Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,164 members, 7,838,979 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 11:55 AM

Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) (1453 Views)

Amodu Vs Largerback: Who Is The Worst? / Amodu Ruined My Dream - Kanu / Nigeria Sack Amodu, Draw Up Hiddink-led Shortlist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Sagamite(m): 5:40pm On Nov 20, 2009
omar22:

The French dont have a team to write home about,  they had to cheat to get pass Ireland

LWKMD

grin grin grin grin grin

Ribery, Benzema, Anelka, Vieira are nothing to write home about?

omar22:

In Mozambique we were lucky to leave with one point

What luck?

Some of you guys make me laugh.  grin grin grin grin If person no watch match that is when you can be postulating this kin thing.

Here is highlight of the match (not very clear). It would "mistakenly" suggest we had better chances of scoring and they only had 3 shots on goal.

But we had no pattern naw! And also take note of the human motion I think it was a living thing, not a ghost at 2.51 minutes. You know Amodu is a fool that is always sitting down? At this minute (2.51) you will see Capello (the living thing) directing and inspiring the boys. grin grin grin grin grin

[flash=400,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/WVj861gmjwk[/flash]

omar22:

Against Kenya at Abuja, if Kenya had half a striker we would have been 2 goals down before we scored one,

Hmmm!

What if Christiano Ronaldo was Nigerian?

omar22:

In Tunis we were all over the place, we had chances but could take them

against Tunisia at Abuja,  we all know the story

What story?

All over the place, that was why the Tunisians were sweating?

omar22:

Mozambique in Abuja PURE LUCK in the 92nd minute when most of the team has given up

But if Alex ferguson brought in a player and he scores, he is a genius? They have designer, not even pattern!  grin grin grin grin

omar22:

in Kenyan  we looked like Pub team,  Even my school team would never look that bad, we couldnt defend the ball coming in from the right,  (where was Shittu) 

Am not saying we should go for a white coach, if Siasia or Keshi is not the answer then am sorry its foreign it could be an African but not Amodu

Really?

Your school team must be going to WC.

Where was Shittu? LWKMD grin grin grin grin

What a question. A team goes away and beat opposition, your ignorant self want to be dictating who should be in a team to a coach that is more intelligent than you. Na real wah!

Where is Shittu? . . . . . .He was washing the boxers of Cannavaro. . . . . Ridiculous question.
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Nobody: 5:48pm On Nov 20, 2009
For Bleep sakes!

What has anybody's colour got to do with anything?
Domenech could have been black. Amodu could have been white.
It doesn't take anything away from the fact that both managers are rubbish!

Is it possible to make comments sans referring to the colour of their skin?

Bloody hell??
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Sagamite(m): 5:58pm On Nov 20, 2009
OMO IBO:

For Bleep sakes!

What has anybody's colour got to do with anything?
Domenech could have been black. Amodu could have been white.
It doesn't take anything away from the fact that both managers are rubbish!

Is it possible to make comments sans referring to the colour of their skin?

Bloody hell??

For Bleep sake, the excuses some of these people use to condemn Amodu will clearly expose that they subconciously don't want him as coach because they lack belief in a black man's ability.

- how can someone only lose 1 game in 20 and you are ranting he is rubbish?
- how can someone have the same record against Mozambique that CIV has and you say he is rubbish but the white CIV coach with the same result is doing good even though he ALSO is drawing with [size=16pt]Botswana[/size] and [size=16pt]Madagascar[/size]?
- how can someone have 16 clean sheets in 20 and you talk about being a bad coach?
- how can he beat a team with Anelka, Ribery, Vieira, Evra, Benzeama, Squillaci with a team with Akpala, Odems, Uche, Sodje, Adeleye and you say it does not count?
- how can someone make substitutions that keep on making impacts by scoring vital goals but yet you say he has no tactical awareness and can not inspire his team?
- how can someone win 15 games in 20, only lose 1, kept 16 clean sheets, score 33 goals, conceded only 5 and you say his team has no designer, o sorry, pattern?
- how can someone have a record with SE that is better than all your previous coaches (white or black), including the white ones you idolise and you say he is not fit for the job?

You can ONLY WHEN HE IS BLAAAAAAAAAAAAAACK!!! And you have complex and think less of your type.
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by omar22(m): 9:13pm On Nov 20, 2009
What luck?

Some of you guys make me laugh. Grin Grin Grin Grin If person no watch match that is when you can be postulating this kin thing.

Here is highlight of the match (not ver clear). It would "mistakenly" suggest we had better chances of scoring and they only had 3 shots on goal.

But we had no pattern naw! And also take not of the motion at 2.51 minutes. You know Amodu is a fool that is always sitting down? At this minute (2.51) you will see Capello directing and inspiring the boys. Grin Grin Grin Grin Grin

I believe Mozambique scored a goal (2 actually) that was unfairly ruled out
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Sagamite(m): 9:28pm On Nov 20, 2009
omar22:

I believe Mozambique scored a goal (2 actually) that was unfairly ruled out

But Roberto Baggio missed the WC penalty, otherwise Brazil would not have been World champions.

If Zidane did not head Materazzi, France would have been World champions.
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by omar22(m): 9:44pm On Nov 20, 2009
Mozambique scored but was unfairly ruled out
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Sagamite(m): 10:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
omar22:

Mozambique scored but was unfairly ruled out

And England would have won the WC in 1986 if not for the "Hand of God".
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
I have no reason to hide fact that he is incompetent.
Amodu’s position as SE manager was up in flames even before he was appointed.
His deficiency will be an embarrassment should be manned with the responsibility of taking us to the world cup.

I do not think Nigerians would worry too much about the outcome of a match if little things were done. Agreed, gone are the days when we upset big teams. Amodu does not and cannot motivate his team. His sight alone is a downer on the team and Nigeria as whole except yourself.

You compare CIV to Nigeria. Did you know the CIV wear their hearts on their sleeves? These guys put in an honest work and they respect their manager. But what do we get? A siddon look. And you expect Mikel, Yakubu et al to listen to his drivel?

I do not expect them to beat teams like France, Brazil, Spain, italy and what not, but I expect Nigeria to sort out teams like Botswana and Kenya with little or no ease. But first, we need to the tactics right.
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Sagamite(m): 10:36pm On Nov 20, 2009
OMO IBO:

I have no reason to hide fact that he is incompetent.
Amodu’s position as SE manager was up in flames even before he was appointed.
His deficiency will be an embarrassment should be manned with the responsibility of taking us to the world cup.

I do not think Nigerians would worry too much about the outcome of a match if little things were done. Agreed, gone are the days when we upset big teams. Amodu does not and cannot motivate his team. His sight alone is a downer on the team and Nigeria as whole except yourself.

You compare CIV to Nigeria. Did you know the CIV wear their hearts on their sleeves? These guys put in an honest work and they respect their manager. But what do we get? A siddon look. And you expect Mikel, Yakubu et al to listen to his drivel?

I do not expect them to beat teams like France, Brazil, Spain, italy and what not, but I expect Nigeria to sort out teams like Botswana and Kenya with little or no ease. But first, we need to the tactics right.

Oh, but you don't expect a stronger team (that wear their hearts on their sleeves) like CIV to sort out Botswana or Madagascar?

So they wore their hearts on their sleeves and still drew with such teams?

And you would tell me they respect their manager but SE do not Amodu but hustle to score vital goals?

And their motivation is definitely not from Amodu but that of CIV is from their coach?

Amazing points.
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Nobody: 11:16pm On Nov 20, 2009
Sagamite:

Oh, but you don't expect a stronger team (that wear their hearts on their sleeves) like CIV to sort out Botswana or Madagascar?

So they wore their hearts on their sleeves and still drew with such teams?

And you would tell me they respect their manager but SE do not Amodu but hustle to score vital goals?

And their motivation is definitely not from Amodu but that of CIV is from their coach?

Amazing points.
Have you seen Drogba play for his country?
Compare his performance to say Yakubu's.
There is a clear contrast.

Maybe Drogba is too big, how about Aruane Dindane?? These guys jostle for ball.
They look like hungry people.

Can you and i say the samething about our own team? I honestly do not think so.
Amodu is responsible for the teams performance.
If they fail, he fails. In his case, he fails because of he knows Bleep all about footie.

We only got through to the WC finals by the stroke of luck. . . . .not Amodu's football know-how.
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by omar22(m): 11:18pm On Nov 20, 2009
And England would have won the WC in 1986 if not for the "Hand of God".

Now I know you dont know what your talking about, did you see the match,  England had no chance, Maradona was ripping them to shreds Peter Reid, Hoddle, Butcher were all kicking the living daylight out of the player, Thanks to Shilton they would have been 4 nil down by half time, Only as a desperate measure John Barnes was sent on in the last 10 minutes whose energy and dribbling skills started to create chances for Gary Linekar who scored one and missed a sitter,

England win what, struggled against Morocco ended with 8 or 9 men and lost Portugal

Dont ever say that again
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Sagamite(m): 11:21pm On Nov 20, 2009
OMO IBO:

Have you seen Drogba play for his country?
Compare his performance to say Yakubu's.
There is a clear contrast.

Maybe Drogba is too big, how about Aruane Dindane?? These guys jostle for ball.
They look like hungry people.

Can you and i say the samething about our own team? I honestly do not think so.
Amodu is responsible for the teams performance.
If they fail, he fails.
In his case, he fails because of he knows Bleep all about footie.

We only got through to the WC finals by the stroke of luck. . . . .not Amodu's football know-how.

And they have not failed. They have been succeeding.  grin grin grin grin grin

THEY HAVE EVEN DONE BETTER THAN DROGBA'S CIV! They are not drawing with Madagascar and Botswana.

Or now you are going to condemn a man for success and having the best qualifying stats in Africa? grin grin grin
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by omar22(m): 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
If they fail, he fails. In his case, he fails because of he knows Bleep all about footie.

BINGO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SPOT ON

ENUF SAID,
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Sagamite(m): 11:22pm On Nov 20, 2009
omar22:

Now I know you dont know what your talking about, did you see the match,  England had no chance, Maradona was ripping them to shreds Peter Reid, Hoddle, Butcher were all kicking the living daylight out of the player, Thanks to Shilton they would have been 4 nil down by half time, Only as a desperate measure John Barnes was sent on in the last 10 minutes whose energy and dribbling skills started to create chances for Gary Linekar who scored one and missed a sitter,

England win what, struggled against Morocco ended with 8 or 9 men and lost Portugal

Dont ever say that again

OMG cry cry cry cry
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by omar22(m): 11:25pm On Nov 20, 2009
THEY HAVE EVEN DONE BETTER THAN DROGBA'S CIV! They are not drawing with Madagascar and Botswana.

do you know how you sound? CIV qualified through their own strenght, Nigeria sneaked through the back door through the help of Mozambique, theirs a big difference,
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Sagamite(m): 11:29pm On Nov 20, 2009
omar22:

do you know how you sound? CIV qualified through their own strenght, Nigeria sneaked through the back door through the help of Mozambique, theirs a big difference,

No, CIV qualified through the help of Burkina Faso.

If Burkina Faso had not allowed them to win Burkina Faso, then Burkina Faso would have qualified for WC instead of CIV.  grin grin grin grin grin

Rules says round-robin and the top of the table go through and you are talking about back door. Joker. undecided
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by kcjazz(m): 8:00pm On Nov 21, 2009
@ Sagamite You dey make sense, I have been following your posts about this Amodu issue, you've been sensible and wise.

How can we be talking about sacking a coach that gets results? I don't get it
Someone said we qualified by a "stroke of luck" (all to discredit this man), maybe we shouldn't have showed up in Kenya and sit at home while our luck helps us grin.
I am having a feeling that we will do really well at the ANC and of course critics will find something else
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Iyineda(m): 8:51pm On Nov 21, 2009
Domenech!

His white and has taken France to WC final. 

Amodu does not inspire confidence by looking at him, he cannot command the respect of his players, his success so far is based on the individual talent of his players and is a local champion. 

Probably the most unfortunate comment I've read on these boards. How clueless.
I don't know much about Amodu. All I know is that some of his strategy choices are uncalled for. He doesn't have a proper midfield.

As for Domenech, haha, I love this guy. Such an entertainer.  grin Up there with Mourinho when it comes to the lulz of the game. But as a technician, he does have some issues. Leaving Benzema - probably the biggest French talent as of today - on the bench is an ineptie I'm yet to diggest.

PS: Why mods? Why? I didn't say "unfortunate". What's the censorship all about
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by andyty(m): 12:44pm On Nov 23, 2009
Even though Domenech has been to the world cup final, can u please reel out the laurels he has won, even though Amodu is not my favourite coach in Nigeria he is still better than Domenech because his records is there for every one to see. At least Amodu has won winners cup now Africa Confederations cup twice in his career and other league titles. Because Domonech is white doesn't make him better than Amodu Blacks should be respected too because Sagamite said have respect for Domenech because he's white and not black.
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Sagamite(m): 1:47pm On Nov 24, 2009
kcjazz:

@ Sagamite You dey make sense, I have been following your posts about this Amodu issue, you've been sensible and wise.

How can we be talking about sacking a coach that gets results? I don't get it
Someone said we qualified by a "stroke of luck" (all to discredit this man), maybe we shouldn't have showed up in Kenya and sit at home while our luck helps us grin.
I am having a feeling that we will do really well at the ANC and of course critics will find something else

Thank you o. No mind dem.
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by omar22(m): 5:56pm On Nov 24, 2009
Thank you o. No mind dem.

Tell me why was Chelsea's Avram Grant sacked?
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by Sagamite(m): 6:07pm On Nov 24, 2009
omar22:

Tell me why was Chelsea's Avram Grant sacked?

I should tell you?

OK, sit down. Wait, I am coming?
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by FBS: 6:35pm On Nov 24, 2009
Amodu or Domenech?

AMODU ni oooooooo! cheesy
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by nedu2000(m): 8:54pm On Nov 24, 2009
Until we get embarrased in d nations' cup dat is when we'll sack him.argentina shud sack maradona as well
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by yousouph(m): 6:28am On Nov 28, 2009
@topic. They are on the same level.(SHYTE). Supported by their FA's and qualify for the world cup.
Re: Amodu Vs Domenech (seriously) by FBS: 9:00am On Nov 30, 2009
Amodu or Domenech? I will say it again, AMODU!!!!

Meanwhile. . .

Nigeria to name foreign coach – report
The Nigerian government plans to soon name a new foreign coach for the country's team ahead of next year's World Cup despite the recent endorsement of coach Shuaibu Amodu by the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) to lead the Super Eagles at South Africa 2010.

According to the daily Nigerian sports newspaper, Soccer Star, top officials of the sports ministry have insisted on going ahead to engage a foreign coach in place of Amodu.

"We are more concerned about Nigeria having a decent outing in South Africa next year. As such we cannot afford to leave the destiny of the Super Eagles in the hands of Shuaibu Amodu, “a top official was quoted by the newspaper.

The newspaper further claimed that the new foreign coach will be appointed in time for the African Cup of Nations in Angola, which kicks off in January 10, so that he could start monitoring the team.

Several foreign coaches including Guus Hiddink, Giovanni Trapattoni and Ruud Gullit have already been linked with the top Nigerian job.

http://www.kickoff.com/static/news/article.php?id=12495

(1) (2) (Reply)

Macho Man Randy Savage, The Latest Wrestler To Kick The Bucket / Are You Interested In Playing Professional Soccer In Turkey & Other Countries? / BOOM (under/over) & BTS Tips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.