Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,081 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:07 AM

Rahama Or Umuani? - Celebrities (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Rahama Or Umuani? (12979 Views)

Photo: Mavin Star Di’ja Visits Girl With No Limb Rahama Haruna In Kano / Rahama Sadau Gets A Rooftop Suprise Birthday Party. Daul Celebration. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by AloyEmeka6: 6:35pm On Nov 23, 2009
And sharia law will cut off her hands and yansh if she gets busted. Is it worth the risk?. Remember that Mohammed is the rich one and rich people do get information and favors they didn't ask for.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Outstrip(f): 7:12pm On Nov 23, 2009
Sharia punishment does not extend to rich people. They save it for the poor
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Nobody: 7:35pm On Nov 23, 2009
I still don't get why a supposedly educated woman would see nothing wrong in becoming a second wife. Religion is really a force.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Nobody: 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2009
Many people from the north have learnt to embrace polygamy, embrace with them kiss kiss cheesy cheesy
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by AloyEmeka6: 12:27am On Nov 24, 2009
stillwater:

I still don't get why a supposedly educated woman would see nothing wrong in becoming a second wife. Religion is really a force.

Education and polygamy has no relationship but money and polygamy have a very strong relationship.

1 Like

Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by ponytail: 6:00pm On Nov 25, 2009
Outstrip:

We are talking about Babangida's child here. There is no way she and everybody else did not know he was already married

the story is that Umuani was his first and long time love, apparently they couldn't get married due to parental pressure, for some reasons IBB them were supposed to have favoured the first wife. this would probably explain why the dude was a bachelor for so long. When the dust settled, he went out and married the madam of his choice, albeit as a second wife
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Outstrip(f): 10:04pm On Nov 25, 2009
Is it not funny that I said the exact same thing above and I did not even know the story behind it

ponytail:

the story is that Umuani was his first and long time love, apparently they couldn't get married due to parental pressure, for some reasons IBB them were supposed to have favoured the first wife. this would probably explain why the dude was a bachelor for so long. When the dust settled, he went out and married the madam of his choice, albeit as a second wife
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by AloyEmeka6: 8:23pm On Nov 26, 2009
ponytail:

Parents do that a lot and its bad. Why did the 1st wife agree to marry him when it was clear that he doesn't love her. Its an arranged marriage and she should take some blame here. Mohammed belonged to Umuani and she took him away from her. Is there anything wrong in someone getting back her lost property?
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Nobody: 8:58pm On Nov 26, 2009
^^ are you ok?

what do you mean he "belonged to her"?

shouldnt the girl have married someone else after he did his own nuptials?

Nigerian girls and this I'm waiting for "my man" mentality.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by AloyEmeka6: 9:14pm On Nov 26, 2009
The first wife entered Mohammed through the window and that is what she gets; the second entered through the door because she owns the house before the 1st one snatched it away temporarily.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 26, 2009
^^ I'm not sure you know the meaning of marriage.

Is Mohammed a small boy who deosnt know his left from his right?

when he marries the third, fourth and fifth wives, how will you explain that? His kindergarten sweethearts who Umuani displaced?
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 26, 2009
and like someone pointed out, you mislabelled the pictures, probably intentionally.

The first wife is the one in the blue headtie- you may notice the couple looks more relaxed and happy, while the first set of photos are of the second one. Hope you see how tense he and everyone else is?

your theory is busted.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by AloyEmeka6: 11:45pm On Nov 26, 2009
Just don't usurp another woman's potential husband. Consider this a warning.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Nobody: 5:23am On Nov 27, 2009
^^I'm just setting you straight, sweetie.

Dont encourage evil just because of filthy lucre.

would you encourage your daughter to be a home wrecker or would you like her own home wrecked someday in the manner you're laughing at here.

be careful what you wish for.

the fact that the wife packed out of her matrimonial home over this matter, should be enough reason for you to tread very carefully even if Umuani is your blood relative.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Outstrip(f): 5:29am On Nov 27, 2009
The sad part is that the second wife is not smart. He did not love her enough to defy his parents but she is loving him enough to marry him and reduce herself to a home wrecker status. She should have just moved on because she obviously respected him more than he respected her
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by AloyEmeka6: 12:02pm On Nov 27, 2009
Outstrip:

The sad part is that the second wife is not smart. He did not love her enough to defy his parents but she is loving him enough to marry him and reduce herself to a home wrecker status. She should have just moved on because she obviously respected him more than he respected her

Mohammed wrecked his own home and not Umuani. Leave Umuani out of this biko.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by thameamead(f): 12:33pm On Nov 27, 2009
Outstrip:

Sharia punishment does not extend to rich people. They save it for the poor

Outstrip:

You really think that in this day and age with beautiful educated women for that matter there will be no hanky panky on the side. Those women will step out on him. That's just the truth about most polygamous relationships. The men are not the only ones sleeping around. She can have her husband and her true love. If she is smart she will use her shameless husbands money to finance a very nice lifestyle for her boyfriend grin

ibkaye:

Many people from the north have learnt to embrace polygamy, embrace with them kiss kiss cheesy cheesy

Outstrip:

We are talking about Babangida's child here. There is no way she and everybody else did not know he was already married
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by ponytail: 5:59am On Nov 29, 2009
tpia.:

and like someone pointed out, you mislabelled the pictures, probably intentionally.

The first wife is the one in the blue headtie- you may notice the couple looks more relaxed and happy, while the first set of photos are of the second one. Hope you see how tense he and everyone else is?

your theory is busted.

if I'm not wrong, the first photo of a couple is of Mohammed and Rahama, the second photo is of him and Umuani while the third photo of a couple is of him and Rahama again.

Did Rahama pack out? I gather she was upset during the wedding to umuani and she was absent during the whole ceremony, pretty understandable. But they are all Muslims aren't they? He is supposed to be able to marry more than one wife isn't he? I'm not justifying the good or bad of it, but it cant be totally unexpected considering their customs and especially if the first marriage was an arranged marriage.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Nobody: 6:07am On Nov 29, 2009
not all muslims are polygamous.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by ponytail: 6:09am On Nov 29, 2009
Very true, but are they within their rights to be?
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by sjeezy8: 6:16am On Nov 29, 2009
I can tell Babangida loves his wife very much since hes not polygamous, and its kinda weird seeing his son married to two wives. As if he didnt learn from popsi on how to treat a lady.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Nobody: 6:18am On Nov 29, 2009
ponytail:

Very true, but are they within their rights to be?

polygamy is a personal preference, not a right.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by ponytail: 6:20am On Nov 29, 2009
Really? Even within Muslim law? I'm not sure what the exact text is but I was of the understanding that a Muslim man is entitled to more than one wife provided he can love them equally.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Nobody: 6:22am On Nov 29, 2009
ponytail:

Really? Even within Muslim law? I'm not sure what the exact text is but I was of the understanding that a Muslim man is entitled to more than one wife provided he can love them equally.

Iranians are muslim and they're one of the most monogamous people in the world.

Culture plays a huge part in these things.

and even in Africa, a muslim doesnt necessarily have to be polygamous though admittedly many are.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by ponytail: 6:23am On Nov 29, 2009
sjeezy8:

I can tell Babangida loves his wife very much since hes not polygamous, and its kinda weird seeing his son married to two wives. As if he didnt learn from popsi on how to treat a lady.

Apples and Oranges , IBB married his wife when he was stationed in Asaba. She left a pretty firm commitment with Bongos Ikwue (i think that's the right musician) to be with him, and loved him enough to change her religion - essentially IBB and Maryam's love was born out of personal choices not parental ones
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Nobody: 6:26am On Nov 29, 2009
was Maryam ever a Christian?

she's always had some muslim influence, I think.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by sjeezy8: 6:26am On Nov 29, 2009
shes igbo and was christian
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by ponytail: 6:27am On Nov 29, 2009
tpia.:

Iranians are muslim and they're one of the most monogamous people in the world.

Culture plays a huge part in these things.

and even in Africa, a muslim doesnt necessarily have to be polygamous though admittedly many are.

Oh I see - but do you know what the Qu'ran says about polygamy? Surely Mohammed, and most other Muslim men, must have some sort of legal backing under Sharia law for taking second wives
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Nobody: 6:28am On Nov 29, 2009
Monogamy in Islam:

http://www.sistersinislam.org.my/index.php?Itemid=194&id=417&option=com_content&task=view

There is also an authentic Tradition that the Prophet (s.a.w.) forbade his son-in-law, Ali ibn Abi Talib (r.a.) from marrying another woman unless Ali first divorced the Prophet's daughter, Fatimah (r.a.) A great-granddaughter of the Prophet (s.a.w), Sakinah binti Hussein, a granddaughter of Ali and Fatimah, put various conditions in her marriage contract, including the condition that her husband would have no right to take another wife during their marriage

The Hanbali school of law, which is regarded as the most conservative school among the four schools in Sunni Islam, did not hesitate to recognize the wife's right to exercise such an option. This right is now recognized in various Muslim countries in the Middle East, including among the Muslim communities who are not followers of the Hanbali school, e.g. in Jordan, Morocco, Egypt and Iran. Tunisia has gone further and forbade polygamy outright, on the ground that it is impossible in these days for a man to be able to deal justly with more than one wife.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by Nobody: 6:29am On Nov 29, 2009
sjeezy8:

shes igbo and was christian

I'm not sure about that.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by ponytail: 6:29am On Nov 29, 2009
sjeezy8:

shes igbo

Yep! she's Igbo. If you recall, it was very obvious in her dressing during the early days of the 'Better Life' program.
Re: Rahama Or Umuani? by sjeezy8: 6:33am On Nov 29, 2009
tpia.:

I'm not sure about that.

she is her real name is ndidi

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Falz Giving Out N1 Million To Support Any Creative Idea (Video) / Rare Pic Of Late Actor, Muna Obiekwe In His Casket / PHOTOS : Check Out Heavily Endowed Ex-girlfriend Of Davido And Ghana's "Kim K"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 126
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.