Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,934 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:19 PM

Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes (1325 Views)

Is My Dad Trying To Have An Extramarital Affair? / My Child Walks On Top Of Bed But Is Afraid To Walk On The Ground / Photo Of Man Kissing His Wife & Their Kids Trying To Stop Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by bums: 8:10pm On Dec 30, 2016
My 11mths old daughter is trying to walk holding on to things,but my worry is that she has refused to place her feet flat on the floor.she is always trying to walk on the tip of her toes.i have tried to correct this but all to no avail.this has been on for about 2mths.im a bit worried because its preventing her from standing and she may be feeling pains on her calf.pls mothers who have experienced this should kindly advice me on what to do.God bless you
Re: Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by BlackDBagba: 8:11pm On Dec 30, 2016
Naturw has a way of working these things out. Rest and relax cool
Re: Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by sinaj(f): 8:18pm On Dec 30, 2016
Maybe she might turn out to be a ballet superstar grin

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by sweettease(f): 8:21pm On Dec 30, 2016
Check to make sure nothing is wrong with the part she's avoiding to put on the floor or anything like muscular dystrophy (you might want to take her to the clinic for that), if all is good, then there's nothing to worry about, she'll outgrow it.

1 Like

Re: Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by delishpot: 8:29pm On Dec 30, 2016
bums:
My 11mths old daughter is trying to walk holding on to things,but my worry is that she has refused to place her feet flat on the floor.she is always trying to walk on the tip of her toes.i have tried to correct this but all to no avail.this has been on for about 2mths.im a bit worried because its preventing her from standing and she may be feeling pains on her calf.pls mothers who have experienced this should kindly advice me on what to do.God bless you

If nothing is wrong with her legs, then leave her be. Some kids do toddle on tiptoe for a while and later balance out
Re: Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by estheremma(f): 9:17pm On Dec 30, 2016
Just check with a pediatrician to be sure,two of my kids walked on their toes till they were above 3,so don't worry too much
Re: Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by Mrjo(m): 9:32pm On Dec 30, 2016
The same thing with my 1st duaghter with time she wil balance
Re: Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by soonest(f): 10:54pm On Dec 30, 2016
Watch her closely, you may need to take her to see a physiotherapist to check if her Achilles tendon is short. One of my sons did exactly the same thing, we visited a physio then and a special shoe was made for him, we weren't consistent with wearing it. Guess what? He still tip toes at 5+.
Re: Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by blank(f): 12:52am On Jan 03, 2017
Buy her ankle boots. It is really difficult for them to walk on tiptoes in ankle shoes. It worked for my son. Good luck.
Re: Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by bums: 2:00pm On Jan 04, 2017
blank:
Buy her ankle boots. It is really difficult for them to walk on tiptoes in ankle shoes. It worked for my son. Good luck.
Thank you.i will look for one
Re: Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by Nobody: 2:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
Take her to a pediatrician to check her toes so it won't affect her walking step in future.
Re: Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by Nobody: 4:26pm On Jan 04, 2017
bums:

Please take her to a doctor to examine her. Don't rely on NL online diagnostics for such matters. She would not thank you later if there is a minor problem that you refused to take seriously and it became more serious over time. My kids walked on tip toe at about that age too, but not always, and they did not deliberately avoid putting the whole foot on the floor; it was just a once-in-a-while mannerism. Please take her to your family doctor just to be 100% sure that it is nothing serious.
Re: Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by bums: 11:29am On Jan 05, 2017
Catalin:
Take her to a pediatrician to check her toes so it won't affect her walking step in future.
Thank you.il do that
Re: Help 11mths Old Trying To Walk On Tiptoes by richyblink1(m): 4:28pm On Jan 05, 2017
There is absolutely nothing wrong with her, my 2 years niece did same when she started walking. Thought it was an issue only to find out the tiles were too cold for her to step on.

(1) (Reply)

Best Fibroid Treatments:herbs Or Sugery? / gl / 50mm Aluminium Venetian window blind At 6500 Per Sq Metre

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.