Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,456 members, 7,812,399 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:44 PM

5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? - Travel (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? (54983 Views)

Lagos Tops List Of Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 – EIU Report / Lagos And Abuja Named Among The Worst Cities To Live In Africa, 2018 / Lagos Ranked As One Of The Worst Cities To Live In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by moghulis: 10:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
Where is Enugu, Uyo, PH? Op thunder fire your yanchgrin
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by TheVictorious(m): 10:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
What is abeokuta doing there, you showed pictures of nice city settings, then showed us a pic of olumo rock (for abeokuta), op na wa 4 u oh
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Nobody: 10:08pm On Dec 29, 2016
wtfCode:

How?

Ur own afonja(mumuism) no get rival at all.

Why are you wailing on top another person matter! Fllatties, softly softly

2 Likes

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Oladigun(m): 10:10pm On Dec 29, 2016
DONT FORGET TO INCLUDE ILERO PLS !
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Rollwitu(f): 10:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
Vickiweezy:
Stupid analysis @op..
Have you ever been to port-harcourt?
You just wan hype yorubaland
It's not my analysis, and am not Yoruba but Hausa smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by edudguy(m): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
Lagos is just one funny kind of place to live in everyone is in a haste.. I noticed it when I started school in the East (Anambra). Everyone is friendly, whenever someone enters a bus he greets everyone and says Hi.. No much crowd and you hardly see traffic jam,Drivers will be pleading with you to enter their bus, but in Lagos? If I hear. If someone enters a bus the first thing he'll do is to fight and argue with people in the bus (Shift jor I said shift). Don't get me started with the traffic. Lets just say almost everyone in Lagos is always in a bad mood
P. S I used Anambra because thats where I have been opportuned to stay I am sure states that do not large population are also friendly and never in a haste.. (before someone will cut off my head)

8 Likes

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Rollwitu(f): 10:20pm On Dec 29, 2016
Edenoscar:
I am certain that list was compilled by a yoruba man, where is ibadan and abeokuta located? angry
The list might have been Compiled by a Yoruba man, I don't know since its a repost but not everything is tribalistic, am Hausa and thier is hardly any northern state there but I still posted the topic. smiley

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Baroba(m): 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
Enugu.. My beautiful state..Low crime, law abiding folks, clean and serene, pretty girls, good food..echetra echetra cool

3 Likes

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by 2termz(m): 10:23pm On Dec 29, 2016
Now this is what I call BULLSHIT!!!

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Rollwitu(f): 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2016
wtfCode:
Iidiotic op
I guess u mean Idiotic , anyways I asked if u agreed obviously u don't, so what state do u think should be there and why. P.s try not to be bias and select only from your region

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by othman11(m): 10:25pm On Dec 29, 2016
Rollwitu:
Whether in Nigeria or anywhere else in the world, there is always a best place to live in – in terms of security and safety, serenity, road network, air travel, job opportunities, business opportunities, availability of power supply or its alternatives, recreational facilities/hotels and lodging, and standard or cost of living among other things.

These are currently changing, but these are the 5 best Nigerian cities to live as at today, without any bias toward the others not mentioned here, they may qualify for inclusion in the next review:
Can lalasticlala
Gombe ?? Kaduna??
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Ghost447(m): 10:29pm On Dec 29, 2016
Vickiweezy:
Stupid analysis @op..
Have you ever been to port-harcourt?
You just wan hype yorubaland
The op is grossly inexperienced, uninformed and highly myopic.
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by curvilicious: 10:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
Noneroone:
IPOD is no catching, he is catching himself with a consolation thread.

Na IPOD abi IPOB angry
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Rollwitu(f): 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
kenchop:
@Rollwitu , u lied from ur anus. Lagos ia one one of the worst places to live in on earth. but ur tribalistic dark soul won't let you know the truth. u even mentioned ibadan and abeokuta . ur folly satinks to d clouds

Oh my God ,why does everything have tribalistic, am a northerner.i am not Yoruba am Hausa yet they are no northern state there( I count Abuja as middlebelt) , it's not my list it's reposted but whoever wrote this list gave strong points. And the only tribalistic person here is u, u've already concluded my tribe from a simple post because u expect everyone to be like u, give your own list with reasons or stop trying to start up tribalistic wars.

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by highbee02: 10:31pm On Dec 29, 2016
Rollwitu:
iii. Ibadan

Ibadan is an ancient, laid back city in Oyo State – the center of the Pan Yoruba race. Ibadan is much more serene and peaceful and even very dull compared to Lagos. It has all the trappings of an ancient city, but it is more or less the biggest city in West Africa. Business is always dull in Ibadan, and it is a dead city from the perspectives of those struggling all their lives in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt.

Housing is very cheap in Ibadan, except in GRAs and areas dominated by wealthy industrialists. The road network was terrible, but has now been greatly improved under the previous and current administrations. Power supply is terrible and affects businesses here, but people manage to get by with power generators.

Ibadan is the most peaceful city in Nigeria and the cheapest to live in in terms of acincommodation, lodging, food, and basic necessities of life. The first university in Nigeria – the University of Ibadan, is located here, and the standardized UCH is here. There is no more any active airport in Ibadan, but it is very safe and serene to live in. Business opportunities also abound in the city, but this cannot be compared to Lagos or Abuja.
[b]
Rollwitu:
iii. Ibadan

Ibadan is an ancient, laid back city in Oyo State – the center of the Pan Yoruba race. Ibadan is much more serene and peaceful and even very dull compared to Lagos. It has all the trappings of an ancient city, but it is more or less the biggest city in West Africa. Business is always dull in Ibadan, and it is a dead city from the perspectives of those struggling all their lives in Lagos, Abuja, and Port Harcourt.

Housing is very cheap in Ibadan, except in GRAs and areas dominated by wealthy industrialists. The road network was terrible, but has now been greatly improved under the previous and current administrations. Power supply is terrible and affects businesses here, but people manage to get by with power generators.

Ibadan is the most peaceful city in Nigeria and the cheapest to live in in terms of acincommodation, lodging, food, and basic necessities of life. The first university in Nigeria – the University of Ibadan, is located here, and the standardized UCH is here. There is no more any active airport in Ibadan, but it is very safe and serene to live in. Business opportunities also abound in the city, but this cannot be compared to Lagos or Abuja.
[/b][quote author=Rollwitu post=52368476]iii. Ibadan

Ibadan is the most peaceful city in Nigeria and the cheapest to live in in terms of acincommodation, lodging, food, and basic necessities of life. The first university in Nigeria – the University of Ibadan, is located here, and the standardized UCH is here. There is no more any active airport in Ibadan, but it is very safe and serene to live in. Business opportunities also abound in the city, but this cannot be compared to Lagos or Abuja.[/quot

the MOST peaceful city in Nigeria and the cheapest to live in in terms of accommodation, food and basic neccessities of life is ILORIN-Ilorin international airport, UITH, and d better by far university
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by FreeSpirited: 10:34pm On Dec 29, 2016
This Afonja OP don chop swear no be small....from our opponent Igbos........
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Rollwitu(f): 10:40pm On Dec 29, 2016
oglalasioux:

Please you've overhyped Abuja. Do you live there or you visited for just a day? Have you been to places like Galadimawa, Lugbe and Lokogoma and seen the roads there? You'll edit your opinion of Abuja after you do. Abuja is largely still under construction. Even the central business district has poor road networks due to uncompleted roads. Please don't pull things out of Wikipedia. Give firsthand information.
It's a repost, but I do live in Abuja and have been living in Abuja for really long time (lived half of my life there). And have been to all the places u mentioned. So what city do u think is better ?
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Raheemzee(m): 10:41pm On Dec 29, 2016
Godfullsam:
No states from the north, south east and south south

Let IPOD catch you...

shey abuja no b north?
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by DonXavi(m): 10:45pm On Dec 29, 2016
robosky02:

the op is in oduduwa republic not Nigeria

what happen to cities like

Kaduna

calabar

port Harcourt

Enugu

etc grin
I think his knowledge about Nigeria is only limited to the southwest alone. Before one can open such a thread that person needs to be someone who has traveled extensively across Nigeria

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Rollwitu(f): 10:49pm On Dec 29, 2016
KidsNEXTdoor:
Op..... Must be a cone head
Cos they don't travel
They only stay in oshogbo open a nairaland account and knack head on the ground until they die
Lol but am Hausa. Sorry to disappoint
There's no northern state thier but I still posted the topic try and not be tribalistic .

1 Like

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by NasMaleeq(m): 10:53pm On Dec 29, 2016
But why are you guys so against Abeokuta a peaceful city and I can't blame you especially those of you that are from south where other tribes are making complaint of due to your bad behaviours. Let's forget about tribal whatever yoruba states are more peaceful than any other states in the country cos yoruba will fully accommodate any tribe than any other tribe let's take Lagos and Ibadan as an example where else can you see different tribes relating better than yoruba land.
Enugu ko inu igi ni mtcchw

6 Likes

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by ImoRiver: 11:06pm On Dec 29, 2016
Owerri is as good as Abuja and is even on the verge of surpassing Abuja if the development continues at the present pace.
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by akeensbussy(m): 11:07pm On Dec 29, 2016
Where is Ondo State...

My signature, check it out
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Vickiweezy(m): 11:09pm On Dec 29, 2016
Rollwitu:

It's not my analysis, and am not Yoruba but Hausa smiley

Then quote your source, cos your write up is inaccurate.
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by moghulis: 11:16pm On Dec 29, 2016
NasMaleeq:
But why are you guys so against Abeokuta a peaceful city and I can't blame you especially those of you that are from south where other tribes are making complaint of due to your bad behaviours. Let's forget about tribal whatever yoruba states are more peaceful than any other states in the country cos yoruba will fully accommodate any tribe than any other tribe let's take Lagos and Ibadan as an example where else can you see different tribes relating better than yoruba land.
Enugu ko inu igi ni mtcchw

Hmmm... Never knew Afonja coneheads are accommodating. Tell me what I don't know.
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by HopeAtHand: 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
Afam4eva:
The best way to be bias and not get suspected is by making sure you don't seem biased. As i see Abeokuta and Benin, i just tire. The OP forgot to add Ado Ekiti.

Nice one. I really do not care about the OP and his list. Lists are almost an everyday thing on NL. Whatever he thinks, the economic indices are the truest.
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by Izen: 11:19pm On Dec 29, 2016
Rollwitu:
iii. Ibadan

Fallacy!! Oga please do your refresh well. I wonder why I still hear planes flying over my roof
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by stpat1(m): 11:26pm On Dec 29, 2016
Vickiweezy:
Stupid analysis @op.. Have you ever been to port-harcourt? You just wan hype yorubaland
What is in Port Harcourt?
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by gregyboy(m): 11:27pm On Dec 29, 2016
dump ases comment was wromg putting benin its is choice una wan beat am take a look at it.its a save place to be
Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by pawesome(m): 11:28pm On Dec 29, 2016
Op,u lie..u lie..even jos beta pass ABK..ABK,pple nt welcoming,if u dnt knw hw to speak yoruba,u go old even schls...weather is damn hot.road netwk is ok..buh J.town,nyc n chilin weather.d pple re friendy.roads re gud kinda..fruits n fud re evrywia..op,u need to cum to j.town fr a week n c fr urself den u go knw say abk is wack

2 Likes

Re: 5 Best Nigerian Cities To Live In - Do You Agree? by gregyboy(m): 11:30pm On Dec 29, 2016
[quote author=gregyboy post=52375493]dump ases comment was wromg putting benin its is choice una wan beat am take a look at it.its a save place to be Bleep port harcourt so much hype for.the state no peace at all in dat state it showed during der election

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

₦163b, 19floors Into The Ground, China To Open Groundscraper Hotel In 2018(pics) / Lagosians, Why Are We Like This? (PHOTOS) / Swiss Woman Married To Anambra Guy, Compares Nigeria To Zurich- Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.