole state undecided °°

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ndidi, Osimhen Or Chukweze: Who Is The New Face Of Nigeria's Football? / Women's World Cup 2019: France Scores Fastest Goal In Opening Match (Photos) / Ahmed Musa To Sponsor 100 Students To Study In University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.