Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,294 members, 7,811,884 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 10:13 PM

Meet Lisa - Pets (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Meet Lisa (6585 Views)

Seven Weeks Old Lhasa For Sale At Affordable Prices. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 6:09pm On Jun 20, 2018
I was to leave her for a couple of days before the mating could take place, so on getting to the kennel, I was told to do another test different from the cytology test which was progesterone test, my dogs blood sample was collected and taking to the lab, then the test chose the 5th of may and 7th for best mating days, I dropped Lisa on the 4th of may, and on the 5th while back in Ibadan, I was called my the Kennel personnel to come pick up my dog that she was cooperating again and was vicious and aggressive, so I had to travel to lagos on the 6th and calm her down before she could finally allow the first mating to take place.
Then I went back to ibadan only to be back I'm lagos on Tuesday 8th for the final mating, then myself and Lisa were back to Ibadan.

1 Like

Re: Meet Lisa by rumenase(m): 12:28pm On Jun 22, 2018
good one OP jeep it up

1 Like

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 2:47pm On Jun 22, 2018
On our way back to Ibadanx, while driving, noticed police officers on the road distancing themselves from our vehicle as lisa wasn't beige friendly with anybody peeping into the vehicle and was barking and getting very aggressive, on approaching ibadan, customs official stopped us and was asking for papers but had to be asking me from afar, and the other official was calling the other officers to come take a look at lisa, but she wasn't having any of the visit and was barking at any slight approach towards her, they let us go and then one Nigerian police officer at Lead City was begging me to give her lisa for pepper soup, told him I will consider if he gives me 2million, we both laughed and we got home.
Attached her pictures from the journey

1 Like

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 3:07pm On Jun 22, 2018
Exactly a week passed and I couldn't wait to confirm if she was pregnant or not, to think of the wasted efforts, the risk and money and time devoted in making it all a success was scared to think about. So I kept checking out for signs which even as an experienced dog owner knew I can't detect yet until some certain period of time. But the anxiety was killing, so we waited and waited, someone was telling me to make sure I get her tied, (duh) that's a big myth even "woke" breeders practice.

I noticed she was still her normal self during the first week that his 9th may - 16th may. She peed more frequently and took more of naps at intervals. She still had a little bloody discharge which was perfectly light and normal. Then the waiting game continued

1 Like

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 3:15pm On Jun 22, 2018
Week 2 17th - 23rd

I noticed her appetite didn't increase so I kept at it for a little while more and she ate perfectly normal and acted normal apart from naps and many other activities she carried out daily, I let her play and exercise without restriction tho, as I felt she was being too hyper active and energized except for the napping parts, all these while nothing still could suggest if she was pregnant or not, but I kept the faith.

Attached below is Lisas family tree from the pedigree database

2 Likes

Re: Meet Lisa by rumenase(m): 1:03pm On Jun 23, 2018
Re: Meet Lisa by rumenase(m): 1:04pm On Jun 23, 2018
mr OP can yu pls share more pics of the stud
Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 3:35pm On Jun 23, 2018
rumenase:
mr OP can yu pls share more pics of the stud

Hello Rumenase, thanks for the encouragement towards this post, means a lot sir, I will surely upload the Dogs info in he next one or two comments sir. Thanks for following
Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 3:51pm On Jun 23, 2018
Week 3 23rd - 30th

Now my patience is waning and I lost all the faith I had left to check if Lisa was pregnant as "no signs" showed up whatsoever as at 3 weeks and i just kept feeding her. Lisa on the other end didn't make things easy as she didn't act like a dog pregnant as she was way more energetic and hyper. She ate quite normally and I kept giving her her favourite iced cold water. Then on the 29th of may which made it exactly 23 days from the date of the first mating, I checked her gum to see if it had turned white, (this was probably my last straw to keep the faith) to my suprise, it was still white and about turning pink to its former state, this was all I needed, and knew Lisa might indeed be pregnant, and then my wife who hasn't seen lisa in days said ; why is her nipples so pointed? Yaay! With that good observation, I was a bit more convinced. So her appetite remained the same tho, and I started reducing her exercises and walks to very short duration.

First pic: her gum about turning back to pink
Second pic: stretching and her favourite pose

Re: Meet Lisa by rumenase(m): 6:17pm On Jun 23, 2018
wolewolsz:
Week 3 23rd - 30th

Now my patience is waning and I lost all the faith I had left to check if Lisa was pregnant as "no signs" showed up whatsoever as at 3 weeks and i just kept feeding her. Lisa on the other end didn't make things easy as she didn't act like a dog pregnant as she was way more energetic and hyper. She ate quite normally and I kept giving her her favourite iced cold water. Then on the 29th of may which made it exactly 23 days from the date of the first mating, I checked her gum to see if it had turned white, (this was probably my last straw to keep the faith) to my suprise, it was still white and about turning pink to its former state, this was all I needed, and knew Lisa might indeed be pregnant, and then my wife who hasn't seen lisa in days said ; why is her nipples so pointed? Yaay! With that good observation, I was a bit more convinced. So her appetite remained the same tho, and I started reducing her exercises and walks to very short duration.

First pic: her gum about turning back to pink
Second pic: stretching and her favourite pose

OP I don't understand that white gum part
Re: Meet Lisa by Tochex101(m): 7:21pm On Jun 23, 2018
wolewolsz:

Hello Rumenase, thanks for the encouragement towards this post, means a lot sir, I will surely upload the Dogs info in he next one or two comments sir. Thanks for following

Huge fan, I'm surprised haven't seen this thread as I visit this section daily....it's good to know more people subject their dogs to strength and endurance training.
Lisa is gorgeous......you mentioned stud fees of about #350k......Jesu!!!
If only we could see pics of such royal studs......well-done!

1 Like

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 2:40pm On Jun 26, 2018
Hello Rumenase, about expectant bitch, once its 21-23 days exactly from the first mating tends to have a more pale/whiter gum during this period, it is a good sign they may be pregnant as the blood (Dam) is gathering in the uterus for the puppies.

@Tochex101 yes, I was stunned when I heard too, but with the quality of the dogs at the kennel, the dogs sure deserve such prices. I will be introducing the kennel but I would tell you to check the breeder on Instagram, as I don't want to take the pictures of his page on here.
Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 2:54pm On Jun 26, 2018
Week 4 31st - 6th June

At this stage, Lisas nipples were a bit enlarged from the previous date and quite obvious she might be pregnant. Her lower abdomen region is a bit harder and slightly swollen but her behaviour doesn't change and she's still being her playful self. Took lisa on short walks and back to the house, then she on purpose plays "dead" so I can give her a belly rub which she enjoys before getting distracted. At the end of the week, I went to the vet store looking for puppy kibble feed I could start feeding lisa on, but I was told to check back the following weekend. So we continue waiting...

Re: Meet Lisa by wolewolsz(m): 3:12pm On Jun 26, 2018
The STUD

The stud used for Lisa is owned by Dr. Titi of HIS Kennels. Its the one and only Alexander Alfons bred from SA Superior Lazarus x Kleinsandfontein Bonnie. During the last BDBAN linear dog appraisal, he was the highest rated boerboel in Nigeria from the locations they chose. This really spiked my interest in the stud and chose to go with Alexander Alfons.

My reasons for choosing the stud was these;

1. It comes from a great bloodline
2. Its one of the very best studs in Nigeria
3. Highest Appraisal
4. Its got a black muzzle which lisa doesn't have
5. Good superb litter from previous mating

You can check his instagram for more pictures

Insta: @His_kennels

1 Like

Re: Meet Lisa by rumenase(m): 3:55pm On Jun 26, 2018
wolewolsz:
Hello Rumenase, about expectant bitch, once its 21-23 days exactly from the first mating tends to have a more pale/whiter gum during this period, it is a good sign they may be pregnant as the blood (Dam) is gathering in the uterus for the puppies.

thanks I never knew about that until now.
Re: Meet Lisa by rumenase(m): 4:03pm On Jun 26, 2018
wolewolsz:
The STUD

The stud used for Lisa is owned by Dr. Titi of HIS Kennels. Its the one and only Alexander Alfons bred from SA Superior Lazarus x Kleinsandfontein Bonnie. During the last BDBAN linear dog appraisal, he was the highest rated boerboel in Nigeria from the locations they chose. This really spiked my interest in the stud and chose to go with Alexander Alfons.

3. Highest Appraisal

wonderful blood line indeed and his appraisal score was really impressive
Re: Meet Lisa by Tochex101(m): 8:06pm On Jun 26, 2018
wolewolsz:
The STUD

3. Highest Appraisal

So gallant.......... everybody come and see oh.....I no fit see good thing keep quiet.

1 Like

Re: Meet Lisa by okikiosibodu(m): 8:04pm On Nov 25, 2019
wolewolsz:
So my Dog is growing into the perfect security dog and exhibits all known trait of the boerboel. I am tired of explaining to neighbors she isn't trying to bite them as she's just being playful... if she was going to bite, we surely would be having the convo in the hospital and not here...
anytime from 9pm, Lisa doesn't wanna hear a pin drop from the gate and she barks to attack... she's just the perfect security dog... and people fear coming to our ends now...
Lol, if na you, you go wait? Are you the dog? Is the dog you? Is you the dog?
The greatest level one can bond with a dog is when you are beginning to doubt if the dog can ever attack anyone cos of how much you have bonded with it, only for toy to see the same dog giving someone an hot chase... And the person yelling like his or her life depends on the yell as they scram to safety... grin
Re: Meet Lisa by okikiosibodu(m): 8:15pm On Nov 25, 2019
Jungpablo and Rumenase my ogas at the top, how you dey. Op, pls update this thread ke... Lisa is really lovely. Love her head formation. With the great stuff, her pups will come out better
Will you advice a first time owner starts with a Boerboel or GSD?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

5 Months + Few Days OLD PEDIGREE Male Caucasian Orvchaka 4Sale (Pics). / 3 Months Female Malinois For Sale / Please Which Animal Is Ologede?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.