Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,795 members, 7,810,073 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:01 PM

Husband Or Househelp? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Husband Or Househelp? (7177 Views)

Should I Leave My Husband Or Not? / Who Comes First - Husband Or Child? / "My Husband Is Molesting Our 12-Year-Old Househelp" - Nigerian Woman (Screenshot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Husband Or Househelp? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Dec 30, 2016
This topic is something I really want to talk about, because it is something I see every day, in public places, some homes I visited and so on. It is becoming a norm in today’s marriages where you see a man, a grown man, husband of the house, doing dishes in the kitchen, while the wife goes to make her hair or something!

We tend to like to copy everything the ‘white man’ does wrongly, because not everything that applies to them (over there) that applies here.

I have been to a neighbour’s house in the past (they just moved in), so I decided to say hello properly as a Nigerian, before they will say I didn’t welcome them well or don’t like their presence. so I rang the door bell, and the man, the husband of the house answered the door, he smiled and ushered me in.

I made myself comfortable in their sitting room, while he disappeared into one of the rooms, I sat there thinking he went to inform his wife of my presence, but he came back to the sitting room alone, obviously dressed more appropriate, as I met him in work clothes.
When I didn’t see his wife, who looked almost his age, I asked him; what of madam? he said she had gone to the salon to have her hair done.

I also asked after their 2 year old son, he said he was sleeping. I took a deep breath and smiled, he felt a bit uncomfortable with the look on his face. He offered me a drink which I declined because, as madam nor dey, I nor fit shout!

After a bit of conversation about work, Lagos traffic and all that, he excused himself and said he needed to get back to work, (he still had laundry to do and the bathroom to clean!), I almost froze with shock!

How can a woman leave all the house chores to her man to do? Is it normal for a good marriage? Was it an agreement? These were all the questions running through my mind as I called out to him that I was leaving because I had a meeting to attend.

Leaving your husband/man to do the house chores automatically makes you the boss, yes! and if there is anything that wrecks marriages, it is the woman playing the man while the man plays the woman.

You might think the man loves you so much to want to do all the dirty jobs, no, he is only trying so hard to please you because you are obviously calling the shots!

I know some women hate men who do house chores, I am one of them. A survey reveals that most men who do house chores are lazy men, they would rather do house chores than go out there and fend for their families! it is appalling, unacceptable.

I am not saying a woman should work her ass off because she is a wife, but it shouldn’t be a daily occurrence, something we watch in movies. For my neighbors, it was normal because, he goes as far as washing her underpants as well, yuck!

I don’t understand why some men enjoy being called the ‘nice’ guy? when at the end of the day they end up hurting themselves and the ones they’re trying to please.

know your place as a man, and know your place as a woman, it is a 2 way traffic thingy.

like I always say, I am not a relationship expert, but these are little things I see every day that makes me want to talk about them.

I have seen a husband, shopping in the open market while the wife sits in the car with the kids, not that she is pregnant or something. I don’t know their reason for that but I thought it was kind of weird.

At this point, I remember my maternal uncle, who wanted to play ‘oyinbo’ husband by going straight to the kitchen as soon as he jumps out of the car from work, lol

Then I always wondered if he would maintain it, but no, he didn’t because it wasn’t quite long before his friends started ‘yabbing’ him, he then stopped even his wife didn’t find it funny.

You confine your husband to the kitchen because he doesn’t complain, tomorrow he gets a babe who he goes to her house to 'chillax', and gets pampered and served and bleeped well! shame on you!

For more interesting topics read @ http://www.chichiuncensored.com
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by eyinjuege: 12:46pm On Dec 30, 2016
What works in your household doesn't have to work in another person's home.
Just face your own marriage, and make it work instead of being concerned about the marriage of strangers.

56 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by pocohantas(f): 12:56pm On Dec 30, 2016
Did you bug their house or are you his side chick?
I wonder how you know so much about people's homes.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by TheArchangel(f): 1:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
Once you start splitting the bills then the damn house chores has to be split too.

Dis bloggers and their controversial topics.

Mind your goddamn business.

20 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by angelTI(f): 2:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
Oga alainise! Always going to this and that neighbors house undecided May you find something to keep you busy in 2017

32 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by prettyangel10(f): 2:42pm On Dec 30, 2016
Op,

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Acidosis(m): 2:50pm On Dec 30, 2016
If I have a brother or an uncle who undergoes the named treatments, I will personally find him a side chick, to cook for him, pamper him and treat him right.

Men call the shot where I come from. No room for perpetually lazy gossips and chewing-gum saloon girls.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Eketem: 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2016
You are a foolish bitter jobless gossip.

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by SirVintageCock: 2:53pm On Dec 30, 2016
Acidosis:
If I have a brother or an uncle who undergoes the named treatments, I will personally find him a side chick, to cook for him, pamper him and treat him right.

Men call the shot where I come from. No room for perpetually lazy gossips and chewing-gum saloon girls.
You sound like a wimp. I mean in most of your posts undecided

28 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Acidosis(m): 2:55pm On Dec 30, 2016
SirVintageCock:
Yo sound like a wimp. I mean in most of your posts undecided

Who cares about what you think, woman wrapper?

2 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by GrandMufti: 2:58pm On Dec 30, 2016
pocohantas:
Did you bug their house or are you his side chick?
I wonder how you know so much about people's homes.

As in eh! I tire for them

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by GrandMufti: 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
X
prettyangel10:
Op,

Don't mind them
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by johnson232: 3:56pm On Dec 30, 2016
Acidosis:

3 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by thorpido(m): 4:01pm On Dec 30, 2016
A survey reveals that most men who do house chores are lazy

A man who goes to work and still comes back to do house chores is lazy ?

Mzuzu

18 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Nobody: 5:04pm On Dec 30, 2016
Op, don't be amazed. Every marriages have different dynamics. you may to shocked to realise your neighbour, especially the husband is been taken care of by his wife.

Rent -wife
Feeding -wife
Clothing both of them-wife
Even giving him money for transport when. He's going out/ fueling the car for him to use -wife
Baby food -wife

Then behold the husband's duty is. Sex, cooking and cleaning the home.
I have seen a couple like that. While the man uses his spare time to club and sexxxualy service married lonely women or older single unmarried ladies and single mums as well .. Anything goes As long as they are rich and he can squeeze out some money from the women. He's good to go. And at then end of the day he's back home to his wife late at night.
Everyday same circle.

So. Whatever happens in people marriage doesn't surprise or shock me.. That's their agreement.

5 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by EfemenaXY: 5:05pm On Dec 30, 2016
Chaiomsy:
This topic is something I really want to talk about, because it is something I see every day, in public places, some homes I visited and so on. It is becoming a norm in today’s marriages where you see a man, a grown man, husband of the house, doing dishes in the kitchen, while the wife goes to make her hair or something!

We tend to like to copy everything the ‘white man’ does wrongly, because not everything that applies to them (over there) that applies here.

I have been to a neighbour’s house in the past (they just moved in), so I decided to say hello properly as a Nigerian, before they will say I didn’t welcome them well or don’t like their presence. so I rang the door bell, and the man, the husband of the house answered the door, he smiled and ushered me in.

I made myself comfortable in their sitting room, while he disappeared into one of the rooms, I sat there thinking he went to inform his wife of my presence, but he came back to the sitting room alone, obviously dressed more appropriate, as I met him in work clothes.
When I didn’t see his wife, who looked almost his age, I asked him; what of madam? he said she had gone to the salon to have her hair done.

I also asked after their 2 year old son, he said he was sleeping. I took a deep breath and smiled, he felt a bit uncomfortable with the look on his face. He offered me a drink which I declined because, as madam nor dey, I nor fit shout!

After a bit of conversation about work, Lagos traffic and all that, he excused himself and said he needed to get back to work, (he still had laundry to do and the bathroom to clean!), I almost froze with shock!

How can a woman leave all the house chores to her man to do? Is it normal for a good marriage? Was it an agreement? These were all the questions running through my mind as I called out to him that I was leaving because I had a meeting to attend.

Leaving your husband/man to do the house chores automatically makes you the boss, yes! and if there is anything that wrecks marriages, it is the woman playing the man while the man plays the woman.

You might think the man loves you so much to want to do all the dirty jobs, no, he is only trying so hard to please you because you are obviously calling the shots!

I know some women hate men who do house chores, I am one of them. A survey reveals that most men who do house chores are lazy men, they would rather do house chores than go out there and fend for their families! it is appalling, unacceptable.

I am not saying a woman should work her ass off because she is a wife, but it shouldn’t be a daily occurrence, something we watch in movies. For my neighbors, it was normal because, he goes as far as washing her underpants as well, yuck!

I don’t understand why some men enjoy being called the ‘nice’ guy? when at the end of the day they end up hurting themselves and the ones they’re trying to please.

know your place as a man, and know your place as a woman, it is a 2 way traffic thingy.

like I always say, I am not a relationship expert, but these are little things I see every day that makes me want to talk about them.

I have seen a husband, shopping in the open market while the wife sits in the car with the kids, not that she is pregnant or something. I don’t know their reason for that but I thought it was kind of weird.

At this point, I remember my maternal uncle, who wanted to play ‘oyinbo’ husband by going straight to the kitchen as soon as he jumps out of the car from work, lol

Then I always wondered if he would maintain it, but no, he didn’t because it wasn’t quite long before his friends started ‘yabbing’ him, he then stopped even his wife didn’t find it funny.

You confine your husband to the kitchen because he doesn’t complain, tomorrow he gets a babe who he goes to her house to 'chillax', and gets pampered and served and bleeped well! shame on you!

For more interesting topics read @ http://www.chichiuncensored.com

Words of a home wrecker.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by sisisioge: 6:48pm On Dec 30, 2016
Chai! Chisom! Whew! I will just be very quiet knowing that you have just written out of sheer ignorance. Of course, you aren't married thus not qualified to discuss the topic. Thank you!

7 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by cococandy(f): 6:58pm On Dec 30, 2016
What a stupid thread

12 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by EfemenaXY: 7:02pm On Dec 30, 2016
cococandy:
What a stupid thread

And to think this was composed by a woman.

Smh.

Some minds eschewed in mental slavery are irredeemable.

6 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by cococandy(f): 7:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
EfemenaXY:

And to think this was composed by a woman.

Smh.

Some minds eschewed in mental slavery are irredeemable.
When it comes to silly stuff like this, those women who claim to be 'good exemplary women' are the usually the worst.

The man might be having the time of his life enjoying his marriage and they will go drive a wedge between them because they think they have the recipe to a perfect marriage.

12 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by EfemenaXY: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
cococandy:

When it comes to silly stuff like this, those women who claim to be 'good exemplary women' are the usually the worst.

The man might be having the time of his life enjoying his marriage and they will go drive a wedge between them because they think they have the recipe to a perfect marriage.

True that.

2 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Nobody: 7:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
Trash

4 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by SirVintageCock: 7:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
Acidosis:

E pain am grin cheesy grin

The cry of the halidon.

8 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by ScarletOverkill(f): 7:33pm On Dec 30, 2016
Eketem:
You are a foolish bitter jobless gossip.

grin grin grin cheesy grin cheesy grin grin

1 Like

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by callola: 7:52pm On Dec 30, 2016
Op, abeg get married first. What is wrong if oga decide to do some chores and take care of the kids while I fix my hair just for a day? If the man is not complaining how is it your concern? My advice in the coming year is to stay in your own house and mind your biz.

8 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by crackhaus: 7:54pm On Dec 30, 2016
Descendants of Jezebel will never like topics like this. They fancy the idea of wrapping their husbands around their thumbs. cheesy cheesy

It's the men involved I usually blame though, they provided the opportunity for such treatment and I do not feel sorry for them.

1 Like

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by crackhaus: 7:57pm On Dec 30, 2016
callola:
Op, abeg get married first. What is wrong if oga decide to do some chores and take care of the kids while I fix my hair just for a day? If the man is not complaining how is it your concern? My advice in the coming year is to stay in your own house and mind your biz.
Clap for yourself. You just proved you lack proper training.

Instead of you to type something like "while I am at work", you are talking about fixing those damn fake hairs.
For who I wonder.
The same husband you left at home to do chores, no?
Re: Husband Or Househelp? by crackhaus: 8:00pm On Dec 30, 2016
Acidosis:

You dey vex grin

4 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Nobody: 8:16pm On Dec 30, 2016
SirVintageCock:
You sound like a wimp. I mean in most of your posts undecided

The word “wimp” is too benign a description.

He's not only arrogant; his submissions reek of utter ignorance. More like one who is arrogant in his ignorance. A pompous Iscarus thinking Daedalus' aerial contrivance would survive the sun despite repeated warnings.

8 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by YourCoffin: 8:24pm On Dec 30, 2016
You saw the man in his work cloths which means he just returned from work and went straight to cleaning the house. Either the OP is lying or the man is a wuss. If that man is my brother I will debrother him straight. S/th is not right in that house

1 Like

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Dec 30, 2016
That you still want to live archaically is your own cup of tea but don't disrupt another's home b/c you don't agree with how they choose to live their lives.

What goes on in another woman's home is not your business.

4 Likes

Re: Husband Or Househelp? by bukatyne(f): 8:39pm On Dec 30, 2016
thorpido:
A survey reveals that most men who do house chores are lazy

A man who goes to work and still comes back to do house chores is lazy ?

Mzuzu

As in eh!

Funny thread.

I am beginning to think the proverb 'experience is the best teacher' and the idea that 'singles shouldn't comment in married matters' is apt and not discriminatory.

@OP:

I think you should learn more about the 'whites' you don't want us to emulate...

They more or less have same idea towards family where husbands provide & wife handles the chores.

Reading their blogs e.g. reddit and Huffington Post reveals they expect a wife to stop working as soon as she has kids. Some of their authors are even more 'traditional' than we are and tell wives to fully cater to their husbands and leave money matters to them.

A husband doing chores makes his wife a 'boss'? Is doing chores degoratory?

Finally, everyone runs their home as they deem fit.

Next time, do us a favor and stay with the couple for 1 week so we have a true picture of what their schedule is really like.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Effect Of Single Parenting On A Child / My Beautiful Baby Girl (photos) / Do You Like Twins?? ..... Get In Here!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.