Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,234 members, 7,825,904 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree (3458 Views)

Man Raped By A Fake Police Officer In Delta / I Made N6million As A Fake Lawyer – Suspect / Ekiti: Police Lied, We Paid Ransom To Kidnappers – Omisore’s Daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by AloyEmeka6: 8:09pm On Nov 19, 2009
[size=14pt]As Senate re-run election approaches, Iyiola Omisore's post-graduate degree generates new controversy [/size]
WRITTEN BY SAHARA REPORTERS, NEW YORK    
THURSDAY, 19 NOVEMBER 2009 13:07

Ex-Senator Iyiola Omisore

Just as the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) in Osun State on Wednesday fixed December 5 for the court ordered re-run election for the Senate seat previously occupied by Iyiola Omisore of the PDP, a new controversy has surfaced over the authenticity and veracity of Omisore’s degree.

Omisore parades a Master’s degree in Building Services Engineering Management, which he obtained from Brunel University in the United Kingdom in July 2004, according to an academic report obtained by Saharareporters and signed by Dr. R H M Wakelin, the Chairman of the Board of Examiners in the course.

The course description on Brunel website shows the “Building Services Engineering Management MSc at the institution to be a 3-5 years self study without attendance course,” permitting the student to "follow a structured programme of self-study at home or at work."

Omisore's Academic Report from Brunel University

If this is how Omisore obtained his M.Sc degree in 2004, that would mean he was undertaking the course while in prison over the murder of the former Oyo State Governor and later Attorney-General of Nigeria, Bola Ige, in Ibadan.  That assassination has never been solved.

An additional question would be how he was able to take his examinations.  The structure of the Brunel University self-study programme states that while students can study at their own pace using  a study pack comprising text books and CD-ROMs, they have to take annual examinations, in May.  Once registered, a student can take his examinations in his country of residence.  The university implements the process through "an extensive network of organisations (Universities, Colleges and British Council Offices) throughout the world" who provide invigilation, the cost of which is paid by the student.  It is unclear whether such services are made available in the context of incarceration, as Omisore was in 2004, and how.

Efforts to have the former senator speak about his MSc degree have been difficult, but  Stephanie Berke, who is a Clerical Officer in the Examinations and Conferment’s section of the Brunel University schools’ registry, responded to our inquiry, asking that we obtain Omisore’s consent to enable them release his academic records to us.

Today, Omisore refused to grant that consent.  He told Saharareporters to wait until next week upon his arrival in Abuja to produce a copy of the certificate and the roll call of graduands.

He refused to clarify the pertinent issues relating to when he took the course and how he was able to continue while he was in detention.  Saharareporters also wanted to know specifically when he completed the study, whether he used the method of self-study or attended classes, but he was non-committal.  About the completion date, he gave us 2005, but the academic record clearly shows 2004.

It would be recalled that on October 30, 2009, the Appeal Court, sitting in Ibadan, removed Omisore from the Nigerian senate, following the successful the petition filed by Action Congress (AC) candidate, Jide Omoworare.

http://www.saharareporters.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=4280:as-senate-re-run-election-approaches-iyiola-omisores-post-graduate-degree-generates-new-controversy&catid=76:hot-topic&Itemid=205
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 19, 2009
one of these days we'll find out who your backers are and who sent you here.

same goes for your yellow journalists.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by AloyEmeka6: 8:44pm On Nov 19, 2009
The cyclone is here again. Did Omisore study for his masters degree in jail?

I forgot that he won election in jail, so he may have obtained his masters in jail too. The only thing he didn't achieve in jail is impregnating tpia.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by OBVIOUS(m): 10:04pm On Nov 19, 2009
Sahara Reporters are RUMOUR MONGERS and are just as fraudulent as the people whom they report on.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by AloyEmeka6: 10:33pm On Nov 19, 2009
OBVIOUS:

Sahara Reporters are RUMOUR MONGERS and are just as fraudulent as the people whom they report on.

But if the certificate shown above is real, how did he get it since you and I know he was in jail then?
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by OBVIOUS(m): 10:43pm On Nov 19, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

But if the certificate shown above is real, how did he get it since you and I know he was in jail then?

This has nothing to do with Omisore--- it has to do with the reporter of the news--- I HATE SAHARA REPORTERS.

Do you know how many more bankers and politicians walking around with fake degrees ?
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by AloyEmeka6: 10:45pm On Nov 19, 2009
OBVIOUS:

This has nothing to do with Omisore--- it has to do with the reporter of the news--- I HATE SAHARA REPORTERS.

Do you know how many more bankers and politicians walking around with fake degrees ? 

Does that make it right? Because there are batallions with fake degrees in Nigeria, we should turn a blind eye about it?. If you criticized the man who married his daughter, why can't you criticize this one abi no be the same crime?
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by asha80(m): 10:47pm On Nov 19, 2009
OBVIOUS:

so because bankers and politicians are moving around with fake degrees omisore should not be exposed?
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by OBVIOUS(m): 10:48pm On Nov 19, 2009
asha 80:

so because bankers and politicians are moving around with fake degrees omisore should not be exposed?

Dont put words in your mouth---- reread my post.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by OBVIOUS(m): 10:49pm On Nov 19, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

Does that make it right? Because there are batallions with fake degrees in Nigeria, we should turn a blind eye about it?. If you criticized the man who married his daughter, why can't you criticize this one abi no be the same crime?

I have not questioned whether or not he should be exposed. I have questioned the credibility of the Sahara Reporters.

Re-read my post about the man with the daughter---- the man did what he did for his grandkids.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by AloyEmeka6: 10:52pm On Nov 19, 2009
OBVIOUS:

I have not questioned whether or not he should be exposed. I have questioned the credibility of the Sahara Reporters.

Re-read my post about the man with the daughter---- the man did what he did for his grandkids.

You don't need credibility of sahara reporters for this one unless Omisore has no masters degree obtained during the time he was in jail for murder.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by OBVIOUS(m): 10:55pm On Nov 19, 2009
Aloy~Emeka:

You don't need credibility of sahara reporters for this one unless Omisore has no masters degree obtained during the time he was in jail for murder.

Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by bawomolo(m): 11:04pm On Nov 19, 2009
OBVIOUS:

Umm at the expense of the nation and more capable office holders? i don't buy that excuse.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by OBVIOUS(m): 11:05pm On Nov 19, 2009
bawomolo:

Umm at the expense of the nation and more capable office holders?  i don't buy that excuse.

LOL i am speaking about another thread--- not this. We should know that there is no such thing as capable office holders, people get to where they are in Nigeria based on whom they know.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by MrCrackles(m): 8:16am On Nov 20, 2009
OBVIOUS:

And is Omisore's case justifiable

OBVIOUS:

Dont put words in your mouth---- reread my post.
I reread your post and i didnt see any common sense in it. . .
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by mogentle(m): 9:43am On Nov 20, 2009
@OBVIOUS
Change your name and your kolomental thinking. Haba!!!!!!!!!
You are filled up with rubbish thinking.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by KnowAll(m): 10:37am On Nov 20, 2009
If it can be established that Omisore has not got a Masters Degree by the Institution, then he should step down from running as a Senator. To be a Senator, having a Master’s degree is not a pre-requisite. If I am not mistaken a school cert degree is the minimum qualification required.

So for the Senator to over-kill by overstating his qualification is an unnecessary intent at shoring up his already dented personality, a first or Bachelor’s degree will do fine and I hope he has that.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by pcicero(m): 11:01am On Nov 20, 2009
KnowAll:

If it can be established that Omisore has not got a Masters Degree by the Institution, then he should step down from running as a Senator. To be a Senator, having a Master’s degree is not a pre-requisite. If I am not mistaken a school cert degree is the minimum qualification required.

So for the Senator to over-kill by overstating his qualification is an unnecessary intent at shoring up his already dented personality, a first or Bachelor’s degree will do fine and I hope he has that.

Exactly why they are all dull.
@Poster, men i tire o. It just goes on and on. That's why with all the qualifications i think i possess, some cheats would get a job ahead of me because they doctored their certificates.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by pcicero(m): 11:04am On Nov 20, 2009
Why Brunel University? With all the avalanche of universities in Nigeria that could still give him a degree while in prison. All these foreign maniacs, even on Nairaland, some would pose as being in Jupiter whereas they are in Oshodi.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by ikeyman00(m): 11:36am On Nov 20, 2009
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

yes the most educated wetin lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by Nobody: 11:55am On Nov 20, 2009
@poster
since you claimed to be a scholar let me ask u,,was it confirmed that the msc was faked.The reporter visited the school,& the school authority asked him to check back while awaiting omisore's consent.Meaning that the school knew that he was a student but only wanted his consent before releasing such information.I believe you should be a graduate,so getting inform about an alumnus shouldnt be a problem atleast everybody knows where u can get such information.this is just a propaganda
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by OBVIOUS(m): 11:59am On Nov 20, 2009
MrCrackles:

I reread your post and i didnt see any common sense in it. . . [/font]

This is coming from a little boy whom all he posts are fc.uk, cockery, dog sh*t, cock, bullocks, buttocks---- grin grin grin
<I laugh in French>
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by OBVIOUS(m): 12:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
To all of those who cant' read : I will re-state Me No questions whethers or not Omisore gets a college degree; me questions the CREDIBILITY OF THE SAHARA REPORTERS.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by Nobody: 12:11pm On Nov 20, 2009
Who doesnt know that saharareporters is a faceless propaganda tool,nothing good ever comes from them except bad news, Na today yansh dey back
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by OBVIOUS(m): 12:13pm On Nov 20, 2009
~Bluetooth:

Who doesnt know that saharareporters is a faceless propaganda tool,nothing good ever comes from them except bad news, Na today yansh dey back

Well said. Apart from never writing anything good on Nigeria, they never write the actual names of their "so-called" journalists-----  angry angry angry

Even this article says by "The Sahara Reporters, New York"  <I laugh in Bermese> Tell me who sat down and wrote the CRAP ?
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by Nobody: 12:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
And some ignorants on nL believe their CRAP because they want to tribalize the whole gist
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by OBVIOUS(m): 12:24pm On Nov 20, 2009
^^^^ not surprised though----
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by KnowAll(m): 12:26pm On Nov 20, 2009
To all of those who cant' read : I will re-state Me No questions whethers or not Omisore get a college degree; me questions the CREDIBILITY OF THE SAHARA REPORTERS.

Sahara Reports might have started its operation in an incredulous way, but because the many scoops they have had in the past which later turned out to be true, their incredible stories have suddenly become credible story.

They are the last voice of reason and an enviable source for the exposure of the endemic decadence Nigeria has become,  just as Dele Momodu’s Ovation magazine is committed to the portrayal of the life styles and social gatherings of our ruling class, Sahara Reports has made its mark in the murky and dark act of fighting corruption, a monster that has reduced our nation to a nation of penury and abject poverty.  

Sahara Reports has become the avenue where and when 2 disgruntled thieves will readily spill the beans on each other meanwhile, and all the time restraining the magazine or the Reporters from unveiling their anonymous status. Like the saying goes, there is no smoke without fire, it will be stupid of any sensible person to ignore such allegations, when a prove is all that is needed to counter the claims.

Sahara Reports should continue with the good works.
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by bandely(m): 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2009
Is this true?
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by OBVIOUS(m): 12:30pm On Nov 20, 2009
@ KnowItAll: Gossip is NOT journalism, but Gossip might be good business. A good journalist stands behind their work and does not lack credibility. ---- of course I get your point.----- undecided
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by Nobody: 12:34pm On Nov 20, 2009
@bandely
ask our learned poster if he actually confirmed this gossip
Re: Senator Omisore Holds A Fake Masters Degree by Maykelly(f): 12:37pm On Nov 20, 2009
Any news about savanah bank plc? i have 500k locked up there shocked

(1) (2) (Reply)

Cat Turned To Human In Ibadan! / "Yahoo Yahoo" How Did We Get Here And What Is The Way Out? (picture) / They Cut The Hand Bone Still Cut His Head - Blackaxe & Vikings Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.