Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,940 members, 7,821,296 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:04 AM

Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 (3489 Views)

Is There Any Problem With Toyota Avalon / The Official Car Comparison/Recommendation Thread / Can I Replace Honda City Engine With Toyota Engine (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by MUSAYUD: 3:55am On Dec 30, 2016
I need professional advice concerning ownership of Honda Accord 2006 and Toyota Camry 2003. I appreciate your candid opinion.
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by symbianDON(m): 10:56pm On Dec 31, 2016
MUSAYUD:
I need professional advice concerning ownership of Honda Accord 2006 and Toyota Camry 2003. I appreciate your candid opinion.
personally I find the 2002-2004 camry rather bland and lacking in design: exterior and interior. on the other hand, the 2006-2007 accord has a sleek design both ways. also, the accord seems to have an edge in terms of specs when you comare the top trims of both cars; the xle vs the ex-l. the accord's top trim is loaded with remote window glass control, front seat and side mirror heaters, 8 airbags, automatic delayed shut off headlights, dual zone air conditioning, oil life display and a few other specs the camry doesn't offer. however, there are a few specs the camry offers that are lacking in the accord. an example is the dusk sensing headlights of the camry. performance wise, I think the accord has better road handling but noisier engine. the accord actually has a more powerful engine than the camry. IMO, the accord has better suspension especially when our roads are taken into consideration. the camry's suspension is rather too soft for us. parts for both vehicles are quite and are priced within the same range.

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by Nobody: 2:35pm On Jan 01, 2017
I hate both cars. still, I will take the Camry over the accord. the accord is more beautiful but I despise big dashboards.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by Greene66: 2:49pm On Jan 01, 2017
symbianDON:

personally I find the 2002-2004 camry rather bland and lacking in design: exterior and interior. on the other hand, the 2006-2007 accord has a sleek design both ways. also, the accord seems to have an edge in terms of specs when you comare the top trims of both cars; the xle vs the ex-l. the accord's top trim is loaded with remote window glass control, front seat and side mirror heaters, 8 airbags, automatic delayed shut off headlights, dual zone air conditioning, oil life display and a few other specs the camry doesn't offer. however, there are a few specs the camry offers that are lacking in the accord. an example is the dusk sensing headlights of the camry. performance wise, I think the accord has better road handling but noisier engine. the accord actually has a more powerful engine than the camry. IMO, the accord has better suspension especially when our roads are taken into consideration. the camry's suspension is rather too soft for us. parts for both vehicles are quite and are priced within the same range.

FYI. The camry has:

8 Airbags
Automatic delayed shut off headlights
Front seat heaters
The camry engine is more powerful than the Accord. (V6)
Suspension is okay!
Factory-fitted Tinted Glass
Front and Rear A/C Vents
5 Speed Automatic (V6)
Little or No Engine Noise (No one would notice you passed by)
Electronic air controls
Fog lights
Moon-roof
Lots of places to stash 'private' things cheesy (if you know what I mean)

The only disadvantage I find:
- Too big (basically big for nothing. Good for fat and big people)
- Boring Dash (But what else should be on the dashboard that isn't there already?)

The only thing I see in the camry is the excess space and boring dash which can be tweaked to your taste as I tweaked mine by adding more features(doesn't cost much). The space Is the major thing that made me pick the car as a result of my size as I feel very comfortable like I'm in a bus. All vehicles I use are Large Sedans or SUV. So my point is the camry has no issue at all. It's just big! Which is why many don't like it. But in terms of spec, it's got it.

As for design, may be true but get a white camry and see how people on the road would be hailing you as the white fits the camry wink

And I advise the op gets the 2005 camry xle V6.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by symbianDON(m): 5:04pm On Jan 01, 2017
Greene66:

FYI. The camry has:

8 Airbags
Automatic delayed shut off headlights
Front seat heaters
The camry engine is more powerful than the Accord. (V6)
Suspension is okay!
Factory-fitted Tinted Glass
Front and Rear A/C Vents
5 Speed Automatic (V6)
Little or No Engine Noise (No one would notice you passed by)
Electronic air controls
Fog lights
Moon-roof
Lots of places to stash 'private' things cheesy (if you know what I mean)

The only disadvantage I find:
- Too big (basically big for nothing. Good for fat and big people)
- Boring Dash (But what else should be on the dashboard that isn't there already?)

The only thing I see in the camry is the excess space and boring dash which can be tweaked to your taste as I tweaked mine by adding more features(doesn't cost much). The space Is the major thing that made me pick the car as a result of my size as I feel very comfortable like I'm in a bus. All vehicles I use are Large Sedans or SUV. So my point is the camry has no issue at all. It's just big! Which is why many don't like it. But in terms of spec, it's got it.

As for design, may be true but get a white camry and see how people on the road would be hailing you as the white fits the camry wink

And I advise the op gets the 2005 camry xle V6.
wow! impressive. however, the accord has a more powerful engine

2 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by symbianDON(m): 5:07pm On Jan 01, 2017
accord

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by baaliyah(m): 7:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
Even accord 03 to 05 is better than big for nothing in all aspects except trunk space.

6 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by kingreign(m): 7:14am On Jan 02, 2017
symbianDON:

wow! impressive. however, the accord has a more powerful engine

Your specs sheet for the Camry engine is wrong. The SE and XLE V6 used a 3MZ-FE 3.3l V6 which is 225hp

Personally, if I were thinking sporty, or fashion, I'd do the Honda, if I'm thinking towards getting a stately wafting sedan, the Camry is good.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by symbianDON(m): 7:58am On Jan 02, 2017
kingreign:

Your specs sheet for the Camry engine is wrong. The SE and XLE V6 used a 3MZ-FE 3.3l V6 which is 225hp

Personally, if I were thinking sporty, or fashion, I'd do the Honda, if I'm thinking towards getting a stately wafting sedan, the Camry is good.
that's great! I never knew that was the 3.3litre engine fitted to the camry. I must have greatly under-estimated it.
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by diportivo: 11:12am On Jan 02, 2017
Not even the 06 Camry vs the 06 accord

Na so una ridicule Honda reach angry

Personally I wld do the accord over the Camry especially the model years involved

Besides,I won't like to park outside and keep having the fear of my car getting stolen b4 the end of the party grin

7 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by kingreign(m): 11:31am On Jan 02, 2017
The accord is a better car anytime any day.

6 Likes

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by GAZZUZZ(m): 11:42am On Jan 02, 2017
A more reliable engine.

1 Like

Re: Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by franklynsunny(m): 11:24pm On Jan 02, 2017
symbianDON:

Eod 2005 n Mercedes benz C200 2003? Which ve more expensive on repairs and maintainence n also fuel consumption wise? Which is affordable,i mid urgent advise Recession is here n I want d best economic car wit cheap repairs
Pls jus advise me pls
Which do I chose
I want to buy Nig use Eod 05 or benz 03 c200 four plug compressor
Eod 05 or c200 03 both 4 plug Which is bera??
Pls advise ur professional reason
D c class is 4plug
Re: Honda Accord 2006 Comparison With Toyota Camry 2003 by daveemuobo(m): 2:41am On Jan 03, 2017
You should not/cannot even compare the camry 2003 with the accord 03, talkless of 2006

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Honda EOD For Sale, 2005 Model / You Want To Sell Your Car Within 3hrs, I Can Help You Get That Done. / Cause Of Steering Vibration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.