Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,569 members, 7,955,111 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:11 PM

Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me (4279 Views)

Trump Is Frustrating Chinese Tech Companies And See How It May Affect Nigerians / Iphones Are Overrated, TECNO Mobile Is Better. / Why Itel Mobile Is The Best Phone Brand In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by SESknowledge: 2:35pm On Dec 31, 2016
Dear Nairalanders, I have been a very regular but silent fan of this great forum and I have seen instances where the good people here have helped dissatisfied customers seek redress from service providers. I hope this won't be an exception.
It is painful that I have to bring my favourite network provider Glo mobile, to the public court. I have endured with pain, at this direful time, the incessant and fraudulent deductions of my meagre airtime.
Only God knows how long this has been going on but I first took a notice of it on the 12th of December when I noticed a deduction of #15 in my airtime. Since then, the unwarranted deductions have become almost a dialy routine. When I couldn't take it anymore, I had a chat with their agent online on 16 Dec 2016 around 10:37am who confirmed that some value added services have been activated on my line (without my consent). These services, according to the agent are Twitter pethaiah, Glo culture, Glo social vibe service, Motivational service. That in itself is fraud (so I told him/her) how could any services be activated on my line without my consent and the network will continuously sap my airtime for such services which I do not even enjoy! The agent asked me to send STOP to 2442 to deactivate these airtime-sapping services. I initially declined as I told him/her that I didn't subscribe to those services in the first instance, whoever or whatever activated them on my line should find a way of deactivating them from my line. After the chat, I had a rethink and send the code as directed but nothing changed afterwards. After waiting for about two days (Dec 18th) and seeing that the network appears unrelenting in deducting my airtime, I took to twitter to lodge my complaint. Again, the agent confirmed the activation of those value added services on my line and directed that I send STOP to 20644 to have them removed. I did and was charged #15 for doing so. How on earth would I be charged to have a service I didn't subscribe to removed on my line. Anyways if that would bring an end to this fraud, so be it. But I was wrong because two days after, the deductions returned.
While this was going, I kept sending email to customercare@gloworld.com (totalling 6 emails now) on this same issue but they wouldn't reply on time. The much I got as reply from them was that my line will be placed on 'do not disturb'. This morning again, I woke up to see another #25 deductions in my airtime.
My grouse is why is Glo foot dragging in deactivating these unsolicited, airtime sapping services on my line. I never subscribed to them, I do not even get sms notification of any service. I insist, like I told their agents that it was fraudulent for them to have activated such services on my line without my consent and continuously charge me for such. Worst still, I do not even know what these services are all about as there are notifications for such.
I know I have the option of porting as I'm seriously considering that as soon as my current data is exhausted, (I actually ported to Glo from another network anyways ) but for how long are we going to be at the mercy of these service providers.

These are the deductions I could trace.
1. Dec. 12th around 4:14pm (#15)
2.Dec. 13th around 5:40pm (#15)
3. Dec. 14th around 8:27pm (#30)
4.Dec. 15th around 12:51pm (#15) and 4:32pm (#50)
5. Dec. 16th around 10:20am (#15)
Others are ; Dec. 18th (#15), Dec. 20th (#25), Dec. 22nd (#15), Dec. 24th (#75), Dec. 26th (#80), Dec. 29th (#25), Dec. 30th (#25) and this morning, Dec. 31st, another #25.
It isn't just about the little little daily deductions, it's about how long it will take them to stop this nonsense. Only God knows how many subscribers, majorly unlettered, that will be silently going through such official stealing by these service providers. I hope NCC will step up their games and protect the subscribers.
To be fair, I have enjoyed Glo Mobile services all along before this imbroglio and I have been Glo unpaid ambassador amongst friends, family and colleagues. It will therefore bring relieve to me if this is resolved very urgently and never to be witnessed again.
Thank you Nairalanders as you help me impress it on Glo Mobile to do the needful. Happy New Year in advance.
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by LibertyRep: 12:51pm On Jan 01, 2017
I feel your pain. The funny thing is that the deductions might continue till God knows when. Even if it's just 10k daily, I do not think any network has the right to deduct customers' airtime unjustly.
Btw, have u reported to NCC?
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by wristbangle: 2:37pm On Jan 01, 2017
OP so sorry about ur predicament but it will be nice if u can visit the nearest gloworld to lodge your complaint.
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by SESknowledge: 6:39pm On Jan 01, 2017
LibertyRep:
I feel your pain. The funny thing is that the deductions might continue till God knows when. Even if it's just 10k daily, I do not think any network has the right to deduct customers' airtime unjustly.
Btw, have u reported to NCC?

I did try to contact NCC through the email 'info@consumer.ncc.gov.ng' but got deliver error.
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by SESknowledge: 6:42pm On Jan 01, 2017
wristbangle:
OP so sorry about ur predicament but it will be nice if u can visit the nearest gloworld to lodge your complaint.
Thank you. I will try that after the holidays
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by kuss: 7:09pm On Jan 01, 2017
glo has been stealing my airtime for the past 6months
i don't know what to do again
am tired of calling their customer care that keeps giving me the same response

Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by kuss: 7:15pm On Jan 01, 2017
i posted a wrong picture earlier

Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by SESknowledge: 8:55pm On Jan 01, 2017
kuss:
i posted a wrong picture earlier
I have loads of those messages too. What then do you think is the way out?
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by SESknowledge: 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2017
Xhaka:
You need to learn how to use paragraphs angry
You are right in a way, but I think there is also a style called the block format.
Btw, how do you think we can together call out Glo mobile on this seemingly unending theft
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by SESknowledge: 8:59pm On Jan 01, 2017
Xhaka:
You need to learn how to use paragraphs angry
You are right in some way, but I think there is also a style called the block format.
Btw, how do you think we can together call out Glo mobile on this seemingly unending sapping of airtime
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by SESknowledge: 9:44pm On Jan 01, 2017
I deliberately decided not to make any calls on this line today. I checked my balance a while ago and as feared, another #25 gone! Glooooo wetin I do u now?
Dear Nairalanders, abeg help me call them out o.
Lalasticlala abeg help do the needful.
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by wristbangle: 10:57pm On Jan 01, 2017
SESknowledge:
I deliberately decided not to make any calls on this line today. I checked my balance a while ago and as feared, another #25 gone! Glooooo wetin I do u now?

Can u PM your number pls?
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by gen2briz(m): 11:08pm On Jan 01, 2017
SESknowledge:

Since you can go a day without calling with the line, you can render the line useless. Just don't recharge on it again.

1 Like

Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by SESknowledge: 11:25pm On Jan 01, 2017
wristbangle:

Can u PM your number pls?
I couldn't find my way around the PM stuff.
My number is right in the epistle above
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by TheMascot(m): 11:46pm On Jan 01, 2017
At least you even have airtime, I have been trying to recharge for almost three days now and I keep getting wait for 2+ hours, I have bought about 3 recharge cards, none is going through
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by wristbangle: 7:20am On Jan 02, 2017
SESknowledge:

My number is right in the epistle above, 08144242907.

Okay bro
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by SESknowledge: 7:39am On Jan 02, 2017
gen2briz:

Since you can go a day without calling with the line, you can render the line useless. Just don't recharge on it again.
Very well. That’s exactly what I intend to do if this nonsense persists. The only thing still drawing me to Glo is the data. Time to look elsewhere.
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by Medunah: 7:42am On Jan 02, 2017
SESknowledge:
Call them out Twitter!!!!
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by SESknowledge: 9:43am On Jan 02, 2017
Medunah:

Call them out Twitter!!!!
I already did. No reprieve stil
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by wristbangle: 11:12am On Jan 02, 2017
SESknowledge:

My number is right in the epistle above, 08144242907.

Bros send CANCEL to 2442
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by Denchturbo: 11:23am On Jan 02, 2017
SESknowledge:

same thing is happening to me. I use my glo as my main line loaded 200 only for a week to go by without me making any calls I have 10 left. Have called, emailed them to no avail. It's unfortunate that it's my main line. Never recharging again. When did glo beome mtn
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by SESknowledge: 12:45pm On Jan 02, 2017
wristbangle:

Bros send CANCEL to 2442
I have sent that repeatedly to no avail. I even sent STOP when CANCEL will not yield any result still nothing came out of it.
The agent on twitter asked me to send STOP to 20644, I did and was charged #15 yet the deductions persist.

Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by jmoore(m): 1:44pm On Jan 02, 2017
SESknowledge:

Thank you. I will try that after the holidays

You will be wasting your time. Nothing positive will come out from it. Glo is No 1 network thief in Nigeria.

The best advice is to load the exact amount that you want to use immediately.

See my former thread https://www.nairaland.com/3317388/glo-no-1-thieving-network#48903471

If it is bad news about MMM, it will make headline and appear on nairaland frontpage. But Glo has been stealing billions from Nigerian customers and the government ain't talking.

1 Like

Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by SESknowledge: 2:22pm On Jan 02, 2017
jmoore:

You will be wasting your time. Nothing positive will come out from it. Glo is No 1 network thief in Nigeria.

See my former thread https://www.nairaland.com/3317388/glo-no-1-thieving-network#48903471

If it is bad news about MMM, it will make headline and appear on nairaland frontpage. But Glo has been stealing billions from Nigerian customers and the government ain't talking.

Na wah o. I read through your thread and I become more saddened. How could a service provider be this audacious in stealing customers' airtime at will.
What exactly is the regulatory agency doing to protect the subscribers or are we just simply helpless and at the mercy of these companies?
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by chosen124: 3:53pm On Jan 02, 2017
I have stopped recharging my glo line because of this issue
The most annoying thing is that they will deduct your airtime without notifying you via SMS
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by LibertyRep: 7:10pm On Jan 02, 2017
chosen124:
I have stopped recharging my glo line because of this issue
The most annoying thing is that they will deduct your airtime without notifying you via SMS
kuss:
glo has been stealing my airtime for the past 6months
i don't know what to do again
am tired of calling their customer care that keeps giving me the same response
jmoore:

Chai! So Glo has been dealing with Nigerians like ds for long. Unfortunately, this is suppose to be a Nigerian owned teleco.
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by U1(m): 8:44am On Jan 05, 2017
SESknowledge:

Dear Nairalanders, I have been a very regular but silent fan of this great forum and I have seen instances where the good people here have helped dissatisfied customers seek redress from service providers. I hope this won't be an exception.
It is painful that I have to bring my favourite network provider Glo mobile, to the public court. I have endured with pain, at this direful time, the incessant and fraudulent deductions of my meagre airtime.
Only God knows how long this has been going on but I first took a notice of it on the 12th of December when I noticed a deduction of #15 in my airtime. Since then, the unwarranted deductions have become almost a dialy routine. When I couldn't take it anymore, I had a chat with their agent online on 16 Dec 2016 around 10:37am who confirmed that some value added services have been activated on my line (without my consent). These services, according to the agent are Twitter pethaiah, Glo culture, Glo social vibe service, Motivational service. That in itself is fraud (so I told him/her) how could any services be activated on my line without my consent and the network will continuously sap my airtime for such services which I do not even enjoy! The agent asked me to send STOP to 2442 to deactivate these airtime-sapping services. I initially declined as I told him/her that I didn't subscribe to those services in the first instance, whoever or whatever activated them on my line should find a way of deactivating them from my line. After the chat, I had a rethink and send the code as directed but nothing changed afterwards. After waiting for about two days (Dec 18th) and seeing that the network appears unrelenting in deducting my airtime, I took to twitter to lodge my complaint. Again, the agent confirmed the activation of those value added services on my line and directed that I send STOP to 20644 to have them removed. I did and was charged #15 for doing so. How on earth would I be charged to have a service I didn't subscribe to removed on my line. Anyways if that would bring an end to this fraud, so be it. But I was wrong because two days after, the deductions returned.
While this was going, I kept sending email to customercare@gloworld.com (totalling 6 emails now) on this same issue but they wouldn't reply on time. The much I got as reply from them was that my line will be placed on 'do not disturb'. This morning again, I woke up to see another #25 deductions in my airtime.
My grouse is why is Glo foot dragging in deactivating these unsolicited, airtime sapping services on my line. I never subscribed to them, I do not even get sms notification of any service. I insist, like I told their agents that it was fraudulent for them to have activated such services on my line without my consent and continuously charge me for such. Worst still, I do not even know what these services are all about as there are notifications for such.
I know I have the option of porting as I'm seriously considering that as soon as my current data is exhausted, (I actually ported to Glo from another network anyways ) but for how long are we going to be at the mercy of these service providers.

My number is 08144242907 and these are the deductions I could trace.
1. Dec. 12th around 4:14pm (#15)
2.Dec. 13th around 5:40pm (#15)
3. Dec. 14th around 8:27pm (#30)
4.Dec. 15th around 12:51pm (#15) and 4:32pm (#50)
5. Dec. 16th around 10:20am (#15)
Others are ; Dec. 18th (#15), Dec. 20th (#25), Dec. 22nd (#15), Dec. 24th (#75), Dec. 26th (#80), Dec. 29th (#25), Dec. 30th (#25) and this morning, Dec. 31st, another #25.
It isn't just about the little little daily deductions, it's about how long it will take them to stop this nonsense. Only God knows how many subscribers, majorly unlettered, that will be silently going through such official stealing by these service providers. I hope NCC will step up their games and protect the subscribers.
To be fair, I have enjoyed Glo Mobile services all along before this imbroglio and I have been Glo unpaid ambassador amongst friends, family and colleagues. It will therefore bring relieve to me if this is resolved very urgently and never to be witnessed again.
Thank you Nairalanders as you help me impress it on Glo Mobile to do the needful. Happy New Year in advance.

I came across your post while looking for where to vent my frustration. It appears Glo is on a mission to continue fleecing its customers while the regulators look the other way.

I started noticing these deductions after retrieving my SIM last month, having misplaced it three months earlier. The swap process was tortuous to a degree. After it all, I saw an amount lower than what I recharged when I finally managed to check my balance days after the retrieval and I think I still had money on the line when it was misplaced. I complained and they stopped for some time. This morning I woke up and another N50 was gone. I very much hate cheating, regardless of amount involved.

The explanations provided the two times I spoke with an agent were that I subscribed for joke and entertainment services, even though I never did and didn't enjoy those services at all. I always refused the recommendations to unsubscribe by sending a message to a code - it doesn't make sense to do that since I never subscribed for these services in the first place.

It's just a shame how we do things in this country. I have already decided in my mind what I'd do with the line when the airtime on it is exhausted.

2 Likes

Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by SESknowledge: 6:19pm On Jan 05, 2017
U1:

I came across your post while looking for where to vent my frustration. It appears Glo is on a mission to continue fleecing its customers while the regulators look the other way.

I started noticing these deductions after retrieving my SIM last month, having misplaced it three months earlier. The swap process was tortuous to a degree. After it all, I saw an amount lower than what I recharged when I finally managed to check my balance days after the retrieval and I think I still had money on the line when it was misplaced. I complained and they stopped for some time. This morning I woke up and another N50 was gone. I very much hate cheating, regardless of amount involved.

The explanations provided the two times I spoke with an agent were that I subscribed for joke and entertainment services, even though I never did and didn't enjoy those services at all. I always refused the recommendations to unsubscribe by sending a message to a code - it doesn't make sense to do that since I never subscribed for these services in the first place.

It's just a shame how we do things in this country. I have already decided in my mind what I'd do with the line when the airtime on it is exhausted.

I've always known I couldn't have been the only one enduring this grand theft from Glo through the dubious VAS. I haven't experienced any deductions again since Jan 1st though, but the data service has been awful.

The silence or seemingly helplessness of NCC in all of these is making them appear as accomplices

1 Like

Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by U1(m): 6:22pm On Jan 05, 2017
SESknowledge:

I've always known I couldn't have been the only one enduring this grand theft from Glo through the dubious VAS. I haven't experienced any deductions again since Jan 1st though, but the data service has been awful.

The silence or seemingly helplessness of NCC in all of these is making them appear as accomplices

I think they are accomplices, if you ask me.
Re: Glo Mobile Is Frustrating Me by emakind(m): 9:15pm On Jan 05, 2017
Oya port to anoda netwok

(1) (2) (Reply)

6 Reason Why You May Not Like An Iphone / The New Tecno Camon 12 Pro Specs And Price / Everyday Information. General knowledge on Computer/Phone/Internet

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.