Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,929 members, 7,810,582 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:30 AM

Hell Exists Because God Loves You - Religion (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Hell Exists Because God Loves You (17053 Views)

Death Is Proof That A Higher Power (god) Exists / Kola Nut Prayer: Effective Ritual You Never Know That Exists / Atheists!!! God Loves You. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Anas09: 6:37pm On Jan 01, 2017
akintom:
I look forward to an investigation into the appetite of these religious folks, who are hell bent on seeing folks who are not psycho like them burn in hell - could it be that both their gods and them, take a deep delight in consuming roasted human beings?
lol.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by PastorAIO: 6:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
Well it seems that you were not here when someone (AlienDoctor0 said that Only God can forgive and Forgiveness was a Divine prerogative. That is what we're discussing. It turns out that all this time you didn't even know what the issue on the table even was. No wonder you sounded so clueless.

4everGod:

Gosh...Why all this nonsense in the name of holding an argument. You see what you wish at face value and nothing more.

Forgiveness is in 2 forms

Forgiveness by/from men which brings spiritual/emotional healing in each individual or collectively/

Then there is Gods forgiveness which is tied to the forgiveness of Men and this was why Jesus when he was teaching the Lords prayer said

AND FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THEM WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US...A trespass is an offence or cause to sin or affliction or persecution)

When we forgive men God forgives us but when we do not then we hold unforgiveness in our heart and this is an evnue through which the devil can use to make us loose out on the promises of God.

Man can forgive sin carried out to him by another man but his forgiveness only justifies the one who forgave and not the recipient because the recipient still has his role to play twofold by seeking forgiveness from the one he offended and also from God who ultimately Justifies him.

1 Like

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 6:40pm On Jan 01, 2017
dalaman:

The part in bold is a lie. Jesus told his desciples that they have the.power to forgive sins.

21 Again Jesus said, “Peace be with you! As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.” 22 And with that he breathed on them and said, “Receive the Holy Spirit. 23 If you forgive anyone’s sins, their sins are forgiven; if you do not forgive them, they are not forgiven John 20:21-23

I have already answered this when answering PastorAIO so let me post it again

Gosh...Why all this nonsense in the name of holding an argument. You see what you wish at face value and nothing more.

Forgiveness by/from men which brings spiritual/emotional healing in each individual or collectively/

Then there is Gods forgiveness which is tied to the forgiveness of Men and this was why Jesus when he was teaching the Lords prayer said

AND FORGIVE US OUR TRESPASSES AS WE FORGIVE THEM WHO TRESPASS AGAINST US...A trespass is an offence or cause to sin or affliction or persecution)

When we forgive men God forgives us but when we do not then we hold unforgiveness in our heart and this is an evnue through which the devil can use to make us loose out on the promises of God.

Man can forgive sin carried out to him by another man but his forgiveness only justifies the one who forgave and not the recipient because the recipient still has his role to play twofold by seeking forgiveness from the one he offended and also from God who ultimately Justifies him.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Anas09: 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
Rilwayne001:

He was a Deeper life member.
Won't you shut up when people are talking?
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by dalaman: 6:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

What is this rigmarole? The passage clearly says that if you forgive
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 6:43pm On Jan 01, 2017
PastorAIO:
Well it seems that you were not here when someone (AlienDoctor0 said that Only God can forgive and Forgiveness was a Divine prerogative. That is what we're discussing. It turns out that all this time you didn't even know what the issue on the table even was. No wonder you sounded so clueless.

DoctorAlien and i are on the same page which is what the bolded confirms. It is God alone who Justifies but we can forgive. Our forgiveness is only onesided if the other person does not reciprocate. But when they do then yes our forgiveness liberates them and that is because they have acted in line with Gods word by not holding unforgiveness in their heart.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
dalaman:

What is this rigmarole? The passage clearly says that if you forgive

Can you point our the rigmarole?
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by dalaman: 6:45pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

What is this rigmarole? The passage clearly says that if you forgive men their sins, their sins will be forgiven, if you don't forgive them their sins, their sins will not be forgiven and you are here chasing after your long tail.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by dalaman: 6:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
Anas09:

She male what is it?
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by PastorAIO: 6:49pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

John 23:
23If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you withhold forgiveness from anyone, it is withheld.”

Again, you fail to quote the bible and in fact contradict it. All the while you are the one championing the bible as the basis of your faith but you are basing nothing on it. You're directly contradicting it.

3 Likes

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Geist(m): 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2017
PastorAIO:

I believe that it happens all the time that the Spirit tells you one thing, but Your carnal mind tells you the exact opposite. Then we have a test of Faith. Are you ready to follow the inspiration when conventional wisdom and everything that you've ever known or believed says otherwise?

You see people going left and hitting the jackpot, but your inspiration is telling you to go right. What do you do?

I'm not sure that I understand what you mean by the drawing. Are you saying that even inspiration is interpreted and filtered through the mind/opinions of the person receiving the inspiration so it is always personal?
yes. And to put in context of apostle Paul's writings. Is it impossible that his opinion was inspired by the holy spirit?
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Anas09: 6:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
dalaman:

She male what is it?
Homo. That goes for you too. Am not responsible for your impotency. Am sorry that as a girl, i have more balls than you, so shut up
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by randomperson: 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
Anas09:

God won't be the one to plunge anyone into hellfire, anyone who rejects Christ has automatically plunge himself into hellfire. Its a choice.
A choice created by god... If I have a son I loved, am never going to give him the choice of burning eternally... In fact, am going to DO EVERYTHING WITHIN MY POWER to make sure he has the best...
I guess God's love is different
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by PastorAIO: 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
Geist:
yes. And to put in context of apostle Paul's opinion. Is it impossible that his opinion was inspired by the holy spirit?

As I said before, I believe God is the ultimate cause of everything.

So yes, his opinion is as inspired by the Holy Spirit as Hitler's genocide was inspired by the Holy Spirit.

However there is a sort of special inspiration claimed for the bible that I do not see any evidence of.

1 Like

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 6:52pm On Jan 01, 2017
dalaman:

What is this rigmarole? The passage clearly says that if you forgive men their sins, their sins will be forgiven, if you don't forgive them their sins, their sins will not be forgiven and you are here chasing after your long tail.

Listen very carefully....Sin is a choice and so is confession of sin.

Anyone who continues in sin and is forgiven without repentance is not forgiven. Forgiveness is only absolute when there is a conscious act of repentance which is why the apostles were asked to go and preach. Preaching has to do with the gospel and the gospel is meant to bring repentance and when men embrace the gospel and repent then they are forgiven.

Jesus clearly said "As the Father has sent me, I am sending you". God sent Jesus to reconcile men unto HIM ny revealing God to them in HIMSELF. Now he is sending the disciples to also reconcile men unto God by declaring the good news which is Jesus and that good news is meant to save. Can you save he who does not want to be saved? Therein comes choice to retain sin or confess and forsake it in repentance which is where they can forgive their sins and it would be forgiven because they have fulfilled scripture.

Cherry picking scripture is dishonest Dalaman
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 6:53pm On Jan 01, 2017
PastorAIO:

John 23:
23If you forgive anyone his sins, they are forgiven; if you withhold forgiveness from anyone, it is withheld.”

Again, you fail to quote the bible and in fact contradict it. All the while you are the one championing the bible as the basis of your faith but you are basing nothing on it. You're directly contradicting it.

Anyone who continues in sin and is forgiven without repentance is not forgiven. Forgiveness is only absolute when there is a conscious act of repentance which is why the apostles were asked to go and preach. Preaching has to do with the gospel and the gospel is meant to bring repentance and when men embrace the gospel and repent then they are forgiven.

Jesus clearly said "As the Father has sent me, I am sending you". God sent Jesus to reconcile men unto HIM ny revealing God to them in HIMSELF. Now he is sending the disciples to also reconcile men unto God by declaring the good news which is Jesus and that good news is meant to save. Can you save he who does not want to be saved? Therein comes choice to retain sin or confess and forsake it in repentance which is where they can forgive their sins and it would be forgiven because they have fulfilled scripture.

Cherry picking scripture is dishonest
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by randomperson: 6:54pm On Jan 01, 2017
Anas09:

Can you make me love you? You make me obey you, but can you make me love you?

Do even know what love is?

He's not god... Can god make me love him?? Well, yeah, if he's truly omnipotent... If he CAN'T, he's not omnipotent...
It's simple logic really
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Rilwayne001: 6:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
Anas09:

Attention seeking mumu girl. I guess you are now having crush on me, if not, you won't be quoting me at every opportunity.

Always dying to mention, well you gotta die eventually grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by randomperson: 6:56pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

So when the bible verse he quoted says, "their sins are forgiven". Their sins are not really forgiven right?? Cool!

1 Like

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by dalaman: 6:56pm On Jan 01, 2017
Anas09:

Homo. That goes for you too. Am not responsible for your impotency. Am sorry that as a girl, i have more balls than you, so shut up

You are no girl. You are a she male. Your masculine parts are dominant. I've told you what to do that will help you make your feminine side become dominant but you've refused to listen. You have a small penis inbetween your legs. Every body knows that already. Go and look for help on how to remove it since you now want to be fully a female.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 6:57pm On Jan 01, 2017
randomperson:

So when the bible verse he quoted says, "their sins are forgiven". Their sins are not really forgiven right?? Cool!

I have also told you a few days ago not to quote me. I said clearly that my comment to you that day would be my last. Stick to it.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by PastorAIO: 6:57pm On Jan 01, 2017
So..... Are you admitting that humans can forgive sin too, or not? That is the issue on the table.

In John did jesus give humans the power to forgive sin or not.

Or do you still claim that the forgiveness of Sins is a prerogative of god?

4everGod:

Anyone who continues in sin and is forgiven without repentance is not forgiven. Forgiveness is only absolute when there is a conscious act of repentance which is why they apostles were asked to go and reach. Preaching has to do with the gospel and the gospel is meant to bring repentance and when men embrace the gospel and repent then they are forgiven.

Cherry picking scripture is dishonest.

2 Likes

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Anas09: 6:59pm On Jan 01, 2017
randomperson:

He's not god... Can god make me love him?? Well, yeah, if he's truly omnipotent... If he CAN'T, he's not omnipotent...
It's simple logic really
He could, but he didn't. Its called Choice. Its been choice from the start.

The power of Choice allows you the right now to run your mouth without restrain. Without it, you will be a robot.

Have you seen Muslims running their mouths against Muhammed or allah? If they dare, they die.

Enjoy running your mouth agaisnt Yahweh now, time shall tell.

1 Like

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 7:00pm On Jan 01, 2017
PastorAIO:
So..... Are you admitting that humans can forgive sin too, or not? That is the issue on the table.

In John did jesus give humans the power to forgive sin or not.

Or do you still claim that the forgiveness of Sins is a prerogative of god?

I have already answered this your dishonest attempt to get a definite yes from me. The condition that Jesus gave for sin forgiveness i have already given to you which is the same condition for which he was sent by God and that was to save. No man can be saved by force. They are saved when they willingly submit their will to God and when that is done in the course of preaching the gospel then we can pronounce forgiveness on them because they have fulfilled scripture.

The scripture explains itself and only the dishonest would deny this.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by randomperson: 7:00pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

I have also told you a few days ago not to quote me. I said clearly that my comment to you that day would be my last. Stick to it.
Who cares what the fvck u say?? Me quoting you is not even necessarily for you to reply, it's for rational people reading the comments to see your blatant hypocrisy and double standard... If u don't want to be quoted don't comment, that's how it works on a public forum...
Besides, u said it will be your last comment a few days ago and here you are again replying me. So, are u a liar, 4everGod??

1 Like

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by dalaman: 7:01pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

Cherry picking scripture is dishonest Dalaman

Why are you dancing all over a very clear verse? Does the verse say that deciples have the ability to forgive sins? Yes it does, so what are you yapping on about? Men have the ability to forgive sins, the passage even goes as far as saying that if the men do not forgive people their sins their sins will not be forgiven.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by PastorAIO: 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2017
4everGod:

I have already answered this your dishonest attempt to get a definite yes from me. The condition that Jesus gave for sin forgiveness i have already given to you which is the same condition for which he was sent by God and that was to save. No man can be saved by force. They are saved when they willingly submit their will to God and when that is done in the course of preaching the gospel then we can pronounce forgiveness on them because they have fulfilled scripture.

The scripture explains itself and only the dishonest would deny this.

Okay. So you refuse to give a definite 'yes' to agree with the bible. Thank you.

3 Likes

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by randomperson: 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2017
Anas09:

He could, but he didn't. Its called Choice. Its been choice from the start.

The power of Choice allows you the right now to run your mouth without restrain. Without it, you will be a robot.

Have you seen Muslims running their mouths against Muhammed or allah? If they dare, they die.

Enjoy running your mouth agaisnt Yahweh now, time shall tell.
So god has the power to save everyone but chooses not to... Great... If I had a son that was about to be destroyed or suffer some harm, and I had the power to save him, if I DECIDE NOT TO, what kind of a father am I??
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by DoctorAlien(m): 7:03pm On Jan 01, 2017
dalaman,

Follow this link for a clarification on John 20:23, and its unity/harmony with the with the rest of the Bible.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Anas09: 7:04pm On Jan 01, 2017
randomperson:

A choice created by god... If I have a son I loved, am never going to give him the choice of burning eternally... In fact, am going to DO EVERYTHING WITHIN MY POWER to make sure he has the best...
I guess God's love is different
U mean just like Jesus is doing everything to keep you from burning, but here you are refusing to accept the gift of eternal life?

Are you even sane? If you give to your son the very best, but your son rejects it. You'll force him to accept what you offer right?

Guy, its the first day of the year, so, pls.

1 Like

Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by Nobody: 7:06pm On Jan 01, 2017
randomperson:

Who cares what the fvck u say?? Me quoting you is not even necessarily for you to reply, it's for rational people reading the comments to see your blatant hypocrisy and double standard... If u don't want to be quoted don't comment, that's how it works on a public forum...
Besides, u said it will be your last comment a few days ago and here you are again replying me. So, are u a liar, 4everGod??

Your constant rude and vitriol laden outbursts is one of the reasons why i said you should not quote me. I am tired of little kids who simply because they have weathered the storm of keyboard ignorance can now open their blabber mouths and say whatever trashy word pops into their head at any and everyone just so they can appear to be making a point in a discussion which isnt even a quarrel.

If that is the way you were brought up then kindly look for someone who is like you and can vomit junk like you and battle it out. I do not wish to entertain it. I just explained it to you here in a very simple understandable manner.

Respect it. There are myriads of others to troll here. Take me off your list. Thank you very much.
Re: Hell Exists Because God Loves You by randomperson: 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
Anas09:

U mean just like Jesus is doing everything to keep you from burning, but here you are refusing to accept the gift of eternal life?

Are you even sane? If you give to your son the very best, but your son rejects it. You'll force him to accept what you offer right?

Guy, its the first day of the year, so, pls.

Getting crass already?? ... If Jesus was actually doing everything within his power, then everyone will be saved. Why?? Because he's omnipotent... This is pure logic... If an omnipotent god wants to do something, he will be successful at that thing... It's impossible for an omnipotent god to try to save me and fail, failure and omnipotence ain't compatible at all

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Pope Benedict Announces Shocking conversion To Islam / Waking Up With Unexplained Scratches On My Body / Have The Bible Lost Its Value? Replaced With Tablets In Churches

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.