Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:52 AM

Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo (25332 Views)

Chuogo Okoye Slumps And Dies (Eze Ndigbo Of Agege, Lagos) / Henry Chibueze Onwughalu Is Dead (Eze Ndigbo In China Dies) / Izuchukwu Nwajiaku Dies In Malaysia (Eze Ndigbo 1 Of Malaysia) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by barcaboi(m): 1:58pm On Dec 30, 2016
cococandy:
Lmao.

How silly. Zero sense.
So the asiwaju or whatever will understand Igbo culture enough to pilot the affairs of the igbos over there?
This is stupid to say the least
if u don't understand something keep shut and read again...asiwaju is just a name....the person will still be igbo....just like jagaban is a title given to tinubu in borgu Kingdom. ....does not mean na yoruba go dey head dem

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by tollyboy5(m): 2:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
grin
buchilino:

4GET IT.
Lmao grin
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by falopey: 2:08pm On Dec 30, 2016
JideAmuGiaka:

RUBBISH.
Can you explain what it means to be in ROME and do like ROMANS, and tell me the places you've been to and also do ALL that they do. "I MEAN ALL"

What rule and custom of Ondo did Eze Igbo disrespected?

pls respond.
Wearing a crown to meet a sitting true king. 2: Considering himself a king in another man's land. 3: Dressing in kingly regalia while making himself a rival of the true king to the land.

2 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by Keketu(m): 2:26pm On Dec 30, 2016
cococandy:
Lmao.

How silly. Zero sense.
So the asiwaju or whatever will understand Igbo culture enough to pilot the affairs of the igbos over there?
This is stupid to say the least
shot up coco, dont you know the title has meaning in yoruba culture?
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by cosade(m): 2:41pm On Dec 30, 2016
JideAmuGiaka:

I am yet to meet a Yoruba person that is of Lagos origin even you talking, are you of Lagos origin?.

"Lagos State is essentially a Yoruba-speaking environment, it is a socio-cultural melting pot attracting both Nigerians and foreigners alike.

Indigenous inhabitants include the Aworis and Eguns in Ikeja and Badagry Divisions respectively, with the Eguns being found mainly in Badagry.

There is also an admixture of other pioneer settlers collectively known as the Ekos.

The indigenes of Ikorodu and Epe Divisions are mainly the Ijebus with pockets of Eko-Awori settlers along the coastland and riverine areas."

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lagos_State
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by Nobody: 3:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
Deathslater:
my entire family will die in motor accident. My village people will be wiped out by fulani herdsmen, don't quote me again, idiot.
Fixed. Be it unto you thus....
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by Jobos(m): 3:49pm On Dec 30, 2016
[quote author=01emek post=52380966]yuroba and low self esteem. This oba must go and join his fellow clowns basketmouth , I go die , Ali Baba etc . he could make a good comedian you know .

We are not answerable to any other person but the EZE NDI IGBO so the oba and his Asiwaju should go sex themselves with sex dull .
Let it be know to all Nigerians that the Igbo nation can never be threaten , we have passed through alot and can not be displaced in Nigeria... It the useless one Nigeria we must all endure because this might not end well.

[/quote

So how me the law or section in our constituition that prescribe the insainstallation of Eze Ndigbo in any non-igbo state
it is the name that the Oba want to change, you can not fight the Oba in his domain
remember what happen in lagos
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by Jobos(m): 4:04pm On Dec 30, 2016
tinktanker:
hausa jas their community in different places, does anyone choose who becomes their leader that is not them? Lets so supporting evil afonjas
The title Eze can only be used in your igbo land, your can not call it leader Oba in our land . or what is Eze. in english
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by JideAmuGiaka: 4:19pm On Dec 30, 2016
falopey:
Wearing a crown to meet a sitting true king. 2: Considering himself a king in another man's land. 3: Dressing in kingly regalia while making himself a rival of the true king to the land.

TOTAL RUBBISH
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by Odkosh: 4:31pm On Dec 30, 2016
giftedben:
grin am just laughing. I bet the Akure monarch is hungry. Give the poor man some money. This one he is now seeing the igbos as the asiwaju of his land. I see he can hardly feed his family. Chai afonja & poverty are like 5 & 6.
I bet it with u, ur father will have to undergo 3 interview before he can be considered as his shoe cleaner.
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by Odkosh: 4:34pm On Dec 30, 2016
Sammy07:

If don warn them too,,
They don't know that other yoruba state dislike ondo for their hot temper. ...

Go to any where in SW, , & tell them you are from ondo state,, you'll see their reply.. .

They'll reply you that..
"You this dog eating people" &

"You this hot temper people"
lol, if we in ondo are eating dog, is it not better than d biafra ppl eating human being?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by Princewell2012(m): 4:44pm On Dec 30, 2016
Deathslater:
This could lead to serious ethnic clash.

Good. Why did they not try it with emir of ilorin headed by a fulani?

Because igbos are peaceful people.
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by Princewell2012(m): 4:56pm On Dec 30, 2016
teaseryoh:
Wetin concern eze ndigbo for person land. No b ipod zone b dat ooo

Hmmm i thought you re educated. What does eze ndigbo signify? He does not represents the yoruba people but the igbos. It is like saying a white man should be an ambassador in the united state? Does that make any sense to you? Even the fulanis has their leader in that same ondo, can they ask a yoruba man to replaced him?
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by deb(m): 6:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
Deathslater:
Asiwaju Igbo ?

A.K.A The Commander in Chief of Weed
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by ElsonMorali: 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
cococandy:

Over their own people. Not the natives.

The land already has a king. If you go there you subject yourself to his authority. That's how it works.

3 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by Nobody: 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
modath:

The highlighted is what is wrong with this unending drama, Vanguardngr's phrasing/narration even exercebates the tension...

Why have a "supremacy battle" with a paramount ruler in his land!!

The saying "when in ROME do like the ROMANS didn't spring from someone's butthole, it was carefully thought out & to be implemented to prevent chaos & disorder...

One doesn't have to like it but when in a land, respect the rules & customs & everyone will be fine!! RESPECT isn't so hard nah!! cool
So you are suggesting that Igbos in Akureland must become yorubas by assimilation just because they found themselves there? I grew up in a cosmopolitan Igbo city and I can tell you for a fact that Hausa and Yoruba communities there, amongst others, are headed by Sarki or Seriki as the case may be. Your Oba's disposition smacks of insecurity and/or inferiority complex. Maybe this case can set a legal precedence for future reference.

2 Likes

Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by xolomonstrides(m): 7:13pm On Dec 30, 2016
Deathslater:
This could lead to serious ethnic clash.

Clash you say? For me it's serious ethnic massacre. I use to live in AKURE around 2014, the same eze ndigbo i hear ,wore his own crown to the deji's palace when he was summoned. And he was disrespectful which made the palace boys to pounce on him. The issue led to a popular market dominated by IBOs to be shut down further for weeks. We should learn to respect the people who host us irrespective of our contributions to the communities. It is hard to differentiate what Fulani people do to their long time hosts from what the IBOs attempt to do in Lagos and other western States. You cannot usurp authority over your host simply because you now have an increase in population and affluence. This is something that probably would never happen in Igbo land. Do unto others what you wish they do unto you.

I do not agree though with the deji's interference with the title of the Igbo community.
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by ariesbull: 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
This is just insecurity and infiriority complex
It's like a man asking the wife

.Do you know am the man of the house
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by omonnakoda: 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
It is more like a man flogging unruly children and locking up their bicycles for 6 months

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by omonnakoda: 12:55am On Jan 01, 2017
afemaiboy:
So you are suggesting that Igbos in Akureland must become yorubas by assimilation just because they found themselves there? I grew up in a cosmopolitan Igbo city and I can tell you for a fact that Hausa and Yoruba communities there, amongst others, are headed by Sarki or Seriki as the case may be. Your Oba's disposition smacks of insecurity and/or inferiority complex. Maybe this case can set a legal precedence for future reference.
Yes must Yorubanize to the extent that they eschew or freeze any of their customs that conflict with local customs. In the UK it is criminal to marry two wives so if you want to live in the UK you may not perform polygamous marriages.
That is the essence of assimilation

1 Like

Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by bigfrancis21: 6:58am On Jan 01, 2017
omonnakoda:

Yes must Yorubanize to the extent that they eschew or freeze any of their customs that conflict with local customs. In the UK it is criminal to marry two wives so if you want to live in the UK you may not perform polygamous marriages.
That is the essence of assimilation

Lol. In your wildest dreams. As if omonna is not being omonna. grin grin
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by BabaRamota1980: 10:14am On Jan 03, 2017
afemaiboy:

If you take it to a civil court you will be asked to define EzeNdigbo. If you call it a traditional title established to promote culture and customs they will advise it is outside their jurisdiction. If you take it to customary court you will be referred to Akure where the dispute is. The case will be judged based on customs in Akure, of which Deji is the custodian.

How do you intend to workaround the Deji? Impossible!
Your best bet is to comply with his direction.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by BabaRamota1980: 10:23am On Jan 03, 2017
Princewell2012:

Hmmm i thought you re educated. What does eze ndigbo signify? He does not represents the yoruba people but the igbos. It is like saying a white man should be an ambassador in the united state? Does that make any sense to you? Even the fulanis has their leader in that same ondo, can they ask a yoruba man to replaced him?

the first thing diplomats do is send a official letter dispatched from their home country to the host. This letter communicates that the ambassador or diplomat is certified. A host country has right to reject a diplomat it is dissatisfied with.

Similarly, the first thing sarkin hausawa do is pay homage to Deji and state his commitments in the community.

Ibo wants to be different. Ibo want to be totally independent of Deji's authority.

Impossible anywhere in Yorubaland. Ade, the Crown, symbolises that the wearer has complete authority over his domain and all people in it are his subjects, regardless of their race or background.
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by tinktanker: 6:32am On Jan 06, 2017
Jobos:

The title Eze can only be used in your igbo land, your can not call it leader Oba in our land . or what is Eze. in english
where do u stay. Pls travel to other states that have yoruba population n hausa population
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by giftedben: 3:24pm On Jan 08, 2017
Odkosh:
I bet it with u, ur father will have to undergo 3 interview before he can be considered as his shoe cleaner.

That part of job belongs to buhari and his people. I will buy his entire kingdom and turn it to Shopping mall. I can employ ur father to be the cleaner. Then ur mother to be the sales girl.
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by Odkosh: 8:25am On Jan 09, 2017
giftedben:

That part of job belongs to buhari and his people. I will buy his entire kingdom and turn it to Shopping mall. I can employ ur father to be the cleaner. Then ur mother to be the sales girl.
if you know my mother, you will mobilise your entire family to start worshipping her.
Re: Akure Monarch Replaces Eze Ndigbo With Asiwaju Igbo by giftedben: 11:00am On Jan 09, 2017
Odkosh:
if you know my mother, you will mobilise your entire family to start worshipping her.

grin Nice CV you just summited of her. Alright she can be my sales Girl.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

UN Warns Britain Over Child Voodoo Rituals, P.edophile Sex Tourists / The Igbos Are Probably Nigeria's Most Populous Ethnic Group? / Benins Are The Owners Of Ogboni Confraternity and olokun worship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.