Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,089 members, 7,818,273 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:37 AM

In Need Of A Laptop For Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / In Need Of A Laptop For Programming (1488 Views)

Good PC Spec For Programming And Design: Your Advice / Minimum Computer Specs For Programming / Recommend A Laptop For Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

In Need Of A Laptop For Programming by Danielbuyner: 2:10am On Dec 30, 2016
I know this is a long shot but I have been trying to get a laptop for over a year now so that I can start learning how to program and till date I have not been able to get one, this frustration has even led me to try learning with my android phone but you know that they is so far you can go until you need a laptop.
So I'm using this means to appeal if you can help me address this situation so I can achieve my dreams.
Re: In Need Of A Laptop For Programming by Whytelyon(m): 10:17pm On Dec 30, 2016
It's not the laptop that does the programming, its the information you feed into the programming that matters. I use a computer that's pentium, and it works fine, planning on getting a core i7 anytime now. And I do hard core C programme on it, deploy virtual machines, do assembly, do pen testing use kali on it. The system has grown to be a rugged system, judging that the owner has used military hands on it while learning advanced C/c++. grin

Truly it's not the laptop, its you.

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Laptop For Programming by Nobody: 8:00am On Dec 31, 2016
Whytelyon:
It's not the laptop that does the programming, its the information you feed into the programming that matters. I use a computer that's pentium, and it works fine, planning on getting a core i7 anytime now. And I do hard core C programme on it, deploy virtual machines, do assembly, do pen testing use kali on it. The system has grown to be a rugged system, judging that the owner has used military hands on it while learning advanced C/c++. grin

You mean he would compile codes and install softwares in his brain abi?

2 Likes

Re: In Need Of A Laptop For Programming by Whytelyon(m): 9:30am On Dec 31, 2016
Sircomeference:

You mean he would compile codes and install softwares in his brain abi?

You can do that as well, it's no big deal grin.

You talk very stupidly, you day fine who you go use shine. So pentium computers don't install softwares? Or he cannot code software on pentium pc? Even android now compiles programs too mind you. That's why I said it's not the pc it's him. Now get out of my sight, you wan form boss when it's very clear you don't even know a thing or two. Where were u when he asked the question and why didn't you reply?
Re: In Need Of A Laptop For Programming by Danielbuyner: 1:38pm On Dec 31, 2016
Whytelyon:

Bro it's not about me I can't compile codes in my head or on paper and specializing with a particular framework is impossible.....I know there are android compilers but after learning the basics I will definitely need to access an IDE which is not possible on an android platform.
Re: In Need Of A Laptop For Programming by Whytelyon(m): 2:05pm On Dec 31, 2016
Danielbuyner:

Bro it's not about me I can't compile codes in my head or on paper and specializing with a particular framework is impossible.....I know there are android compilers but after learning the basics I will definitely need to access an IDE which is not possible on an android platform.

Judging from that idiotic post that small boy gave. I don't recall where I said you compile codes in your head. What am saying is any pc compiles a code,small medium or big. English shouldn't be that hard. Get a PC, code and make money, doesn't matter if it's a mini pc or the big ones.

You still don't understand?
Re: In Need Of A Laptop For Programming by Nobody: 10:03pm On Dec 31, 2016
most tools (software) used in writing codes have what is called minimum hardware requirements, its like running android studio 2.2 on a 512mb ram laptop or a serious game developer using just any laptop and expecting your brain to do wonders

if you want a laptop, first know the tools (frameworks, ide etc) you are going to use and its minimum hardware requirements and get it no excuses hustle and get it.
Re: In Need Of A Laptop For Programming by Nobody: 4:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
I think this is the actual problem the op is facing
For everytime he asked of help on a programming laptop... People will be busy arguing about cores, ram, os etc... instead of telling him what he needs...

(1) (Reply)

Design That Top Notch Idea On Your Mind / Im In Dire Need Of App Or Software For Stock Taking / Hoiw Can I Mod Java Application

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.