Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,994 members, 7,817,946 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:38 PM

Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show (1556 Views)

Sean Tizzle Pulls Off, Flaunts His Chest Tattoo And Six Packs / Oprah Winfrey Offers Lindsay Lohan $2million To Interview Her / The Three Divas Of Talk Show In Nigeria, Who Do You Consider The Best? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by amebono1: 3:06am On Nov 20, 2009
Oprah Winfrey will be calling it quits on her hugely successful talk show in 2011 after 25 seasons on air.

Gallery: Oprah Winfrey

Harpo Productions Inc says the talk show queen will explain the reasons behind her decision live on The Oprah Winfrey Show on Friday (US time).

Winfrey started her broadcasting career in Nashville, Tennessee, and Baltimore, Maryland, before relocating to Chicago in 1984 to host WLS-TV's morning talk show AM Chicago.

That show was renamed The Oprah Winfrey Show in 1985.

A year later, Winfrey established Harpo.

The Oprah Winfrey Show is broadcast from Chicago on ABC across the United States and on various channels worldwide.

It is one of the TV industry's biggest money-makers and is the top-rated US daytime talk show, avergaing 7.1 million viewers this year.

Winfrey, 55, is regarded as one of the most influential people in America and this year was number 45 on Forbes magazine's list of the world's most powerful people.

Her last show will air on September 9, 2011.

http://au.news.yahoo.com/thewest/a/-/newshome/6496023/oprah-pulls-plug-on-talk-show/

i will miss her show cry cry cry cry
someone please get me an handky cry cry cry
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by mamagee3(f): 3:09am On Nov 20, 2009
cool cool cool cool
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by Kunbee: 3:12am On Nov 20, 2009
Thank God she is leaving cool
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by amebono1: 3:12am On Nov 20, 2009
Kunbee:

Thank God she is leaving cool

see una wicked people cheesy cheesy cheesy, i enjoy her shows esp the ones on sexual abuse, little girls that was abused at some early stage of their lives
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by Kunbee: 3:15am On Nov 20, 2009
I am not wicked angry angry tongue, i never liked her so if she is off my screen haaaaaaa what a relief wink> i was a fan before she started saying crap about Nigerians and other countries but she deserves a standing ovation cheesy smiley
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by amebono1: 3:18am On Nov 20, 2009
lets face reality for once and stop living in denial

what she said about nigeria is it not true, do you watch the news everyday? have you seen the way your fellow nigerians are messing themselves off everywhere they go?

It is alright for we nigerians, to yab ourselves but if someone yab us na crime
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by Kunbee: 3:20am On Nov 20, 2009
Yes aunty amebo na crime cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by amebono1: 3:21am On Nov 20, 2009
see ya mouth cheesy grin
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by mamagee3(f): 3:21am On Nov 20, 2009
Kunbee:

Yes aunty amebo na crime cheesy cheesy cheesy

Moving on. grin grin grin
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by Kunbee: 3:22am On Nov 20, 2009
mama-gee:

Moving on. grin grin grin

To where undecided undecided
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by amebono1: 3:31am On Nov 20, 2009
oprah has really helped a lot of people, i watched her recent show, there is this 12 yr old guy 7'5 inches tall, she really helped cos he was not getting his shoe size and clothe size
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by sjeezy8: 3:41am On Nov 20, 2009
!amebo no1:

oprah has really helped a lot of people, i watched her recent show, there is this 12 yr old guy 7'5 inches tall, she really helped cos he was not getting his shoe size and clothe size

yehhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lmfao
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by Nobody: 9:33am On Nov 20, 2009
I'll miss her show.
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by Nobody: 11:11am On Nov 20, 2009
Oprah can kick rocks for all i care.
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by omar22(m): 2:47pm On Nov 20, 2009
( Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show )

[size=18pt]CRY ME A RIVER[/size]
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by wunmilyn(f): 2:55pm On Nov 20, 2009
thank God
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by ShadyDeal(m): 2:56pm On Nov 20, 2009
Oprah is fake. Thank God she is pulling the plug on the show. I had wished all along that the show derive its source of power from Nigeria. NEPA sorry PHCN would have helped pull the plug long before now. Do you know the number of innocent Nigerians that have suffered untold hardship because of the crap that came out of her mouth about Nigerians?
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by semid4lyfe(m): 3:14pm On Nov 20, 2009
Good riddance to bad rubbish!
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by spikedcylinder: 8:26pm On Nov 20, 2009
!amebo no1:

lets face reality for once and stop living in denial

what she said about nigeria is it not true, do you watch the news everyday? have you seen the way your fellow nigerians are messing themselves off everywhere they go?

It is alright for we nigerians, to yab ourselves but if someone yab us na crime

What is true? That EVERY Nigerian is corrupt? Seriously? undecided undecided
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by paddylo1(m): 9:01pm On Nov 20, 2009
every thing in america is show business,when will u ppl learn,oprahs show is business

her ratings tanked after endorsing obama,so she is probably moving on to make money in other areas

she can become a wrestler 4 all a care,
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by Pharoh: 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2009
Good that she is going sef what a relief chai angry
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by mamagee3(f): 12:29am On Nov 21, 2009
semid4lyfe:

Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Exactly what I thought. grin grin grin
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by omar22(m): 12:33am On Nov 21, 2009
Tell her to switch off the light on her way out,
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by amebono1: 12:48am On Nov 21, 2009
spikedcylinder:

What is true? That EVERY Nigerian is corrupt? Seriously? undecided undecided

99.9% of nigerians are, there is just no country you go to , that you wouldnt hear about what one nigerian has done and not done, if we've spoilt our name, we shouldnt complain when someone from another nationality labels us 'bad/terrible'
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by Pharoh: 12:59am On Nov 21, 2009
!amebo no1:

99.9% of nigerians are, there is just no country you go to , that you wouldnt hear about what one nigerian has done and not done, if we've spoilt our name, we shouldnt complain when someone from another nationality labels us 'bad/terrible'

Bia nwane amebo take time for that percentage ooo grin, we are the most religious nation in the world and we are very hard working angry grin grin.
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by amebono1: 1:15am On Nov 21, 2009
Pharoh:

Bia nwane amebo take time for that percentage ooo  grin, we are the most religious nation in the world and we are very hard working  angry grin grin.

i agree with you when it comes to religious, nigerians can be spiritual, infact nigeria is the best praying country this world can offer, grin grin have you seen a nigerian pray before, you sef go fear, you go think say heaven go jam earth that day grin grin grin

YET WE ARE STILL ONE OF THE WORSTCOUNTRY ON EARTH, WITH THINGS GOING BAD EVRY DAY sad
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by Pharoh: 1:26am On Nov 21, 2009
How can we be religious and at the same time a bad nation? , we have churches in every street of our country. grin
How will you compare us to china, russia, italy and USA.

Look we might withdraw your green passport ooo. [b][/b]
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by amebono1: 1:42am On Nov 21, 2009
Yes na go benin na them get church for every corner even for kitchen sef grin grin grin grin, still wetin dey happen grin grin grin

i no dey even use una green passport tongue , cos when i dey use that passport, the kain question wey them nak me for interview , i sweat inside aircondition grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by lawisong(m): 3:15am On Nov 21, 2009
Oprah Winfrey gave an
announcement tonight as to
why she is ending her show
in tears.
"I love this show and i know
when it is the right time to
say goodbye".
She said it took her months
of prayers to make the
decision. Tearfully she
thanked her audience.
The show is going to end in
season 25 in 18 months in
"I intend to soak up ever
meaningful event with you"
Fans are shocked, I am
literally in tears; but you
know she has to grow and
look forward to new
opportunities.[color=][/color]
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by SeanT21(f): 5:33am On Nov 21, 2009
Never watched an episode. Could care less.
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by Pharoh: 8:38am On Nov 21, 2009
!amebo no1:

Yes na go benin na them get church for every corner even for kitchen sef grin grin grin grin, still wetin dey happen grin grin grin

i no dey even use una green passport tongue , cos when i dey use that passport, the kain question wey them nak me for interview , i sweat inside aircondition grin grin grin grin grin

Sorry for that hard interview those na one of the benefits of holding that green passport you know. grin grin

The passport go give you respect, make you popular and draw attention to you. If people dey mention the name of their country for international gathering nothing dey happen than yeah and okay.

But when you mention i am from Nigeria gbam all attention na for you only grin

Look if you no like all these benefit i know the perfect medicine for you oo wey no concern your passport. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Oprah Pulls Plug On Talk Show by Nobody: 9:09am On Nov 21, 2009
Who cares?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Rihanna In Trouble For Touching Lap-dancers In London / Nollywood Stars Making A Fortune Through Music? / Adele's Father Reveals He Has No Contact With Singer: '

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.