Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,224 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 12:48 AM

Please I Need Advise Of My Car Gear Is R,it Refuse To Select Gear Even When - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Please I Need Advise Of My Car Gear Is R,it Refuse To Select Gear Even When (813 Views)

Help - My Car Gear Won't Shift Until I Remove My Leg on Gas Pedal / Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park? - See 6 Important Reasons / Why Use Your Handbrake When The Gear Is On Park(p) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please I Need Advise Of My Car Gear Is R,it Refuse To Select Gear Even When by Jamesime: 9:29am On Dec 31, 2016
I park my car yesterday night which I newly bought Tokunbo I try to start it this morning. It refuse to start ,i try to fix the battry termina still the same.i now find out the gear light is in R I try to put it in P or N to see if it will start but still the same thing. Please I need advice to know the issue, I can't sleep because of it
Re: Please I Need Advise Of My Car Gear Is R,it Refuse To Select Gear Even When by diportivo: 9:51am On Dec 31, 2016
This one that u can't sleep,where we wan even start sef ehn

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advise Of My Car Gear Is R,it Refuse To Select Gear Even When by Oluwapresley(m): 10:01am On Dec 31, 2016
Jamesime:
I park my car yesterday night which I newly bought Tokunbo I try to start it this morning. It refuse to start ,i try to fix the battry termina still the same.i now find out the gear light is in R I try to put it in P or N to see if it will start but still the same thing. Please I need advice to know the issue, I can't sleep because of it
did it refuse to select gear or to start?
Re: Please I Need Advise Of My Car Gear Is R,it Refuse To Select Gear Even When by Edikraftdeco(m): 10:02am On Dec 31, 2016
TRY AND OPEN THE IGNITION, THEN STEP ON D BREAK B4 CHANGING D GEAR.
Re: Please I Need Advise Of My Car Gear Is R,it Refuse To Select Gear Even When by GAZZUZZ(m): 10:31am On Dec 31, 2016
Jamesime:

what kekenapepe is it?

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advise Of My Car Gear Is R,it Refuse To Select Gear Even When by MIB1(m): 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2016
gear selector is likely broken , that's under the gear lever
Re: Please I Need Advise Of My Car Gear Is R,it Refuse To Select Gear Even When by mayor2013: 9:36pm On Dec 31, 2016
What car is this? Are you saying the shift lever can't move out of the park position?
Re: Please I Need Advise Of My Car Gear Is R,it Refuse To Select Gear Even When by sultaan(m): 12:08am On Jan 01, 2017
Ask him how he got the key out of the car in the first place with transmission in R.

He is new to car ownership so doing the basic mistakes of running the battery dead

Lessons to be learned

1 Like

Re: Please I Need Advise Of My Car Gear Is R,it Refuse To Select Gear Even When by MIB1(m): 10:17am On Jan 03, 2017
sultaan:
Ask him how he got the key out of the car in the first place with transmission in R.

He is new to car ownership so doing the basic mistakes of running the battery dead

Lessons to be learned
. I have experience where gear was stuck in D , selector lever was free , key came out

the key mechanism works with the position of the selector lever

(1) (Reply)

The Jaguar XF Now Comes As A Wagon As Well (photos) / Persistent Loud Belt Adjuster Rattle Honda Accord 2004 / Upon By Police One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.